Sep 01 2010

Ever had an "I can't believe I did THAT!" moment?

A guy out golfing in So Cal started a fire with one swing of his club that required 150 firefighters to be called to the scene to fight the fire.... Have you ever had one of those moments???.... If so, what happened????

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/25/2010 1:06:10 PM
Patty Haas United States
Patty Haas
I work for a low vision company and I was helping a client out to her car with a standing drafting magnifier/light. While I was waiting for her to move her car across the street the sun hit that magnifier just right and burned 2 holes in my pants. The staff inside our office just watched as my pants were smoking and when I got back in the office, they asked why my pants were smoking. I didn't get burned other than my pants.
8/25/2010 6:12:37 PM
rrhoop United States
rrhoop
I used to work at Delphi for 10 yrs (about 6 yrs ago) and there were rumors going around that they were going to have a buy-out and my husband kept telling me he felt Delphi was going to shut down (or just about shut down)...I waited about a year, nothing happened, then quit my job (due to health reasons, instead of going on sick leave for awhile)...1 MONTH LATER, THEY OFFERED THE BUY-OUT! I missed out on about $35,000. About a year after that buy out they offered another one around $110,000. I've been beating myself up ever since, lol.
8/25/2010 11:14:35 PM
Patti Sciapiti United States
Patti Sciapiti
Oh, my goodness, you will never imagine what I did to my poor cell phone. One Sunday I was driving the grandkids to church in my daughter's car. I talked on my cell and then slipped into an empty coffee cup (I thought) Turns out the cup was still 1/2 full of coffee with cream and sugar. Got to church and decided to dry out my phone so I placed it on the dash, bad idea! The sun came out and fried my phone.
8/26/2010 9:40:12 AM
Javier Ramos United States
Javier Ramos
Many years ago when I used to fix airplanes as a crew chief our team lost a rag (these red rags that you find in the auto part store). Those rags are considered a "tool" and we needed to find the rag to turn it in at the end of the shift to be able to go home because is very bad to file a lost tool report and no one wants to do that (last,last resort). The thing is that after spending literally over 2 hours after our shift was over looking all over the place and going around every single aircraft that we worked on (about 12 guys searching) I found the rag.... In my pocket!! I could not tell anyone - so I hide it in a place I knew a friend was going to look. I made him a hero that night. Ouch
8/26/2010 2:45:57 PM
Rayce Monahan United States
Rayce Monahan
Yesterday, when I came home - I had to unlock the door since my parents were gone. Well, sometimes our door sticks and you have to put a little force into it to get it open...it was unlocked (or so I thought)... So I tried to open it, and it wouldn't budge - so I put a little force into it with my hand...and wonderful popping noises sounded - from my wrist. Sprained it pretty good! Guess maybe next time I'll make sure the door is actually unlocked!!! Oh well...

By the way Scott and Kelli - see you guys at LifeLight this weekend!!!

Rayce Monahan
Jefferson, SD
8/27/2010 2:37:49 AM
Amber United States
Amber
Well I have two stories both from my childhood. Once morning while getting ready for school I was heating up my breakfast that I had wrapped in a paper towel. I thought I set it for 40 seconds and I guess I accidentally put 40 minutes and it caught on fire. I was in the middle of getting ready and forgot I had even started it until we started to smell something burning. It made the whole house smell for weeks.

Then also one day while I was in the 5th grade I was in a before school program because both of my parents had to work early and they had all of us kids in the gym playing I went to kick a soccer ball and missed and fell on my ankle and severely sprained it. I was not the most coordinated child.
8/27/2010 2:38:23 AM
Debra Santiago United States
Debra Santiago
Dear Scott and Kelli,

I normally deep clean my tile floor about once every three weeks. This means filling one side of the sink full of pine sole water, and the other side with clean rinse water. I have to make sure my kitchen is clean befor I do this (OCD)..LOL. I started on my way to clean the dishes, and started filling up the sink with the soapy water. It takes at leas two minutes to do this as I have a large sink. I decided to take some old rise to the chickens, said hi to my dogs, and "then forgot completly about the water in the sink. I proceeded to finish a load of laundry in the laundry room when I hear my daughter Tailor "10" yelling for me. I thought one of her 3 sibling were hassling her so I told her to hold on. She comes running into the laundry room telling me that I have to come and something is soo bad that she could not even put it into words. I got back into the house and realised that my dish water had "FLOODED MY KITCHEN". I had all four kids grab every towel in the house. 13 towels later, and my dishes were done and my kitchen floor needless to say was moped. This is a true testiment that GOD does help with housework. If it weren't for him I would have seen this as a ocmplete catastrophe, But because of who God is he turned my MOMMY blooper into a blessing that knocked out two chores at the same time..LOL. "I TOTALLY CAN't BELIEVE I DID THIS"..LOL

Love you guys
Praise the Lord for K-LOVE

Sincerly
1busymom
8/27/2010 7:43:17 AM
Tailor Santiago United States
Tailor Santiago
I love you guys Love Tailor
8/29/2010 12:33:23 AM
Melony United States
Melony
Kelli
We also washed an iPod touch!  I left in heat, but not
direct sun each morning for several days... It works
great now .    I am also told you can put in a bag of rice
or in dry ice, these are all cheap fixes!  Best Wishes
8/29/2010 6:00:16 AM
Melony United States
Melony
Kelli
We washed an ipod touch.  I left in indirect sun several days and it revived.  I am told a bag of rice works well to draw out water and also dry ice.  These are cheap enough to try.... best wishes!
8/29/2010 4:41:08 PM
Katie S. United States
Katie S.
Sometimes I'll be looking for something, not realizing I've had it in my hand for the past 10-15 minutes while I've been looking for it, then I finally realize that I've had it in my hand and I think,"I can't believe I did that!"

8/29/2010 11:56:41 PM
Sarah A. United States
Sarah A.
Something actually happened to me two weeks ago. My phone was ringing as I was going down the stairs and as I answered it I slipped and fell and broke and sprained the same ankle. I was wearing socks and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. I didn't even know that you could have a sprain and a break in the same foot at the same time. I am so thankful it I caught myself and I didn't break my neck. My friends have been helping me out a lot to adjust to not walking. I am very blessed to have them.
8/31/2010 3:06:21 AM
peace United States
peace
Greetings and I hope you had a safe and happy trip.  I spoke before asking for you to say goodbye when leaving the air.  Not for me but for all listeners.  I listen all the time and feel my heart is knit with yours spiritually and find if sad when all of a sudden you are gone and Larry or J.D. or Lara is on the air and You are simply gone. I love to pray for you all and would just like to know when you are leaving.  Sterling lets us know when she is leaving and I appreciate it.
8/31/2010 12:16:59 PM
Kelly S. United States
Kelly S.
My favorite aunt and uncle had their 25th wedding anniversary party.  The cake and decorations set up and we were waiting for guests to arrive.  As they started arriving I noticed a streamer out of place on lamp above table with cake on it.  I stood up on bench fixed the streamer and jumped off the bench to the ground.  As I did this I caused a jolting on the table that catapulted the top of cake through the air and onto the floor.  As the guest swarmed in I went running out of room in tears.  I will never live that one down in my family.