Sep 10 2010

What item do you overpay for? Why?

A list of the top overpriced products came out today. On the list, brand name fashions, printer ink, bottled water, college textbooks, greeting cards and movie theater popcorn! Why are we willing to pay so much for these things?! What item do you overpay for? Why?
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/5/2010 6:22:32 AM
Jason Ryburn United States
Jason Ryburn
I won't skimp on Kraft Mac and Cheese and has to be brand name peanut butter.
9/5/2010 11:23:07 AM
Leah Forsberg United States
Leah Forsberg
I pay the higher price for locally grown meat and chicken. Leah
9/5/2010 10:44:46 PM
Tori United States
Tori
I am a financially changed person thanks to Dave Ramsey's guidance. Yes, please feel free to call me a cheapskate. I don't intentionally overpay for anything. Watch the sales, buy used, recycle, have swap parties with friends. And drink tap water - it's better for the environment anyway!
9/6/2010 6:39:35 AM
Kimberly G. United States
Kimberly G.
We try to buy more all natural and organic that are so much better for you than the other stuff.
(Our local Krogers have a decent selection of such.)
Normally, the prices are higher than the traditional brands but it is so well worth it.
(The difference in price would be something like if the regular brands cost like $99-$2 or $3, the all natural or organic brands would cost like $3-$6. But it so well worth it! (And it's still yummy!)
9/6/2010 11:40:59 AM
Kimberly G. United States
Kimberly G.
Pardon me! In the above, I meant $.99 not $99
9/7/2010 3:39:45 PM
Sue Ann - Rhode Island United States
Sue Ann - Rhode Island
I will not go cheap on haircare products. I use top of the line because I have curly hair and they really keep it in line!
9/8/2010 2:32:02 AM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
I LOVE you  guys. i just stared high school and just listening to u guys helps me through every thing
9/9/2010 4:38:46 PM
Lynn United States
Lynn
The most overpriced thing i have payed for would be theater popcorn. I think i payed about 7 dollars.
9/11/2010 9:45:49 PM
Jessie United States
Jessie
printer ink. to to projects for school and such.