Sep 13 2010

How have you made a difference lately?

Happy Make a Difference Monday! We would love to hear what you've been able to do to make a difference this week! Has someone done something cool for you? Share your story here!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/7/2010 7:19:29 AM
Sweet Altruist United States
Sweet Altruist
I have a friend who is now 70 yrs old and is financially struggling. She's been looking for a job but no one would hire her. Her house is getting close to foreclosure and she will be without a home in just a few days. I loaned her $1,500 to help her get a mortgage modification. I would have just given her the money, but I am a single mom raising two young kids and living from pay check to pay check. I also send her gift certificates to a local grocery store every payday. She doesn't know who's sending the gift certificates to herSmile
9/8/2010 12:16:21 AM
Taylor P United States
Taylor P
i live on an Air force base in Mississippi with my husband and I was fortunate enough to get the chance to make a new family with a new baby dinner tonight so they can spend time with their new baby and not have to worry about meals. I am so excited for these people I don't even know and glad I can help out a little since being military we don't usually have family around.
9/8/2010 5:31:25 AM
Alysha United States
Alysha
I was having the wost week!I dont have a good relationship with my dad and I saw him and we had got in to a big fight...Later that day I found out that my aunt had cancer. Me and My brother had been taking turns all week staying the night with her in the hospital. Thursday morning I was thinking how am I going to be able to raise money for school I need to be here with my aunt and she doesn't even have health care!I said out loud ill put school off for a term. About two hours later I get an email from this lady at the school asking if I could please call her because someone had paid for my first term in full! 13hundred dollars! Talk about Praise God! I Don't know who it was but they knew my families situation and I thank god everyday for Them!
9/8/2010 10:41:51 AM
Anna United States
Anna
I just wanted to share how you have made a difference. 2 weeks ago tragedy struck our family when our almost 3 year old granddaughter let our one year old granddaughter off the porch, unknowingly. Pawpaw went to pull up the truck and hit her. She spent 9 days in PICU , 2 more days in a regular room and is now in a pediatric rehabilitation facility. I have the klove app on my phone and anytime she would get fussy I could turn that on and it would calm her. I can't express enough how much your ministry has help all of us through this trying time. Thank you and God bless!
9/8/2010 4:21:23 PM
Milynn Read United States
Milynn Read
I was in line for lunch at my school when the guy infront of me didnt have enough money for his lunch, so went on ahead and bought his lunch as well my friend who was behind me lunch. When all had plan to buy was a water. Smile
9/8/2010 9:33:46 PM
Jessie United States
Jessie
I am in seventh grade. Today at lunch I shared my lunch with a boy I don't even know. Smile
9/9/2010 8:16:02 AM
-jenn United States
-jenn
Hermina dumped considerable rain on our area (just north of Austin, TX).  Flooding near our home has been the worst I've seen here.  My 16yo daughter saw the extent of damage done to some homes caught in flood waters while staying with a friend Saturday night.  Her friend brought her to church Sunday morning and before she'd even talked to her dad or me, she went to our Community Impact Team Leader with her idea.  He immediately hooked her up with one of the young men who volunteers with our youth and instantly mobilized -- they were out that afternoon helping in the area, carrying stuff, tearing out sheetrock, whatever needed to be done.  After the youth volunteer had to quit, the two girls went back out with my husband to help yet more.  A couple who told them "you don't have to do that" was visibly moved at the simple gesture of helping them carry items back into their garage.  I am very proud of my daughter and her friend... and of our church who encouraged them!
9/9/2010 1:23:29 PM
Laura United States
Laura
Hey Scott and Kelli,

This is just a quick note with some food for thought. I like the idea of Make a Difference Monday. I think that it encourages others to think about how they could be making a difference in simple ways by noticing others around them.

However, I think maybe encouraging people to share what "they have done for others" is actually asking people to do something that God Himself wouldn't encourage. In Matthew 6:2-4 it says, "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Just a suggestion that it would be a great way to give glory to God by sharing how God has blessed us through the actions of others by sharing what has been done FOR us rather than BY us. Just a thought.

Speaking of which, I really appreciate your radio station and you have blesed me many times!

9/9/2010 6:42:43 PM
Adam United States
Adam
I started giving to the needy when I was only 4.
The first year I gave away the christmas present that was in the middle of my enjoyment scale. The joy hit my heart about a month later. I wondered what it could feel like to give away the most enjoyable one... It took me several years to acomplish it. I found the mose enjoyable one was the one that I had asked for! When I gave it away everyone asked ... ARE YOU SURE?   Many months later I finally forgot about it. That was when this huge ton of JOY hit my heart. I had to stop and find out where it came from. As I remembered the JOY melted away. Another week to forget again and that TON of JOY came back! I have continued this giving procedure as best I can. I am often rewarded by being overfilled with such a wonderful pure JOY!!!! I walk in JOY!
9/9/2010 11:53:14 PM
Timothy Sutton United States
Timothy Sutton
I am senior in high school at Parkersburg South High School in Parkersburg, WV. High school is a really tough environment to share the news of Jesus Christ to my fellow class mates and is often very intimidating. Well, my youth group just started a new teen hangout on Wednesday nights and I started off by inviting one of the popular kids to it this Wednesday. He seems really interested and hopefully this will help lead him to a personal relationship with God. This could be the first step in a huge plan for God to make his presence known in my school.
9/10/2010 5:59:05 AM
Emily United States
Emily
I am in six grade and I am starting a bible study called GNO - God's Night Out for girls my age. I invited all my friends to share the glory of God with them. I made a  music playlist for praise and worship along with study and fellowship. The study is 6 weeks and is about learning about God and growing with Him while being a tween in todays world. We start Friday...
As always God Bless <><
9/10/2010 6:01:02 PM
Savannah United States
Savannah
In pensacola Florida (where i live) we have high school football games. My little brother and i had to go to the game with my grandparents and sit with them. When we got there, the line to get in was ridiculous!we had gone the right way unlike others. there was a line full of cars that no one was letting go ahead of them. my grandfather kindley let a man pull in front of him.You pay 2 dollars to park. My grandparents got out the money and waited in our line for someone to take it. Nobody took it, so we thought we got free parking. we parked next to the gentleman who we let in. i overheard him ask my grandfather if he had to pay. my grandoa said "no did you?" the man said yes, he then explained how he payed our way as a thanks to letting him cut in front of us. i was very surprised. so was my grandfather. it suprised us and made me want to give someone that same feeling, i have not done it yet, but i plan on making a diffrence like this man did to us. Smile
9/11/2010 3:45:04 PM
Gary United States
Gary
Jordyn is 7 years old and was diagnosed with stage IV unfavorable Wilms Cancer on August 30, 2010. She loves to read, draw and play with her dolls and brothers. Jordyn is a loving and sweet girl who loves to please those she is around. She is an absolute joy. Candi Segovia, Owner of Power Tags, Titles & More is asking the community for donated items for a silent auction that will be held on October 9,2010. Candi is instramental in coordinating donations and support in the fight for Jordyn's l ife. Many local community restraunts are providing a variety of food for this event. We are obviously in prayer for Jordyn, and while wanting to make a difference in her fight for life, she however; is the one that has so touched the community and has brought numerous blessings to many. She is the cause for this small community to pull together and witness God's hand at work. I believe because of Jordyn, many will continue to be blessed and come to the knowledge of Christ's saving grace. Jordyn is the one whom has made a difference in my life and in the lives of all whom live in this small community, San Tan Valley, Arizona
9/11/2010 11:00:39 PM
Andy United States
Andy
For the last 13 years, I've helped people find missing pets by running www.missingpets.com.  I also use the website to share my testimony.
9/12/2010 5:57:54 PM
carissa United States
carissa
I do not call it make a difference monday, i call it make a diference every day. I have brought my sister to Christ these last few months, she has been struggling with alot of different every day things, and i gave her one of my books that she could read and she told me today, I want to live your way, and that just touched my heart....I listen to you guys all day every day and i sleep with this radio station on at night too. I also call this "Pay it forward" back in May My family,(me and my husband and our 6 children) had no way to way our Power bill, i prayed and prayed and prayed, and Tracy Hurst a gal that i met at a Christian Retreat, aired our story on her radio station that she does in California and a woman called in and paid our $821.00 power bill,i was totally just amazed, and i still don't know who it was, i just know that she lived in Virginia and i still pray that she may blessed times a thousand, GOD IS SO GOOD AND FAITHFUL, and i try to make a difference every day, and Klove helps me achieve this every day, thank you and God Bless You!!!