Sep 14 2010

Can you choose to be happy?

Dr. Paul Meier of the Meier Clinics is our guest today and answers that question. Yes. It is possible to choose happiness! You can learn how here: http://www.meierclinics.com/xm_client/client_documents/Happiness_is_a_Choice_9-14-2010_KLOV.pdf

Find more on the Meier Clinics here: http://www.meierclinics.com/Home

Listen to Dr. Meier here and here

9/9/2010 2:10:46 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
I used to believe that. Then, I lost my son and a few other overwhelming things happened this last year. I am in the Word and still go to church and I would love to wake up happy, but I do not. I try to be busy and do things for other, but it does not make me happy. I am now on medication that is not helping either. Thanks for the nice thought though.
9/9/2010 2:11:42 PM
kayla United States
kayla
what was the verse he said talks about it's ok to go ahead and be mad but not to hold grudges?
9/10/2010 12:43:44 AM
Jessie United States
Jessie
yes. you can choose to have the Happiness Giver in your life, and you can choose to trust him in everything!
9/10/2010 11:17:43 AM
Kay United States
Kay
I have learned that happiness is a choice and a conscious decision. If you want to be happy you have to choose to act like it and get focus off self and on Christ. We become what we focus on. I dont sing because I am happy, I am happy because I sing! If you are clinically depressed you need medicine and sometimes need to try different kinds, they dont all work for individuals. I had to try a couple of medicines before getting the right one.  My life verse is now Philippians 4:8 - try it!
9/10/2010 4:45:22 PM
Kay United States
Kay
Happiness is a decision, we become what we focus on.  If you want to be happy act happy, focus on the Holy Spirit.  I dont sing because I am happy, I am happy because I sing!  I am clinically depressed,an inherited condition.  I am doing much better now because I finally got the right medicine, sometimes you have to try a few to get the right one.  My new life verse is Philippians 4:8 - try it.  Remember nothing changes if nothing changes.
9/11/2010 3:42:36 AM
rrhoop United States
rrhoop
Happiness must be a choice because my husband has went to a job for 22+ years where things have been really bad in many respects, plus he has several medical problems (arthritis in his back, etc) and he still chooses to go into work smiling, laughing and praising God every day no matter what they try to do to him or how he feels.
9/11/2010 3:33:08 PM
Sara United States
Sara
I heard the verse about it being okay to be angry but not to hold grudges while I was driving home from work, fuming and stressing because of office politics and fear of losing my job.  It was like God had that come on just for me to hear and to remind me that He is in control, so what have I to fear.  The trick is, how do teach myself to let go of the grudge and bitterness??
9/15/2010 9:06:29 AM
Julie Ross United States
Julie Ross
I completely agree with Dr. Meier. Working in the health care industry, I learned long ago, that there are more rewarding things than money. Working for God first, serving his people, often being that person He brings into another's life, or the recipient of someone brought into our paths....that's the good life. It matters because people matter. And is a great way to happiness. Thank you so much, Dr. Meier!