Sep 15 2009

Christian Music has come so far!!

I don't know about you, but I have always loved music, and being able to listen to a station like KLOVE is awesome!  I am blown away by the music from artists like Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Casting Crowns, Tenth Ave. North, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battestelli, Crowder, Mattehew West and on and on I could go!  What amazes me is how far Christian music has come in the past 30 years!

Being that KLOVE is entirely Listener Supported it is you that is owed the thanks for a station KLOVE!  Thanks so much for making KLOVE a reality!  I am not sure what we would all be listening to, if it wasn't for your support!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Sep 14 2009

Kanye West flagged for Unsportsman like conduct!

Last night at the MTV VMA Awards Kanye West through a tantrum when Taylor Swift won for best Female Video.  He got up on stage and blasted her saying that Beyonce should have won the award.  This seems to be a patteren of behavior for Kanye, and the unfortunate thing is it's a display of poor sportmanship.  Perhaps as bad, Serena Williams had an ugly outburst at the US Open yesterday, again another poor display of sportsmanship.  As much as we would like to throw the book at Kanye, or Serena, I think we all have our moments when good sportsmanship goes out the window.

Their poor behavior was much more public than ours, but I imagine that most of us have had our "moments".  Shining our light as believers isn't always easy, if it was I suppose that there may be a lot more people who would be following Christ.  As a believer, Christ calls to a life of service and self sacrafice.  Watching someone else's failure is many times a reminder of my own failures, and I am reminded of the incredible grace that Jesus extends toward us, even at our very worst.

That is the Good News that the world needs to know about, and we have the incredible privalage of telling them about it.  Ironically enough, today's KLOVE Encouraging Word is a reminder to all of us, Matthew 5:13 says, "You are the salt of the Earth, but what good is it, if salt loses it's flavor?"  The whole world may not see our bad behavior, but there is always someone watching that God has charged us with reaching.  My prayer is that I don't fail God, and live my life for His Glory even when I think no one is watching!!!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Sep 14 2009

Hey We Have a NEW Scott and Kelli Blog!!!

Hey Guys!

Welcome to our new Scott and Kelli blog.  We will update the Scott and Kelli blog daily, and we'll share everything from random thoughts and breaks from the show... to fun pictures and videos that we think you might enjoy.  We would also love to know what you would like to see... So feel free to chime in with your thoughts!  We hope that you enjoy the blog and THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!!!

oops... You can tell it's day one on the blog... I didn't mean to put this picture of just me up :) LOL... Oh well!  Thank God for tomorrows!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (27) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
You know it's Monday when...
Sep 20 2010

You know it's Monday when...

Poor Scott started his Monday (and his week!) by stepping in his dog's "stuff" early this morning. Not once. Twice. You know it's Monday when...share your story here!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (24) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/10/2010 7:44:42 PM
Tana Lehr United States
Tana Lehr
You know it's Monday when you are eating Tootsie Rolls, and Scott calls the "doggie doo" he stepped in a TOOTSIE ROLL.  We won't be eating any more tootsie rolls today!
9/11/2010 5:53:41 AM
Denise United States
Denise
Awww. Poor Scott. Some days you're the windshield,,,,,some days you're the bug.  It could be worse...
9/11/2010 10:55:38 AM
Karen United States
Karen
I started my Monday by dropping my diamond earring down the drain!!!  They are tiny diamonds and the only diamond earrings I own but I've had them for 25 years and they have a lot of sentimental value.  I was running late so I had to leave for work.  After working both my jobs today, I get to look forward to going home, taking the drain apart and digging through the hair clogs and smelly drain gunk in hopes of finding my earring!
9/11/2010 8:58:54 PM
edgar gutierrez United States
edgar gutierrez
i liked the way you guys slipped in Undone by FFH after talking with that lady that stepped in vomit and caught the rest with her hands (Open up wide, swollow down deep) Smile
9/12/2010 2:16:59 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
Scott was just talking on air about a book he just read that really provided an amazing perspective on trials and circumstances. I think God really wants me to read that book, but I missed the name/author.  Could you tell me again what that book was?  Thanks!
9/12/2010 7:22:32 AM
Sequoia United States
Sequoia
So after my dog mess clean up at 3am (and a nap) my three kids ages 6,8, and 9 and I were leaving the grocery store. I put my mini van in reverse and looked back to see that the sliding door was yet to be closed. After a heated discussion of whose turn it was to close it, I declared my 6 year old should closed it. Begrudgingly, he unbuckled and slammed the door shut with his hand in the way. Paniced I took my foot off the brake to reach back and open the door, getting my foot back on the brake just in time to not hit the car next to me. Yeah, just another Monday.

ps when I got home there was another dog mess to clean up Frown
9/12/2010 5:37:45 PM
Kenzie United States
Kenzie
You know it's gonna be a good day when you wake up to hear Tenth Avenue North live in the K-LOVE studio, and look forward to Brandon Heath in studio this evening. Smile

Sorry to everyone who's having a bad day, hopefully tomorrow will be better!
9/12/2010 10:39:40 PM
Alf United States
Alf
Waht is the book you are talking about
9/13/2010 3:41:18 AM
ruby United States
ruby
today  at school  i was walking and sliped on mud . (isaved my self  )  then slipped on a wood chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9/13/2010 2:00:31 PM
Lorene United States
Lorene
What is the name of the book that you read, I would really like to read it.
9/13/2010 7:04:46 PM
Jenny United States
Jenny
You know it's Monday when....you see the straw from your XL Vanilla Coke from Sonic (which dear daughter surprised you with)...then look under the queen size bed to discover the EMPTY cup laying on it's side exactly UNDER the MIDDLE of the bed....so that's why my Bijon' Frise's tummy has been gurgling! Here's the kicker...we just rearranged the entire bedroom set about a week ago! WOW- how do I sop this up?
9/14/2010 12:18:03 AM
magon United States
magon
its 6:15 youve gotten all 3 kids seated and buckled..you go to start your car and it wont...NOT AT ALL...and you have to borrow your friends BIG BIG VAN to make it to work so you can keep your bonuses to feed a family of 4(single mom) ...oh man what a monday!!!
9/14/2010 10:30:02 AM
blake Zuern United States
blake Zuern
scott what was the name of the book you read
9/14/2010 8:44:16 PM
Jim Bures United States
Jim Bures
This Monday I woke up beaming after a second date with a lovely lady I just met. The weather was sunny and there was a breeze. I tried to concentrate on my studies, but I was feeling so good I had to get out. I drove to Otter River State Park and started walking a trail. The sun hit my face and I started worshiping God. I love me that sun (Son). Later, I was listening to a song and started dancing with all my might in the forest. Then I ran most of the way back the trail to my car. I felt SO good.
9/15/2010 1:58:18 AM
marshall United States
marshall
hi im 11 years old and attend and vouleenter at a rather large church (17 largest in the US last time i checked) just started middle school a neisd magnet school, have lived in a divroce since i was three, have step mom and dad as well as step syblings, travel alot with mom, both parents live in the same city,and its "tuff" let me tell you but with the lord at my side i make it through it all this helps                                        Jeremiah 29:11 (New Living Translation)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

9/15/2010 12:08:27 PM
Nichole United States
Nichole
In everyone of my classes at University today I droped my things, my calculator flew off the desk in 3 classes, my pens all died, and papers wouldn't print! It was so monday!!! But hey it was a good day for the LORD made it!! Laughing
9/15/2010 10:21:19 PM
Jensen Harper United States
Jensen Harper
HAHAHA im sorry that y'all had a bad monday but strangely enough i had a wonderful monday. This is because in one of my advanced classes, the one that haunts me in my sleep, We played a drawing activity and had great Discussion in my high schools FCA leadership Meeting Wahoooo, BRING ON TUESDAYSmile
9/16/2010 3:24:33 AM
felix United States
felix
Who cares if it's Monday. Bears beat the Cowboys!
Go Bears!
9/16/2010 1:37:48 PM
Other Matt United States
Other Matt
I know its gonna be bad day when you wake up with a headache so bad that you are dizzy and can't walk in a straight line.
That's bad. But it got better. I watched a Jimmy Cagney movie with Doris Day. Good movie. Thanks for posting!
9/17/2010 6:05:30 AM
Corry United States
Corry
The book Scott mentioned is called 'Same Kind of Different As Me.'
9/17/2010 9:10:41 PM
Jen United States
Jen
The name of the book is "Same Kind Of Different As Me"! I'm going out to buy it TODAY! Can't wait to read it! Thanks Scott!

Jen in Brewer Maine
9/18/2010 3:50:37 AM
Elise G. United States
Elise G.
I know it's Monday when I experience a plane ride with un-usually high turbulence. I have never flown to the east coast. And here I was, little old country bumpkin me on a plane with lots of turbulence. THANK GOD I BROUGHT MY BIBLE!! I was pouring over those passages that were telling me to trust in God and give everything over to him. The plane landed safely in Baltimore and I am soooo glad that ride is over!
9/19/2010 1:08:32 AM
Jess United States
Jess
You know its Monday when Scott leaves the audio on and answers the phone! : )
Scott must have had yesterday off?
9/19/2010 12:19:24 PM
Stephanie Pretty Boy United States
Stephanie Pretty Boy
You know its Monday when...you'r sleep is disturbed by an alarm clock announcing another week of school. Smile