K-LOVE Scott and Kelli Blog - The official Scott and Kelli blog for K-LOVE Radio, listen online at KLOVE.com.

Home

I Can See Clearly Now
dic 08 2011

I Can See Clearly Now

Do I look smarter? I had to get glasses... I am feeling older BUT man I can see better! It's like having HD eyes. Ironically enough Kelli is too because I see more wrinkles!

ViginiaTech updates

Please join us in prayer for the students, faculty and family.

Live Stream PRESS CONFERENCE

food for thought, EATING WELL ON A BUDGET. SESAME STREET

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Commenti (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

Commenti (14) -

08/12/2011 12:58:57
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
Scott----I think you better with glasses.  Not that you looked bad without them.  Just saying Smile
08/12/2011 12:59:18
John United States
John
Sorry, Scott, but those glasses look a lot like mine.  I do not look smarter for wearing mine and you don't either!
08/12/2011 13:03:04
angie United States
angie
They should hand out filters with those new glasses so you don't slip and offend your friends or co-workers!  My kids hate when I get new glasses they have to clean their rooms on a whole new level!!!!
08/12/2011 13:09:24
NIKKI United States
NIKKI
WOW SCOTT YOU'VE LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT! SORRY JUST LOOKED AT THE MAIN PIC WITH KELLY AND YOU LOOK GREAT! NOW YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY THROUGH THE RAIN NOT ONLY PHYSICALLY BUT SPIRITUALLY! MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!

P.S. K-LOVE IS APART OF MY DAILY ROUTINE AS SOON AS I GET TO WORK I TURN ON THE COMP. AND FIRST THING I GO TO MY FAVORITES KLOVE.COM- I DO THIS EVEN BEFORE I TURN ON THE PHONES. THANKS FOR BEING THERE WHEN I DID MY CHRISTIAN LIVE RADIO SEARCH ON GOOGLE. MAY GOD BLESS BE WITH YOU Smile
08/12/2011 13:16:54
Brian United States
Brian
The 'HD' vision is fabulous, I know, but I hope you told your wife how much more beautiful she is... (just helpin a brother out!)
08/12/2011 13:25:10
Jane United States
Jane
Scott, you look fine. Just knowing you can see as God designed you to see, should make you glow! You look cool. I am older than you and my distance vision started to just get blurry. When I got my glasses, I was so surprised how much I had been missing. Wow!  Not to bifocals yet, but still blessed to have my vision.
08/12/2011 13:28:13
Gia United States
Gia
Scott,your glasses look great on you.  Whole new guy, invisiline and glasses!!!!  I miss you 2 on my drive home.
Gia
08/12/2011 13:38:23
Lynn Robinson United States
Lynn Robinson
Hi Guys.
I have a funny glasses story too.  I first started having vision problems at 10 years old.  I was near-sighted and could not read the board in school.  I did not want glasses so for a whole year, I did not tell anyone that I could not see, including my parents.  Well a whole year went by, and when I was 11 years old, I was sitting in the car with my dad and he asked me to read the license plate on the car in front of us.  Well, I could not read it.  Then, he asked if I could see and I admitted for the whole last year that I could not see.  He was a little bit mad at me but soon after, I got glasses and used eye drops to supposedly reduce my nearsightedness. The eye drops did not do anything so I quit using those after a time.  But, when I first got the glasses, it was amazing how clear things were after living w/o them for a year.
08/12/2011 13:56:14
Maggie United States
Maggie
Scott - I like the glasses, but what's with that shirt!?
08/12/2011 15:23:01
amanda United States
amanda
your glasses look great! i just got new ones and seeing the world is worth it Smile
08/12/2011 15:44:48
Alayne Stevens United States
Alayne Stevens
Common Scott, Michigan definitly has more of a thumb than Wis. Not even a fight.
09/12/2011 09:32:45
Teresa Matthews United States
Teresa Matthews
Scott,

Several years ago my husband had the LASIK procedure, and at that time the patient had to wear special protective eye guards and not open their eyes until the next morning after the procedure.  (My hubby had worn glasses for over 30 years at this time and has a wee bit of a hypochondriac...) So, the next morning prior to his post-op visit, he tells me he thinks something has gone very wrong.  I asked him what was going on with him and he replied that he was seeing "black lines when he opened his eyes".  After a few more questions from me, I "diagnosed" him with seeing his eyelashes for the first time!  We still tell this story in our family when in need of a good ribbing for Michael, my husband!
09/12/2011 09:38:33
Teresa Matthews United States
Teresa Matthews
Scott,

I also have a story of my own - back when I was around 20, 21 years old, I had to have "tubes" put in both ears (the very same type used for small children with ear problems).  The procedure was painful, but a total success.  My little brother had taken me to my physician's office and was there to drive me home.  While we were backing out of the gravel parking lot, I became extremely alarmed and cried out to my brother, "What is that ROARING sound????".  Turns out it was just the sound of tires on gravel - something we most of us hear subconciously, but WOW - it really made me appreciate the gift of hearing!
12/12/2011 23:07:02
Allison Hogan United States
Allison Hogan
You look great, Scott!  You look more distinguished and hip with your new glasses on.
Commenti chiusi
See You at the Pole Day!
Sep 21 2010

See You at the Pole Day!

Tomorrow is See You at the Pole Day! We would love to hear about your experience. Have you gotten involved in the past? What happened? Share your story here.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/16/2010 3:53:07 PM
magon United States
magon
i was talking to my 9 yr old and 8 yr old about this ...i dnt know if they would be able to do this since they are young but my kids are going to get friends together to do this on there lunch ...i pray that they will not be stopped just because of there young age....
9/17/2010 2:19:07 AM
Jeanette United States
Jeanette
We are a home schooling family so we do not have a big event.   However we will be meeting around the flag at our house to pray for our countries leaders and those who allow us to educate at home.   We will be praying for all those who help with the education of our children.
9/17/2010 12:58:10 PM
Mitch Stone United States
Mitch Stone
Our youth ministry "Austin Chapel Youth Ministries - ACYM" has a prayer at the pole ministry weekly at our local schools every Friday before school begins.  We take just a few minutes to go to the Lord in prayer and discuss what God has laid on our hearts.  Some kids just come to see what's going on, others have prayer needs and others just want to hang out before school starts...all get exposed to prayer and what the power of prayer can do  What an opportunity in a society that continues to look for ways to turn away from the Savior that has all of the answers.  Thanks you for your ministry. See you at the pole...
9/18/2010 6:08:38 AM
mary United States
mary
I go to a christain school so naturally all 300 of us are there every year. We almost need a bigger flag pole!lol. the neat thing is that we are aloud to invite home schoolers so we have alot of people that arnt christains show up. some teachers will actually excuse you from first hour so that you can pray. i love cu at the pole there is nothing that gets my atention moor than christains gathered together praying;)
                c u at the pole
                     mary
9/18/2010 4:35:24 PM
Anna United States
Anna
Hey- so I'm a high school sr. at a public school from the milwaukee area. A ton of us are psyched for see you at the pole! It's known for being the best day on campus- seeing all the kids who prayed with you at the beginning of the day and seeing them throughout the school day. Just having that common strand of praying together as a high school community. We are defitely calling you guys at K-love tomorrow morning- bright and early at 7am! It's the greatest feeling- the feeling of God totally surrounding you in that school- He is saturating the school- you end up with a smile plastered on your face all day! WOHOOO!
9/18/2010 10:03:13 PM
Sherri Phelps United States
Sherri Phelps
I was our church's Pre-school Director a few years ago. I wanted our program to be part of SYPD. We took the American & Christian flags, bible and our children to the front of the church.  We held hands, shared and just as we started to pray together - a police car pulled up and got out to join us in prayer.  It was such a special time together.  We decided to have "Meet at the Flag Pole" once a month.  It was a great impact for our school and community.
9/20/2010 8:08:30 AM
Joel United States
Joel
At the elementary school I am subbing at today (and did my student teaching at as well) we mainly had teachers at the see you at the pole rally. It is very encouraging to be able to work with such a large group of Christian teachers in a public school. We had two students come, that even prayed while we were praying!
9/20/2010 4:11:01 PM
Donovan United States
Donovan
It's been blessed day, hearing about what has happened to all the groups in America for See you at the Pole. God is doing some great things in Indiana, especially bringing a great awakening at Bosse High School in Evansville. A great attendance today at the See you at the Pole event. I believe that God is awakening our whole school and the schools neighboring along with the other schools in the nations for bold students standing up for Christ not for show, but for real. We are thinking of meeting more than one time.
9/20/2010 9:13:05 PM
Valerie United States
Valerie
See you at the pole was at 7:00...the time I normally get up. I got up at 6:00 and met everyone at the flag pole at my highschool! This evening I get to go to the See you at the pole rally, which will be so much fun!
9/21/2010 7:15:37 AM
Cheryle United States
Cheryle
I live in a small town called Sandy In Oregon. Our youth students did this today at their Highschool!! I am so proud of all of them!! To see them stand up for Jesus in front of the whole school as the buses and other kids were coming to school just gives me chills!! GOOD CHILLS!! Praise them! For the time we are in is very hard for them and they have such courage that Jesus gives them!!! Thank you to each and everyone of them! Over 20 Students were standing up there, First it started out small and then just started to grow, one kid at a time!! Praise Jesus!!
9/21/2010 12:17:45 PM
Sophia Krug United States
Sophia Krug
I am a senior @ my public school! This was my first time ever doing this... When 3 of my friend and I showed up to our school no one was at the flagpole. I prayed for the 4 of us to be witnesses to everyone in the school and for other things and once we got done people started to show up! I was so excited. @ our flagpole we had 18 teens/adults all together! It was amazing! God is wonderful! At our school we are also trying to start a religious recreation type of thing in school! I am so blessed for all the many blessings that are taking place within our school and communitites!
9/21/2010 12:18:01 PM
Katelyn United States
Katelyn
Hey. Well i was at See you at the pole today at my school. And i was just so happy to see the amount of people that were paying attention to what we were talking about and just to see all the people that were there to pray. And i am so glad that i got to be apart of that. And i just thank God for that!! I just lifted my spirits today! Smile
9/21/2010 5:59:22 PM
Marie United States
Marie
This was a first to hear of this awesome event.  I have two boys who just started middle school and I can't tell you the joy it brought me to hear of those kids gathering for prayer. I have to say I believe GOD is moving in a way we can't even begin to imagine.  Waiting to find out how this day touched my boy's school environment.  I live in Albuquerque and I haven't heard anything on the radio about schools here in New Mexico yet. . . sure I will.  GOD IS GREAT! We're getting rain here in Albuqquerque, I honestly believe GOD is pouring tears of joy for HIS children who are doing HIS work, well done.

ISAIAH 66:18  FOR I KNOW THEIR WORKS AND THEIR THOUGHTS.  AND THE TIME IS COMING WHEN I WILL GATHER ALL NATIONS AND TONGUES, AND TEHY WILL COME AND SEE MY GLORY.
10/4/2010 5:40:37 AM
Смесители Grohe United States
Смесители Grohe
Great website...and cool article man...thanx for the great post...keep on posting such articles... Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.