Sep 21 2010

See You at the Pole Day!

Tomorrow is See You at the Pole Day! We would love to hear about your experience. Have you gotten involved in the past? What happened? Share your story here.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/16/2010 3:53:07 PM
magon United States
magon
i was talking to my 9 yr old and 8 yr old about this ...i dnt know if they would be able to do this since they are young but my kids are going to get friends together to do this on there lunch ...i pray that they will not be stopped just because of there young age....
9/17/2010 2:19:07 AM
Jeanette United States
Jeanette
We are a home schooling family so we do not have a big event.   However we will be meeting around the flag at our house to pray for our countries leaders and those who allow us to educate at home.   We will be praying for all those who help with the education of our children.
9/17/2010 12:58:10 PM
Mitch Stone United States
Mitch Stone
Our youth ministry "Austin Chapel Youth Ministries - ACYM" has a prayer at the pole ministry weekly at our local schools every Friday before school begins.  We take just a few minutes to go to the Lord in prayer and discuss what God has laid on our hearts.  Some kids just come to see what's going on, others have prayer needs and others just want to hang out before school starts...all get exposed to prayer and what the power of prayer can do  What an opportunity in a society that continues to look for ways to turn away from the Savior that has all of the answers.  Thanks you for your ministry. See you at the pole...
9/18/2010 6:08:38 AM
mary United States
mary
I go to a christain school so naturally all 300 of us are there every year. We almost need a bigger flag pole!lol. the neat thing is that we are aloud to invite home schoolers so we have alot of people that arnt christains show up. some teachers will actually excuse you from first hour so that you can pray. i love cu at the pole there is nothing that gets my atention moor than christains gathered together praying;)
                c u at the pole
                     mary
9/18/2010 4:35:24 PM
Anna United States
Anna
Hey- so I'm a high school sr. at a public school from the milwaukee area. A ton of us are psyched for see you at the pole! It's known for being the best day on campus- seeing all the kids who prayed with you at the beginning of the day and seeing them throughout the school day. Just having that common strand of praying together as a high school community. We are defitely calling you guys at K-love tomorrow morning- bright and early at 7am! It's the greatest feeling- the feeling of God totally surrounding you in that school- He is saturating the school- you end up with a smile plastered on your face all day! WOHOOO!
9/18/2010 10:03:13 PM
Sherri Phelps United States
Sherri Phelps
I was our church's Pre-school Director a few years ago. I wanted our program to be part of SYPD. We took the American & Christian flags, bible and our children to the front of the church.  We held hands, shared and just as we started to pray together - a police car pulled up and got out to join us in prayer.  It was such a special time together.  We decided to have "Meet at the Flag Pole" once a month.  It was a great impact for our school and community.
9/20/2010 8:08:30 AM
Joel United States
Joel
At the elementary school I am subbing at today (and did my student teaching at as well) we mainly had teachers at the see you at the pole rally. It is very encouraging to be able to work with such a large group of Christian teachers in a public school. We had two students come, that even prayed while we were praying!
9/20/2010 4:11:01 PM
Donovan United States
Donovan
It's been blessed day, hearing about what has happened to all the groups in America for See you at the Pole. God is doing some great things in Indiana, especially bringing a great awakening at Bosse High School in Evansville. A great attendance today at the See you at the Pole event. I believe that God is awakening our whole school and the schools neighboring along with the other schools in the nations for bold students standing up for Christ not for show, but for real. We are thinking of meeting more than one time.
9/20/2010 9:13:05 PM
Valerie United States
Valerie
See you at the pole was at 7:00...the time I normally get up. I got up at 6:00 and met everyone at the flag pole at my highschool! This evening I get to go to the See you at the pole rally, which will be so much fun!
9/21/2010 7:15:37 AM
Cheryle United States
Cheryle
I live in a small town called Sandy In Oregon. Our youth students did this today at their Highschool!! I am so proud of all of them!! To see them stand up for Jesus in front of the whole school as the buses and other kids were coming to school just gives me chills!! GOOD CHILLS!! Praise them! For the time we are in is very hard for them and they have such courage that Jesus gives them!!! Thank you to each and everyone of them! Over 20 Students were standing up there, First it started out small and then just started to grow, one kid at a time!! Praise Jesus!!
9/21/2010 12:17:45 PM
Sophia Krug United States
Sophia Krug
I am a senior @ my public school! This was my first time ever doing this... When 3 of my friend and I showed up to our school no one was at the flagpole. I prayed for the 4 of us to be witnesses to everyone in the school and for other things and once we got done people started to show up! I was so excited. @ our flagpole we had 18 teens/adults all together! It was amazing! God is wonderful! At our school we are also trying to start a religious recreation type of thing in school! I am so blessed for all the many blessings that are taking place within our school and communitites!
9/21/2010 12:18:01 PM
Katelyn United States
Katelyn
Hey. Well i was at See you at the pole today at my school. And i was just so happy to see the amount of people that were paying attention to what we were talking about and just to see all the people that were there to pray. And i am so glad that i got to be apart of that. And i just thank God for that!! I just lifted my spirits today! Smile
9/21/2010 5:59:22 PM
Marie United States
Marie
This was a first to hear of this awesome event.  I have two boys who just started middle school and I can't tell you the joy it brought me to hear of those kids gathering for prayer. I have to say I believe GOD is moving in a way we can't even begin to imagine.  Waiting to find out how this day touched my boy's school environment.  I live in Albuquerque and I haven't heard anything on the radio about schools here in New Mexico yet. . . sure I will.  GOD IS GREAT! We're getting rain here in Albuqquerque, I honestly believe GOD is pouring tears of joy for HIS children who are doing HIS work, well done.

ISAIAH 66:18  FOR I KNOW THEIR WORKS AND THEIR THOUGHTS.  AND THE TIME IS COMING WHEN I WILL GATHER ALL NATIONS AND TONGUES, AND TEHY WILL COME AND SEE MY GLORY.
10/4/2010 5:40:37 AM
Смесители Grohe United States
Смесители Grohe
Great website...and cool article man...thanx for the great post...keep on posting such articles... Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.