Sep 23 2010

What toys do your kids want this Christmas?

Here's the list of toys that are predicted to be top sellers this Christmas: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HOLIDAY_TOYS_CUTE_OVERLOAD_GLANCE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-09-21-11-10-06.

Got any that you think should be on the list? Share your ideas here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/21/2010 10:19:37 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
Do you ever wonder that since Toys R Us sells toys they tell you what the most popular toys are so you will buy from the list they want you to buy most not what kids most likely want. Then they become the best sellers because everyone bought at least one thing from the list. Then Toys R Us becomes known for picking the most popular toys. I mean with ADS and these list they basically tell kids what they want and parents what they should buy.
9/22/2010 8:29:46 AM
Suzanne - Sacramento, Ca. United States
Suzanne - Sacramento, Ca.
I think the Sing-a-ma-jigs are too strange looking to become popular and I actually think The Calico Critters are a remake or never went a way because I remember them from when I was a little girl.
Thankfully I don't think I have to worry too much about christmas yet, my Daughter who's 3 doesn't understand too much about gifts, at her last birthday, before opening each gift she asked me "Is this for me?" so I'm sure she'd be happy with anything.
9/22/2010 1:34:19 PM
Heather United States
Heather
I'm not a parent, but I am a family therapist.  While I can appreciate the desire of adults to give and kids to get the coolest new toys, I often encourage parents who want to find a good toy for their child to actually PLAY with their child.  Too often adults forget that the point of toys is not to entertain your kids or to keep them out of your hair (although they can do that!), but play is a kid's job.  Play helps them to learn and process through what is going on in their lives.  If a toy doesn't help them learn a skill, practice something, or help them to learn a new role or imagine something, it probably won't be played with, and probably won't benefit your child.  Play with your child to see what stage he is in, what he is playing, what he is learning through play, and buy toys accordingly.  Go ahead and get the cool new toy as well- but know that if it doesn't do what a toy should do, it will sit on the shelf once the novelty wears off.
9/22/2010 6:35:32 PM
Suzanne - Sacramento, Ca. United States
Suzanne - Sacramento, Ca.
Honestly I think the Sing-a-ma-jigs are too strange looking to become popular and I think Calico critters are a remake from when I was a little girl or they just never went away.
Thankfully I don't think I have to worry too much yet about christmas gifts this year. My Daughter is 3 and at her last birthday, before opening each gift, she'd ask me "Is this for me?" So I think whatever she got she'd be happy!

It's always great to listen to you guys!
9/23/2010 1:56:31 AM
Shayla and baily Austria
Shayla and baily
all i want for christmas is my two front teeth we are 7 years old and my mommy (I LUV YOU!) Says we lisen to you peeeps all the time.

and WE LUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO VERY VERY VERY MUCHH THANK U FER YOUR TIME
9/23/2010 7:07:09 AM
Hailey and Farren United States
Hailey and Farren
What we want fer Christmas is...
A BRAND NEW MP3 PLAYER
The NEW iPod Touch
A guitar
Dairy Queen Blizzard Maker + more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/4/2010 7:11:26 AM
Dave Turkey
Dave
Nice site to visit! I admire your writing and the way you explain things. Some of the comments on here too are insightful. I appreciate you. keep it up!
11/1/2010 5:42:31 PM
sue United States
sue
Our son wants a Mac..but I heard of a lil girl who informed her Mom she wants a balcony and spiral staircase!! If you are going to dream dream BIG!!