Jul 24 2012

Adorable!

10-month-old girl with Down syndrome is the face of new swimwear ad campaign from designer Dolores Cortes. NY Daily

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Jul 24 2012

Sidewalk Concert in Colorado

Love seeing Sidewalk Prophets sign a pink drum set.

Jul 24 2012

Knock, Knock, It's the Police

Ever had one of those moments when you say, "Never saw this coming?" Had one just yesterday when the police showed up. Here is why...

How Has God Carried You???
Sep 30 2010

How Has God Carried You???

Steven Curtis Chapman's Wife, Mary Beth, was just named one of Nashville's 25 Most Beautiful People because of how she has encouraged people going through tough times...

One of the quotes from the book says it all... "Love of God is pure when joy and suffering inspire an equal degree of gratitude." It is amazing how YOUR story can encourage someone else

What storms in life has God carried you through???

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (40) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/30/2010 2:20:28 PM
Chrissy United States
Chrissy
I feel as if we are riding the storm right now. The interesting thing about this is I went to a women's day event and the Lord used it to open my heart and I asked Him to help me know Him more whatever it takes. It was only five days later that it felt as if the rug was pulled out under us. My first thought was to panick, but then I realized I prayed whatever it took and God was waiting to see if I would turn to Him and trust that He would take care of us. I am holding fast at praising Him for these hard times. It is hard but I know He always carries us through. I know I am blessed.
9/30/2010 2:22:25 PM
Jill F. United States
Jill F.
About 2 years ago, my husband and I found out our first child would be born with a birth defect.  We lived behind a church and started going fairly soon after we found out.  Through the rest of my pregnancy and the 10 months my son spent in the hospital, my husband and I became connected in the church and started really trusting that God had our little Alex's life in his hands.  Before and after every surgery (he had 6 major, including open heart, head, and several surgeries in his abdomen), we prayed.

We were able to lean on our church family when he died 2 days after his final surgery.  That was a year ago and we thank God that we had 10 months with him, when by all rights, we shouldn't have even had 1 day.

God is good...even when we don't understand his reasons.  Even though only a small amount of people actually met Alex, he touched so many lives and we are able to proclaim God's glory through his story.
9/30/2010 2:23:55 PM
Vincen Lidde United States
Vincen Lidde
In Dec 31, 2007 I went snowboarding and broke my back going off a 15 ft jump. Yet most people thought I would be down about the situation, I actually had the opposite feeling and was up beat wanting to get back to life. I was injured very badly with 4 broken ribs, Broken T5 Vertabrate and broke the plate in my chest. I was paralized instanly from the fall. I was told by doctors that I had 10% chance of ever walking, feeling or being able to do much with my lower body. I have since pushed through and Manage to fully feel my legs, I can also move my left leg pretty well. Not only that the whole time in Rehab and to doctors I said I Could walk and they didnt know me. That I have a great person watching over me and that was God. Since then I have proven a long road of recovery now walking with a walker and striving to walk using just forearm crutch. Maybe eventually be able to walk with nothing again. Life was turned upside down for me in one day and I coming up to 3 years since that day and doing well working, have my own place, just enjoying my life. Nothing is easy and always something new I have to learn how to do but I listen to K-Love Daily in my car and on Itunes at home. Not letting life and my situation get me down for what has happened because you never be tested in something your not strong enough to over come in life. Many friends said it should of been them that this happened to because I was doing so well as a Christian youth leader and Maintenance person at my church in Arvada, Co. I always tell them God has bigger plans for me and they would have not had the strength like me to over come this accident and work through life again...

I always thank God for what has happened and I keep working to become fully healed.

God Bless,

Vincen Liddle
9/30/2010 2:25:20 PM
Lori Tapparo United States
Lori Tapparo
Scott and Kelli,
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 16 years through various infertility treatments and even adoption. We because of another situation God provided became involved in Foster/Adopt program purely want to adopt and not foster. We have been in the program almost a year now and finally when we were really considering that maybe God was just saying “No” you are not supposed to have children, the agency called and said they had a 5 day old baby girl and the chances were really positive we would get to adopt her. We brought her home on Monday and we absolutely fell in love with her. It was amazing the love we developed just in a short time.  Then they called on tues night and said it had all been a big misunderstanding and they picked her up wed afternoon. We were absolutely devastated. I just couldn’t understand how this God would allow us to go through this again. Then God gave me such joy in being a mom for 2 days that it completely out weighted the hurt. He was so faithful to heal my hurt. As I was praying and just crying my heart out, God showed me an image of when that little baby was crying and we picked her up and patted her back and just looked at her and told her how much we loved her, He showed me that at that moment He was doing the same to me. HE IS SO AMAZING AND COMPASIONATE!!!
9/30/2010 2:26:14 PM
Becky United States
Becky
A little over 18 months ago (right before Christmas of '08) my then 18 month old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, 2 months later(February) I spent a week in the hospital with a blood clot in my lungs, then a month later (March) my 29 yr. old husband had a heart episode upon completeing a marathon, we were told it was a heart attack and then told that it wasn't.  Right now I am going through a trial in my marriage that I would never have imagined, but by God's grace I am able to say like Mike's Chair "Let the waters rise if You want them too, I will follow You" and as another song says "bring on the rain if that's what it takes to praise you"
9/30/2010 2:29:08 PM
Anne United States
Anne
God has carried me through a huge storm recently. My 24 year old daughter came home and shared with me that she was going to move to Chicago. I prayed and fasted - I begged God to show me that this was what He wanted for her. I closed my mouth and openned my heart. When God finally spoke to me in my prayer closet. He showed me was that he has my family completely covered. He knows my daughter better than me and loves her.  God knows her end from her beginning and He would provide for her and protect her. He would provide me the strength to let go. God showed me that He is more than able.  I let her go - God has provided her a place to live and she starts her new job on Monday. She struggled here with finding a job for the last two years. She now asks for prayer and calls me every day. I know that in the midsts of letting go - God has a plan and it is better than any plan we have. In the eye of the Storm there is a peace that surrounds our family and we remember to thank God everyday.
9/30/2010 2:30:07 PM
Sara McManus United States
Sara McManus
Nine years ago I lost my 19 year old son in an auto accident. God totally carried me through this time of my life. Jesus came to me the morning that I received my news,I knew before I reached the hospital that he was already gone.Jesus was with me and is sill with me as I go through everyday.I prayed everyday for Jesus to give me the peace that Jerry was with him and he did in His time. I had to be patient,but Jesus came to me two years later and revealed to me that my son was with Him. I thank God everyday that he was with Jerry and took care of him because I was not there when he passed away, but God was.
9/30/2010 2:30:19 PM
Linda Linville United States
Linda Linville
My Lord Jesus has carried me thru 18 years of living with an alcoholic husband, a rough divorce 10 years ago and the loss of my 19 year old daughter 5 years ago.  Both times He lead me to a Scripture that carried me thru.  When I got divorced He showed me Philippians 4:13, when my daughter was killed He showed me Isaiah 57:1-2.  If not for Him I would not be here right now. I wanted nothing more than to be with my daughter in heaven but thru His love and the people He surrounded me with, I am here and can say that even tho I may have dark times, His light shines thru.  Trust in Him.
9/30/2010 2:30:30 PM
Shelley United States
Shelley
God has carried me through the death of my son on July 3, 2009.  Tyler Dale was 15 1/2 and had his motorcycle permit 25 days when he wad hit head on by a pickup. I know that even in that tragedy there were blessings. I still don't know why God needed my baby boy more than I, but I know his plan is perfect. I walk everyday knowing that God is using me to help others through this. No matter what my circumstance, I WILL praise Him!
9/30/2010 2:30:35 PM
Carolyn United States
Carolyn
This past summer my husband suffered a mental breakdown brought on by depression and lack of sleep.  He became distructive and dilusional.

The Lord faithfully protected our children and me from physical harm, and provided for us when things finally hit a boiling point.

HE continues to work in my husband's life as he recovers.  Jesus continues to keep bitterness and anger from my heart and constantly blesses me as I heal from the mental wounds my husbands actions caused.

God provided for us financially through our church and family and continues to provide the encouragement I need through His word and His people.
9/30/2010 2:32:49 PM
Irana Bencich United States
Irana Bencich
My mother has been mentally ill my whole life.  She was finally diagnosed with Munchhausen's.  It was tough growing up with her.  I've been angry at her most of my life.  I finally saw a therapist.  It helped, but I don't think I'm done yet.  Now she is dying of COPD and I volunteer my time to care for her.  She is on Hospice, but there isn't enough people to care for her around the clock.  God has been with me through this time.  I know I can go to Him any time I'm down. I am also a recovering alcoholic with 11 years sobriety and I know God was there with me when I was out there driving drunk and when I was hugging the toilet.  Thank you God for always being there for me.
9/30/2010 2:40:53 PM
Andrew United States
Andrew
When I was 16, My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. The kind of cancer she had spread so fast that it went to her brain. She ended up with 8 brain tumors. The doctors were able to eliminate all of the brain tumors except for 3, those were the biggest. She went through chemotherapy and radiation for about 3 years. One of the tumors made it so that she could only see out of one eye. The other was closed. The day she died, with all of her family around she was able to open both eyes and with all the strength she had, she was able to smile before she took her last breath. She talked constantly throughout the whole trial that God was with her in her room. I know that on the day she passed that He was there then too. I thank God that my mom is not suffering anymore, and that He brought me through this tough storm at such a young age. I was also able to write my mom a song, that she was able to hear the last sunday she had the strength to go to church. I know that without God with me and my family, I wouldn't be the person I am today.
9/30/2010 2:44:12 PM
Batbara United States
Batbara
One day, I was complaining before the Lord that what He had given like putting salt in the wound.  (a trusted friend had betrayed me).  He simply replied, "salt is a purifier."  I can't say at first I was terribly impressed with that answer.  But if you look at Malachi 3:3 Like a refiner of silver he will sit and CLOSELY WATCH as the dross is burned away.  He will purify tthe Levites, the ministers of God, refining them like gold or silver, so that they will do THEIR work for God with pure hearts.  TLB
9/30/2010 2:52:54 PM
Kasie United States
Kasie
i am a senior in high school this year. my dad was a homicide detective and worked part time jobs as a under 21 cop (finding underaged drinkers) and the summer between my freshman and sophmore year he was hurt.  he found an 18 year old who had discovered he had been caught, decided he would get in his stolen car and run.  my dad was walking behind the car approaching the car, when the young man hit my dad on purpose.  my dad flew 8 feet up in the air and landed on his head. he has suffered from head trauma, memory loss, and equalibrium problems but is still alive.  the only thing i remember hearing from the doctors was that my dad would not make it.  i had no hope in anyone at that point and couldnt make up my mind whether or not to be mad at God.  i quickly learned that He was the only one who could help me.  i learned to be submissive to what God had for my life and my daddys life. my dad is now working for the sheriffs department and is completely healed except some memory loss. Praise God! when you trust HIm and let Him work in your life, you see the hand of God work.
9/30/2010 3:00:24 PM
Katrina Joy United States
Katrina Joy
This has been a rough year for our family. My mom's oldest sister passed away from complications of breast cancer on January, after 5 years of remission. My grandmother had a stroke the same month and had a recent one on May and has not been responding well to treatments. My mom and another aunt have been diagnosed with breast cancer last March, had surgeries, radiation, and chemotherapy done the past months. My mom's older sister has fractured a femur while working last June and is undergoing physical therapy to walk again. And my dad has been going through legal problems for work decisions he made years ago, individuals are trying to get back at him despite retirement.

The unpleasant list can go on and on, but by the grace of God our family can still honestly praise God for each day that He has given us. He has always been faithful to our family, keeping His promise of never leaving or forsaking us. We cling to His promise that He sent His Son Jesus to give us life that is abundant, that His plans are to prosper and not harm us. And that nothing, in life or in death and anything and everything else in between, can separate us from His love. And He is merciful to send us people who can minister to us and bless us. Often times, I have felt like giving up, and it was relief to honestly say to God, "I'm at the end of my rope, please help me", and He did, and I know that He will always be a refuge in times of trouble because He cares for those who trust in Him. Good and bad, God has seen us through, molding us and comforting us in ways that only He could do.

One of the ways He has helped me has been through KLOVE, through the DJs and the songs everyday as I drive to school and back home. Your radio station has been the background music to my life, as I pray each day as I go to nursing school and to the hospital. Your being a blessing to me has allowed me to be a blessing to the people I meet. I thank God for you.
9/30/2010 3:06:06 PM
Alyssia United States
Alyssia
In Demember of 2009, my hasband and I got married. It was a great day! Nine days later, he woke up having seizures. He was rushed to the hospital and that's where the doctors found a "mass" on his brain. After a CAT scan, EEG and a week later, they still couldn't dtermine what the "mass" was, but they did know that his health was getting worse. After one week of being in the hospital, they could tell me that my husband had Viral Encephalitis (a virus that caused swelling of the brain). The neurologist presented me with 2 options: 1. do surgery to relieve the swelling. BUT if he survived (which it was a 99% chance he wouldn't) then he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life and 2. to pull life support off and let nature take its course. Here I was a newly wed having to make such a huge decision! I thought I was going to live happily ever after and have his children, did I mention I'm only 23? I was so sad, mad, scared, etc. After lots of prayer, I decided to take him off the life support. On my way to let his nurse know, I got a phone call from his nurse telling me he was responding to simple commands (which he couldn't do before since he was in a comma like state). 10 months later, he completed his rehab, is back to work and enjoying all his hobbies he did before he got sick. He is a true walking miracle! God was working in my life big time during that in life. It made me appreciate life and love a whole lot more and have a deeper understanding in what it means. Not only with my husband and family but with my Father in Heaven. I look at the small things now and see the beauty in it. My husband told me that while he was "sleeping" in all of this he had a converstation with Jesus. He said that Jesus took him in a field with boxes (he thinks they were coffins) and shook with his finger like saying "no" and said, "This is not your time" and then left him with a Bible verse of Mark 10:14-15  "He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it" I know God wants us to spread this passage around and let those who don't believe know, that He does love them. It is our passion and goal to reach as many people as we can to share the love of God.
9/30/2010 3:10:10 PM
Dorothy United States
Dorothy
God carried me through our son's disabilty of Muscular Dystrophy and his passing at the age of 14. Oct 11 will be 2 yrs.  Every day I would find strength in Philp 4:13 " I can do all things through God who strengthens me" . God blessed me with our son everyday of his live.  There were good days and bad day like with any child, but God gave me the strength to trust in Him and to know that Austin was here to do His work.  When Austin knew the time was coming near for him to pass away, he shared Jesus weather he was speaking or being himself.  Austin asked that when the time came for him to go to heaven he wanted us to make a birthday cake every year to celebrate his birthday into heaven and being perfect.  We know God blessed us by having Austin to share that wish with us, because it has helped to turn that very sad day into a day of celebration of where Austin is today.  As the time comes near for me to make another cake, it bring joy to my heart knowing Austin is with Jesus and in no more pain. I will always miss him and thanks to God my heart is full knowing my son is home with Jesus and perfect.
9/30/2010 3:10:40 PM
Jeanette United States
Jeanette
God has carried me through and currently is carrying me through an incredibly hard time with my husband.  We've been married for ten years and we've been through some tough stuff, but this by far has been the hardest.  He has been walking with Jesus for a long time and is one of the most Spirit filled men I have ever known.  In fact he was a key player in me coming to know the Lord.  But right now he has fallen away from that deep relationship due to several circumstances, but the hard part is that he doesn't even see it.  He is in bondage that is hidden by the enemies deception...and I got angry. I would hear Sanctus Real's song Lead Me (totally fabulous song!) and I would get so mad because my husband isn't doing that.  The entirety of the household responsibility, decision making and leading our kids fell entirely on me and has for  most of our 10 years. And it's magnified by the fact that he can come across very mean in his insecurities, so I never was enough for him.  My anger gave way to bitterness and eventually my heart became hard.  I threw a "temper tantrum" in my actions & basically said "If he doesn't have to then why should I??" that lasted for 4 months.  I was miserable, broken, depressed, and worst of all my kids were paying the price. I was ready to check out...I was considering leaving him.  But God was so faithful at every turn!  He used the people in my life to give me some tough love, He led me to a class with an amazing group of women to build me up every day.  He used a  the movie scene, "Engage, Maverick" from Top Gun, and more importantly He spoke directly to me through worship when I didn't have what it took to open my Bible.  Tenth Ave. North's new album was instrumental in keeping me going.  Little by little I began to make a change.  I took off my mask that I had been hiding behind and made a declaration that I would be a authentic woman of God, no more hiding. That allowed God in to begin to work.  I got back into the Word. i realized that my self pity kept me from my Jesus so I took my eyes off myself and put them back on him.  And with fear and trembling this fighter pilot engaged...because now I see that I am in the battle of my life, the battle for my husband and for my family.  1 Sam. 10:1-9 talks about Saul's anointing as King. Verse 1 says he was  "Is is not because the Lord has anointed you as commander over His inheritance?" He was chosen to deliver God's people from the hands of their enemies.  Well, like Saul, I have been anointed as commander of God's inheritance, because that's how God sees my husband. And I too will help deliver him from the bondage of the enemy. Then verse 6 says that the  Spirit of the Lord will be given to him and he would be turned into another man.  See the anointing came first then Saul's heart was changed just by engaging what God had spoken. Every encouter with God is life changing!  Verse 9 says " God gave him a new heart". My circumstances haven't changed..yet. But I've been given a new heart and therein lies the victory!  This fighter pilot has engaged and I am standing in the gap and battling for my husband's freedom. I am angry still, but now I am angry at the enemy, not my husband.  My heart isn't bitter and I am free to receive and give pure love, the love of Jesus.  Ans because I know the victory is already won because of Christ's blood that was shed, I do it with a song of praise on my lips and abundant joy in my heart.  THE CROSS IS ENOUGH.
That's how God has carried me and is carrying me.
9/30/2010 3:11:24 PM
Jan Williams United States
Jan Williams
On September 30, 2009, our son, Matthew, was killed while riding his motorcycle near his home in Phoenix, AZ.  The only way we have been able to withstand this year is knowing that even though he was far away from God when he died, he was saved, and we believe that God took him home to free him from his demons of addiction.  People have asked us throughout this year how we can go on, and we say that it's God who has carried us through, and we have the peace of knowing that we'll see him again. The neat thing about all of this is when the autoposy report came to us, he was clean. There were no drugs or alcohol in his system. God cleaned him up before he took him home. Our God is awesome. We miss him, but we know where he is, and that's our consolation.
9/30/2010 3:12:24 PM
Kasie United States
Kasie
my dad was a detective and worked a project called under 21, finding underage drinkers. i am a senior in high school now, and this happpened the summer between my freshman and sophmore year.  he found an 18 year old, and was walking to arrest him, however the young man hopped in his stolen car and tried to run, in the process hitting my dad.  my dad flew 8 feet in the air and landed on his head.  that whole time doctors told us that my dad would not make it. he suffered from severe head trauma, extreme blood loss, memory loss, and equalibrium problems. thats was heart breaking news, he is like my best friend... i had to make my mind up to either be mad at God or confide in Him and let Him take care of my dad... noone else could help Him.  i  prayed ALOT that year, and my dad came through. Smile praise be to God. the only thing that my dad still suffers from is slight memory loss. he is now working for the sheriffs office and this story is an amazing part of my life that i love to share, because God helps those who trust and ask Him.  the only place i had to turn at that time was God, and i have grown by trusting in HIm. THank you klove for all ya'll and letting God use you.

Psalm 91:2

God bless you,
kasie
9/30/2010 3:18:28 PM
Barbara United States
Barbara
In 1989,21 years ago my 14 yr old son,Jamey died at Duke Hospital,in Durham,NC. After a 4th surgery he got an infection. In the Chapel inside the hospital my husband(Jamey's step-dad)and I walked up to an open Bible. It was opened to Psalm 27. I know the Lord spoke to me that day through His word and I have clung to that Psalm ever since! My life changed forever through the illness and death of my son. The Lord is Mighty. He never leaves us or forsakes us. His mercies are new every morning. He gives Grace freely everyday. I am alive and well only by the Grace of God! I will always miss Jamey but I have the hope,peace, and comfort that only Christ can give. That is what gets me through. Blessings to the Chapman family. Thanks to Mary Beth for writing your story.
9/30/2010 3:20:34 PM
sue United States
sue
Oct 3 marks a day we will never forget the first time we heard the word leukemia..our lil 3 1/2 y/o oldest big boy only to hear again leukemia again 4 years later then 5 year later brain tumor..9 years total ... only Jesus could keep our family together and today great Matthew is safe with Jesus and today Klove is still playing Testify to Love by Avalon Matthew's anthem. Jesus  brought us through the storm and we miss M so much but we know where he is no doubt he is extremely busy as he was here... greeting new comers to heaven Could not have made it through w/o HIM!!
9/30/2010 3:33:03 PM
magon United States
magon
somtimes i feel like God is carrying me constantly..not that i mind....im a single mother of 3 kids...and somtimes it gets super hard...but i know that God would never leave me...if hes not carrying me hes helping me walk through tough times by holding my hand or covering me with his mighty arms...shielding me and my kids...dont get me wrong its not a box of roses...but with God i can have roses if he wants!!
9/30/2010 5:34:06 PM
Suzanne D. United States
Suzanne D.
Our dear Lord has carried me through many storms in my life, but one of the most significant was when I was prgnant with our first child after 7 years of trying and finally giving up. Things were going well, then at 25 weeks, I started having problems and went to the doctor, he admitted me immediately and said i will be having the baby any day. So we all struggled to keep the baby from coming as long as possible but he was born at 14 weeks premature, at 2lbs, 2oz 14 1/2 inches long. We had a roller coaster summer, he was on a ventilater for a month, and we couldnt hold him for a week after he was born. He lost weight and had good and bad days. At one point he had a heart murmer and kidney infection, and the dr gave him some medicine, that could give him permanent hearing damage or permanent kidney damage. He made it through and is now a healthy 21 yr old. 5 years later after several miscarriages, I had a very high risk pregnancy but carried our daughter to term.Even through the difficulties that some parents go through with their children, we look at ours as the most amazing gift from God. I really thought I was being punished by God for my sins,by not being able to have kids. And then he blessed us twice!!He carried me through those storms completely!!!
9/30/2010 5:38:19 PM
Steven O. Slaughter United States
Steven O. Slaughter
God is so good.  He has been by my side every day since I was born you see I have C/P  My mother has told me that I am a product of prayer.  I am almost 51 and I have been a children's minister, a pastor and now a hospuce Chaplain.  Whats next only God knows.
Thank you Scott and Kelli for what you do.
9/30/2010 5:43:53 PM
Amy Peterson United States
Amy Peterson
As I continue to walk through the valley of death... God is my strength.
He is currently carrying me as I am too weak to continue on my own.
He sends the rain and the sun at just the right moments.
Sometimes He carries me through music - like when I tune into K-Love and the 'right song'  'just happens' to be playing when I need to hear it most...
Sometimes He carries me by allowing me to minister to another person in need of support - even though I am serving another - I usually benefit far more than the person I am ministering to… since the Truth that I speak to them is actually ministering to my broken heart as well...
Sometimes He carries me by simply holding me in the Palm of His hand and allowing me to weep and grieve when it is really needed...

On July 13, 2009, my happy and energetic 11 year old son, Andrew, went outside to play with a few friends and never returned home. His step father found his motionless body a block away from home in the field across the street from his friends house - kneeling - with the loop of a rope swing around his neck. HE WAS LAST SEEN ALIVE WITH A girl BULLY that had bullied him for at least a year.   (I taught him that violence is never the answer - and that it was never acceptable to hit a girl… so he never fought back like the police officer and other adults advised.)

The neighbor that started CPR, paramedics, firefighters, and doctors did all they could to try to revive Andrew's body. However, it was too late - he was already in Heaven.

The empty field that Andrew's body was found in has been zoned as a city park for over 30 years.  Please lift us up in prayer as we try to transform the dreary field into a magnificent playground and picnic area called Andrew's Adventureland Memorial Playground for our community.
Andrew's facebook page: www.facebook.com/AndrewsAdventureland

I am believing in a miracle to help keep this project moving forward. We are working towards starting a bully prevention program and meet you at the flag group at the middle school that Andrew would have attended.

~~  Blessings!  Amy in Toledo, Ohio
9/30/2010 5:50:41 PM
Christine United States
Christine
So, I'm sitting here working on a project due for my graduate program of study, listening to K-love.  Earlier I half heard the beautiful and profound quote by Mary Beth Chapman.  Several minutes ago I felt a giggle rising in my spirit and listened as I was reminded me that I prayed for faith so strong and so certain that I, like Paul would learn the secret of being content and worshipful no matter what the circumstance.  The giggle was my "Oh yes, I doooo remember that prayer Father" and my "it is well and I get that this, one of the most difficult yet blessed years of my life is purifying and growing my love and faith and worship and gratitude. "Love of God is pure when joy and suffering inspire an equal degree of graditude." May it be so and evident in my life and in we, the Body of Christ.
Thanks
9/30/2010 6:08:53 PM
Taylor United States
Taylor
About two and a halph years ago i had surgery on my right collar bone because I had infection in my collar bone and about 6 months ago it came back and last week i had to have surgery on my collar bone again and they took the infection out and God carried me through the surgery and the pain before i had the surgery and i went to the doctor yesterday and he said everthing looked really good and that i should be good to go so now i just have to wait and go back for blood work and make sure my blood levels are back down where they are supposed to be but i know that they will be because God is on my side.
9/30/2010 6:27:27 PM
Nadine United States
Nadine
I went through a very hard break up and was not handling it very well.  I was crying out to the Lord, and I told Him that I felt "wounded", "abandoned", "rejected", and "betrayed".

Immediately, the Lord spoke into my heart and He said:  "I was wounded, I was abandoned, I was rejected and I was betrayed."!!!  He changed me that night!!  That is why He can relate to all of our sufferings, because He felt the same feelings we feel or will feel.

The Lord gave me the smallest glimpse in what He went through ... and in the Garden of Gethsemane, all that were there was The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit ... which is what we will fact when we die.
9/30/2010 6:57:33 PM
Sonia United States
Sonia
almost 7 years ago, my husband was in a car accident and ended up in a coma for one week and in the hospital for one month. The resulting head injury has been a constant struggle. before the head injury, he worked 2 jobs while I stayed home with the kids. Our family could have ended up on the street. When everything was turned upside down, it was like God getting me to refocus on HIM. GOD gave me the opportunity to get back into school and finish my degree so I could support our family. GOD also gave me state health insurance so that I could go to the doctor (which I had not been able to do because we could not afford it) where the doctors were able to find out I had pre-cancerous cells in my cervix and needed to have a hysterectomy. I was only 28 when I had to have my hysterectomy, but I was blessed to have my 3 beautiful children and have always had what we need no matter how difficult things have been.
9/30/2010 6:58:27 PM
Brandy United States
Brandy
Everytime I hear Matt Redman's You Never Let Go, I know it is playing for me. This last week, after I was layed off from work, it was on the radio. This week when I found out I was pregnant and scared to be without a job and insurance I get into my car and the song was playing. Every time I hear that song plays I know it is a reminder for me. I know He is telling me He's with me and everything will be ok. Through 7 years of a marriage to an abusive alcoholic, this song played. No matter if it was 4am or 2pm and I turned on the radio this song always told me He never lets go of me. Through no matter what may be in my day I am not alone even when I thought I was. I know God brought me the great man I have now. I know for a fact now being pregnant it was in His time and not mine. I just wish my childhood friend who ended her life yesterday could have understood the meaning this song has for me. I hope you have peace now my friend.
9/30/2010 7:48:42 PM
Sean United States
Sean
   My sharing doesn't quite compare to some which I have read earlier, but I figured I'd share how I feel God carries and craddles me everyday.
   When I was in the U.S. Army, I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my c-spine (neck) It was 1998 and I was about 27 years old I believe. At the time, the doctors told me my neck was basically 12-13 years older than the rest of me, so I was a 27/28 yr old with a 40yr old neck.
   When my flare ups are at their worst, my neck and upper back is completely locked up so I am literally walking around like frankenstein. I recently saw the neurosurgeons with the VA and was told that I still do not need surgery. About very 2 years I get a new MRI done, and about every 2 years, it's a little worse than it was, but nothing profound.
   I am so grateful that God is getting me through this everyday. Even on my worst days, I know He is there. He ensures that I can continue in life so I can work to support my family, play bass guitar at church for our Sunday evening devotional and play and have fun with my kids and wife.
   So often we tend to forget what all God has blessed us with because we get wrapped up in this "me-istic" society. Now that I am older and hopefully wiser, I thank God everyday at least 3 times for my wife and kids, for the good health He has given me and I thank Him for cradling me when I need it and carrying me along.

In Christ's Love~~ Sean in TN
9/30/2010 7:55:23 PM
leah United States
leah
God took us through a storm of watching our 5 year old daughter struggle with Tourette Syndrome and the ostrization by other children because she was different. I would wake up in the middle of the night with a knot in my stomach wondering how I was going to get through the next day but somehow we managed. She is now 27, has a full time job, is the sweetest person.  God is good.  I have also gotten through a bout of breast cancer during which God gave me Ps 119-He preserves my life-not chemo or drugs-I am cancer free due to my Savior's preservation. We face daily challenges with my husband's health who also has TS, my other daughter who also has TS and yet they have not become bitter against God.  Someday we will see Him face to face and it will be worth it all, though now our faith is tested I look forward to hearing "well done, good and faithful servant".
9/30/2010 8:59:15 PM
Tracy Tegeler United States
Tracy Tegeler
Right out of college I married my first husband.  Throughout our 12 years of marriage he suffered from bipolar disorder. Just after our 12th anniversary, my 9 year old daughter and I found him dead in front of our garage.  He had shot himself in the head.  For 8 years I lived as a single mom.  In that time, I adopted my son from Vietnam.  It was a process that took 2-1/2 years to complete and at times I didn't know where the money was going to come from to pay for the expenses but I knew that God was faithful and if He had called me to it, He would provide.  Then, the end of last July, God brought a wonderful man into my life.  In February of this year we were married.  In late May/early June we traveled to Colorado for a delayed honeymoon.  We spent time hiking and biking and horseback riding.  The day after we returned from our trip, he had a heart attack and subsequent five bypass surgery.  One week after returning home from the hospital, he found out that he was laid off from the job he had only had for the past four months.  I tell all that not to make people feel sorry for me because I certainly do not feel sorry for myself.  I tell it because I know that through it all God held me in the palm of His hands and is using the experiences I have gone through for His glory.  I am in the process of trying to get a single parent ministry started in our area.  I could not do that nor do I think I would have had the heart for it if I had not gone through all that I have had to go through.  I also believe that through the difficult times I have faced, I have felt closer to the Lord than I might otherwise have.  At the funeral of my first husband, our pastor prophesied over us Jeremiah 29:11.  God has certainly shown us that He has bigger plans than we could have ever dreamed or imagined.  My daughter is about to graduate from high school and plans to take a year off to seek the Lord in a discipleship ministry.  She has no ill effects from what she witnessed on that awful night.  In fact, she is probably better able to empathize with others as a result of it.  I give God all the glory for what He has done and continues to do!!
10/1/2010 1:28:59 PM
Chelsey United States
Chelsey
When I was 15, I had a sudden unexpected problem with my liver. It really scared me and I was surprised. I'd gone to church all my life, I wasn't supposed to be one of those people who got sick, right? Wrong. I learned that being a Christian doesn't mean you get to live a perfect life. Once I accepted that this was really happening, I found my only peace in the arms of God. He held me and He carried me and He healed me. I can never be thankful enough. I'm almost 18 now and am very active and my liver is as healthy as ever.
10/1/2010 1:49:15 PM
point blank United States
point blank
I thank GOD everyday that he gives me to live and shine my light for JESUS.GOD has put me in a position that  me and my fellow Christian brothers can reach the people in the streets through rap music.We do outreach ministries in the Crestiview&Fort Walton Beach area.And GOD provides a way for us to do that all we have to do is have the faith and do the works of spreading the gospel and HE takes care of the rest.www.2024recordz.com 2024 is based on ACTS 20:24 in the BIBLE But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord JESUS-the work of telling others the GOOD NEWS about the wonderful grace of GOD.I am honored that GOD chose me a person who use to be doing wrong things and follwing the ways of this world.I will not go back to the ways of this world LORD willing,satan tries hard though but i'm going to do my best to endure to the end.Peace and GOD bless you all.
10/1/2010 6:51:52 PM
Deborah Hidalgo United States
Deborah Hidalgo
God carried me when I was carrying my son. As you read you will see that my son was given no hope but God had other plans.

The months passed and in January we would find out, boy or girl? On January 18th, we were so excited, that was the day. As we were in the sonogram room the doctor performed the sonogram and he kept going over the same area again and again. Finally we couldn't stand it, "Is it a boy or a girl?" we asked. "It's a boy, but there is a problem." Our spirits lifted and sank all in the same moment. "Ok, what's the problem?"  we asked. The doctor replied " Your baby has CDH, a congenital diaphragmatic hernia, which means there is a hole in the diaphram and it has let the stomach and intestines float up into the chest cavity. This makes it very difficult for the lung to develop the prognosis for your baby is bad. You may want to consider your options, you are only 20 weeks pregnant." He meant abortion, there was no way that would happen. We were devastated! Jay and I sobbed all the way home. "Our baby, our little boy, the doctor says he is going to die." The next day we met with a  maternal fetal medicine  specialist and she said the same thing. We were given very little hope. She said that our only hope would be have him at a center where they specialize in CDH. The only things we could do was research CDH and pray. We immediately called our families and our church. Our pastor prayed with us right then and there.

Our research began, we spent hours and days searching for a center that would specialize in CDH. We prayed over and over to make the right decision for our baby. There were only five centers in the country that handle these cases. We decided to tour some centers before we narrowed it down.

We went first to Shands in Gainesville,FL. We spent the day with specialist running tests and then we met with Dr. Kays. He told us about CDH and his treatment. He said that our baby had an 80 to 90 % chance of survival. So when we left we actually had some hope. This was the only place that had given us any hope at all.

Then we went to the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia where they tested and tested. They brought us into a room and started putting up the copy of the MRI and the Ultrasound. They said that Joseph had a very severe CDH and that he only had a 40% chance of survival, IF he survived birth. Our spirits were lowered once more but we knew there was a place they gave us some hope.  We decided to go to the center in Gainesville, Florida because they are the only ones who gave us hope.

I had my prenatal care (if you can call it that) in New Orleans. At 27 weeks I was diagnosed with polyhydraminosis, too much aminotic fluid in the womb. The fluid each week would build and by 33 weeks I was up to 40 CM of fluid, which is more than a gallon of fluid. When that was discovered we made the emergency trip to Gainesville. The fluid could send me into preterm labor and this baby had to be born in Gainesville under the watchful eye of Dr. Kays.

So we were finally here, just waiting for the day of delivery. It was important that I not go before 39 weeks if possible but from 34 weeks on I had constant contractions and pain. In that 5 weeks I went the ER more than 7 or 8 times. I also had the fluid drained from my womb twice with a procedure called an anmio-reduction.

On the morning of June 1, 2010, our parents and our pastors met with us and we prayed that everything would be okay.  Joseph Alexander Hidalgo was born at 9:05 a.m. He weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz and 20.5  inches long. I gave birth through C- section. I waited on the OR table to hear my baby cry but that never happened. He was ventilated as soon as he was born and then rushed off to the NICU3 before I had a moment to see him. I waited all day and then at 4:30 I saw him. It was painful to see all the wires and tubes yet beautiful to see him at all. At 3 days old, June 4th, he was given the surgery to repair the CDH. Dr. Kays and his team, went in to move the abdominal organs down out of the chest, he created an artificial diaphram with a material called gortex, then reconstructed the digestive tract (including the stomach, liver, appendix, bowel, collin, and spean) into its place.

Joseph sailed through recovery. On June 12 he was taken off the vent and put on c- pap. C-pap lasted 24 hours and then he was on a nasal canula which he had for two weeks. At 31 days old, Joseph was discharged and we brought him home.

The enenmy tried to steal our baby over and over but God stepped in and carried us through the whole experience. We would not have made it if God had not carried us.
10/2/2010 3:01:44 PM
Angela Merchant United States
Angela Merchant
I praise him thru the storm daily! Aug 2 2007 I woke up to a phone call, my husband telling me that he had be shot, he was in Iraq. He is now suffering from the mental wombs of war!  Everyday is a new day, not knowing what it will hold!  But by the grace of God he is alive!
10/3/2010 12:45:42 PM
Norm Chapman United States
Norm Chapman
I was diagnosed in April with major depressive disorder, I had never had something like that happen to me in my 54 years, although I had struggled with minor depression for years.  It was harrowing --not able to sleep, eat, constant anxiety, I actually asked the good Lord to take me, or to help lift me up.  Well nearly 6 months later, I am blessed to be better, and have gone back to work 50%.  I know it was from the support of my family, counseling and the medicine, but you know what the main contributor to regaining my sanity as well as my life?  The Lord Jesus Christ.  I would pray to him to help me daily, many times with tears streaming from my heart and eyes, and eventually slowly but surely, my tears began to stop, and hope and love took center stage.  I had always 'believed" in God but now God is center in my life, and I am forever grateful.  I listen to the Message Remix New Testament each and every day (I have listened to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John like 3 times) as it gives me hope and my faith has grown by leaps and bounds -- I am actually optimistic about the future and have learned to take each day at a time as a gift, and am so grateful for what I have!!  I also listen to K-Love daily and love the Scott and Kelli show in the afternoon!!  Keep up the great work at K-Love, and may Jesus bless you all!
10/3/2010 5:47:10 PM
Deborah Hidalgo United States
Deborah Hidalgo
As you read, you will see that when we had no hope God carried us. My husband J, age 34 and I, age 27 were married for a year and had not been able to concieve, so I went to a specialist. The doctor did not give us much hope for conceiving in our first attempt, despite his doubts we did. So in a way, Joseph is already a miracle. We found out in September that I was pregnant, we were so happy.