Oct 01 2010

How Are You LIVING???

“One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can.” - Frederick Buechner... What are YOU doing to live this out???
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/1/2010 1:23:37 PM
Scott Bishop United States
Scott Bishop
My wife & I wrote lyrics for a song called "One Life".  We are in the process of getting music put together for it.  My signature on my cell phone is "One Life" which has been that way for a long time now.  I agree, we only have one life and we have to live it to the fullest in everything we do, for our family for our friends and how God wants us to live out our lives too.  Because ultimately, it is about him.
10/1/2010 1:25:07 PM
Laura United States
Laura
One way that I feel I live my life to the fullest is by not being afraid to be "real" to those around me.  If I have struggles I share them and encourage others to talk about their own struggles.  I have really been able to connect with so many more people in my life because I'm not afraid for people to see my weaknesses.  It frees me, also, because I'm able to see that I'm not the only one with the concerns/problems that I have.
10/1/2010 1:33:28 PM
Eric Frazier United States
Eric Frazier
Three years ago I gave up riding motorcycles on the road for fear of a collision or worse a life ending single bike accident caused by my desire to exceed the speed limit.  A year later I missed it so much that I decided to ride a street bike on a racetrack.  After that experience, I realized that by taking the right preparations, wearing the proper protective gear, and riding within my ability, I could enjoy what I loved so much... the ballet that is riding a motorcycle at high speed.  I began racing in the United States Grand Prix Racers Union in 2009 and have participated in many events.  I wear the proper gear, make the necessary preparations, ride within my ability and put my safety in God's hands.  I think through this I have learned that is all we can do in anything in life.  Make any and all preparations humanly possible and put the rest in God's hands.  When we let go and stop trying to decide our fate is when God takes over and does great things with our natural abilities.  When people come to me to ask about racing or riding a motorcycle in general, I make sure to tell them about my faith and how calm you can be at 150mph when you know you are saved!  God bless!
10/1/2010 1:34:47 PM
Ruth United States
Ruth
I grew up overseas to missionary parents. I have always had a passion to serve God and be in full-time ministry. I went to Bible college and continued to deepen my passion and love for our precious Savior.

I met a godly young man who felt called to the pastorate. We were married in 2000 and immediately began working in a church. God blessed our love with two beautiful children.

Three years ago I began sensing that something was wrong. A year later I finally discovered my husband's affair. I was absolutely committed to my the vows I had made, so I assumed we'd reconcile despite great pain and difficulty.

But that did NOT happen - his affair had terminated his love for me, along with the ability to fight for the right thing. The last two years have been the worst nightmare of turmoil and anguish. The worst part is the effect this has had on my poor sweet children. They are so young and filled with hurt.

But I am determined to follow the Lord through ANY valley, no matter how deep or dark! I am committed to forgiving the ongoing, devastating choices made by the man who once committed his life to me. I am passionately pursuing the Lord and resting in His faithful love. I am loving my children and teaching them to rely on our great God for strength and healing! I desire to be a light in the dark circumstances of my life!
10/1/2010 1:45:57 PM
Theresa Haney United States
Theresa Haney
Hey Scott!! I just heard you talking about the mascots for the different football teams and although I agree that some of the ones you talked about are not intimidating, here is a thought for you.....Was Goliath really intimidated by David?? Just food for thought!!  Have a good day!
10/1/2010 1:54:10 PM
Allyson United States
Allyson
I agree so fully with this approach to life!!  I try to sart each day by asking God to empty me of self so that I can be used to love others, mostly those who are marginilized most.  this has led me to the most beautiful, rewarding opportunities to share his love at nursing homes and homeless shelters, but really everywhere from the drivethru at McDonalds to the PTA set.  Everyone is broken and needs Jesus.  Nothing compares to praying for a missional heart that heals for His glory, and living this out.  It brings purpose depth and joy to each day and the blessing that comes from this makes every trial of my own seem so small.  Praise Him!!!
10/1/2010 1:59:08 PM
Darcy United States
Darcy
You simply get up each morning and instead of saying 'Oh God...it's morning', you say "GOOD MORNING GOD" and leave the rest up to HIM!!!
10/1/2010 1:59:28 PM
Jennifer Jarreau United States
Jennifer Jarreau
My husband and I are in the process of raising funds to move our family to Swaziland, Africa as missionaries. We know that God has called us to take care of the orphans there due to the AIDS pandemic. We are so excited about it, but at the same time trying to live bravely each day. We know that we are leaving the many luxuries of the US, our families and friends, and even a sense of safety regarding our children. We also have to put all our trust in God that He will provide the funds needed to go, especially in this hard economic time. And on the days we don't feel we have the faith it takes to get us through this process, all we can do is pray and ask God to give us faith and the strength to persevere. We are trying to live our life to the fullest, answering God's call to take care of the fatherless and bravely go wherever He sends us.
10/1/2010 2:00:04 PM
Danielle Kennedy United States
Danielle Kennedy
By taking in all that Lord has given us. My children, my family, my friends, my chruch, my freedom to worship Him freely, My salvation and taking the time to see His beautiful art work is the world around us. Example: a few months back I was on a long walk and I was praising God and talking to Him.  Well, out of the blue I noticed a small petite mushroom. The most unusual, beautiful, tiny mushroom. It was no bigger than my thumb (heighth and width.) Then I felt our Lord speak to my heart. You see this mushroom; so tiny, beautiful, and petite in this big world. Even it has a purpose. You are my child so tiny, petite and beautiful and I have a purpose for you. I love when Our Lord romances me.
10/1/2010 2:03:29 PM
Darcy United States
Darcy
You simply get up each morning and instead of starting your day with "Oh God...its morning" you say "GOOD MORNING GOD" and then leave the rest to HIM!
10/1/2010 2:13:29 PM
Rose Taylor United States
Rose Taylor
I am in a wheelchair and always have been. When people hesitate calling it a diability i tell them to just say it, it doesnt bother me. I find that its a good time to tell people what great things God has done for me. I may complain about being short and the only one sitting down during worship but i give God all the glory for my life because by the medical charts I should not be alive!
(please read this)
10/1/2010 3:55:54 PM
Bryan United States
Bryan
I heard you talking about adoption and was prompted to give out story.  My wife and I are in our 60's and we have been foster parents for about 15 years, adoptive parents for almost that many.  We have raised 5 of our own children and God lead us to be foster/adoptive parents and what a blessing our lives have been because of these children that came from abusive and neglective homes, locally.  To see these children change from what they were to what Jesus does in their lives is absolutely amazing.  We owe it all to Him.  I would encourage anyone to just take the time and look around, there are many in such need, especially the chilren.  Oh, the count is eleven that we have adopted, some are almost grown
others are in grade school and they all have a heart for Jesus.  Praise Jesus.  Our family listens to KLOVE every day and we are supporters, thank you for the ministry of music to our children and ourselves.  You are never to old for KLOVE.
10/2/2010 4:43:10 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
I am 10 years old and earlier today I had to clean my room,but it wasn't bad because I had K-Love to listen to!

I may not have a lot of hard things facing me yet, but I know that when I do, God will be with me -- and so will K-Love!!
10/4/2010 8:36:39 AM
Christine United States
Christine
It was a  year back and I was laying awake listing to K Love I remember a story coming on about a drug addict she became ill and started to have seizures in the hospital she layed in the bed and in the mist of the commotion she heard a voice in her head saying let go and come to me. She is now  free from alcohol and she working in her church. It wasn't short after that a song came on by Tenth Avenue North "Ill be by your side". I was at war with my self and I fell in to a depression when that song came on I felt peace knowing God can help me. It wasn't until July 4th of 2009 I got saved.  i decided to live life to the fullest.
10/4/2010 8:36:48 AM