Nov 01 2010

Make a Difference Monday!

Happy Make a Difference Monday! What have you been up to lately to make a difference? Has someone done something that's made a difference for you? Share your story!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (23) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/1/2010 12:27:02 PM
Krista United States
Krista
I had foot reconstruction/tendon transplant surgery 4 weeks ago and have been on crutches and unable to walk without assistance. Our church Bible study group at Istrouma here in Baton Rouge committed to feed my family this whole time while I've been laid up. Not only that, they have prayed with us the entire time and they sit with me when my husband is at work in case I need any help. What a blessing, help and encouragement they have been to us!! Their faith leaps from their hearts to their hands to help others! Thanks just doesn't cover what they have done to help!
11/1/2010 2:03:18 PM
emma United States
emma
yes to X'mas music... sorry Scott but I'm in with Kelly on this.... I love K-love... I listen to it all day long even when I go to bed lol .. seriously I do.
11/1/2010 2:05:24 PM
Tonja United States
Tonja
Scott is right.  It is way to early for Christmas music.  Can't we celebrate Thanksgiving first.  I'm still in the mood for pumpkins and fall colors.
11/1/2010 2:05:56 PM
Becky United States
Becky
Yes play Christmas music
11/1/2010 2:06:27 PM
Diane United States
Diane
no no no no way not till thankgiving is over christmas is to pushy allready.
11/1/2010 2:06:40 PM
Beth United States
Beth
My sister and I sew and craft all year for Christms.  We play Christman music while we work.
Yes to Christmas music.
11/1/2010 2:07:10 PM
Mary Avila United States
Mary Avila
yes to xmas music, it is not too early to listen to xmas music.  I'm with Kelli on this one.  I listen to K-Love all day at work and in the car, love all you guys.

Mary from San Antonio
11/1/2010 2:07:25 PM
GraceAnne United States
GraceAnne
I started a club @ school and it is called "Got God?" I have only 4 people but it is enough we will spread gods word as a group together we are powerd by god and he will speek through usto teach others about god!we started on 11-1-10 @ my school meeting evry day!!!! -GraceAnne age 10
11/1/2010 2:07:47 PM
Sher United States
Sher
Wow to take away from work time this subject must be important to me...I listen to Christmas music from time to time,all year long, its all about our savior 365 days a year, right??  Play the Christmas music I say....BRING IT!...Scott, it is grateful and thankful to have a savior and hear about him!! smile!
PS THANK you for all your dedication to this station, I appreciate it immensely!!!
11/1/2010 2:07:48 PM
Caroline Ewing United States
Caroline Ewing
My sisters says, "I love Christmas music but not all the time."
I feel the same way, I love it once in a while but 24/7...this early...I'm not 100% sure. Smile
Thanks for how encouraging your radio station is!
11/1/2010 2:08:57 PM
Jeri United States
Jeri
I'm with Kelli! I can even suggest a song to play, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, By Casting Crowns...best song on their album!

I used to believe as Scott does, don't cheat Thankgiving by rushing Christmas ...but now I send my Christmas cards in July and we celebrate God's wonderful Gift evry day!
11/1/2010 2:09:19 PM
Jeff Nesbitt United States
Jeff Nesbitt
A Big Phat Yes to Christ-mas music starting the "day" after Halloween! I don't understand anyone who believes in the Birth of Christ, not wanting to mix Thanksgiving and Christmas together!!! Hello, lets let the "world" know Christ was born for 2 Whole Months instead of just one. Now not that we should not be doing that year round, but it sure gets everyones spirits up! Thanks for ALL that you guys do and God Bless ♥♥♥
11/1/2010 2:14:23 PM
Mary United States
Mary
I'm with you Scott.  As Americans we need to be reminded to be thankful and not be distracted.
11/1/2010 2:27:13 PM
Matthew United States
Matthew
No...no....no x-mas music please I beg you.
11/1/2010 3:13:12 PM
Gina Woods United States
Gina Woods
We started a non-profit called: OwieBowWowie and Friends Foundation.
There are more than 20 million children per year who are diagnosed with a life-threatening illness and a little less than 8 million of these children have no family or friends who are able to visit them when they are in the hospital.

We designed "Owie" who is a stuffed, plush dog that bring them comfort when they are in the hospital and then "Owie" is donated.

If you want to do something for a child who is ill,and alone, and don't know what to do... then please join us.

Go to www.owiebowwowie.net and see how you can comfort a child today.

Onward by faith!
11/1/2010 3:27:44 PM
Barb United States
Barb
Our island was having some severe winds yesterday.  I was on my way to a video store when I saw this elder man who was having major problems with the garbage that he was emptying from McDonalds.  There were several bags all over the parking lot and the garbage bin he was pushing was flying away from him in the wind. (winds storms are common in SE Alaska).  I was way to compelled to park and run across the parking lot to help him.  I grabbed one bag and met him at the garbage bin and told him that I would hold the bin while he rescued the rest.  The tired wiery eyes turned to joy right before me, it was beautiful.  The wind mixed with run that usually hits the face like glass suddenly didn't even bother me.  The joy of helping him took the weather away!!!
11/1/2010 3:28:41 PM
Chris Ledesma United States
Chris Ledesma
Every weekday, I send a daily scripture via text to about 40 people consisting of family, friends and others that just asked to receive it.

On a weekly basis, I post a Christ-like weekly challenge to everyone on Facebook. This weeks challenge is below.

Christ-like weekly challenge: Are we good stewards of what God has blessed us with? Make it a point to clean house, wash your automobile, or perform a needed maintenance. If we don’t care for what we have, how can we expect to be blessed with something bigger or better? Remember everything belongs to Him; how much are we appreciating His blessing?

Here is a bonus challenge: Do this for someone else without them asking you to. Meet a need greater than yours! Wow, praise God!

All the glory goes to God our Father.
11/1/2010 3:53:16 PM
patrick from pa
patrick from pa
Peace! great thing happened this morning at The Lighthouse Mission in Clovis New Mexico. Saturday morning Jesus told me to drop this lighthouse statue off to the men at the Lighthouse mission. Well at 630am I went over to give it to them. The men start praying at 630am. That morning they weren't there and the door was locked so I left it at the foot of the door to the Lighthouse. This morning while at breakfast the men started trying to thank me. You see they were in the Parable Book store the week before and saw the Lighthouse Statue and wanted to buy it for Richard and his wife who run the mission, but they did not have the money. So they prayed over it and asked Jesus to help them. I did not know they prayed over it and wanted it. This morning they presented it to Richard and his wife in thanks giving for what they are doing. Thank you Jesus. Richard's phone # 575-799-0902. Amazing what is happening at The Lighthouse mission in Clovis, New Mexico. Be really cool to do a broadcast from the mission. Peace Jesus loves you so do I thanx for what you do. Jesus made a difference in my life this morning by including me in his plan!
11/1/2010 3:58:09 PM
Bev Keenan United States
Bev Keenan
Way to early for Christmas music.  Let's enjoy Thanksgiving first.
11/1/2010 5:43:30 PM
Amalia Becker United States
Amalia Becker
Just wanted to share my story on Make a Difference Monday. My boyfriend has been struggling to find his faith. I have been praying for him and encouraging him to strengthen his relationship with God. He told me that he is "getting there, but doesn't know where to start." Today, I bought a note book and for each day of a month, I am filling it with Bible verses and leaving room for him to write a letter to God. I just want him to have time to focus on God, especially when he does not know where to start. I hope to expose him to God's word and really set his heart on fire for God! The last bit of information that I should share is that he is in the Air Force, so I will have to mail this to him at his base. Pray for our armed forces. Thanks!
11/1/2010 9:50:41 PM
Mickey United States
Mickey
Please don't start Christmas songs already.  It is so sad that Christmas is so commercialized and no one takes the time to think about what Christmas is all about. Its not about the presents and its not about songs its about our Lord sending his only child to this earth so we may all be saved and its about saving the children who suffer so due to lack of food and water, medicines to heal them, etc.  Lets keep the meaning of Christmas this year.
11/3/2010 10:37:29 AM
Cyrena United States
Cyrena
I know it isn't make a difference Monday YET, but would you consider helping our small Christian School???  We are in a contest at www.bing.com/ourschoolneeds , it is won strictly by voting.  We are competing against schools the size of our town!!  Trinity Christian School needs votes!  Please consider helping our non-denominational school win $100,000 for our Science Department.  Go to www.bing.com/ourschoolneeds and vote everyday until Sunday for Trinity Christian School.
2/28/2011 10:15:03 PM
Karen Stark United States
Karen Stark
7 years ago, my husband and I began a troop support group that sends care packages and cooling ties (hugs since they go around the neck and our troops all deserve a "hug") to Americans deployed in harm's way.  We're called The Hugs Project and our troops tell us we're doing so much to improve living conditions and morale.

President Bush gave us a Presidential Service Award a couple of years ago but not even that beats when we hear from a Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine or Guardsman that we are truly making a difference in their lives.

We also send school supplies, wheelchairs and sewing machines that our guys use in their Hearts and Minds program.

We'd love to send your listeners info on what they can do from their own homes to help.  One big thing is to organize letter writing campaigns.  They can make cooling ties which reduce the body's core temps by 5+ degrees, they can run a sock drive.  We have many other ideas.  They can send an email to:  TheHugsProject@cox.net

Thanks,