Nov 02 2010

Mom's money-saving tips!

Okay, perhaps Mom was right after all! Her money-saving tips that may have seemed silly are actually quite useful! Sew that shirt, don't throw it out! Use the library...don't buy books! Use cash for purchases and don't buy spontaneously!Good advice! Got some money-saving tips to add? Share them here!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/2/2010 3:17:08 PM
Debby United States
Debby
Your eyes are bigger than your stomach takke only what you know you will eat.
11/2/2010 3:17:49 PM
Debby United States
Debby
Your eyes are bigger than your stomach onky take what you know you can eat!
11/2/2010 3:20:36 PM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
Breastfeed! Its FREE!!!!!
11/2/2010 3:51:48 PM
Alanna United States
Alanna
U could use the stuff ur recycling like shirts, buttons and stuff like that to make a christmas gift or something. U could use a shirt to make a purse or something useful for another person in ur family. same thing goes for jeans anything material can be used to make something try it its so much fun.
11/2/2010 3:55:34 PM
Teresa Cruz United States
Teresa Cruz
I was told if you unplug everything in your home when not in use you can save alot of money on your pg&e bill and it does work, I leave my computer, tv all plugged in though but everything else gets unplugged when not in use. I saved over 40 to 60 a month just doing this.
11/2/2010 5:04:50 PM
Rosangela Rodriguez United States
Rosangela Rodriguez
My mom always said to take a watch (clock) with me when I take my showers, 5 min its good enough for a good shower. When I wash my mouth turn off the water when not in use. Her water bill was cheaper than I thought it would be when I started practicing her law of budget, lol.
11/3/2010 4:07:59 AM
Cheryl Hush United States
Cheryl Hush
The best tip on bars of soap was when you get to the soft sliver press it on a new bar and the next shower/bath it will have harden enough to use.I never through away soap,anymoreSmile
11/3/2010 6:49:56 AM
Grace Mae United States
Grace Mae
Take an save all your fabric and paper craft scraps.
Later you can make something with them for a cheap nice gift.
11/3/2010 2:19:03 PM
Cynthia Fowler United States
Cynthia Fowler
One way to save the money is going to yard sales because u can get toys, clothes, and books and sometimes movies at a cheaper price then you can anywhere else. The women of our church actually have a clothing ministry where we recieve clothes from anyone and give them away for free it is a great way to talk to someone about our Lord and get blessed at the same time.