Nov 05 2010

Appreciate Mom...no matter what stage of life you're in!

Kelli's friend shared a very cool perspective on how we view our Mom's as we get older. Check this out:

"3 Years old: my mom is the best!

7 years old: Mom I love you.

10 years old: Mom whatever...

17 years old: My mom is SO annoying.

18 years old: I wanna leave my mom's house.

35 years old: I wanna go back to my mom's house.

50 years old: I don't wanna lose my mom.

70 years old: I would give up everything for my mom to be here with me."

Love on your Mom today!

11/5/2010 2:55:20 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
My mom passed away when I was 14.  To all those young girls out there....love her while you have her for she will be gone all too soon.
11/5/2010 3:13:28 PM
Maureen United States
Maureen
Kelli, I heard you read this on the radio on my way home from work.  It brought a tear to my eye because my mother has been gone almost 16 years and I too would give anything to have her here seeing her grandchildren grown and having children of their own.  Then I remembered something I sometimes forget.  Like many Moms, my Mom was the "go to" parent for me and my 3 sisters.  My dad was the typical 50's dad, go to work, bowl one night a week, watch baseball & football on the weekends, but not too much interaction with us 4 girls.  When my Mom passed, it was devastating to me but soon we had 2 new babies in the family to dote on and watch grow.  I truly believe God gave us those 2 little babies to help us deal with the pain of losing Mom.  Now, over the years since Mom's passing, we've all gotten to know my dad in a way that we probably wouldn't have been able to.  Another blessing.  God has a purpose in all the things we face and we may not know what that purpose is for a long time.  Looking back, I thank God for the opportunity to get to know and LOVE my dad in the way I do today.  Our God truly is an awesome God.
11/5/2010 8:06:35 PM
Tracey Anderson United States
Tracey Anderson
My mom passed a couple weeks ago very suddenly while she was traveling cross-country to be with my youngest brother.  I'm in my 20's and I wished I could've hit that 70 mark to say what I wouldn't give to have her now...but unfortunately I find myself wishing that at an early age.  Cherish your mother while she is still here, and let her know how much she means to you, and how much of an impact she has had in your life while you still have the chance because you never know when it's her appointed time.  Her life is a gift from Jesus to you, enjoy the gift.
11/8/2010 3:09:25 PM
LeAnn Furniss United States
LeAnn Furniss
I heard this Sunday afternoon as I was driving home from my parent's house.  I guess I now need to say my Dad's house.  We buried my Mom on Saturday.  She was 83.
11/8/2010 4:30:02 PM
Emerie United States
Emerie
i saw this on facebook, i looked, and its true, your world will revolve around ur mom, till u get to teen years, i should no, Im 13. But in a way, i guess im not like the others at school, when im not so mad i want to kill my mom, shes my world
11/11/2010 4:28:47 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Aww!! that's soo sweet Emerie. My daughter too is 13 and I truely hope that's the way she feels about Me. Your Mom is soo blessed to have a daughter like you. My parents split up when I was 12 until I turned 15 and I lived with my Dad,so I didn't have that relationship with my Mom because she was 3 states away. I guess that's why I try to be a big part of my daughters life. Love on your children and you will get in back 10 folds.