Nov 11 2010

Thank a veteran!

Happy Veteran's Day! Today, we honor those who have served our country and those who are currently serving. We are more grateful than we can ever express. If you wish to honor our veteran's today, feel free to express your thanks and share their names here!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/11/2010 1:32:08 PM
Crystal United States
Crystal
My husband Wade is a veteran. He is out of the military now, but I would like to Thank him for the sacrafice he has made for his family and his country. I Love you baby...I would also like to Thank all of our servicemen and women from the bottom of my heart, and even a Thank you is not enough....
11/11/2010 1:33:51 PM
Pam M United States
Pam M
I just joined an organization called Soldier's Angels and have adopted a soldier who is located overseas.  Please keep her in your prayers.  I am very excited to be a part of an organization devoted to helping our soldiers.  If anyone would like to adopt a soldier, please go to www.soldiersangels.org.  Thank you.
11/11/2010 1:41:21 PM
Larry United States
Larry
I served in the Navy for 23 years.  Now retired, I look back at all those years & Praise God daily for each and every one of them.  The good & the bad!  I could go on & on all day about the men & women whom I served with & am proud to know, but it is my Dad & Grand-dad that I want to recognise.  They paved the way for myself and other family members to serve our country. I Love them both deeply & am Honored by their sacrifices. Our entire family tree (on both sides) is full of military history.
God Bless each and every service member now serving and all those who have served.
Jesus Loves you & so do I.
11/11/2010 1:49:21 PM
Glen Newell United States
Glen Newell
So today is Veterans day... Most people will say thank you for your service, thanks for keeping me safe and mostly thank your for the opportunity to be free.

As an Army Vet, where I served a little over  a year in Iraq in 2004, I wanted to tell EVERYONE THANK YOU! Thank you God. Thank you K-love, Thank you to all my friends. Thank you to my Family. Thank you to all those whom served before my time. And thank you to those whom I served with.

If it wasn't for your love and support I honestly don't know how i would have made it through some of the things i have been through.

So the simplest thing i can say is THANK YOU! Take care and god bless!
11/11/2010 1:57:30 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
My brother served in Vietnam in the height of the war, a special thanks to him and all the veterans of all the wars.  They deserve our deepest thanks and love.
11/11/2010 2:18:45 PM
Rachel Marsch United States
Rachel Marsch
I would like to thank the 3 military men in my life:

1.) My husband Alan Marsch, served in the U.S. Navy on the U.S.S. Constellation ship from '85-'87 active, and from '88-'95 reserves.

2.) My dad Paul Widger, served in the U.S. Navy as a medic from '58-'62.  Dad & Mom celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary this year.

3.) My father-in-law Lawrence Marsch, served in the U.S. Air Force during World War II as a P-47 Thunderbolt pilot.  His plane was called "Lady Grace", affectionately named after his wife, and they have celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary this year.  He is 88 years old and still alive, hoping to go on the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight next year for WWII vets.

If you know of a WWII vet, encourage them to check out the web site starsandstripeshonorflight.org/SSHF/Welcome.html
11/11/2010 2:19:40 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
I am desperately trying to find the quote or the book that was mentioned this morning just after 10 Mountain Time, called "Wrestling With Angels" about how everyone telling this guy that God doesn't give us anything we can't handle and what his response was to that.

Could you PLEASE, PLEASE point me to where I can find that book and give me the quote that was read this morning!!!  That gave me CHILLS as I drove to work, as I have never in my life had anyone put into words the excruciating pain of trials yet amazing grace of God in one sentence before.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, KLOVE, for being there when so many need you.  May you be blessed for all of your efforts for God.
11/11/2010 2:20:26 PM
Linda United States
Linda
I am the proud wife, mother, aunt, daughter & friend of several vetrans.
In our family we have all branches of the military covered. My husband a combat vet of VietNam, daughter is currently in the Air Force as was my father. My step father & nephew, Navy, another nephew served in the Army & lastly our neighbor serves currently in the Coast Guard.
THANK YOU ALL for serving so bravely. God bless you & God bless America.
11/11/2010 2:55:27 PM
Alta Lee Maxwell United States
Alta Lee Maxwell
Thank you so much military so very much for fighting for our freedom.  I can't imagine what you have gone thru.
thank you klove for setting up this video and broadcasting for all to hear.  May many come to know the King thru Klove and may our military have angels encamping around them and bring the enemies to You LORD too. in Jesus name,yYoucu
11/11/2010 4:41:52 PM
Gretchen United States
Gretchen
I come from a family with a long history of serving in our military.  I have a son currently in special forces and deployed.

you just brought tears to my eyes with whatever the poem was you were reading about the little girl whos father had been a soldier and died for his country.

I THANK GOD every day for my son and the other American soldiers that serve us so selflessly.  It breaks my heart each time he leaves and I know what it does to him and his wife and 2 children to be apart all the time, especially around the holidays.

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to each and every service person and your families that suffer with your absence.

May GOD bless each of you and see you safely home.
11/11/2010 4:46:51 PM
Diana United States
Diana
My husband and son were both in the Army. Even so, it still amazes me the courage and strength our soldiers have. Just the thought of basic training was enough to send me running the other way. My son, Daniel, was in Iraq for 9 mos, serving with riot control out of the Green Zone. He is the strongest, bravest young man I know and I couldn't be more proud of him. The sacrafice is beyond anything you can imagine. Many friends and other family members have served in the military and I can't say enough about what wonderful people they are. Their hearts are full of love for this country and we should all be eternally greatful for every day that they serve, because it is a daily sacrifice that they give, whether in the US or abroad, whether in an office or in the field, it is a sacrifice. I thank you all! It is an honor to have the opportunity to express gratitude to each of you for your service. May God bless and protect you all the days of your lives.
11/11/2010 5:07:41 PM
Briana United States
Briana
This video brought me to tears! There are so many people in my life who have served and are currently serving our country and I thank God everyday that they put their lives on the line to protect me and everyone else. Just a quick note to say thank you to all the people in my life, Bill Wilson, Brody Fahle, Keith Marion, Alex Maze, Henry Barney, Homer Adkins, Walter Barney, Mike Eckenrode, Doug Murphy, Bianca Freck, Briana Murphy, Chad Wheatley, and so many more! Thank you all so much for everything you have done and are currently doing!
11/11/2010 5:14:32 PM
Briana United States
Briana
I forgot a few people and just thought I would add them on here, Judd Fischer, Corey Bowen, Bobby May, Sherry Burger, Taylor Barney, Linzy Fritzsche, Ray Caldwell, "Pop" Payne, and many more!
11/11/2010 5:16:47 PM
Tim Mosley United States
Tim Mosley
I am a retired Master Sergeant US Air Force.  I served 21 years and retired 14 years ago.  I served state side, Germany, and Desert Shield, Desert Storm, meanwhile was deployed on several occasions.  A big part of serving is moving (PCS)....I want to thank my family for their sacrifice, my wife getting great jobs and having to leave those jobs knowing she has to start over again, not to mention friends she had made and left behind. My three daughters having to go to a new school and get accustomed to new schedule and meet new friends, meanwhile they left some great friends behind and possibly the love of their life.  I could go on, I just want to thank my family for their sacrifices and supporting me while I served this Great Nation.

Tim Mosley, MSgt Retired, USAF