Dec 02 2010

Matthew West's New Christmas Video!!!

Matthew West is our Special Guest this afternoon. His new Christmas song, One Last Christmas is a true story that was inspired while writing for his CD The Story Of Your Life. Here is the video... You can find out more about the song at matthewwest.com and how it is helping St. Judes.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/2/2010 4:59:13 PM
phillip auby United States
phillip auby
I can't even describe how much this has touched my heart, praise the Lord praise the Lord, praise the Lord!
12/2/2010 5:10:36 PM
Brad Jones United States
Brad Jones
I heard this song yesterday while at work, and it brought me to tears.  This last June 24th 2010 my wife Sarah and I held our 7yr old son Conner for the last time this side of heaven. Conner lost his brief but courageous fight against Cystic Fibrosis.  Conner was wise beyond his years and once told my wife "Mommy if you want to see me again in Heaven, You need to know Jesus"  This Song is so powerful and Truly hit home for me.  I would give anything to have One Last Christmas with my Son Conner, but I know he will be smiling down on us this Christmas as he sits at the Side of Jesus and Breaths Deep and Breaths Free.  Thank you Lord for giving Matthew the words for this song.  Thank you Matthew for this Song.
12/2/2010 5:54:45 PM
Dean A Biegel United States
Dean A Biegel
The only words I have to describe this song, WOW. I try to tell my kid’s everyday that I LOVE them. I just never know when the Good Lord will call one of them to be in his presents.
12/2/2010 5:56:12 PM
Katrice Stewart United States
Katrice Stewart
WOW!  Let me first say that I'm having a real hard time typing this message because of the tears in my eyes!  There should be a disclaimer before the video starts stating "may cause blurred vision (due to tears)".  God bless the Locke family for sharing their story and God bless Matthew West for putting thier story to a song so others could learn about this precious baby boy, Dax!  I'm 38 years old now.  A little over 6 years ago, I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma.  Always the youngest person in the chemo room, the elders always wanted to hear my story.  While their response was usually "you poor thing", my response was that I'd do this 10 times over so a precious little person would not have to experience something so horrible as cancer.  Although I sometimes wonder why someone else and not me, I get that I MUST use the extra time I've been given to share the gosple, witness to people and share God's love.  This story has truly touched my heart and I will never forget Dax.  Thank you K-Love for being the avenue upon which God's children can be connected.
12/2/2010 8:32:45 PM
Jennifer Bauer United States
Jennifer Bauer
Although I must say, I am not a crier, this video brought tears to my eyes, cry to my voice, and humbleness to my heart. Cancer is such a hard disease to live with, and yet such a fighter to die with too. We see Dax, a very cute baby dealing with the weakness through his disease. His smile, willingness, and love shows everyone that we are just here for God's glory. Here I thought that I was cold, but those tears show me that I am still the loving woman I have always been. God be with you, Locke family and everyone else, during this Christmas season. God Bless you all.
12/3/2010 6:20:02 AM
Diane Fry United States
Diane Fry
WOW!  One of the most heartbreaking yet heartwarming stories I've ever heard!  God Bless the Locke family for sharing their story, and that small town in Illinois for their compassion.  Thank you to Matthew West for bringing this story to light with his beautiful words, and to K-LOVE for airing it for so many others to be touched by.  After the video, I immediately made a contribution to the St. Jude's Hospital in memory of sweet baby Dax.  I hope many others do the same.
12/3/2010 8:59:24 AM
Lynda Castleberry United States
Lynda Castleberry
I heard the story and song yesterday driving home. I almost pulled over because I was crying so hard. A friend of mine lost her 4 yr old son, Jarren, this Nov 1st to cancer. He was a warrior for 18 months. I watched his family grow in faith, as I did, and I still see how God is using Jarren's life to reach others. His story is truely amazing. My heart and prayers are with the Locke family for sharing their story and thank you to Matthew West for the song. May we all remember to pray for families who have lost children to cancer and may we all support St. Jude and other medical facilities and their staff for their work. Thank you K-Love for putting this video and song on your station.
12/3/2010 12:45:00 PM
LK Shinneman (Just LK) United States
LK Shinneman (Just LK)
I too was brought to tears but I'm an old softy and most everyone knows it. I cry at movies and anytime that the situation reaches my heart. My mother (God rest her soul) had a huge heart and I believe she passed it on to me. I don't normally send out blanket emails but I did send this one. I took a little flack for sending it and asking people to maybe buy one less gift and to send that money to St. Jude's for this family. It is a no brainer. St. Jude's is a great cause all by itself but when you add to that the story of Dax. It has to touch you. I know that times are tough. I've been barely getting by for over a year being self employed and not getting the revenue results necessary and my wife's income is our major support (something that bothers this ego driven man). Mathew you are one of my favorite performers on K-Love and this song just shows how big your heart is. God bless all of you who can help this cause and realize that this IS what Christmas is all about. May His peace be you and yours, now and forever...LK
12/4/2010 12:34:40 AM
CLittle United States
CLittle
A beautiful song and a beautiful story. God bless the Locke family for sharing their son's story with us all.

12/4/2010 5:50:58 PM
joe m United States
joe m
another great song by Matthew West, Every song he sings is from his heart to  yours.  I cryed through the whole song.  God bless the Locke family.