Dec 06 2010

It's Make a Difference Monday!

Happy Make a Difference Monday! We want you to know that we sure appreciate you! You are making a difference by showing kindness to strangers every day, by loving your friends and family sacrificially and by financially supporting KLOVE. Thank you for sharing your "MAD" story here. Perhaps you have a story to share...has God used you to encourage someone this week? Perhaps He has used KLOVE to encourage you and you want to say thanks to those who support the station? Tell us about it here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/6/2010 1:13:16 PM
Angela Finch United States
Angela Finch
My friends and I just had a Single Parent's Night Out, so they could drop off their kids in a safe place and go Christmas shop.  We even bought little lotions, lip gloss, etc. for the kids to shop and give to their moms or dads on Christmas, as many single parents don't have anyone to give them gifts.  By far, we were blessed more than anyone else!
12/6/2010 1:44:30 PM
jeffrey baret United States
jeffrey baret
hay i think scott should pay for kelly low-light for her hair to be up to code of scott. and that would be a Happy (make a differents monday) for kelly.
12/6/2010 2:24:27 PM
Shaunna Mozingo United States
Shaunna Mozingo
M.A.D.:  Yesterday I accessed Craig's List in my area and went to the "wanted" section to see if there were families who needed something for the holidays.  I found 3 families wishing to have Christmas decorations, clothes, help with gifts, etc.
I went to several stores and purchased gifts, decorations, clothing and gift cards. When I got home I asked my husband, who not a man of faith, if he wanted to do something to make a difference today.  He said ok without really knowing what I was talking about.
He helped me wrap all of the gifts, box them up and we set out to deliver them to 3 families.
The first delivery was a single mom with a 3 month old daughter.  She was so excited to receive the gifts and said I was her angel.  I told her that she was the one who blessed me by putting her ad on Craig's List because I had been praying for a way to help this year.
The second was a couple who just moved here, away from all of their family and was having Christmas for the first time by themselves and had no decorations.  They were excited to receive the new things.
The third was a mother with a 12 year old daughter.  Their ad was posted by a neighbor who asked if someone could donate decorations.  I emailed the lady back only to discover that this family was truly hurting and without almost everything.  When I got to her house I knocked on the door and said that a little birdie told me that she could use some help for Christmas and I just wanted to give her this box of gifts.  She wanted to know who the little birdie was but I didn't tell her.  I just said Merry Christmas.  She began to cry and so did I.  She hugged me and didn't know what to say.  I told her that God has blessed me this year and I wanted to use that to bless someone else and then I left.
When we got home, my husband said thank you for involving him because it was the most incredible thing he had ever been a part of and that it really touched him.
This morning I received an email from the neighbor letting me know that the family I had helped had placed the following ad on facebook.

She will never know it was me I hope and what she needs to know is that I was blessed just as much as she was by taking part.  Her neighbor is the angel for posting the ad to begin with.

I want to encourage people to do the same.  You can make a difference in someone's life.  If you are struggling with something the best way to forget about your problems is to help someone with theirs.  I will remember that lady's face and the warmth of her hug for as long as I live.  And my husband will never be the same!
12/6/2010 5:23:20 PM
John Upchurch United States
John Upchurch
Please keep secret being I'm doing this for nothing in return. Our work recently found out even with the economy the way it is will be receiving a bonus. Also recently an angel sent from the heavens above was taken back. Her name was Sandra Teichow who kindly gave a needy person a ride, who ended up taking her life. She always gave back to community and did missonary work all over the world. The Lord placed it upon me to take a large portion of the bonus I have printed "A love letter from Jesus" on each Christmas card, along with a note stating "The Lord has blessed me so much in my life and not in a monetary way, the Lord has now decided to bless you. "There are people currently that are suffering from hard times in the US as well as all over the world, but remember that you may be suffering but someone is suffering 10x as much. What we consider poverty here is someone elses riches" and in each card a $20 is placed in there. I will approach people up until Christmas to give them the card. I will tell them if they need it to use it but if they do not, please give it to somone who may need it more. I have not listed my name on any of this only that it is a gift the Lord above.
12/6/2010 5:30:02 PM
Alaina Alberts United States
Alaina Alberts
The way people care for one another is very eye opening and great! When the Hammits came over today to pick up bowen it showed how gratefull they were to still have him in their lives. Earlier on in the day my mom and I had been fighting and I felt terrible after the fact. Now looking back at it I am so thankful to have a mom like that who care and saves others, and cares for me and saves me through hard times and is there trough my life with God I love you mom!
12/6/2010 5:40:43 PM
Logan Macon United States
Logan Macon
Hey this is my first M.A.D. Monday. This story is a about a year late but I wanted to share it. My mom has been battling cancer since October of 2009 and last winter I was a Junior in High School and a guard on my Varsity basketball team at Faith Christian School in Ramseur, NC. Life had really been difficult for me and I was slumping on the court and in the class room. I couldn't focus on anything. A teacher and pastor held a chapel message at school on pain and how to deal with tough times, and it really spoke to my heart. I talked with him after the chapel service and asked him to talk with me after school. We went to a McDonald's in town and he talked with me and encouraged me greatly. He told me, "God gives us the grace we need for today and today only, not for tomorrow and the what if's in life." I tried to keep this close to my heart from then on.
A month later I had a basketball game and my team was down 3 with 10 seconds when I got the ball. My mom was in the stands at the first basketball game she had seen all season. I took a 3 and it swished in the basket. The game went to overtime and we won soundly in the extra period. My mom had a surgery to remove most of the cancer the next morning. I hugged her with tears rolling down both our eyes after the game. That night was truly a miracle.
My mom first had a mass the size of a lemon when she was diagnosed and that mass has now shrunk to a microscopic size after chemotherapy and surgeries. I'm now a Senior and I will never forget my teacher's words and the impact they had and the miracle God gave my family.
12/7/2010 7:08:55 AM
khan vs maidana live United States
khan vs maidana live
This fight of Khan vs Maidana will be on December 11. Let us watch it live.
12/7/2010 7:09:39 AM
khan vs maidana live United States
khan vs maidana live
This fight of Khan vs Maidana will be on December 11. Let us watch it live.