Dec 08 2010

Letter to Aly on Matthew West's "My Own Little World" video

Our friend Aly created a video of the song by Matthew West, "My Own Little World" and posted it on YouTube. We were blown away! The response has been huge! Check out this letter that Aly got from a friend at school...Aly is making a difference!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/8/2010 2:30:29 PM
Tim M United States
Tim M
S&K,
What a blessing I received on the way home...I have a small group tonight and I wanted to read the letter and show the video, but i can't find the video on the K-LOVE website.  Could you e-mail it to me?
Thanks and God Bless,
TIM
12/8/2010 2:39:44 PM
Glenda United States
Glenda
Here's the video:  I went to YouTube-
My Own Little World Stop-Motion Video by Aly D.
12/8/2010 4:05:06 PM
Christine matthews United States
Christine matthews
I love that song so much, It brought tears the first time I heard it, and has really got me thinking about how much I think about ME FIRST in my daily life. Every time I hear that song  It reminds me to stop and think about others first, even when its a crazy busy day, I am reminded that there is always time for someone else. I am so grateful for this beautiful reminder I hear everyday on the radio. Also,  The video by Aly is so awesome, the song has obviously made an impression on her too, and she shared that in an amazing way. I hope many many more people watch this video and are reminded as I was that there is so much more going on out there and there is always time for someone else! and I also hope she got an A plus on it because she certainly deserves it. Thank you and God Bless, Christine M.
12/8/2010 9:20:03 PM
Doug United States
Doug
Is there any way i can copy and paste this letter so I can share it on facebook along with the video? Insperational!
12/8/2010 9:21:39 PM
Doug United States
Doug
figured it out, thanks
12/9/2010 10:34:37 AM
Shelli Vinturella United States
Shelli Vinturella
that was amazing, great job!!! I'm completely blown away at the gift this girl has.
12/9/2010 12:53:52 PM
Adrian United States
Adrian
I also can't find the video, so can you send it to my email please? I really want to see it, this is my favorite song!
12/12/2010 7:00:28 PM
Teresa United States
Teresa
Wow, I heard them mention this story a couple times over the last few days and it kind of went in one ear and out the other........sort of.   Tonight I heard it again and I just knew I needed to find and watch it.  Wow!!!!  Amazing what one person can do to make a difference.  I would love to see what God has in mind for you when you are older.  Thanks, God Bless,
Teresa
12/13/2010 10:07:10 AM
Jean Chauncey United States
Jean Chauncey
I think that video was awesome.  I love the song. It really speaks to your heart.  I was recently homeless and I know how hard it is.  People judge you with out even knowing your story.   For instance my family chose to be homeless rather than live with some one who had drug dealers comeing to the house.  My daughter answered the door and was handed a bag of pot and given instructions as to who to give it to.  She was just barely 18 then and still innocent.  So we decided to leave and be homeless rather than to subject her to that.
12/13/2010 7:31:56 PM
Jyotsna United States
Jyotsna
I like the song my own little world, but it wasn't until i saw the video that I knew the meaning of that song. I showed it to everyone I know and they were just flabergasted! Love that word! Smile