Apr 27 2010

Gross toothbrush mistake!

Kelli is totally grossed out today. She just discovered that she's been accidentally using her 12-year old son's toothbrush for 2 days! Aaack! Ever had anything like that happen to you?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Apr 26 2010

Happy Make a Difference Monday!

It's Make a Difference Monday! Tell us your story...we wanna know what you (or those around you) are doing to make a difference
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (22) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Apr 23 2010

Are you on a low-carb diet?

THE SAD SIDE OF LOW CARB DIETS

Recently a report in the Archives of Internal Medicine stated that people who stuck to a low fat moderate carbohydrate diet for a year not only lost as much weight (30 pounds) as those on a low carb plan, but they also felt happier.  The reason: “Too much fat and protein may reduce your levels of mood boosting serotonin, leaving people feeling depressed,” says lead study author Grant D. Brinkworth, Ph.D.

The Skinny:

If you are feeling down for no apparent reason you should monitor your carbohydrate intake and do not dip below 130 grams per day.  Ideally, weight loss expert Christine Avanti recommends a minimum of 200 grams per day and says that her clients continue to lose weight at that range.

Hungry for a quick and delicious lunch?

Try Christine’s 5 MINUTE MINI PIZZAS

At only 382 calories for 2 pizzas they are amazing!! Get the recipe here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (3) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Search results for 'single mom ministry'

Search results for 'single mom ministry'

Hey Good Mom! "If you've ever felt judged by another Mom, this blog post I read today is a beautiful reminder that we need to extend grace to one another. Thanks for the insight, Megan Gahan. hey good mom . . . . yo ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2013/01/23/Hey-Good-Mom!.aspx
Appreciate Mom...no matter what stage of life you're in! "Kelli's friend shared a very cool perspective on how we view our Mom's as we get older. Check this out: ‎ "3 Years old: my mom is the best! 7 years old: Mom I love you. 10 years old: Mom what ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2010/11/05/Appreciate-Momno-matter-what-stage-of-life-youre-in!.aspx
Great Job, Mom! "As a Mom, I often feel like I am not measuring up. In fact, just the other day, I was thinking about all the things that I try to juggle and how often I feel like I fail. Especially when I comes to my ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2013/11/01/Great-Job-Mom!.aspx
Enjoy the Moment! "I don't know about you, but I find that I spend far too many moments rushing from appointment to appointment and not enough moments appreciating…well…the moment. A friend shared this on ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2013/11/15/Enjoy-the-Moment!.aspx
Funny "Mom phrases!" ""You'll shoot your eye out...," "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach...,""Clean your plate, there are starving kids in Africa!" We're remembering fun "Mom phrases" today. What funny thing did your ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2010/05/05/Funny-Mom-phrases!.aspx
Proud "parent moments!" "We loved seeing Evan Lysecek win gold medal in the Olympics last night! It was the first gold for the USA in men's figure skating since 1988! Favorite moment? Mama crying during the medal ceremony! Wh ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2010/02/19/Proud-parent-moments!.aspx
All About Mom "Mom's Night Out    A Birth Mother's Quest To Meet Her Daughter After 77 Years     Daughter Who Battled Cancer Gives Mom A Special Surprise   Mom Pays Off Every Student ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2014/05/09/All-About-Moms!.aspx
Wedding Rings Found, iPhone 6, & Mom's Home! "Mom's Home! Toddler Ignores Military Protocol, Runs Into Soldier's Arms    Flutist Doesn't Flinch As Butterfly Lands On Face During Performance   TODAY Anchors Get A Sneak Peek At iPh ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2014/09/17/Wedding-Rings-Found-iPhone-6-Moms-Home!-.aspx
Pinterest Stress for Moms "A Mother's Day gift for Pregnant Moms - what do you think? New Survey: Pinterest Stress afflicts many moms. Fancy Footwork on the treadmill P.S. by the way, ask Kelli why she won't step on one :) Vis ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2013/05/09/Pinterest-Stress-for-Moms.aspx
TV's Most Memorable Moments "What are TV's 20 most memorable moments? Los Angeles Times The stunning news coverage of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks tops the list of the most enduring TV moments in history for Americans.   A ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2012/07/12/TVs-Most-Memorable-Moments.aspx
Undercover Airman Surprises Mom "Airman disguised as ballplayer surprises mom An airman returning from Afghanistan gives his mom the surprise of her life when he approached her on the field disguised as a baseball player. WYFF’ ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2012/08/27/Undercover-Airman-Surprises-Mom.aspx
Mom Saves Son, Twins Hold Hands, and More! "Mom Risks Paralysis After Saving Son From Burning Building    Rare Set Of Twins Hold Hands In Delivery Room   In Other News: Real Life Truths Every Grad Should Know  Bedside Grad ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2014/05/12/Mom-Saves-Son-Twins-Hold-Hands-and-More!-.aspx
Ever had an "I can't believe I did THAT!" moment? "A guy out golfing in So Cal started a fire with one swing of his club that required 150 firefighters to be called to the scene to fight the fire.... Have you ever had one of those moments???.... If so ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2010/09/01/Ever-had-an-I-cant-believe-I-did-THAT!-moment.aspx
For Mom "Kelli sings the "Mom's Rhapsody" for Mother's Day at Bayside Church.   We are casting for GSN’s “The American Bible Challenge,” a new game show hosted by Jeff Foxworthy. We&rs ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2012/05/15/For-Mom.aspx
What's your "God moment?" "Sharing "God stories" tonight. Ever had a moment when God seemed to "tap on your shoulder" and remind you that He is always there and is always faithful? Share it here!" Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2010/07/29/Whats-your-God-moment.aspx
Home Delivery, News and "Super Mom What?" "Chris August Recaps on Kansas City, MO [mp3:http://files.emfcdn.com/downloads/audio/podcasts/kloveas_podcast7742_20110824.mp3] Chris August is heading to Pheonix, AZ tomorrow. [mp3:http://files.emf ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2011/08/24/Home-Delivery-News-and-Super-Mom-What.aspx
Daughters Surprise Father, Marine Surprises Mom, & Cop Saves Man "Hero Cop Rescues Man From Gas Station Fire    Widowed Dad Gets Surprise Father's Day Getaway From His Daughters And TODAY   Restoration Hardware Sends 17-Pound Catalog; Hilarious Phot ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2014/06/12/Daughters-Surprise-Father-Marine-Surprises-Mom-Cop-Saves-Man.aspx
#RealDadMoments, Grumpy Cat, & Continue Praying For Oregon "Dove Men+Care Calls For Dad #RealDadMoments   Military Father Meets His Twins For First Time In Emotional Reunion   10-Year-Old Genius Graduates High School   Hero Teacher Saved Live ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2014/06/11/RealDadMoments-Grumpy-Cat-Continue-Praying-For-Oregon.aspx
The NFL Could Make a Mom's Dream Come True "The NFL could make one mom's dream come true. Help us LOVE AROUND THE WORLD.   May be time to change passwords. Couple finds Beauty in the Ashes, has twins. Relics unearthed, it may be Jesus' cr ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2013/08/01/The-NLF-Could-Make-a-Moms-Dream-Come-True.aspx
Mom Of Fallen Marine Receives Son's Tribute Flag, Dog Faints With Joy, & 10 Cheap Ways To Beat The Heat! "Fallen Marine's Mom Receives Son's Tribute Flag: 'My Heart Is Finally Healing'    Dog Faints With Joy When Reunited With Owner   In Other News: Caught on Tape: Pilot Erupts With Anger ..." Type: Post http://www.klove.com/blog/scottandkelli/post/2014/07/28/Mom-Of-Fallen-Marine-Receives-Sons-Tribute-Flag-Dog-Faints-With-Joy-10-Cheap-Ways-To-Beat-The-Heat!.aspx
Make a Difference Monday---how are you going MAD?!
Dec 13 2010

Make a Difference Monday---how are you going MAD?!

It's Monday...Make a Difference Monday! How have you gone MAD this week? Has someone done something that brightened your day? Share your experience here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/13/2010 12:11:14 PM
Kelly Jo United States
Kelly Jo
I want to share a true story with you.  I was at church yesterday and a gentleman we'll call Neil sat down with his coffee and cookie to chat.  Our sermon that morning was about the Miracles of God.  He shared with us that he had witnessed a miracle first hand the day before.  You remember Saturday--when blustery was a minor description of the weather (it was brutal here in Omaha NE!)! Neil was going in to Walmart to pick up a prescription.  Outside the door was a man ringing the bell for the Salvation Army.  Neil witnessed a shopper coming in behind him who asked the bell ringer if he had any socks or boots (he was sockless in a pair of slippers).  The bell ringer said "No, these are the only shoes I have."  The shopper took the man into Walmart.  Neil said he saw them head to the men's department.  A few minutes later, they were in line and Neil saw a pair of wool socks, some of those foot warmers for shoes and a pair of boots on the check out lane.  The shopper sat down, helped the bell ringer into all these items and hugged him and said Merry Christmas.  I told Neil that truly is watching a Miracle of God right before your own eyes!
12/13/2010 1:53:50 PM
Wade United States
Wade
I work at Crowder College in Neosho, MO with a great group of "family". One great example is from this morning...while on her way to work, Latonia Bailey noticed a house that was on fire. She stopped to alert the residents who were inside, waking them up and preventing what could have been a real tragedy. Talk about God using you in a powerful way to make a difference!
12/13/2010 2:24:41 PM
Joe United States
Joe
My wife and I lost one of our twin daughters three years ago after my wife was in the hospital on besrest for 7 weeks before our twin girls were born.  We started a foundation to help pregnant women on hospital bedrest.  Tonight after a 12 hour work day she will host a social event (craft night) for the antepartum unit at a Denver hospital.  Small deeds make a big difference!
12/13/2010 2:27:33 PM
Melinda Barton United States
Melinda Barton
While out to dinner recently, a young couple and their baby were seated at a table near us...he was dressed in his Air Force uniform which made me teary eyed thinking of our own daughter who is across the country in tech training for the Air Force studying Explosive Ordnance Disposal...I managed to pull our waitress aside and she worked with me so I could secretly pay for their meal and leave them a note thanking them for their service and sacrifice to our country; out of the corner of my eye, I saw the waitress deliver the note to them as we were leaving the restaurant. What joy to be able to anonymously thank one of our servicemen!
12/13/2010 2:32:41 PM
Michele United States
Michele
Dear Scott and Kelly - I did not even realize it was make a difference Monday until just a few minutes ago, but this morning as I was putting gas in my truck I had someone come up to me and ask who the Marine in my family was, I told him my fiance and he said he was a Marine as well, then he went on to ask if I could help him out, he had just had surgery and was literally walking around with a broken sternum, I listed to him and although I am in dire needs myself I gave him what I had in my wallet which was a $20 which gave him the rest of the money for his hotel or where ever he was staying for the week.  God works in mysterious ways, God knows I need a starter and a transmission for my truck, I am babying it until we can afford the items, I have shut off notices for my cell, water, sewer, public service and cable, let alone next week being Christmas and I have a 7 and 9 year old and 4 grandchildren, but I did not even hesitate to give this man what I had and to me that is God working in my life - so I pray for this man's disability kicks in sooner rather than later since they have kept him waiting for three months now.  God is good and I am blessed.  Thank you for your ministry.  Michele Avery
12/13/2010 2:44:54 PM
Benetta United States
Benetta
I went to our local subway store here in Tucson, Arizona and while waiting in line there were 2 Tucson Police officers ahead of me. I wanted to show them how much I appreciate them serving our city so I asked them if I could pay for their lunch but they said "no, that is okay but thanks for wanting to pay for our lunch". I asked again but again they smiled and said "thank you but we can't". I then went back in line and they paid for their lunch and then left. I ordered my food and when I went to the register to pay, the cashier told me the 2 officers gave her $10.00 to pay for my lunch. I was so touched by their kindness. I just couldn't believe it, here I wanted to bless the officers and they ended up blessing me. Lord bless those 2 kind police officers and keep them safe.
12/13/2010 3:50:40 PM
Heather United States
Heather
As a college student I don't usually have alot of money to MAD in someone's life. The other day I was able to see that I do not need more money before I help others. There is a girl at my school who is an international student. She was talking about a movie that she wanted to go and see but she couldn't becuase she didn't have a car. I know she was hoping someone would offer to take her, but I didn't. Later that night my family invited me to dinner at a resteruant beside the movie theater. It was then that I knew what I had to do. I offered to drive her to the movie and pick her up. She was so thankful and we had a great time talking on the way to the movie. I realized that I didn't need extra money to help someone; I just needed to use what I already had.
12/13/2010 4:12:57 PM
Carla-Eads, TN United States
Carla-Eads, TN
Today, I had called a local roofing comapany to give me an estimate for some storm damage on our roof.  When the 2 gentlemen arrived, my husband noticed that one of them had his wrist and hand bandaged. He was unable to do his regular job(repairing the roof)because he couldn't close his hand due to the swelling and pain.  He was still greatful that he was being allowed to work helping measure for the estimates.  I asked him if he would allow me to see if I could help him.
God has blessed me with the gift of healing (using only my hands over the body).  I worked on him, telling him what he was feeling in certain parts of his hand and wrist-warning him of any pain that might be coming while I was working.  He looked at his co-worker and my husband astonished at the accuracy @ which I was able to tell him what was going on and he kept commenting on how "weird" it was and that he could "feel" me working inside his wrist and hand. Afterwards, he was able to make a fist & rotate his hand without pain.  He asked me how I was able to do that and I replied that this was the gift that God gave me. I told him that I had always prayed for the gift of singing like my Grandmother because people always acknowledged "What a Beautiful Gift you have!".  She would sing in Church & I remember telling my Mother "that is what Angels sound like when they sing!" The gift that I have is truly unique and God always seems to put me where I'm supposed to be, when I'm supposed to be. ( I remember sitting next to a lady in church one Sunday & having a "faraway" headache.  When I asked her if she had a headache, she replied "Yes, how did you know?")  I always tell people it's God's work thru my hands.  I have several Doctor & Nurse clients who can't give "scientific or logical explanations" for what I do.  I thank God everyday for my "weird" gift and am truly humbled by the way that God intricately weaves our lives in and out of others.
12/20/2010 7:34:32 PM
RAMIREZ, MICHELE United States
RAMIREZ, MICHELE
My daugter & I went to Chick-fil-a for lunch, I had a pink cancer cup w/me. The lady who took our order said how she loved the cup, & how she loved the color pink. Well, after we had our lunch, we went & got her the same cup plus a pink cancer recycle bag to go w/it. The expression on her face was speechless!!! I thank God for the chance to be able to to do things like this. one other time my husband & I was parking @ an Wal-Mart,& this lady helped us {she guide us my husband was reversing} the Holy Spirit came over me to give this lady an little glass which had a saying about 'Faith" on it. she cried!!! telling me a story about how GOD has been calling her back to Him by speeking to her about her faith in Him!!! GOD IS TO GOOD, & all we need to do is be obedient to the Holy Spirit when He speeks to us!!! <><
3/13/2011 3:48:54 PM
Amber Durand United States
Amber Durand
Hey Scott and Kelli-
Can you help us spread the word in the Phoenix area? Cornerstone Chandler is doing a Fill the Tent campaign. What is that? I'm glad you asked! We are asking for gently used or new camping gear to be donated for Crossroads Youth Intervention (CRYi). CRYi takes inner city youth from their broken, poor, and unGodly homes to a great wilderness retreat where they learn team building, adventure, and more than anything- the love of Christ. CRYi provides counseling, clothing, food, and tutoring throughout the year at their historical home in downtown Phoenix. They run strictly off donations. And while monetary donations are needed as well- Cornerstone has made it a mission to provide them with the gear for a great wilderness retreat. Please encourage your readers to contact us at www.cryi.org or me directly at montanabettycrocker@yahoo.com to find out more information. Thank you and God Bless!