Dec 13 2010

What treat do you have to have at Christmas?!

It's the season of yummy foods! Experts say there are some foods that are worth the calories. We agree. For Scott, it's Reese's Christmas trees, for Kelli...eggnog. What about you? What treat do you HAVE to have at Christmas?!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (25) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/13/2010 3:24:26 PM
dave england United States
dave england
Hanky Pankys and Hash Brown casserole. Anything really i am on the Nutrisystem diet LOL
12/13/2010 3:24:48 PM
Athena United States
Athena
Hello! Pumpkin pie? Got to have it.
12/13/2010 3:30:38 PM
douglas United States
douglas
Egg nog, all flavors like sugar cookie egg nog
12/13/2010 3:38:45 PM
dave england United States
dave england
I should probably explain hanky pankys sausage, hamburger velveeta cheese spicy mustard on those cocktail breads
12/13/2010 3:51:46 PM
Carla-Eads, TN United States
Carla-Eads, TN
ooohh, Divinity and Fudge!
12/13/2010 5:14:38 PM
Pam Evans United States
Pam Evans
definitely Cella's choc. covered cherries and Ferrero Rocher chocolates.....yummy!!!!
12/13/2010 5:14:39 PM
Ginny illich United States
Ginny illich
They say you are what you eat...  I love fruitcake.
12/13/2010 5:17:37 PM
tamm United States
tamm
Molasses spice cookies.........finally got the recipe from my aunt a few years ago.  She used to make them for Christmas family reunion and hide them so we wouldn't eat them all at once.  There were 25 or more grandchildren after them.  We would search for them over the 2-3 days of the gatherings. Thank God for forgiveness......if we found them....we stole them.....they were that good.  Smile
12/13/2010 5:18:35 PM
Eden United States
Eden
Snow Ice-Cream
12/13/2010 5:20:07 PM
Eden United States
Eden
Snow ice-cream is ice-cream that is made out of snow.
12/13/2010 6:21:11 PM
Lisa Blazek United States
Lisa Blazek
peanut butter roll candy (like Grandma made), and cheezy potatoe casserole
12/13/2010 6:25:50 PM
Randy United States
Randy
I enjoy your station and the music that is provided for us listeners.  I struggled a bit with this topic as it seemed like the indulgence of 'must have' foods that are above and beyond sustenance living nutrition strays from the message of Christmas.  With consumerism so present during this season, I feel like we should be saying to ourselves, "who around my in my neighborhood/co-worker/homeless family or person is missing a meal(s) today'.  Not against eating a treat, just calling it a 'must have' and justifying it with Christmas is hard to listen to when I pass 3 homeless guys on the street on the way home.  I am challenged by this daily, hopefully it does the same for someone else.  Keep the hits playing on K-Love!
12/14/2010 4:55:21 AM
Julie Nelson United States
Julie Nelson
Buckeyes!!!
12/14/2010 9:12:40 AM
Rich Abrams United States
Rich Abrams
My late mother's recipe for Candy Cane Cookies which are more Almond cookies than Peppermint based cookies. If requested by comments, I'll post the recipe here.
12/14/2010 9:26:02 AM
Jessica Cain United States
Jessica Cain
My mom used to make monkey bread every christmas morning.  Only we did not call it monkey bread we called it "rocks".  I have no clue how this started. We used to argue over who got to open the tube of biscuits. (and we would all squeel with joy when the tube **Popped** open)  Now my mom says every christmas morning she gets a call from at least one of us kids asking her to remind us how to make "Rocks" so we can make it for our family and friends.
12/14/2010 11:21:24 AM
Kate United States
Kate
i dont really have to HAVE anything special, but i just LOVE grandma's homemade rolls! Mmm,mmm!
12/14/2010 2:35:09 PM
Thaddaeus Rich United States
Thaddaeus Rich
It would have to be...PUMPKIN PIE! with either vanilla ice cream on top or whip cream. Mmm!
12/14/2010 3:09:36 PM
paige benoit United States
paige benoit
i got to go with scott and say reese's trees, my dad and i have to get them everytime we go to the store.
12/15/2010 5:35:23 AM
Cathy Kvistad United States
Cathy Kvistad
I got to have vegetable pizza. Its calories. Its a pizza that you eat cold. It made with cresent rolls, cream cheese, fresh brocoli, caflower, carrots and shredded cheese. Its easy to make and its good any time of the year.
12/15/2010 12:17:47 PM
Barbara Wilson United States
Barbara Wilson
does anyone out there like mincemeat pie?  I used to make it once in awhile, but hardly anyone in my family liked it.  It is even better with rum or rum flavoring!
12/16/2010 2:38:25 PM
teeks United States
teeks
FUGDE!!!!the recipy on the back of the jet puffed marshmallow fluff jar, o so good! melt in your mouth, just not Christmas without it!!
12/16/2010 3:27:19 PM
Jan United States
Jan
Reese's.  It could be trees, or miniatures, or plain ole regular reese's! They're the BOMB! Smile
12/18/2010 4:05:33 PM
Eden United States
Eden
pepurment candies
12/18/2010 7:39:38 PM
joe United States
joe
starbucks hot coacoa mmmmmmmmm !
12/21/2010 3:40:45 PM
Annaka United States
Annaka
My grandma's cheeseball! It is a family tradition and I've had it every Christmas since I was really young. I tell her every Christmas that it's the best cheeseball ever!