Sep 15 2009

Christian Music has come so far!!

I don't know about you, but I have always loved music, and being able to listen to a station like KLOVE is awesome!  I am blown away by the music from artists like Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Casting Crowns, Tenth Ave. North, Chris Tomlin, Francesca Battestelli, Crowder, Mattehew West and on and on I could go!  What amazes me is how far Christian music has come in the past 30 years!

Being that KLOVE is entirely Listener Supported it is you that is owed the thanks for a station KLOVE!  Thanks so much for making KLOVE a reality!  I am not sure what we would all be listening to, if it wasn't for your support!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Sep 14 2009

Kanye West flagged for Unsportsman like conduct!

Last night at the MTV VMA Awards Kanye West through a tantrum when Taylor Swift won for best Female Video.  He got up on stage and blasted her saying that Beyonce should have won the award.  This seems to be a patteren of behavior for Kanye, and the unfortunate thing is it's a display of poor sportmanship.  Perhaps as bad, Serena Williams had an ugly outburst at the US Open yesterday, again another poor display of sportsmanship.  As much as we would like to throw the book at Kanye, or Serena, I think we all have our moments when good sportsmanship goes out the window.

Their poor behavior was much more public than ours, but I imagine that most of us have had our "moments".  Shining our light as believers isn't always easy, if it was I suppose that there may be a lot more people who would be following Christ.  As a believer, Christ calls to a life of service and self sacrafice.  Watching someone else's failure is many times a reminder of my own failures, and I am reminded of the incredible grace that Jesus extends toward us, even at our very worst.

That is the Good News that the world needs to know about, and we have the incredible privalage of telling them about it.  Ironically enough, today's KLOVE Encouraging Word is a reminder to all of us, Matthew 5:13 says, "You are the salt of the Earth, but what good is it, if salt loses it's flavor?"  The whole world may not see our bad behavior, but there is always someone watching that God has charged us with reaching.  My prayer is that I don't fail God, and live my life for His Glory even when I think no one is watching!!!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Sep 14 2009

Hey We Have a NEW Scott and Kelli Blog!!!

Hey Guys!

Welcome to our new Scott and Kelli blog.  We will update the Scott and Kelli blog daily, and we'll share everything from random thoughts and breaks from the show... to fun pictures and videos that we think you might enjoy.  We would also love to know what you would like to see... So feel free to chime in with your thoughts!  We hope that you enjoy the blog and THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!!!

oops... You can tell it's day one on the blog... I didn't mean to put this picture of just me up :) LOL... Oh well!  Thank God for tomorrows!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (27) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
What treat do you have to have at Christmas?!
Dec 13 2010

What treat do you have to have at Christmas?!

It's the season of yummy foods! Experts say there are some foods that are worth the calories. We agree. For Scott, it's Reese's Christmas trees, for Kelli...eggnog. What about you? What treat do you HAVE to have at Christmas?!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (25) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/13/2010 3:24:26 PM
dave england United States
dave england
Hanky Pankys and Hash Brown casserole. Anything really i am on the Nutrisystem diet LOL
12/13/2010 3:24:48 PM
Athena United States
Athena
Hello! Pumpkin pie? Got to have it.
12/13/2010 3:30:38 PM
douglas United States
douglas
Egg nog, all flavors like sugar cookie egg nog
12/13/2010 3:38:45 PM
dave england United States
dave england
I should probably explain hanky pankys sausage, hamburger velveeta cheese spicy mustard on those cocktail breads
12/13/2010 3:51:46 PM
Carla-Eads, TN United States
Carla-Eads, TN
ooohh, Divinity and Fudge!
12/13/2010 5:14:38 PM
Pam Evans United States
Pam Evans
definitely Cella's choc. covered cherries and Ferrero Rocher chocolates.....yummy!!!!
12/13/2010 5:14:39 PM
Ginny illich United States
Ginny illich
They say you are what you eat...  I love fruitcake.
12/13/2010 5:17:37 PM
tamm United States
tamm
Molasses spice cookies.........finally got the recipe from my aunt a few years ago.  She used to make them for Christmas family reunion and hide them so we wouldn't eat them all at once.  There were 25 or more grandchildren after them.  We would search for them over the 2-3 days of the gatherings. Thank God for forgiveness......if we found them....we stole them.....they were that good.  Smile
12/13/2010 5:18:35 PM
Eden United States
Eden
Snow Ice-Cream
12/13/2010 5:20:07 PM
Eden United States
Eden
Snow ice-cream is ice-cream that is made out of snow.
12/13/2010 6:21:11 PM
Lisa Blazek United States
Lisa Blazek
peanut butter roll candy (like Grandma made), and cheezy potatoe casserole
12/13/2010 6:25:50 PM
Randy United States
Randy
I enjoy your station and the music that is provided for us listeners.  I struggled a bit with this topic as it seemed like the indulgence of 'must have' foods that are above and beyond sustenance living nutrition strays from the message of Christmas.  With consumerism so present during this season, I feel like we should be saying to ourselves, "who around my in my neighborhood/co-worker/homeless family or person is missing a meal(s) today'.  Not against eating a treat, just calling it a 'must have' and justifying it with Christmas is hard to listen to when I pass 3 homeless guys on the street on the way home.  I am challenged by this daily, hopefully it does the same for someone else.  Keep the hits playing on K-Love!
12/14/2010 4:55:21 AM
Julie Nelson United States
Julie Nelson
Buckeyes!!!
12/14/2010 9:12:40 AM
Rich Abrams United States
Rich Abrams
My late mother's recipe for Candy Cane Cookies which are more Almond cookies than Peppermint based cookies. If requested by comments, I'll post the recipe here.
12/14/2010 9:26:02 AM
Jessica Cain United States
Jessica Cain
My mom used to make monkey bread every christmas morning.  Only we did not call it monkey bread we called it "rocks".  I have no clue how this started. We used to argue over who got to open the tube of biscuits. (and we would all squeel with joy when the tube **Popped** open)  Now my mom says every christmas morning she gets a call from at least one of us kids asking her to remind us how to make "Rocks" so we can make it for our family and friends.
12/14/2010 11:21:24 AM
Kate United States
Kate
i dont really have to HAVE anything special, but i just LOVE grandma's homemade rolls! Mmm,mmm!
12/14/2010 2:35:09 PM
Thaddaeus Rich United States
Thaddaeus Rich
It would have to be...PUMPKIN PIE! with either vanilla ice cream on top or whip cream. Mmm!
12/14/2010 3:09:36 PM
paige benoit United States
paige benoit
i got to go with scott and say reese's trees, my dad and i have to get them everytime we go to the store.
12/15/2010 5:35:23 AM
Cathy Kvistad United States
Cathy Kvistad
I got to have vegetable pizza. Its calories. Its a pizza that you eat cold. It made with cresent rolls, cream cheese, fresh brocoli, caflower, carrots and shredded cheese. Its easy to make and its good any time of the year.
12/15/2010 12:17:47 PM
Barbara Wilson United States
Barbara Wilson
does anyone out there like mincemeat pie?  I used to make it once in awhile, but hardly anyone in my family liked it.  It is even better with rum or rum flavoring!
12/16/2010 2:38:25 PM
teeks United States
teeks
FUGDE!!!!the recipy on the back of the jet puffed marshmallow fluff jar, o so good! melt in your mouth, just not Christmas without it!!
12/16/2010 3:27:19 PM
Jan United States
Jan
Reese's.  It could be trees, or miniatures, or plain ole regular reese's! They're the BOMB! Smile
12/18/2010 4:05:33 PM
Eden United States
Eden
pepurment candies
12/18/2010 7:39:38 PM
joe United States
joe
starbucks hot coacoa mmmmmmmmm !
12/21/2010 3:40:45 PM
Annaka United States
Annaka
My grandma's cheeseball! It is a family tradition and I've had it every Christmas since I was really young. I tell her every Christmas that it's the best cheeseball ever!