Nov 25 2009

Thanksgiving dinner calorie calculator

Thanksgiving is notorious for food---LOTS of food! Wanna know how much you will have to exercise to work off Thanksgiving dinner? Check out this calculator---if you dare!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (4) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Nov 24 2009

Scott's Infamous Turkey

Hey Everybody! I have had so many requests for how I cook my Thanksgiving turkey, so I thought I would post it here for you! So here goes! Take your turkey, after you have thawed it out, pull all the giblets out, don't want to forget those! Take a stick of butter at and mix it with minced garlic, crushed red pepper, and some dried thyme. Mix the ingredients together. Once you have dried the turkey off and toweled out the cavity. Take a pairing knife and make small slits in between the ribs into the breast of the turkey. Lift the skin of the turkey and make some small slits into the breast, make sure that you also make these slits in the front of the breast too, where the neck attaches. Then use your fingers to take the butter mixture and wedge it up into the slits that you have made into the turkey breast. Save some of the mixture to tuck under the skin around the thighs and legs. Then when roasting, as directed on your turkey label, be sure to tent your roasting pan with foil, until it's time to remove it and brown the skin. Check back every so often and use the turkey juices to baste your turkey breast. I always stuff the turkey with a little dressing to add to the other stuffing, it moistens everything up and adds lots of flavor. I will also use some of the juice from the turkey pan to moisten the stuffing. It is delicious!!! Enjoy and have a Great Thanksgiving!!!
Nov 23 2009

Black Friday Survival Tips

If you are a brave shopper and plan on hitting the stores on Black Friday, we found some great tips that can help you get the best deals and stretch your dollar!

Happy shopping!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
To regift or not to regift? That is the question...!
Dec 15 2010

To regift or not to regift? That is the question...!

Tomorrow is National Regifting Day! Okay...be honest...have you ever regifted? Received a gift that was obviously regifted? Tell us about it!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/15/2010 3:43:59 PM
Nick United States
Nick
Scott,
Braces don't Hurt to much Smile
12/15/2010 4:13:26 PM
Barb Larson United States
Barb Larson
My sister needed a tiolet brush.
My dad regifted his tiolet brush.
12/15/2010 4:32:25 PM
Amy Read United States
Amy Read
Regarding the question of regifting, I'd like to submit this thought for consideration:  If someone were to give me $20 for a birthday present and I am short on cash and use that $20 to buy another friend a gift, have I regifted? It seems to me that would have, but no one thinks anything about it.  Now, if I received a $20 pair of earrings in a color I don't care for but a friend of mine would wear, and I give them to her rather than take cash to buy her another pair of earrings, have I regifted?  Yes, but what is wrong with that?  We regift love, time, acts of kindness all the time and that is all a present is any way you look at it.  I see no harm in regifting if it is a gift that reflects and honors the friendship of the original giver and the new recipient.  From one set of hands to another...it's a good thing.  Thoughtlessness has no place with brand new gifts or regifted ones.  It's the spirit of the gift that makes it.
12/15/2010 4:41:56 PM
Ben Meador United States
Ben Meador
I got a chuckle about the re-gifting conversations. For many years, My family  re-gifted a fruitcake to somebody in the family. I think it even went to my aunt and uncle in Singapore. We always wondered when somebody would eat it, but I don't believe any of us had the courage!!
12/16/2010 1:29:22 PM
Kate United States
Kate
tee-hee.....of corse everyone regifts some time or another!
12/16/2010 3:57:14 PM
Cher'rie United States
Cher'rie
Ok I have two stories!
I was given back a present I gave my Mother-in-Law the next year for Christmas! LOL

One  year I gave my husband the same Wiley Cyote slippers I gave my Step- Dad the Christmas before he Died!
1/7/2011 5:50:39 PM
Joshua United States
Joshua
I used to think that you were supposed to regift as a little kid. In short, my parents always got a tiny pair of spideman pajamas as a gift