Dec 15 2010

To regift or not to regift? That is the question...!

Tomorrow is National Regifting Day! Okay...be honest...have you ever regifted? Received a gift that was obviously regifted? Tell us about it!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/15/2010 3:43:59 PM
Nick United States
Nick
Scott,
Braces don't Hurt to much Smile
12/15/2010 4:13:26 PM
Barb Larson United States
Barb Larson
My sister needed a tiolet brush.
My dad regifted his tiolet brush.
12/15/2010 4:32:25 PM
Amy Read United States
Amy Read
Regarding the question of regifting, I'd like to submit this thought for consideration:  If someone were to give me $20 for a birthday present and I am short on cash and use that $20 to buy another friend a gift, have I regifted? It seems to me that would have, but no one thinks anything about it.  Now, if I received a $20 pair of earrings in a color I don't care for but a friend of mine would wear, and I give them to her rather than take cash to buy her another pair of earrings, have I regifted?  Yes, but what is wrong with that?  We regift love, time, acts of kindness all the time and that is all a present is any way you look at it.  I see no harm in regifting if it is a gift that reflects and honors the friendship of the original giver and the new recipient.  From one set of hands to another...it's a good thing.  Thoughtlessness has no place with brand new gifts or regifted ones.  It's the spirit of the gift that makes it.
12/15/2010 4:41:56 PM
Ben Meador United States
Ben Meador
I got a chuckle about the re-gifting conversations. For many years, My family  re-gifted a fruitcake to somebody in the family. I think it even went to my aunt and uncle in Singapore. We always wondered when somebody would eat it, but I don't believe any of us had the courage!!
12/16/2010 1:29:22 PM
Kate United States
Kate
tee-hee.....of corse everyone regifts some time or another!
12/16/2010 3:57:14 PM
Cher'rie United States
Cher'rie
Ok I have two stories!
I was given back a present I gave my Mother-in-Law the next year for Christmas! LOL

One  year I gave my husband the same Wiley Cyote slippers I gave my Step- Dad the Christmas before he Died!
1/7/2011 5:50:39 PM
Joshua United States
Joshua
I used to think that you were supposed to regift as a little kid. In short, my parents always got a tiny pair of spideman pajamas as a gift