Dec 16 2010

Ever felt far from God?

Our friend Shaylene has chosen to walk away from God. She is at a place where she feels that God is not hearing her prayers. Have you been there? If you've got some encouragement for Shaylene, thanks for sharing it. Thanks for praying. God loves her and He is faithful.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (18) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/16/2010 5:45:03 PM
Valerie I United States
Valerie I
I have been there many days...here is something God shared with me that has helped me.

God spoke to me about how our walk with him relates to running.  There are days when I don’t feel I have the energy to run as far as I want to.  I am tired and I just want to stop.  But instead of stopping and giving up, I slow down and start walking.  I walk until I feel ready to start running again.  I do this several times until I’ve run the goal I set.  Sometimes in our walk with God, we get tired and discouraged; there are days when we want to just quit.  It’s too hard or we feel that we aren’t getting anywhere.  God showed me that just as I don’t quit when on the treadmill but keep pushing forward, that when we rest in Him, He’ll give us the strength to continue. Keep running the race!
12/16/2010 6:01:05 PM
Deborah United States
Deborah
Shaylene don't throw God out!!! Big mistake!!! i was diagnosed with breast cancer in June right after having gone thru a Hysterectomy. I was devastated but had I not known Christ it would have been so much worse. I couldn't understand WHY i was going thru this so close to my other surgery. Long story short my cancer was missed last year and it was Stage 3 and had spread to my lymph nodes. The doctors told me they would have to do a mastectomy after 5 months of chemo. I went thru the chemo and PRAISE GOD after all the prayers I did remarkable and the MRI no longer shows the mass and the lymph nodes are a normal persons size. I will now have a lumpectomy instead on Dec. 28th. I also lost my very best friend to breast cancer in Sept. It has been a difficult year but I know God is always there for me and he WILL answer our prayers. Please don't turn your back on him. He loves us so much.Life is so short and can be gone in the blink of an eye. This journey has brought me and my family back close again so I thank him daily and I know he is going to heal me. I've already prayed for you and will continue.
12/16/2010 6:21:08 PM
Staci United States
Staci
I am 35 and I have a thirteen year old daughter. Three years my very, horribly abusive husband committed suicide after trying to kill me. I was married for thirteen years and it was hard for me to see any hope,but I did I found Jesus and He transformed me. I have spent the last three years living only for Him. It has not been easy.A couple of weeks ago I started getting sad and depressed again. Even though I have my daughter and many friends I am lonely all the time. I blamed this on God because I felt like he abandoned me. I have spent the last three years living only for Him and my daughter so why is He allowing me to still be alone. I,like you decided it would be easier to not be a christian any more and I made the choice to forget Jesus and I even told Him this. The next day I went to work and my very best friend who has two small boys told us she has cancer. Not once did she blame God. All she said was that she has been asking Jesus to use her and she feels this was his answer. She feels like cancer is going to open many doors for her to share the gospel.We were all bawling our eyes out and she was smiling telling us to be happy for her because Jesus is using her. What an amazing woman. I no longer have doubts that Jesus has me exactly where he wants me.Shaylene you are where Jesus wants you.Please don't give up Jesus has so many blessings for you believe me He loves you so much.My beautiful sister I am praying for you and I know a bunch of amazing prayer warriors that are also praying for you you are never alone.
12/16/2010 6:26:37 PM
peter United States
peter
Dont give up. I have been through many dark valleys.I never gave up on God and He sure did not let me go. Keep hanging on to Gods love, my friend,.He will never give up on you.
12/16/2010 6:29:58 PM
Amanda Gowin United States
Amanda Gowin
Shaylene, I heard about your crisis of faith, your feeling alone and I needed to share with you from my heart. I was raised in church all my life, accepted Jesus into my heart at age 6, but as a child and teen suffered a lot of heartache over my father leaving my mom and I and feeling rejected by him. Looking for love in all the wrong places I married a boy right out of high school who was a carbon copy of my dad. At 20 I was divorced and devastated. I felt so alone and so broken. I felt emotionally dead. I would lie on my bed listening to my heart beat in amazement. How could I be alive when I felt so dead. I had tried to take my life on a few occaisions, but the Lord had spoken to my heart and I couldn't do it. I had begged Him to let me die, and He wouldn't do it. I couldn't do it anymore, I couldn't fight anymore. I sat up and screamed at God. "What do you want from me? I can't do this anymore! You won't let me die, I don't know what to do. What do you want from me?!" I was finally fully surrendering to Him. Finally out of complete exhaustion asking Him what He wanted. In a very loud almost audible voice inside me I heard very clearly "What is your name?" I thought that is the problem, God doesn't even know my name! But I stopped myself and realized this was a serious thing and no time for my sarcastic humor. I answered out loud "Amanda" Then again inside of me so loud almost audible "What does your name mean?" I answered "Worthy to be loved" As I said it, it hit me. That was it. I had always felt unworthy to be loved, but that was what my name meant. I heard the Lord speak to me again. "I picked your name and whispered it to your parents hearts because I knew you would need to know you were worthy to be loved. I love you." It seemed so overwhelmingly simple and I fell back on my bed crying and weeping feeling the layers of pain and deadness peel away from me. Like layers of an onion. Shaylene, I shared this experience to tell you God knows your pain. He knew before you were born what you would need, and will provide it for you. He will never leave you. He understands your questions, your pain, even your anger at Him. He is love and is just waiting to hold you close and take all the bad away. You just have to surrender to Him. I got closer to God. And the girl who felt I had no hope and no future has a wonderful husband and beautiful baby boy now. I prayed every day when I was pregnant for my baby to be healthy and have a good life. I had no idea he had a serious birth defect. When he was born he almost died and was whisked away from us to be taken to another hospital to be helped. I knew at that moment God and I would talk later about how this happened, but I dug in with my faith for my son's life then. Later when I asked God about it, He told me every prayer was answered. He was making my baby strong enough to make it through all the surgeries and to survive all that came His way. He has given my son miracle after miracle and he is perfectly healthy when all the medical world stands in disbelief. He wasn't supposed to live let alone be perfect. As long as there is a devil in this world bad things will happen, people will let you down, but God is God. He is the great I AM. He never changes, and He is always loving you. I hope my testimonies have helped. You aren't alone, God is there, and we are praying for you. Don't run from him, Shaylene, run to Him. Trust me, its the only way. He is the only way.
12/16/2010 6:57:17 PM
Vera United States
Vera
My cousin wrote this in my journal a few years ago…. Faith is not Knowing God can, it is knowing God WILL!  I read this often as I’m pursuing my goals and experiencing hardship.

Being only 26 yrs old, I’ve been through a lot, more than anyone can imagine. I’ve been there before, when I’ve questioned God. I’ve had ups and downs in my life and I know how it feels to walk through the “downs”  It’s not easy! But imagine how hard it would have been if I didn’t have Jesus Christ carrying me through the hard and difficult times. Remember the footprints poem “ My precious child, I love you and never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

My faith has been tested many times over the years, and God continues to do so! Sometimes I feel saying “forget it! I’ve tried once and didn’t make it, so why should I try again” and “where were you God when I needed you”  As I continue not to give up, I’ve realized God hears our prayers, and answers according to his Desires and according to His Will… not our will but His Will! I encourage you to pray that your heart’s desires are the same of God’s desires for you and for your future.  Believe with all your heart, in his perfect timing...his plans will shine!  We may not understand why God has us placed us in this situation, or why God has us go through this hardship; but as we continue to live, God’s plan will start to unfold.   God will continue to test our faith in unexpected ways, and to prove our devotion and faith to him, we will ask the Holy Spirit to give us knowledge, wisdom, and the strength to stay strong and not give up!

I encourage you to trust and believe with all your heart! May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be (St. Therese’s Prayer).  Don’t give up on God because he’s not giving up on you. He will always be here for you when you’re ready to talk with him. Give God all your troubles, doubts, and fears; he’ll know what to do with them. God will carry you in your time of need and he is your strength in your weakness! ( Kutless, “everything I need” Listen to the lyrics and let the words of this song settle into your heart and soul!  Remember… with God all things are Possible (Matthew 19:26)
12/16/2010 8:28:12 PM
Norma United States
Norma
Hello Shaylene,

Please don't walk away from God, the devil is testing you and filling your mind with negative thoughts. Don't let him win that battle, stay close to God and grab on tight. The scripture that helps me get through my battles is in Ephesians 6:10-18. Let God handle the battles in your life and you can stand and watch besides him as he claims victory. Remember for God all things are possible, don't give up on God.
12/16/2010 8:38:48 PM
kylie United States
kylie
struggling right now with how to say what I want to say or if to say it at all after reading all the other comments. I have had no major traumatic events in my life, nothing out of the ordinary, grew up in a Christian home, accepted Him at a young age,  yet I struggle with depression and have unknowingly for probably my whole life. The first time I became aware of it found me walking around my college campus alone at night not caring if anything happened to me, kind of wanting it to, then feeling like driving my car off the road. I leaned on my church family for support, called out to God to save me, wondered why He just wouldn't let me come home to Him. I realized that God doesn't cause the bad stuff to happen. He gave us all free will and some choose to do bad and bad things happen to good people but His grace is enough, though sometimes just barely, to get us through, like the footprints poem, it is then that He carries us. I got through it. even went off my medication, then, after 6 years med free wound up messed up again. had been sensing symptoms, trying to fight them, ignore them on my own. let it get too bad. Am on a new med now cuz the old one didn't work any more and struggling every day to make it through. some days are good. others not so much. wonder why this is happening again and what I did so wrong to deserve it. but God is good. Feelings are not always truthful. and satan uses our weaknesses to try to pull us away. I choose to fight him daily, minute by minute if I have to. I am loved by God, I mean a great deal to Him, Jesus died for me. When the feelings overwhelm you hang on to God's truth. commit a meaningful verse to memery and repeat it over and over to remind you of the truth about God that you need the most. I pray for you, that you find rest in the shadow of His wings. And thanks KLove for helping me through the darkness.
12/16/2010 9:14:58 PM
Andrea United States
Andrea
Shaylene,
don't give up.  today your story touched my heart and today your story encouraged me to speak up for the first time.  God has a purpose for all of us and we don't alway know what or when.  God used you today Shaylene.  He used you to talk to me, to share my story.  It brings tears to my eyes to share because I know that I'm not completely healed and that I still have pain, but i'm working on handing it completely over to God, i'm working on it with his help.

What I want to share is that I had prayed to God for over 10 years for one thing as a child.  As a child you have a hope and you hold on to it and at the age of 23, God answered my prayer.  I was a victim of child molestation; I have a bad memory so I don't remember all the details but what haunteded me was a reoccurring nightmare that I would have.  I have it up until I was 23.  One day I woke up and I felt an amazing sense of tranquility.  I knew I wasn't going to have it any more. im 32 now, and as I said im not completely healed from what happened but i only asked God to help get rid of that nightmare and God answered my prayers.  Why he waited so many years, only he knows, but what i think, is that it molded me and changed my perception of the world and people at the apporpriate time.  had he done it sooner i may have lived with remorse, regret, and anger.  but not now.  before i didn't want to raise a family, but soon afer my prayer was answered, i met my huband who is also loves God and together we've been blessed with 2 wonderful children.  Again, i'm not completely healed, i have tough days, my husband goes through these tough days with me, but God knew what he was doing.  he saved me. and he sent me my husband and children who are my daily encouragement. I know God he has a purpose for you....pray for more patience, pray for comfort, pray to trust in him and pray that he will help you hand it all over to him, say those words. God today I hand over my anger, today I hand over my sadness, today I will let you guide me.

from your loving sister in christ.
12/17/2010 11:21:35 AM
Dave United States
Dave
Shaylene-
Hang in there.  Just know that God loves you simply from all of these great people pulling for you and showing they care. THat is God at work!! No matter what you are going through, God will love you, and so will all the friends in your life, the ones you know and even those you don't!
12/17/2010 11:40:07 AM
Carrie United States
Carrie
On Sunday night, we had a message on James 4:8, which says "Come near to God and he will come near to you."

What an amazing fact - a closer walk with God is what He desires for us, and all it takes is for us to make that step to draw close to Him.

"Just a closer walk with Thee, granted Jesus is my plea, daily walking close to Thee, let it be dear Lord, let it be."

No matter where you walk, He's always with you. Remember that.

12/17/2010 2:25:48 PM
Terry Paul-Smith United States
Terry Paul-Smith
Hi Scott and Kelli,
My name is Terry Paul-Smith and I am from Tucson, Arizona. I have been listening to the two of you for quite some time. I have to share my story with you because I feel that with out the two of you on K-Love in the afternoons, I do not think that I could have made. I had been home bound and wheel chair bound for the last four years. I had sever pain and I could not walk more than 10 feet or sit up more than 10 minutes at a time. During the worst of my illness, I could not stand to hear the T.V. so I would listen to your show on k-love. I could not get out to church very much at all during this time and every day no matter the pain, and how bad it was your encouraging words were always there. I am weeping now as I remember. Our God is a great and awesome God. You see on the 12th of Jan this year 2010 I had a gastric by pass surgery, and the Lord rose me up from the dead. You see I have lost 105 pounds I no longer have the pain I can walk 2 to 3 miles a day and I am returning to work and also school. I even pledge $40.00 a month during my illness and the Lord always took care of me. I want to return to my first sentence of thanks for the two of you following after what god has put in your hearts and obeying the Lord even when It may not feel good or right.
I do listen every afternoon still and am so great full to the both of you and to the ministry of k-love.
May God bless you in this season of his birth.
Keep on keep in on
Love in Christ, your sister
Terry Paul-Smith
PS. A year ago the docs told me I would not see my 50th birthday, I am fifty as of October 28th
12/17/2010 4:42:55 PM
william United States
william
God never abandones his beloved children. He has not left you but is giving you a little test of faith. Kinda like throwing your child into the deep end of the pool after a few swimming lessons. You may start to struggle and flail in the water and not know what to do so you call to your father to help you but he seems to be ignoring you but still has his eyes on you. And as you are still trying on your own you call to him again. And this time he knows when it is time to reach down and grab you in his arms and let you know its okay daddy has you. Just as the Lord will raise you up and let you know it's okay the Father has you. He has never left you please keep praying with no doubt and all glory to him in your faith knw in your heart believe God can heal you. I will keep you in my prayers may God smile on you and you will know he is there always,always.
12/20/2010 10:31:04 AM
Patrice United States
Patrice
Shaylene,

Our God is truly an awesome God.  His love is absolute and unconditional. When you get to the dark place, remember that he sacrificed His only son to give us the gift of eternal life.  Can you inagine His pain?  Yet it happened.  It is through pain and trial that our faith and conviction grow, and we are able to recognize his mercy and grace.  Hold on to your belief and God, pray, and He will see you through.
12/20/2010 7:35:01 PM
Victoria United States
Victoria
Shyalene,

I understand how you are feeling. I often feel like that myself. Like I am so far from God and that he doesn't hear me. The thing is that I know that is Satan attacking me. I know in my heart that God is the only One I can truly count on, the only One who truly LOVES me just as I am. Not despite who I am but because of who I am because He made me to be this person and I am special to him. On days when I feel like I just can't hang on, I thank God because I know that, while I may not be able to hang on, He will never let me go. I Love the Lord and I know that He Loves Me. And on many days just knowing that is more than enough to get me through the day. I will be praying for you.
12/22/2010 4:36:19 PM
Jessica Kays United States
Jessica Kays
For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you.  He is your example and you must follow in His steps.  He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone.  1 Peter 2: 21-22.

I was crawling on my knees for such a long time.  I felt I had been through so many heartaches and trials in life that I didn't deserve, I was always asking why me.  I finally crawled until I reached God's doorstep and instead of running away like always before, I decided to knock.  The physical fulfillments of this world are none compared to those of the holy spirit; the human heart is the most deceiving of all things.  Don't get lost in this world with all the temptations around us.  Don't forget that God makes everything and everyone.  He doesn't make mistakes.  Never lose sight of who it is He wants you to be.  It's His will for our lives, not our own.  Romans 8:28.
1/4/2011 1:34:41 PM
hayley United States
hayley
I've been there many times and it was really hard. It took me about 3 months to get back to the point like where I felt like I knew God again. All I did was I kept praying and waiting. I also tried top have faith but sometimes it was hard. Sometimes i just had to sit in my own little corner in my room and do something by my self. So just try to keep faith and keep praying and you will eventully feel close to him again. Trust me it takes awhile. So just keep praying
1/5/2011 4:45:52 PM
Stephanie Pretty Boy United States
Stephanie Pretty Boy
I am there now! I do not know how to ask the Lord to enter into my shattered heart. I want to be close to Him and experience His love for myself. I have tried so many times and failed. Just go back to His loving arms...He is waiting for you. Though I am not saved, I do know he loves every one of us unconditionally. And I do know life without Him is not much of a life at all. I am 18 years old and will be graduating in May. I go to church off and on and love every minute of it. God is so amazing! When I die will I be proud of the way I lived my life? Honestly I can say no. Someday I will be able to answer yes. God bless Shaylene!