Jan 20 2011

Special guest today! - Sam Hancock

We had the privilegde of talking with Sam Hancock - the lead singer of the band Luminate. Their song “Come Home” is on K-LOVE and their debut self-titled album releases next Tuesday.

Sam talked about his life, family, love, and their upcoming album.

Listen to the entire interview: segment 1, segment 2, segment 3, and segment 4.

1/20/2011 6:35:56 PM
Issac Brown United States
Issac Brown
I really enjoyed hearing your interview with Sam Cook today. I really love the words to their new song "Come Home." It inspired me to put it to a slideshow once I heard about Ted Williams. I was riding to work one morning and heard this song and Ted Williams came to my mind and I went home that day after work and began to find pictures to put together a slideshow using that song. In hopes to touch someone’s life and understand that no matter the depth in which you've fallen God's arms are never to short to reach you. I hope you all like it.

1/21/2011 9:06:35 AM
Annmarie United States
Annmarie
Thank you for all you do.
I wanted to ask you if you would please take American Idol and worldly TV shows off your topic list.  The listeners of KLove do not need to hear about that show or any shows that are similar.  They do not seek to glorify God. Rather, they seek to glorify themselves.  As you are encouraging the listeners to listen to only Christian music, this clearly compromises this goal.
Please honor this request.
Annmarie Griffith
1/21/2011 1:27:22 PM
Jennifer Schooley United States
Jennifer Schooley
I was so jazzed to hear the interview with Sam Hancock.  The first time I heard "Come Home" I was driving home from work, knowing I was going to lose my job, knowing my life was not where it should be, knowing I had no idea how I was going to take care of my three boys without the job that was killing me... Knowing I had no idea what to do next.  That song just hit me straight in the heart.  The line that is, for me, so incredible powerful is where it says, "Your Father's screaming, 'Just come home'."

To think of my heavenly Father screaming for me to come home... wow... even now, it brings tears to my eyes.

I wondered about the story behind the song... now I know.  Thank you so much.

And... yes... I did lose my job just before Christmas.  So I'm job hunting and trusting my Father who screams for me to come home, to lead me to the right job.

Jennifer
1/23/2011 12:28:00 PM
zaNa, Ms. Sloane United States
zaNa, Ms. Sloane
i LOVE YOUiGiVEall2LOVEiHEARD A SONG ON 89.5 cominGHOME from worship and the LOVEwordLOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH&You KNOW MY WORDStill StANDs&ALWAYS WIll. i SHAll ALWAYS BELONG2LOVE@CHRiSt jESus@i SHA..LL ALWAYS StAND BY my WORD, B/c i, ONLY BECAUSE, i BELONG2LOVE CHRiStjESustRUTHOSANNAourLORDourLOVELOVELOVELOVE1!it iS QUITE A GiFt WOUiLDN't you SAY DOLLY LOVE, darliNG lovE, my darliNG LOVE/lovES. wE ARE ALL 1iN CHRiStjESus darling/darlings AND witH tHAt sAiD IiLOVE YOU ALWAYS.i Am tURNED2WHERE i GO, i MUStGO, MARK 10:23 With God All Things Are Possile, AS ARE myEYES! SEElovE-23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, *" How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God! 25 " It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needel than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 27 But Jesus looked at them and said,@" With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." -And with tHat said i Am AN iNStRUMENtOFcHRiSt, we MUSt AllOW OUR LORD2SPEAK taKE WHAtiGiVE&ALLOW ouRLOVELORDCHRiStjESus2S@CsPEAFK2u@my sweet lOVElYfriend/tHiS iS WHERE i LOVE, in CHRiStjESus,
tTtHiS iS HOW i LOVE(iN CHRiSt JESus)tHiS iS WHEREiLiVE1!!@!IN CHRIST t JESUSour saviOr lives our savior LOVES, our savior iS ALWAYS tHERE FOR me@!!!and tHE CLOCKtickS iN MY EYE AS tHE HANDStURN@IiDOlove LOVE yoU LOVE@MY SAViOR@1LOVES2#AmySAViOR LiVES@LVitERZANEiLOVEyOU
WHERE EVERYWHEREtHAt LOVESitS LOVESitS@FLOWS@BREAtHS EVERYWHERE/BREAtHED ON uYOU&iALVitERZANE@tHANK YOUiLOVEyOU,@VERY@VERY MUCH@i tRUELY CAN NOt CONVEY HOW GRATEFUL i AM4youR lovE&toleraNce@i LOVE yOu@U
1/23/2011 3:10:34 PM
Daniel S. United States
Daniel S.
Great interview Scott and Kelli! Nice to hear about a new Christian artist.
1/24/2011 2:12:51 PM
Wisconsinite Mongolia
Wisconsinite
Haha, I do not have Facebook, so I shall post here... Kelly, you need to root for the Packers.  It is a must. ;)  We are going to win this thing. =D

;)
1/24/2011 5:16:15 PM
Kelly salms United States
Kelly salms
Hey I just wanted to say I listen u  people a lot.mostly in the morning before school it helps remind me how to remember why I am here (on earth) to surve god and with what god tell u to say helps me I am so happy for klove
1/24/2011 5:33:03 PM
Riley Harrison United States
Riley Harrison

I just wanted to share, ive been struggling to find a word for 2011...but i think i have it and i wanted to share it with you guys.
Replenish-to make full or complete again

i want to reach out to the people that are broken and hurting and fill them up with the love of God.
1/27/2011 1:19:44 PM
Christy Boone United States
Christy Boone
Sunrise blessed me at a time in my life when I need to hold on to the Lord the most. My husband & I were going through a divorce and I never prayed for restoration, all I prayed for was for everyone to be happy and that God's will be done. Even though I was hurting and my husband was being ugly and mean, all that I would say was "all I want is for you to be happy" The sermon the day before our final hearing was "It's not over until God says it is over" and after the service, my Pastor got up and said we are not done "if you have a doctors appointment this week, come down and have someone pray with you, if you have a court hearing, come down and have someone pray with you". I was about to DIE! I had a couple pray with me, and again I just asked them to pray that God's will be done. Even though I was hurting inside and in pain, I truly only wanted God's will to be done". All I could hold onto was the word from SUNRISE
"All you need is a sunrise
Just a moment of dawn
If you're lost in the twilight
Close your eyes and move on
When you're tired in the waiting
Even though it's gonna take you
A little more time
Just a little more time the sun's gonna find you"
We had our hearing, and I walked out of the courtroom. 7 days later, my husband called me and asked for me to come and talk with him and I did. He cried and said he made a huge mistake and told me he still wanted to be married. He said a lot more, but to make a long story short, I went home and prayed, went and we filed a Motion to Null and Void the divorce order. I found out that in the past 30 years, it had only happend 4 times. I prayed and told God if it was HIS will that it be granted. It was granted on the day the order was to go to vital statistics. If had went to Vital Statistics we would be divorced and would have had to gotten remarried. But God chose to put us back together. Thank you for a song that helped me hold on when I felt like giving up! Be blessed and I pray the Lord blesses you all! For if it was not for KLOVE and this song, I do not know if I could have gotten through this event.