Feb 28 2011

Go MAD! Go Make a Difference in your world!

Happy Make a Difference Monday! What have you been up to lately? Did you buy a cup of coffee for a stranger? Send an encouraging note to a co-worker? What kind thing have you done to "go MAD" in someone's life? Did someone make a difference for you? Tell us about it!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/28/2011 1:43:56 PM
Teresa United States
Teresa
Who made a difference in my life today?  Our Lord!  Yesterday at Church...I had no money.  I had just paid the monthly bills and there was none left.  I had forgotten about it.  Then Church yesterday and it was time to give.  I opened my purse up---$6.00.  I thought well, someone gave all she had 2 pieces...so, i gave all I had.  The scripture was for me----God takes care of the birds?  I thought, OK...He will take care of me.

So, today, at work, it is payday.  Somehow, they had m,ade a mistake on my check the past 2 checks and I got an extra $200.00.  Much needed.  I know God does love me...more than the birds.  Pass it on.  Faith....what a blessing He has given me.

God Bless KLOVE.
2/28/2011 1:43:57 PM
Pastor Don United States
Pastor Don
This is a long story but I will try to keep it short.
Since summer I have been hearing KLove talk about Make a Difference Monday. And Its been on my heart all that time.
What I started to do was, You know those cards you get when you get coffee at convenience store, Buy ten and the next one is Free. Well when I fill my card, I give it back to the attendant and say, "give this to the next person, their coffee is on me and I leave. That was good for a while.

But then (trying to keep this short) as my Mother and Dad left a doctors apt and received bad news, Someone out of the clear blue, No one knows who,paid for their meal at the restaurant they stopped at on the way home, and it really boosted their spirits.

So to bring this to an end, What I have started in our worship service at church starting as New Years Resalution, is a Make a Difference moment in church. This a time for people to share there stories of making a difference in a life.

At first it was slow going but each week it is growing and more and more people share. And we have seen the make a difference act go full circle and bless the person starting it.

So much more that I could tell you and witness to, but know that in our little corner of the world, We are trying to make a difference.
2/28/2011 2:15:42 PM
Barbara Coe United States
Barbara Coe
God made a difference in my life by allowing Calvary Nazarene Church in Cordova,Tn(which is a sub of Memphis)and a member of their church to write/produce the movie,"The Grace Card"!!!  It opened this weekend here and it was awesome!!!  It only opened in 30 something cities so I pray it did where you guys live!!!  It was a healing,forgiving,trusting in God movie! I wish EVERY person that lives in Memphis could see it!!!Years of hatred and God working and healing peoples' lives was what it was about!!!! All I can say is WOW and AWESOME!!!   They should give kleenex out with every ticket sold!!!!     I actually was blessed to get through and talk to Lisa and Eric about it this morning and share with them!!!
2/28/2011 2:44:33 PM
Barbara Coe United States
Barbara Coe
Oh,I forgot to say that they played Third Days' music in the movie and the very last song was City On A Hill!!!!  Awesome!!!
2/28/2011 4:04:43 PM
Amber United States
Amber
I helped out a new friend today in my math class.  I learned that she will be missing our Friday classes every week because of work, so I gave her my contact info and said call me or e-mail when ever you need anything. I am always around to help.  She walked out of class knowing that there will always be someone to keep her from failing the class.
2/28/2011 4:18:47 PM
Lori United States
Lori
Our home flooded today in the mist of melting snow and heavy rains in Northwest Ohio.  Around noon our doorbell rang and two of the fabulous Christian women that I am blessed to work for showed up at our door with lunch for my entire family and a shop vac! I am so blessed to work with people that openly praise God and show his love through their actions. They truly made a difference this Monday!
2/28/2011 5:05:24 PM
Heather Gillihan United States
Heather Gillihan
My students are making a difference!!!  I teach middle school at First Baptist Academy in Universal City, Texas.  We have a silent auction coming up that benefits our school, and each class is tasked with putting together some type of project/basket to auction.  This year, my 50 middle schoolers have decided to handwrite the ENTIRE BIBLE!  They completed their task in less than two months (along with an original devotional to go along with the book they wrote), and now it is up to me to scan their beautiful pages and upload them to be printed for an amazing keepsake for not only a lucky parent, but also as a gift to our devoted principal who is retiring after 30+ years of service!  I am really so very proud of them.  They are AMAZING kids!
2/28/2011 5:29:42 PM
Lily Burke United States
Lily Burke
i gave a friends a LETTER because she has changed my whole life around in a way that i will never forget. I was making a bad decision and i took that wrong path if u know what i mean and so after i held that guilt in for 4 long MONTHS i heard god telling me go and tell her because i know that through her words she will let you know THAT I REALLY LOVE YOU and i did .... and that day and moment while we were sitting on that heater thing ha ha i SAW GODS face and love, mercy, and forgiveness  through her eyes and words so I thank you God And Scott And Kelli for giving me the courage to tell you my story wiht u and others out there thnak u soooooo MUCH
2/28/2011 5:44:52 PM
Anderson Kopke Brazil
Anderson Kopke
Im here in Brazil, but i can M.A.D too. Now im sharing url klove.com with a lot of friends that dont know Jesus and i know that listen it can make a GREAT diference at his lives...

God bless us... Smile
2/28/2011 5:55:38 PM
matt graves United States
matt graves
i've been sending an encoraging word every night to my friends and others so thats how i've been making a differance
2/28/2011 6:00:19 PM
Lydia United States
Lydia
I am a college student and have been looking for a church for awhile now. God just dropped this one fellowship right into my lab and they have taken me in as family. So when I found out that this church was moving from a movie theatre (where they have been meeting for almost 2 years) to an actual church building, I wanted to help. But with 2 large exams looming over my head, I just couldn't commit my time. Instead, I took a trip to the grocery store, bought a couple loaves of bread and some bananas and made PB&J sandwiches and brownies and made little bagged lunches for the people working on the building this past weekend. It gave me so much joy to drop them off at the church in the middle of a snowstorm on Friday when no one was there- then the Lord gets all the credit!
2/28/2011 6:02:42 PM
Andrea United States
Andrea
One of my coworkers went to Florida over the weekend, and left his car parked in the lot at our office.   Last Friday we had a big snow storm that accumulated a foot of snow.  His car was covered with snow and was plowed in.   Today on  my lunch break I went out and cleaned off his car, and shoveled the snow so he would be able to get out when he returns from his trip.  I was grateful for God putting this opportunity out there for me.
2/28/2011 10:18:48 PM
Karen Stark United States
Karen Stark
7 years ago, my husband and I began a troop support group that sends care packages and cooling ties (hugs since they go around the neck and our troops all deserve a "hug") to Americans deployed in harm's way.  We're called The Hugs Project and our troops tell us we're doing so much to improve living conditions and morale.

President Bush gave us a Presidential Service Award a couple of years ago but not even that beats when we hear from a Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine or Guardsman that we are truly making a difference in their lives.

We also send school supplies, wheelchairs and sewing machines that our guys use in their Hearts and Minds program.

We'd love to send your listeners info on what they can do from their own homes to help.  One big thing is to organize letter writing campaigns.  They can make cooling ties which reduce the body's core temps by 5+ degrees, they can run a sock drive.  We have many other ideas.  They can send an email to:  TheHugsProject@cox.net

Thanks,

Karen and Ray Stark
3/1/2011 11:32:47 AM
Jane United States
Jane
I took my son to IHOP last week because he had the day off from school.  The CHildren's Miracle Network balloons were hanging on the wall (he is very familiar with them because we always buy one, and have explained what they are for).  We ordered our breakfast, and then he asked for his money.  He took a dollar and bought a balloon.  After he put his name on it and hung it up he asked how much money he had left.  He counted out $8 and asked me if he could use the rest of "his" money to give to the children.  He explained, "Jesus loves the children more than anything, Mommy.  I should love them too." (then began to sing me the words of Chris Tomlin- "who you love I'll love...")Of course, I agreed with my seven year old and allowed him to buy the 8 more balloons.  He was beaming with pride, but then when the food came he was very confused.  He wondered if that meant that the children wouldn't get the money he donated.  You see, he thought he was making the choice between breakfast or helping the children.  He was not just giving up his $9, but committing to an empty tummy.  My 7 year old.  He deserves recognition for the tears he put in his mommy's eyes that day.  What a guy.  His name is Michael, and he has a heart Jesus is proud of.