Mar 07 2011

Happy Make a Difference Monday!

Have you gone MAD lately?! What have you done to Make a Difference in your world? Has someone done something kind for you? Tell us about it!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/7/2011 1:14:50 PM
Kaitlin United States
Kaitlin
i was on the bus this afternoon and my friend Raven said she got baptised last sunday and she said if it wasnt for me she would have never gone to the lord in her times of need she probably would have never even thought about it and its great to know that i helped her in that way. she said she always knows now that god loves her no matter what. she really made my day. Smile
3/7/2011 1:36:54 PM
michael brown United States
michael brown
i tell people about jesus on facebook every day
3/7/2011 1:44:11 PM
Rose Taylor United States
Rose Taylor
I need prayer also if the listeners could pray! i am in a wheelchair, for the last few weeks i have have had a horrible pain in my right leg. i found out there is blood collecting in my right leg! the doctor said sitting in a wheelchair and being a human being is the reason for this problem! its discouraging! please ask the listeners to pray for this! thankyou!!
3/7/2011 2:08:27 PM
chelsea United States
chelsea
our school needs prayer really bad . we have bibleclub bu if you dont want to come you dont have to but in the 6th gradre there were only about 12 people  in bible club please help them cause if the rapture come tonight or in a minute the bloode will be on our hands thankyou!!!!!!!!!!
3/7/2011 2:38:02 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
My dad is a youth pastor, and one Monday he started something with the youth group called The Face Of Love missions week.
We did it all week in our community but on this make a difference Monday we went to an elderly lady's house in town. We fixed up her yard that day. As in, fixed the rail to the door, planted flower gardens, pulled weeds and mowed that yard (witch took us SIX times to mow)!!!!!
It wasn't just a make a difference Monday, it was also a make a difference Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday,and Friday! We celebrated after at Kings Island. We'll be doing it again this year. It was really fun and a great example to show others that we can spread God's love to others.
3/7/2011 3:01:07 PM
Jen United States
Jen
One person who made a huge difference in my life, as well as the lives of many teens in the Ashtabula, OH area, is Kevin Beebe, who was tragically killed by a car yesterday morning. He was a Christian Rap artist with an amazing story of God's saving grace in his own life. He witnessed to numerous teens through his music and his changed life since 2005.
3/7/2011 3:09:42 PM
Belinda Peister United States
Belinda Peister
My little sister who is a freshman in college has recently gone MAD.  Here is her story, a year ago in high school she raised 8,000 dollars to help in buying supplies, for Kids Against Hunger, she made her goal and feed 42,000+ children most of it went to Hatti after the earthquake, however some of it stayed in the county that she packaged the food in.  Well she is at it again, she is raising money to do it all again and will be holding a packing day this Friday night and Saturaday all day at Highland Community College in Kansas. She hopes to feed over 50,000 this time.  I pray that although I am older then she is that I can learn from her to give all the glory to our God and Savior and know that his hand touches everything we do.
3/7/2011 3:09:50 PM
Dana United States
Dana
A family stepped out and did something for us that shows how God can bring healing into your lives. I had a miscarriage and it was horrible. My husband out of anger and hurt ripped out our shower because it was such a painful reminder of what had happened. So as we stood looking at the empty hole where the shower had been we both wondered not only how are we going to fix this but how will we pay for it a week later I received a phone call insisting we hire a contractor and have someone come in and fixit and send the bill to them so we wouldn't have to be reminded of it anymore or stress over the work or the cost. That made a HUGE difference in our lives! It was completely unexpected and now we have a working beautiful shower and our bathroom no longer represents hurt and pain but healing and the power of Gods love...
3/7/2011 3:14:12 PM
Brian United States
Brian
I wish to remain annonymous but would like to comment on making a difference.  I want to encourage your listeners to as the bible says not conform to the world but as christians we need to reach out to those in need, especially brothers and sisters in Christ.  The bible says if you see a brother in need and you could help but don't how can the love of God be in you?  We need to keep our eyes open for those in need and then do something about it.  We have annonymously paid the school taxes of a family in our church about to lose their house and done some other pretty cool stuff and their is nothing in the world like the feeling you get from helping another.  It's what we are here for.  We need to spend less on ourselves so we can do more for others as was portrayed on the Secret Millionaire last night.  It drives me crazy how society says if you make more money you can now afford a bigger house.  As christians we need to be different and not fall into this trap.  Live in asmaller house you can afford and like my wife and I you can give away thousands of dollars to your church and christian charities.  God will Bless you more than you can fathom!
3/7/2011 5:00:53 PM
Phebe Brako-Owusu United States
Phebe Brako-Owusu
Today I decided to give my tithe to K-Love every month. I have been struggling with finding a church where my heart will feel at rest and where I would feel a sense of belonging. Since I still haven't found one yet, and I still have to give my 10% to God, I thought, Why not give it to a good cause like K-Love???? Smile
3/7/2011 7:01:49 PM
Joanne Fitz United States
Joanne Fitz
On every Monday, I think that I should write in about a young man named Genre Baker. He is 10 years old and was dignosed with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) at age 8. Presently, thanks to God's miraculous healing power; Genre is in remission but he continues with treatment for another year and half.
Today, I would like the K-Love world to know that God is working through this young man and his terrible diagnosis; to bring happiness by giving Nintendo DS,MP3 players or leapsters to many children newly diagnosed with cancer, relief of financial burdens to their families, special "To GO" bags packed with personal essentials for the parents as they stay with their children during treatments and long hosptial stays and best of all...hundreds of people are hearing about Genre and his family's strong faith in God and they are reading his favorite scripture; Joshua 1:9, which is engraved on bracelets that have been given out to many chldren and adults.
All of these items are provided through a nonprofit organization called Genre's Kids with Cancer Fund; created because of Genre's wish to provide a hand held game system to every child in Pittsburgh's Children's Hospital. After a 14 day stay, he asked his mother if there was a way to give every child with cancer a DS system that would help them in the way it helped him to be distracted from the procedures and give them something to do during the long days in the hosptial. You can see that this young man is mature beyond his years; he has taught many of us
the true meaning of strength, courage and faith.
He is a warrior of God and I am so very proud and blessed to know this young man and his wonderful family. Genre Baker IS making a difference this Monday & every Monday in Pittsburgh, PA!
3/7/2011 8:13:45 PM
Julie United States
Julie
My son Rhett is turning 5 in April and we've started planning his birthday party.  Rhett decided he didn't need presents this year, but the kids in Africa did.  He's asking his friends and family to donate money to "Nothing But Nets" to buy nets and help prevent malaria in Africa.  With my help, he made a video that we posted on facebook asking for donations for the cause.  We've had over $100 already pledged in his name since 5:00 this afternoon!