Mar 23 2011

Listen to today's interview

Today we had the guys from The City Harmonic on the show! The guys have a new song, "Manifesto" and talked about what it means to worship, as well as busted out a killer "Oh Canada" in honor of their homeland! In case you missed it, here were some highlights from the interview:

How they got their name:

The City Harmonic explains the meaning of "Manifesto":

The City Harmonic sings the Canadian national anthem with Scott and Kelli:

Reflections on the cultural aspects of sharing Christ in Canada:

The City Harmonic talks about hockey and Tim Horton's in Canada:

The meaning behind "Milking the Cow is Holy":

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (40) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/23/2011 1:25:54 PM
Iris Mendiola United States
Iris Mendiola
DEAR CITY HARMONIC GUYS...
YOU ARE AWESOME! I LOVE YOUR SONG AND HOW IT INCORPORATES THE LORD'S PRAYER! THIS SONG JUST LIFTS MY SPIRIT AND IT REMINDS ME THAT ALTHOUGH WE HUMANS ARE NOT PERFECT GOD FORGIVES US AND WE MUST FORGIVE AS WELL... LISTENING TO YOUR SONG, I HAVE FORGIVEN THOSE WHO HAVE BROKEN MY HEART BECAUSE I KNOW THAT GOD HAS HEALED IT UP AND MADE IT WHOLE AGAIN WITH HIS LOVE AND FORGIVENESS OF MY SINS!!!
THANKS FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO!

YOUR SISTER IN CHRIST
IRIS MENDIOLA
3/23/2011 1:35:38 PM
morgan gallaty United States
morgan gallaty
i love city harmonic and their song ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
3/23/2011 1:47:33 PM
Glory United States
Glory
hey=]
i want to say that City Harmnonic song, Manifesto is the best ever!!! God bless you guys!!
3/23/2011 1:48:52 PM
Glory United States
Glory
CITY HARMONIC, YOUR THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D

1 PETER 3:4
3/23/2011 2:57:47 PM
Lenny Crouse United States
Lenny Crouse
You guys totally rock for the Savior and all his glory !

For the new artist listening this afternoon , how did you get your first big break signing with your record label ?

Thanks and may the Savior continue to lead you guys for his wonderful kingdom!
Lenny in Iowa !
3/23/2011 3:00:11 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Hey City Harmonic!
I was listening to Air1,Klove's sister station, when I first heard you guys.
SOOO happy Klove is playing it now!!!
One question.
I thought I heard you guys say that there was a mixture of The Apostles Creed, and The Lord's Prayer.
Now, I can hear the Lord's Prayer, but I don't hear the Apostles Creed. Where is that???

Your friend, and Klove listener,

Lauren.

P.S. I turn eleven on the 29th!
3/23/2011 3:00:33 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
My bad, Twelve!
3/23/2011 3:04:47 PM
morgan gallaty United States
morgan gallaty
Smile
3/23/2011 3:10:36 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Smile Ive been making a pretty big list.
And normally I don't have a problem with thinking of stuff I want. But this year It toom me a little while longer.
3/23/2011 3:12:43 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Hey Morgan where are you from.
3/23/2011 3:17:02 PM
Shirley United States
Shirley
Hey Guys

I just heard you talk about True City in your city. That is so exciting.  My church in our small town is trying to do something similar to what your True City is doing and I would love it if you would pray for us and getting this set up in Iowa.

Love you guys

Shirley
3/23/2011 3:17:19 PM
Serena United States
Serena
Manifesto is a nice song, but if someone is really looking for a musical version of the Apostles' Creed, I think the song "Creed" by Petra from their 1990 album "Beyond Belief" might be a closer match:  (The tune is nice too.)

Creed
Words and music by Bob Hartman
Based on the Apostle's Creed

I believe in God the Father - maker of heaven and earth
And in Jesus Christ His only Son
I believe in the virgin birth
I believe in the Man of Sorrows bruised for iniquities
I believe in the Lamb who was crucified and hung between two thieves

I believe in the resurrection on the third and glorious day
And I believe in the empty tomb and the stone that the angel rolled away
He descended and set the captives free
And now He sits at God's right hand and prepares a place for me

(Chorus)
This is my creed - the witness I have heard
The faith that has endured
This truth is assured
Through the darkest ages past
Though persecuted, it will last
And I will hold steadfast to this creed

I believe He sent His Spirit to comfort and to reveal
To lead us into the truth and light, to baptize and to seal
I believe that He will come back the way He went away
And receive us all unto Himself, but no man knows the day

I believe He is the Judge of all men, small and great
The resurrected souls of men receive from Him their fate
Some to death and some to life, some to their reward
Some to sing eternal praise forever to our Lord
3/23/2011 3:18:05 PM
Kristie United States
Kristie
I love the song Manifesto! It has a powerful message, but it speaks to me musically too.  And I love that is by fellow Canadians, and fellow Ontarians as well. Love it!
3/23/2011 3:18:36 PM
Tricia Ditto United States
Tricia Ditto
I absolutely love Manifesto!  Our church praise band would love to play it during worship but we are having trouble finding the music for it.  Is the sheet music available anywhere?
3/23/2011 3:19:09 PM
morgan gallaty United States
morgan gallaty
the french version of o Canada lol Smile

Ô Canada!
Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une épopée
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
Smile

3/23/2011 3:20:31 PM
morgan gallaty United States
morgan gallaty
im not allowed to give classified info Smile
3/23/2011 3:21:02 PM
Lyndsay United States
Lyndsay
I absolutely love the song manifesto. You guys are awesome!
3/23/2011 3:22:00 PM
Danyale Perkins United States
Danyale Perkins
the itunes code is not working-I can't down load the free song...Frown
3/23/2011 3:25:29 PM
Ann United States
Ann
God blessed me with a bakery and I get to listen to KLOVE all day.  For the last few weeks when Manifesto comes on the radio my co-worker knows the volume goes up and everyone can hear the song loud.  Thank you so much for Truth put to a strong beat and a powerful voice.  It stirs my spirit and heart.  Thank you!!
3/23/2011 3:27:29 PM
Ann United States
Ann
When are you coming to the States to tour?
3/23/2011 3:33:14 PM
Sandy C United States
Sandy C
Hey Scott n Kelly did u know that the us anthem has 4 vs
Our 4 th vs is
Oh, thus be it ever when free men shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation
Blessed with victory and peace through this heaven rescued land
Praise the power that has made and preserved us a nation
Then conquer we must for our cause it is just
And this is our motto in God is our trust
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
3/23/2011 3:42:09 PM
Brook Pradas Norway
Brook Pradas
Hey City Harmonic!

I first heard your song here in K-love and i thought it was awesome. May God continually use you. Keep shining!

from Norway with love,

brook
3/23/2011 3:47:36 PM
Robin Hoflin United States
Robin Hoflin
Hey Guys!

Love the songs..got my free download and listened to it all the way to work (3 times)..I was in a good mood all day long!  Thank you so much!
3/23/2011 3:52:58 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
@morgan. Oh ok. srry!
Can you at least tell me your age. I think I know you
3/23/2011 3:56:09 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
@ Danyale. It won't let me either!
Actually, It gave the computer a virus!
It started opening up new tabs new tabs and wouldn't stop! I couldn't even exit out until HOURS later! Frown
3/23/2011 3:56:39 PM
Jessika Spyker Canada
Jessika Spyker
Hey,
Just letting you know that there is actually Christian radio in Canada, there is usually a Christian station in every big city! We listen to it almost every day! And we listen to K-LOVE alot tooSmile
Just thought I'd let you know that!
Have a great day!
Jessika
3/23/2011 4:00:01 PM
TheCityHarmonic-Eli Canada
TheCityHarmonic-Eli
Sorry - we meant there isn't really a Christian Radio signal where we live in Hamilton! Thanks for the comments guys! Peace.
3/23/2011 4:02:24 PM
Tammi Martinez United States
Tammi Martinez
All have to say is when Manifesto comes on volume goes way up   God Bless you are very talented
3/23/2011 4:07:27 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
I LOVE U CITY HARMONIC!!!!!
U guys absolutley Rock!!
3/23/2011 4:09:33 PM
Victoria Soto United States
Victoria	Soto
I just wanted to say this group is my new favorite. The songs are rediculously powerful, and the sound of the first song played on K Love reminds me of U2, which I think is pretty cool. So anyways, thanks for sharing your awesome music!
3/23/2011 4:14:21 PM
MiriamTX United States
MiriamTX
Bless you all...
Just want let you know that, Manifesto really made me cry. It is a profound connection with God when you heard it, as if you are a empty glass in a sunny day and then you listen to this amazing music, something out of this dimention fill up that glass with living water. Love the way the Lords prayer is sing by the end.
I will be watching for more music from you guys. Blessed be the name of the Creator of the universe.
Thank you!!!
Miriam
3/23/2011 4:22:57 PM
morgan gallaty United States
morgan gallaty
im 14
3/23/2011 4:42:51 PM
Beth United States
Beth
I was jogging on my treadmill when the interview was taking place. I was cracking up so much I was having difficulty concentrating on my stride; however, was having so much fun that I went an extra mile. Thanks for the motivation!! God used you even in the craziest ways of helping a gal keep focused on her new lifestyle.
3/23/2011 6:55:03 PM
Katherine United States
Katherine
Hi Scott and Kelli,
Just FYI the US does in fact have four verses in our national anthem.  It just that (like the Canadians, apparently) we only sing the first one because other wise it would take to long.

Here is the complete Star Spangles Banner:
Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Courtesy of:www.usa-flag-site.org/.../...spangled-banner.shtml
Just thought you might find that interesting.
3/23/2011 8:56:23 PM
Rachelle United States
Rachelle
I love your guys song i downloaded it and I listen to it well working out its up beat and I love the ending. My birthday is in 24 days and I'm going to be turning 20 years old.
3/24/2011 3:28:59 AM
Angie United States
Angie
Okay, a little late on this, but I did download the song from iTunes today.  Let me just say, this song is awesome.  I have a dear friend who is also into Christian music like me, and I recently shared part of the song with her.  She enjoyed it too.

God Bless
3/24/2011 9:55:26 AM
Stephanie Wright United States
Stephanie Wright
I was so bummed because the storm hit here last night about 5 and so I missed the interviews and such.  I had to wait until this afternoon to listen to the podcasts, but thanks for that so I could at least be a part - just late.
3/24/2011 1:29:43 PM
rory United States
rory
big fans of scott and kelly you guys rock the state of michigan thank you for you are doing
3/25/2011 10:49:47 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
@ morgan. Oh OK.
I live in Kentucky and I thought I knew you.
My bad... Smile
3/25/2011 7:24:09 PM
Autumn Rose Gray United States
Autumn Rose Gray
I am a big fan of " The City Harmonic" Manifesto so sorry i missed the podcast but at lest i can hear it online! Smile