Apr 26 2011

My husband won't go to church with me!

What do you do if your spouse doesn't attend church with you? Dr. Meier of the Meier Clinics (www.meierclinics.com) addressed that question on the show today. Got a question for Dr. Meier? Feel free to share it here or email us at scottandkelli@klove.com.

Click here to listen to what Dr Meier had to say this week.

4/26/2011 4:20:31 PM
sandy taylor United States
sandy taylor
i have a 45 year old sister who is chronically depressed, doesn't want the 'antidepressants' from the dr. won't read the bible or anything i send her. suggestions? depression in our family.says she has prayed in the past, and God hasn't answered prayer. thanks. God bless!
4/27/2011 10:29:12 AM
Joan United States
Joan
Regarding the woman whose husband would not accompany her and the children to church:  From my experience, it is best not to nag or berate him into going.  My husband was raised in a household where religion was forced down his throat, and had to go to mass just because "you have to" not because you want to worship and fellowship with other Christians.  So I would take my children to church faithfully without him.  Occasionally I would ask him if he wanted to go, but just let it go when he declined.  Our daughter was daddy's princess, and when at age 7 she asked me why daddy didn't go to church, I would make excuses for him, saying he was tired or he had things to do around the house.  So one day she asked him to go, and he made his own excuses.  She flat-out told him "I don't feel like we are a family at church because you don't go."  You could have driven a stake through my husband's heart.  He began attending from that point on; not every Sunday but gradually began to see that worship was a joy and not a duty.  Later as he began to learn more about the Bible and felt comfortable with other members, he was surprised to see how much they knew about him already.  I confessed that they had been praying for him for several years!  He later gave his heart to the Lord and has been an active, growing Christian ever since.  So the point is to just attend church as an example, never nag him, and never, ever stop praying!
4/28/2011 10:30:39 AM
Caleb J. LeJune United States
Caleb J. LeJune
Your right Mrs.Joan!   Jesus was an example first then he would say something!!!   When the World starts to see  the sons and daughters of God come out of thier church biuldings and show them the love of GOD by thier lifestyle then the World will run desperatly to God!!!!  God bless you all!!!   Thankyou my KLOVE Family for being there for me and my family!!!!!
4/28/2011 12:27:41 PM
Beth United States
Beth
I agree about not nagging your hubby into going to church...I am in the same exact situation.  My husband does not attend with my 6 year old son and I.  My son gave his heart to the Lord just before he turned 4 years old.  I can honestly say that leading him to the Lord, myself, was the most awesome thing I have ever experienced in my life!!!  I am blessed! Now, my son and I are praying that Daddy will also come to know the Lord.  Never, ever stop praying all you who are discouraged.  Keep on keeping on and don't give up on your spouse!

5/2/2011 1:12:46 PM
Corban United States
Corban
I know a woman that has recently been touched by God and has been going to church every since. She has her son go to the children's church but he will not go to the youth group. This women's husband will also not go with her to church and makes up excuses. Not even this women's adult daughter will go with her. She continues to pray for her family and has the church prayer group pray for them as well.
5/5/2011 6:27:06 AM
Samantha Campbell United States
Samantha Campbell
About 7 years ago I got saved and started going to church with my children. Some loved to go some did not but I didnt make them chose.My children and I had went through a very tough time because there dad was not in the picture for awhile. I would always tell them that God was there for us and that what ever we go through that it God makes us stroger. Then I met a man at chruch but I started to fall out of chruch. Now that I want to go back the children and him dont want to go. I am having a hard time with getting them back.That is how wonderful God is because I was feeling less of a mother and all of these things were really weighing me down until I came across Klove.Because the Lord knows I love music and I love to sing he used this station for mine and other familys.Is it great!We all need to look at the little stuff that the Lord does he doesnt just say okay son or dauther here you go, he gives it to us in little bits to see how u do......