Aug 18 2014

Doctor Of Chocolate, Downton Abbey Charity, Ebola Patient Reunited With Husband, & Malala Yousafzai

God is faithful...no matter what!

How Can I Be More Like Malala? Young Readers Meet The Teen Who Inspired The World

Cambridge University Seeks 'Doctor Of Chocolate' For Sweet Course Work

In Other News:

Ebola Patient Reunited With Husband, 'Moved With Tears'

'Downton Abbey' Cast Pokes Fun At Water Bottle Goof For Charity

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
A new favorite of mine
May 16 2011

A new favorite of mine

Check out how the song "Glorious Day" by Casting Crowns has caught my attention and also impacted listeners' lives.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/17/2011 3:20:44 PM
Rita Glasscock United States
Rita Glasscock
According to my daughters 18 and 20.  You can wear long hair as long as it is not straight.  My hair is to the middle of my back and it is in layers and I curl it every day.  As far as clothes.  If you are a young looking mom you should dress appropriately for your age, but you can still be fashionable.  No mini skirts after the age of 25.  You can still wear a cute skirt right above the knee and still look good.  I am 48 and I am no way close to cutting my hair or looking old for anyone.  I think most women know what to wear and what not to wear.  I will be looking fashionable as long as I can.  I don't want to look like an old lady
5/17/2011 3:23:40 PM
Ginger Morgan United States
Ginger Morgan
I wear what I am comfortable in and what I like to wear. I am still wearing knit pants, but they are comfortable and look nice. I won'tlook shabby or like an old lady (I am 63), I dress nicely and appropriately. I don't let "them" tell me when and what to wear.
Ginger
5/17/2011 3:57:54 PM
Jody United States
Jody
Pants on the ground ... I had a great solution to that when my son was in high school a few years back and he thought he would one day wear his pants low, in front of my friends during a book club meeting.  I was embarassed and told him so but he didn't seem to care and said, "it's the style".  Okay, fair is fair, I wore that style next time he had friends over, and mind you the style I was showing was my fat lady grannie panties!  Only took one day of me wearing the style to make him re-evalulate his look.  No more pants on the ground at my house.
5/17/2011 4:01:08 PM
Paulette Gibson United States
Paulette Gibson
Hi Kelli, I have a soon to be beautiful 21 year old grandaughter,Savanna that tells me every time I think about cutting my hair short "not yet G'ma". I still get asked if I am her mom when we are out. Actually it is a blessing to me as my daughter,(her mother)died in a crash when Savanna was 18 months old and I have been raising her since then. So I will keep it long until Savanna says "it's time G'ma" Smile
5/17/2011 6:25:53 PM
polly Kaat United States
polly Kaat
Kelli,
I listened to you on the way home from work this evening about clothes, shoes, etc and ages. I totally disagree with the article. I wear whatever I want at age 54! I wear long shirts and leggings. I wear boots, and my hair is long. I admit I dye it!
My mother lived until 74 years old. The ladies she did water aerobics with every week came up to me at the funeral saying they were amazed she was 74 years old they thought she was only in her fifties! I have people tell me I look like I am in my early forties. I think that it is more of how I act and dress than how I actually "look". When people tell us how we should dress it is very sad. We need to remember God loves us not matter what. Do what makes you feel good. Of course we need to be decent according to our morals and ethics. Keep wearing the boots and do not cut your hair!
5/18/2011 1:46:45 PM
Lori United States
Lori
I luv the candy wrap song!  Chris August had me sold on Starry Night, now I just wanna hang out with this guy.  He has got to be so much fun to be around! Proves Christians aren't boring!
5/18/2011 2:14:35 PM
Susan Sherman United States
Susan Sherman
I happen to love 'Stronger', and it was just on a song ago and I spazzed out by jumping on my chairs. Laughing
5/19/2011 3:56:02 PM