May 26 2011

Special Guest

Matt Maher ("Hold us Together," "Christ is Risen") was on the show today (just after 4pm CT)! In case you missed it, you can listen to the interview online:

The impact and story behind "Christ Is Risen":

The influence of the birth of his expectant son:

About being on tour with MercyMe:

Listen to all the segments

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (22) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/26/2011 2:24:29 PM
Kayla Meade United States
Kayla Meade
Matt, you are awesome. Christ is Risen is so touching. I sing the song every time I hear it on Klove. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/26/2011 2:42:24 PM
Clay Canada
Clay
Please tell Matt that the youth and young adults of Vancouver are looking forward to hosting him in next week...right in the middle of the Vancouver Canucks run to the Stanley Cup!  Thanks for your friendshipk, witness, and inspiration!
5/26/2011 2:53:39 PM
Aaron United States
Aaron
Hey Matt,
I couldn't make your show in Castle Rock
Hopefully you'll be back to Colorado soon. Good luck with the baby!!
5/26/2011 2:54:27 PM
Jose Lim United States
Jose Lim
hey Matt, your music is really inspiring, authentic and filled with the love of God. You are doing a great job. I always expect the choir of my church to sing one of your songs every Sunday. The best part is that they always do. God bless you and K-LOVE.
5/26/2011 3:27:59 PM
Mindy Gross United States
Mindy Gross
great song Matt! also congratulations on you and your wife having a baby... thanks for you ministry.
5/26/2011 3:33:29 PM
Olivia United States
Olivia
Matt,
Number one thing to remember about kids is that they are gifts that God entrusts to us. I am sometimes taken aback when I think that about the fact that God entrusted my little girls to me, who is imperfect. I often think about the love I have for them, which is just all encompassing, I would give my life for them, then I am humbled to think that this is only a fraction of how much God loves me. There is nothing else that will open your eyes to the love of God like kids.
5/26/2011 3:38:04 PM
Penney United States
Penney
Wow, it is just so beautiful to hear how sweetly Matt is speaking about his unborn child. No doubt that he will be a wonderful father, and his wife a wonderful mother. How exciting!!! Smile
5/26/2011 3:44:20 PM
Kelly Jensen United States
Kelly Jensen
Hi Matt,
Thank you so much for your music.  I LOVE Christ is Risen and so many more songs but right now I find myself needing Hld Us Together again since I am not working AGAIN.  I have not been afraid this time and I do need God to provide for my rent which is due soon but I know He will help me.  My Husband owns the cattle on a thousand hills! He will provide. I am struggling because I know I am a writer and I will go all over the world and speak about Christ but breaking out of the norm in the working world takes courage!  You have done that and I mean to do the same.  Thank you so much for your encouragement and your ministry!
5/26/2011 3:45:18 PM
Al United States
Al
The best advice about raising children is to enjoy them exactly where they're at.  When they're little don't wish they were older (even when it's 3am and they're having yet another poopy diaper) and you can't wait until they're potty trained.  Don't long for the "good old days" when they were cute and cuddly and thought you knew everything (when now they think they do.)  Enjoy them right where they are!
5/26/2011 3:45:23 PM
Amanda speckman United States
Amanda speckman
I heard Matt sing probably in early 2000 in a small conference for high school youth groups. Was on the front row but have to admit I had not previously heard of him nor listen to much Christian music. Loved it. Ended up using his song Set Me As A Seal in my wedding probably 4 or 5 years later.
5/26/2011 3:49:27 PM
Bryan Hail United States
Bryan Hail
Matt, I love your music.  It always lifts my spirit and my faith.  God Bless you and thank you for what you do.
5/26/2011 3:51:58 PM
Andrew Miller United States
Andrew Miller
I am 11 years old and I listen to your music everyday.  I love it.  It is very inspiring. Christ is Risen is my FAVORITE song.

Thanks!  Good luck with the baby, and especially good luck with the dog.  Let him know you are the master of your house!  Train him everyday Smile

Andrew
5/26/2011 3:54:25 PM
Porter Miller United States
Porter Miller
I am 10 years old and love christian music.  I told mom I only wanted you and chris tomlin on my ishuffle.  Brad Paisley only sings about girls.

Your music is great, keep going.
Porter
5/26/2011 4:06:26 PM
Dawn United States
Dawn
Please tell Matt Congratulations for him and his wonderful wifce on their marriage and expecting a baby! You guys deserve it, and I pray that God will have His hand on your guys's lives, and bless you in every area! Keep up what you do for God! You guys are definitely an inspiration and great examples of Christ. Also, I love his songs! All of his songs are so powerful, unique, beautiful and annointed by God. I remember hearing for the first the songs "Alive Again", "Hold Us Together", "Christ Is Risen", and "Your Grace Is Enough", all of these songs mean so much to me and really minister to me. The song "Alive Again" is powerful and yet so true, God definitely broke through me and saved me. My husband and I love all the music! Thank you and I am so happy for you guys! Praise God!
5/26/2011 4:09:14 PM
Andrew United States
Andrew
Matt,
As an Orthodox Christian, I have to ask if the Orthodox Pascha (Easter)Hymn provided inspiration (Christ is Risen from the dead! Trampling down death by death. And (Even) upon the tombs bestowing life!").

I've been enjoying your music for a couple of years, thanks for the great music. It is very apparent the amount of inspirational musing and contemplation goes into each piece.

5/26/2011 4:10:07 PM
Elisa United States
Elisa
I love how your music points back to the sacraments.  Your song "Adoration" points back to the true presence of Jesus in the Eucharist so beautifully!  Thank you for your ministry.  God bless you and your family.
5/26/2011 4:19:19 PM
kacy United States
kacy
I wanted to tell you how God used your music in my life. I'm 46 and got saved at 19. I was running so fast from the Lord that I went in satanism (thankful not for long) and rock music was my form of 'worship'. From the minute I gave my life to Jesus as Lord, I had to walk away from rock. Christian rock was just new(that's why I told you my age). I struggled for a couple of years reconciling the two. I finally ended up giving up all rock, even Christian, but knew that there was nothing wrong with it just for me. Much like the meat sacrificed to idols in the Bible. So I just lived in a repented life of no rock since I had no peace to listen to it until my life fell apart 15 months ago when my husband walked out. I was physically alone with no friends or family. It was at this darkest time of my life that God freed me from my years of praying about Does God really use rock music? I remember the day, the place I was standing in my kitchen when the Holy Spirit just lifted that weight off of me. It was during you song Hold Us Together. I don't know any of the why's but God has given me 'my' music back to me as a special gift. And you were a part of that. I pray for you and your ministry all the time. Yes, I now know that you musicians are ministers of the Gospel as well. You are on the front line of our battle. And I wholeheartedly say God Bless You.
5/26/2011 4:24:16 PM
Dawn United States
Dawn
5/26/2011 4:38:03 PM
kent butler United States
kent butler
Matt i've seen you a dozen times live, and you're always supported by an incredible band. do you play with the same guys regularly?
5/26/2011 4:46:46 PM
Serena United States
Serena
The Best song I've heard in a long time is "Christ is Risen."  Thanks for writing and singing it.  Really enjoyed the reference to Ephesians 5:13.
5/26/2011 5:53:21 PM
bailee United States
bailee
my name is Bailee and i am 11 years old and i used to listen to really bad music but when i heard your song Christ is Risen it changed my life, FOREVER! and i am so grateful to that song thank you for changing my heart
5/29/2011 1:06:11 AM
Name United States
Name
Dawn
"What was that last song Matt sang about love and Kelly said that would be a good wedding song??? Please let me know. I heard the very last of it, and I would like to hear it again some how. Thanks!"

Hey Dawn, Its called "My Only Love". I emailed the station and they sent me a reply. The song totally tugs at my heart (I'm male).

After listening to it a few times (youtube) I think it is too short of a song and the lyrics a bit too simplistic. But what an amazing song nonetheless. I obviously thought of my girlfriend but it pales to when I imagined God singing this song to me. How great the Father's love for us.