Jun 22 2011

Welcome Sheila Walsh to the show today!

My guest today is speaker and author Sheila Walsh! An accomplished musician, speaker and author who has sold over 4 million books, Sheila has a transparent, humble way of reminding us of how loved we are by God. In case you missed the interview, you can listen to it below. Also, you can learn more about Sheila's ministry here: http://www.sheilawalsh.com/

Sheila Walsh talks about how her past experiences have helped her relate with others:

Sheila talks about how to handle those days when nothing seems to go right:

"Suffering and pain show us what's inside of us":

Listen to the whole interview

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (17) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/22/2011 2:48:45 PM
Rosanna United States
Rosanna
Sarah from Ohio wonders how you adjusted to life in America when you first come across the Pond?
6/22/2011 2:49:54 PM
Erin Kascsak United States
Erin Kascsak
I just wanted to thank Shelia for making such an impact on my life.  I saw her at last year's Women of Faith tour in Kansas City and just fell in love with her voice, her stories, her humor...everything about her.  I just finished reading "Angel Song" and I can't wait to read more of her books.  Smile  I hope to see her any time she is in our area again!!

Many blessings!
Erin
6/22/2011 3:01:49 PM
Minot,ND United States
Minot,ND
PLEASE PLEASE Pray for Minot ND. We are flooding so bad and 12000 people are losing there homes.We need God to send a mircle and revival. Pray that people of Minot see him through this. Thanks!
6/22/2011 3:03:38 PM
Diane Kent United States
Diane Kent
Can you repeat that twitter Shelia mad about the pain in life showing who you are inside.  Or will you print the transcript of the interview some place.
I am stuggling with Shingles right now.  I have K Love on all day long as I lay around the house.  So NOT ME!!
But, loving listening to your programing.  Bless you all!
6/22/2011 3:06:48 PM
Michelle Roys United States
Michelle Roys
Wow. I am so thankful that I caught this interview today. The segment that was just on was where Sheila was talking about depression. Thank God for your insight! I am 42, and have fought depression off and on most of my life. I have been on and off almost every anti-depressant on the market at one time or another. Problem is, I always chalked it up to being "situational" - you know, I just figured I didn't handle the hard things in life very well. I recently went off of my medication again, thinking I was now equipped to deal with life again (youngest daughter graduating High School and leaving home, my second marriage coming up on our 1st anniversary, yada yada yada). Well, I am the first to admit I have been the proverbial basket case ever since. I have struggled with wondering why, when I tell myself I can do this, I continue to fall flat on my face, and eventually end up on medication as a remedy for my family not locking me in a closet somewhere. Smile NOW I get it! And yes, my mother has suffered from depression all her life as well. Thank you, Sheila, for being the "voice of God" in my life, telling me it's okay to need help, and that He has provided the doctors and medications to make it possible for me to live a "normal" life. God Bless you and yours! Michelle
6/22/2011 3:07:25 PM
Lea Alcala United States
Lea Alcala
My name is Lea im a 23 yr old single mother, about a month ago i had a panic attack and it lead to me feeling depressed and just hopeless. At that moment I gave my life back to jesus. I have been battling the whole medication thing as well with alot more. I just want to thank you at the last of u speaking i caught you say that if we take meds that it doesnt mean we dont have enough faith in god and jesus alone. I cant get it out of my head that i need to beleive in him more and I didnt want to be losing faith in him if I did take meds. Just thank you so much for saying what you had to because i really needed it. Thank you very much and thank you k-love for putting encouraging words in my life each day
6/22/2011 3:09:08 PM
Jackie Schaeffer United States
Jackie Schaeffer
I love when God speaks so clearly. This morning as I read scripture I was led to Psalm 121, evening posting it as my daily scripture post on Facebook. I was listening to Sheila on your show and wanted to see what new books she had out......so I opened her web page and started reading the first chapter preview of "Shelter" and there it was ...... Psalm 121. Thank you, Shelia, for having ears to hear and eyes to see, plus a heart to receive and share. I am blessed and smiling as I think of how many others have these God encounters because of your ministry! Smile Many blessings....
6/22/2011 3:09:27 PM
Rosanna United States
Rosanna
Sheila is so up close & personal about her relationship with Christ. I believe that is what makes us come to feel we know her like a sister. God has used Sheila through her humor,songs, words & prayers to touch my life and many others. Traveling & witnessing for Christ is an awesome job but there has to be some stressors at times. What is the toughest challenge for you being on the road so frequently, Sheila?
Rosanna
6/22/2011 3:15:34 PM
MOLLIE MCAMIS United States
MOLLIE MCAMIS
Couldn't be more touched by the guest speaker Shelia today! Recently I just turned 21 and my whole life I've tried to lay down my life and ultimately be a slave to God. God first calls himself IAM. I know LORD is using me right now but I'm not sure how. I realize I'm blessed to Be a Blessing and whenever I struggle God continues to bring up the passage 139 in Psalm. I recently learned things from Beth Moore Daniel Bible Study and I tried to make a sign for Klove. I entitled the project... Take a moment to find yourself. It's in solitude that Christ best spoke to the masses like the garden of Gethsemne. I am learning in my solitude that though all my dreams of becoming a Starbucks Advertiser, finishing school, going to YWAM Dts in Switzerland, finding someone to eventually marry all fall short to what God has planned for me. I am human and I have to realize that my sinful nature contains the ability to go against the teaching of the basic ten commandments and seven deadly sins so I am taking the time to examine the plank in my own eye because ultimately HE is Judge. I am very talented artistically not to foot my own horn. But I play auocostic bass, love art of all kinds like drawing and crochet. But where I always find the most inspiration is outside in Gods creation... I am always awestruck in the Mystery of  YHWH.
6/22/2011 3:16:35 PM
Anita R United States
Anita R
I just want to thank you for allowing God to witness to us from your story.  I have stopped my med. for depression thinking that I didn't need it anymore.  But as the week has passed I have noticed myself slipping into the world of "unhappiness and misery".  I am a Christian and I have been seeking God guidance but also questioning why, why do I have to be so weak and have to take this medication????  Today I heard just a part of your testimony and I KNEW it was God speaking through you telling me that I am not weak and it is a blessing to be able to take the medication and deal with life on a brighter note.  Thank you so much.  I want to get counciling with my husband, he is not a believer and does make our life much harder than it needs to be, a very long story.  I have sought help, he has not, he insists on me taking my "happy pills" so he calls them.  The problem with this is it is his way of behaving and treating me and our children that has not helped my situation.  Any way, I just wanted to tell you thank you from the bottom of my heart and I am back on the meds, it is a low dose but I know I am not supposed to stop it like I did.  May God continue to bless you and your ministry abuntantly!  Sinerely, Anita
6/22/2011 3:19:13 PM
JC United States
JC
I also have suffered from circumstantial depression, and it is nearly impossible to heal without acknowledging God's love in our lives. The worse part of feeling down is that you feel all alone. Letting God participate in your life, truly letting him in was my solution. I truly thought I was the only one, but now because of God I know that I will never be alone ever again. Look forward to meeting Sheila someday. Our family would love to have you over for dinner. Do you like meatloaf?
6/22/2011 3:22:22 PM
Jonathan United States
Jonathan
Sheila has enlightened me even more on clinical depression. I've struggled for years and after almost 14 years of marriage and 3 great kids, my anger got the best of me and I lashed out at one of the kids. Fortunately it wasn't anything that caused serious harm but it was a breaking point for our marriage. After about 3 months living at a friend's house, I've moved back in and we're working on our marriage. I had no idea that the anger was related to the depression and Shiela is so correct that as Christians we believe sometimes that medication is not the right path. Due to my lack of diagnosis and understanding of clinical depression I'm desperately trying to repair the damage I've done to my relationship with my kids and wife. I only pray that God will give her and the kids the power to forgive and believe that we can stay married. I'm a changed person and the incident and diagnosis with medication has made me see things in such a different way. I finally learned and bowed down and realized being humble is the only way. My Christian life has truly changed as my heart was not in it.  I was truly going through the motions but now I'm working towards what I should have been.
6/22/2011 3:26:17 PM
Vickie McNatt United States
Vickie McNatt
Thank you Shiela for talking about your time in the hospital and the fact that you take medication for depression. I have been on meds for a couple years now for PTSD. I was able to get off them for a time then went through chemo for ovarian cancer and needed to get back on meds. They way people treat you when they find out you are on meds for a mental problem is awful. They think it is something you should be able to control. Anxiety attacks are terrible. I praise Jesus that he has given man the brains to come up with the medacine to help people. I to have battled weather to take them or not. But you have put me at ease and let me know I am not alone. Thank you for being so open about depression and medication. God Bless You.
6/22/2011 3:32:14 PM
Patricia A. Bickerton United States
Patricia A. Bickerton
Thank you Sheila for sharing your pain that others like myself can find a way of healing. When you are @ rock bottom and in ministry and suppose to have all the answers. The guilt and pain is just unbelievable.It reminds me of a scene in the titantic.When the people were in the water there was the one blowing the whistle saying His promises as a life boat will save you. Are only hope is the Love of God,His Character,His Faithfulness.Love you my Sister in Christ...
6/22/2011 4:54:40 PM
Nan United States
Nan
I too just heard the last bit of Sheila's comments on depression - I may have missed something, but I am a firm believer in the reality of the inheritance of family bondage. Our heavenly Father is our Healer - He can heal anything (physically AND emotionally). There’s nothing He can't do. I am 49 years old. I am bipolar, as was my father. For most of my entire life I have lived with my own (undiagnosed) private hell. My suicidal thoughts began at the age of 15. I praise God for leading me to educated doctors with the wisdom to recognize (and diagnose) my illness 10 years ago. Consequently, I have been taking lithium for 10 years. While my life has improved drastically, and my mood swings have been subdued, I still am not completely healed. Taking medication has basically killed my spirit. Since I have been praying against family bondage, I have been able to successfully reduce the amount of medication I need to take to function well. I believe we can break away from our family bondage through prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit. Our heavenly Father gave us life; he does not want to "take us out” in such a way. Emotional destruction is clearly the work of the enemy. Think about it.
6/22/2011 10:20:34 PM
jec United States
jec
Thank you, Shelia for sharing your storySmile. I heard Sheila saying she believed, that anti-depressants were a gift from God.  Praise God for such a gift!  It's because of this medicine that she's alive and well.  Through her life story, God is bringing peace to the broken.  Peace to those who are feeling guilty for taking medication, that is necessary for their healing.  I suffered with some of the worst anxiety I could imagine, about a year and a half ago.  God provided me with a counselor, who just so happen to have struggled with the same kind of anxiety in her past, as I was at that very moment.  She picked up the phone the first time I called.  No voicemail, no
waiting for a call back.   God gave me the courage to make a doctor appointment.  He gave me the strength to drive myself to it.  He had my doctor on his knees in front of me begging me to start taking the medication he was
prescribing.  The doctor told me I was a beautiful person,
inside and out...  None of this coincidence. God revealed
himself to me in many other ways, during this most aweful
time in my life.    He is truly the Wonderful Counselor, the
Great Physician!  He is The Almighty God!!!  You don't have to do this yourself.  He provides these gifts, these tools...for
your healing.  He is answering your prayers...

Never will I leave you;  never will I forsake you.  Hebrew 13:5
6/23/2011 4:01:49 PM
Julie United States
Julie
I listened to the interview yesterday.  I have love Sheila Walsh for years!  Such an inspiration to me and how God does love each and every one of us with all of our stories.  It is evident that when the bible states that Satan is out to steal, kill and destroy us, it means just that.  He will try to convince us that there is always something wrong with us or that we will never be good enough.  It saddened me to hear that she has this pain and this past that was so difficult.  However, Sheila please never forget who it's is that you belong to and that you are always covered by Him!  We love you and God loves you even more!  Also, there is a product that helps with depression and other ailments that may help you with your issues with the seratonin.  It is all natural and has done wonders for so many people.  I would love to tell you about it!  If you would like email me and I would be happy to tell you more.  My email is jbyerich@gmail.com