Dec 24 2014

Owner's Christmas Carol Singing Is a Howling Disaster for his Dog

Man Surprises Girlfriend With Photobooth Proposal

Woman Forgives, Tries to Free, Imprisoned Man Who Shot Her

Music Teacher's "Star Wars" Christmas Lights Dazzle Community

Santa's Heartwarming Surprise for Deaf 6-Year-Old Girl

In Other News...

Hugs: The New Cold and Flu Fighters?

NASA Can See Christmas Lights from Space

Twins Adopted from Same Orphanage Together a Decade Later

Tips on Tipping: How Much Should You Give During the Holidays?

Slow Down, Tune In, Be Still . . .

"Christmas can be a very hard time for people for many reasons. One reason is that Christmas doesn’t always live up to the hype. In fact, it rarely does. You can be very disappointed. A lot of people turn to alcohol and drugs, and suicide attempts go up at this time of year.

Sometimes there is a deep sadness at Christmas because of family problems. Maybe your parents have divorced. Maybe your wife or husband has left you. Last year you were with them, and this year you are alone. Or maybe you have lost a loved one. They were with you last year, and they are not there this year. There is deep pain.

While some are having fun at Christmas, others are in real pain. They need to know that the real message in all the celebrating is that God came to this earth and was born in a stable, and then He went to a cross and died for the sins of the world. That is the message we don’t want to lose. He was born to die so that we might live. He went to the cross, died, and rose again, and now He stands at the door of our lives and knocks.

Let’s not celebrate the birthday of Jesus and not let Him into his own party. Let’s not say no to Him because we are so busy and have so much going on. Open the door of your life and invite Him in.

Sometimes you may wonder where God is in your life. You wonder whether He has left you. No, He hasn’t. He is there. He is Emmanuel—God with us. In the hype of the season, let’s remember to just slow down, tune in, be still, and know that He is God."

- Greg Laurie

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Dec 16 2014

"Chocolate Bar" Book to Cure Disease, Angelina Jolie's Chickenpox, and More

"Chocolate Bar" Book Raises $1 Million to Help Cure Friend's Illness

No Joke: Angelina Jolie's Chickenpox Can Be Serious for Adults

5 Smart Picks at the Mall Food Court

See a Hero Tortoise Help a Friend Get Back on Its Feet

In Other News...

Take a Look at Instagram's 5 New Filters

Mark Hall on the show today
Jul 28 2011

Mark Hall on the show today

Mark Hall from Casting Crowns was on the show today, but in case you missed it, check out the audio below:

Mark's prayer for fathers:

The story behind his song "Courageous" and using it in the upcoming film of the same name:

Mark on his adopted daughter Hope:

Listen to the whole interview

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/28/2011 5:25:33 PM
Darlene United States
Darlene
All of the incredibly beautiful songs from Casting Crowns are so uplifting and stirs my very soul. My favorites: Until the Whole World Hears,Praise You In This Storm, Glorious Day, East To West, Voice Of Truth and Who Am I. Thank you so much for this wonderful music.

Darlene
7/28/2011 5:44:54 PM
Stan Fleming United States
Stan Fleming
We were able to attend a concert by Casting Crowns in Manassas, VA, several years ago.  My young daughter asked me, "where does their name come from"?  I suggested we email and ask.  So I sent Mark an email.  The next morning, Mark had responded and I read that email to my daughter.  She was stunned.  She couldn't believe that the lead singer of her favorite group had personally  responded to that email.  For Mark, thanks!  For all of Casting Crowns, thank you for the ministry your provide, the care you take with all those young and old who interact with you, and the life changing moments you give to parents like me who create those wow moments for their kids because of people like you!
7/28/2011 5:55:02 PM
Lynn United States
Lynn
Hi Mark.  I don't know if you got an email that I sent to you about 1 year ago.  I wrote to tell you how personally impacting the song "Praise You in this Storm" has been in my life.  On the night of March 8, 2010 my husband and I and our two biological children were suddenly and forcefully deported from our work at a children's home in Morocco.  We had to leave our two small foster children (1 and 2 years old) as well as our home and belongings.  Not only was it the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but it was also during the most intense and longest rainstorm that I have ever experienced.  I know that many people have been blessed through this song, but for us it was like every single word described each moment of that 5 hour bus ride away from our boys and work at the children's home (in a down-pour the whole way).  Thank you for your music, your witness for Christ, and your encouragement to believers in the hardest seasons of life.  Lynn Padilla
7/28/2011 6:10:24 PM
Gisela United States
Gisela
Hey I just have a ? about the movie you guys were discussing I caught the tail end and didnt catch the name. It sounded like one I would like to watch with my husband who struggle with being the man God has called him to be.  please foward the name and thank you all for being such a blessing to so many of us. God bless you!
7/28/2011 6:46:15 PM
Rozina United States
Rozina
Are you going to have a clip of his visit to the show today, loved him talking about people with tattoos getting "shuned" and how we should look at the inside not the outside of people!
7/28/2011 9:14:36 PM
Lisa Jo Colwell United States
Lisa Jo Colwell
I really appreciate my favorite song, Glorious Day, and Until The Whole World Hears, song and complete c.d.  May God bless people through Come To The Well, and of course the hit, Courageous.  Keep humble, so you  will not stumble. Good job! God bless the band and all of your families!
7/29/2011 6:11:58 AM
Heather United States
Heather
Thank you for serving. Is it possible to obtain a recording of yesterday's show and the conversations with Casting Crown? I believe there are words I need to rehear. Thank you
7/29/2011 7:50:00 AM
Kathleen United States
Kathleen
God bless Casting Crowns and the work they are doing in their community and around the world. There was such power in the words Mark said about the story at the well. Will the recording of the discussion be available for me to hear again?
8/1/2011 2:55:33 PM
Marcia United States
Marcia
I am so stoked about Courageous!!! Sherwood Pictures's movies are the best!
8/4/2011 8:07:55 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8/5/2011 6:01:30 AM
Kay United States
Kay
I was so happy to hear that I could write you through K-Love.  I lost my husband to a massive heart attack a little over a year and a half ago.  As you can imagine, I felt lost, but never lost my faith in God for His tremendous strength and peace.  About four months after Joe passed away, I heard a song on K-Love while driving to work one morning.  I was sobbing by the time I made it to work, but didn't hear who the song was by, and the only words I could remember were "and it's still raining."  I asked everyone I knew and no one had any idea.  I felt this tug on my heart to keep searching for that song and the artist.  I thank God for the spirit of rememberance, because I realized that a friend of mine had emailed me the lyrics to a song the day after Joe died.  Something made me find that email and read it, it was "Praise Him in This Storm".  I can't explain how I felt, God's tremendous peace over me.  I think God was trying to give me this song right after Joe's death, but left it to my will to read it when I could.  Four months later I was searching for that song, and there is was, all the time, just like JESUS, always right on time.  Thank you for "my song", it took a while for it to find me, but it did.  PRAISE GOD!