Aug 09 2011

Steven's "re-creation"

Steven Curtis Chapman was on our show a few months ago, and he talked about his new album re-creation featuring "Do Everything" that released today! Listen to how God has renewed him and the story behind some of his songs below:

The story behind "Do Everything":

The story behind "The Long Way Home":

Impact of "Show Hope" adoptions:

A new season of life:

Dancing with "Cinderella" again:

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (63) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/5/2011 1:19:03 PM
Amy Sidden United States
Amy Sidden
I have been a fan of Steven Curtis Chapman for MANY years, most of my life actually. I have watched him grow, his family grow, and his hair get shorter (thankfully the mullet was short lived). During the years I have attended numerous concerts, but one stands out among all others. In August of 2008, only three months after the accident; Steven came to the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC for an outdoor concert. He took the stage right as the sun began to set over the mountains. He began to lead the audience in "How Great is our God?"  Understandably, he could barely get through the song. I have felt God's presence in my life numerous times, but none as much as I did that at that momemt. It moves me to tears again as I type this.

I admire Steven and his family so much and they have been such an encouragement to me many times.

I just wanted to share and I thank you for your time.  GOD BLESS!

Amy
5/5/2011 1:19:59 PM
Tracy United States
Tracy
I have been a huge fan for many years.  I want to say what a blessing Steven's music has been to me.  Two of my favorites are "No Better Place" and "Got 2 Be True".  I know that KLOVE plays mostly newer songs but I would love to hear "No Better Place"

God Bless!
5/5/2011 1:28:40 PM
Rome United States
Rome
Huge fan of Steven Curtis Chapman. Love his music. Since I was a kid till now, I'm 29.

I didn't know where to put my prayer for the nation, but I am praying for God to raise up Christian educators. I want to see some good strong, well-educated Christian people (Theologians) who have a strong relationship with God to be teaching/educating across America.

Rome Tavares
5/5/2011 1:31:09 PM
Tracy United States
Tracy
Those two songs help me stay focused on keeping the course on God instead of the world.  It may not be the "popular" way but THE WAY for me since 1986.
5/5/2011 1:44:51 PM
Michell Diaz United States
Michell Diaz
So many God inspired songs. I've been listening to SCC since I was a teen (I'm 37 now). "Burn the Ships", "His Eyes", "Speechless", "Be Still & Know" , "More to This Life" all of these songs, and many more helped make me, me. Now I enjoy seeing my own kids sing his songs, "Dancing With the Dinosaurs" and "Cinderella" and well what can I say, but thank you for being true, obedient, and such an amazing Christ-like example. I count you as one of my heroes. God shines through you SCC!
5/5/2011 2:07:34 PM
Emily United States
Emily
I would like to thank Steven and his family for sharing their adoption story with us.  I've been a SCC fan since I was in middle school, and I was in high school when they adopted Shoey.  I attended a concert of his that year, and as Steven spoke about their story, I knew in my heart that someday, God was calling me to somehow be a part of adoption.  Fast forward a few years, and I married my best friend and a few years after that, we started trying for kids.  After 3 years of fertility drugs, desperate midnight cries to God, we decided enough was enough.   We began to pray specifically about adoption.  We felt God calling us to it almost immedietly.  We decided to tell our families at Christmas that we were going to being the journey!  The NEXT day, after posting our exciting news on facebook, I got a message from a girl I went to high school with, that at HER family christmas, her step-cousin announced that she had decided to give up her 5 week old little baby girl for adoption.  To make a VERY long story short, that little baby girl came home 3 weeks later, and she is now a year and a half old!  She is the BIGGEST blessing we have EVER received and I know God has an amazing plan for her little life.  Steven, thank you for being obedient to God's call on your family to adopt....He used your story many years ago to call me as a teenager, and now I am the mom to the our little angel.  God bless you!
5/5/2011 2:44:47 PM
Karen Arnold United States
Karen Arnold
I lost my father at a young age and still yearn for the day to come when I will be with him.  Your last CD has been such a comfort and also so inspiring. I want to go to heaven NOW! I can hardly wait.\
The other thing I wante you to know is that my husband and I have been foster parents and have adopted 5 children through the foster care system.
I love that you suport adoption.  To me an orphan is an orphan.  It doesn't matter where they come from.  We are winding up our years as foster parents and I am now trying to raise awareness of the fact that we have 500,000 orphans living in foster homes who are waiting for a family.  I know you concentrate your efforts on overseas adoption, but I was wondering if when you talk about adoption, you might mention that there are children right here and that it is usually free to adopt these precious children.  I see this a great mission field that is ripe for harvest.  I would love it if every child could go to a christian home.  I am so burdened for these children and believe that every child no matter where they live deserves a loving home. I pray for your family and your ministry. You have been a great blessing to me. Thank you so much.
5/5/2011 3:08:29 PM
Aubrie United States
Aubrie
I have been a fan of Steven Curtis Chapman since I was a teen.  I have been moved by many songs and how they speak to me.  I love Live out Loud.  I was able to go to a concert of his 2 years ago with my husband.  It was his first Christian concert and he was greatly moved by his authenticity and honesty. His daughter turne 15 this year and we are going to play Cinderella for her Quinceanera waltz song that she will dance with my husband.  I am so thankful for songs like that where I know that our family memebers who don't know Christ will be exposed to Christian music.  Thank you Steven, for your obedience to Christ and your transparency.  may God continue to bless you and your family
5/5/2011 3:09:18 PM
Justi Smith United States
Justi Smith
I saw Steven Curtis Chapman in Modesto on Good Friday. What an incredible concert. We were so blessed to spend that amazing evening listening to such a wonderful and God loving man and the "young ins". I cannot describe what a blessing it was. My heart was overjoyed to be able to hear him speak about Maria. As my eyes were filled with tears I was also so grateful for the beautiful opportunity that we all have with Christ in our lives.
5/5/2011 3:10:57 PM
Genesis Almanza United States
Genesis Almanza
I was wondering if you could play the song cinderella. This song means alot to me because it was my father and daughter dance 2 years ago for my 15th birthday. I am such a huge fan of Steven Curtis Chapman.
5/5/2011 3:15:48 PM
Winner Torborg United States
Winner Torborg
I have been one of SCC's die-hard fans since 1988.  He is approximately the same age as me.  I am a ministry teacher and writer, but a few years ago God had me and a friend write an evangelistic song, a speak-easy, about the oasis, if Steven would email me I would love to give it to him.  I don't have it recorded, but I would love to have him do it; he can have the rights to it, I don't care.  I am Holy Spirit baptized and I love the song, "Dive" because it talks about going all the way.

No Worries,
Winner
www.bolim.org
5/5/2011 3:16:21 PM
Cheryl Adams United States
Cheryl Adams
Thanks to SCC for your undying obedience to God the Father.  Through hearing your story for the making of the Cinderella song and a 5 year old daughter's love for the song,  God brought them both together.  My daughter Sara always has a million and one questions so she did one day at the end of last summer when she was listening to the Cinderella song on the radio.  After answering all her questions about the little girls that inspired the song she asked where the little girls were then.  I had the unction and no way out but to tell her that one daughter was in heaven waiting.  About an hour later we got to pray together for her to accept Jesus as her Lord!!!!
I can't imagine the loss but I know we will ALL be reunited in Heaven.
Thanks
5/5/2011 3:19:57 PM
Krista Winsor Canada
Krista Winsor
Hi Steven!! Youre songs are an awesome inspiration. I have a friend who got married last summer. She is originally from the Philippines and her dad couldnt make it to her wedding. It was a very happy day for her but also a very sad day because her papa couldnt be there. well she asked me to sing at her wedding, I sang Cinderella and told her that I was singing this from her dad. It was very special for her. She said thank you so much, under tears, and I was very blessed to be able to bless her with your music! Thank you for writing that song and allowing us to use it in peoples lives. God Bless you and your family!!
5/5/2011 3:20:41 PM
Courtney United States
Courtney
I just turned 26 last month, so I have been listening to Steven for around 20 years. I remember as a little girl my mom would play a tape on the vcr that had the Heaven in the Real World music video every afternoon and I would twirl around and dance. She bought me every album that he released and each one seemed to match exactly where I was in my life at that time. Now as a grown woman I am so thankful that I grew up listening to him and not what others around me were listening to. Those seeds were planted in my spirit. My father passed away two months before I was born, so I took Steven's words as fatherly advice.
5/5/2011 3:25:51 PM
Linda Linville United States
Linda Linville
I was greatly encouraged by Mary Beth's book and by your songs "Cinderella" and "Heaven is the Face".  I lost my 19 year old daughter in a car accident 5 years ago.  Cinderella brings back many fond memories for me of when she used to "dance" on my feet.  I think of her every day and tho I miss her a lot I know I'll see her again someday.  I have her to thank for bringing Jesus to me.  Steven, your music touches my heart.  Thank you for the music.  You are truly blessed by God.
5/5/2011 3:26:27 PM
Christina United States
Christina
I love his song, "Coming Attractions." When I did liturgical dance at my Church in elementary school, we danced to that song. I also hope to dance to the song, "Cinderella" with my dad at my wedding Smile
5/5/2011 3:32:16 PM
Michele M United States
Michele M
Thank you to SCC for the Cinderella Song.  I know have an amazing memory of my little sister dancing with my father to that song.  We did a dance with the little girls at our church that my sister, a good friend and myself did the choreography for.  We did this on a Sunday morning in June of 2009.  My sister was the bride dancing with our dad.  In Sept of 2009 my sister was diagnosis with a brain tumor.  My sister went to be with Jesus on January 21, 2011.  I can't listen to the song without crying.  I'm sitting here now thinking about her and missing her so much but I know I will see her again.  I can't imagine the loss he feels as a parent but I have an idea of how it hurts.  My sister was 24 when she passed away and left behind a husband and a 22 month old daughter.  Thanks again.
5/5/2011 3:33:58 PM
Annette Sorensen United States
Annette Sorensen
I have been ministered time and time again through Steven's music over the years.  I have always felt led to adopt ever since I was in elementary school. After 7 biological children, the desire to adopt was growing but it magnified when I heard of the news of the loss of Maria.  Why God used that situation to move in my heart and in my husbands heart I am not sure but He moved mightily.  My husband, 3 older children and I left for China in Feb. and on Valentine's Day we met our sweet little 2 year old little girl.  We were put on the waiting child program through AWAA and we were praying that the Lord would give us the exact child He designed for our family.  He sure did!!  She has a cleft lip/palate that will be repaired in July..but she is more beautiful than we could ever imagine.  What a picture it was for us of how Christ loves us no matter what we may "look" like...He takes us into His eternal family and loves us unconditionally. I thank God for using your family in our adoption journey and our spiritual walk with our Lord and Savior.
5/5/2011 3:34:13 PM
Meron Shoptaw United States
Meron Shoptaw
I was at a Women of Faith concert I guess two years ago, and was privileged to hear Steven Curtis Chapman do one of his first performances of the song "Cinderella" since the passing of his daughter. It was so very, very moving!  Being at the time a mother of an infant daughter this song was really something extra special. My little girl will be 4 in a couple of weeks and was just dancing around the kitchen to "Cinderella," which is one of her favorite songs.
5/5/2011 3:34:41 PM
Jim Bures United States
Jim Bures
Thanks for the free song of Building 429! That is such an awesome song.

Do you guys actually read your own blogs? I've left compliments before and never gotten comments back.
5/5/2011 3:37:26 PM
Hal R. Simons United States
Hal R. Simons
I can tell you I know that hurt Curtis and wife felt. I lost my 18 yr Daughter 3 weeks after graduating from High School in a car accident in a construction zone. The one song that I can't listen to is Cinderella, my wife can, but even knowing God had a reason, and I am resolved to that reason,that song brings back the memory that I will never dance with my daughter again, or walk her down the aisle in marriage. But, her death has allowed me to tell people of Jesica's faith, a faith that was how God gives us life and hope in the mist of troubles, and as a teenager she had her share. God has allowed me talk to people and share the good news of Jesus Christ, and how he sets us free.
5/5/2011 3:39:24 PM
Kerri United States
Kerri
One of the show choirs at my school (a public school) did "Live Out Loud" this year. It gave me hope every time I heard it. My grandma passed away on Feb. 10th, and hearing that song at every performance gave me hope Smile
5/5/2011 3:39:26 PM
lisa United States
lisa
Thank you Steven & family. I lost my Cinderella 18 yrs ago on Valentine day & thanks to you sharing your story today & singing Cinderella live I know the dance will go on. Thank you Jesus & thank you all. Blessings always.
5/5/2011 3:42:33 PM
Webber walker United States
Webber walker
Did Steven Curtis Chapman play at the 2nd annual Christian music festival in Mertle Beach SC around 1983? And leave there to play at at coffee house in Charleston SC? My band played at that coffee house and I often wondered if I had jammed with Steven back in the early days of Christian music
5/5/2011 3:43:30 PM
Christine Eastwood United States
Christine Eastwood
Steven's album, "Beauty Will Rise" has been such a blessing to me this past year.  My daughter died in a car accident, ironically the day that he was writing "February 20th", 02-20-09.  She loved horses and to ride and we played his song,"The Great Adventure" at her service.  I was just driving home from work, and heard the recording of "Heaven is The Face" that was done in the studio...It's helps so much to hear how you are feeling brought to words in such beautiful ways!!!  I know the hope he speaks of, and I feel his pain.  I just want to say Thank You to him for being strong enough to put it to music!!!  And thank you KLove!-Christine Eastwood
5/5/2011 3:43:42 PM
Dena Enyeart United States
Dena Enyeart
My sister inlaw and friend were murdered just 3 weeks ago.  On my way home from work, I was crying and talking to God about the "why?"  of it all.  Then I heard the Story of Steven's little girl and how he knew that beauty would come from the ashes.  I must say a small spark of hope came into my heart.
The new ending of the song is just what I needed today!  We will dance again with our love ones!
Thank you!!
5/5/2011 3:57:12 PM
Michele Lucas United States
Michele Lucas
Blessed are you when you mourn.  Jesus said it, but we SO don't get it.  Thank you for demonstrating Jesus' words for all the world to see.  May he continue to bless you richly.
5/5/2011 3:59:12 PM
Kori United States
Kori
Love, love your songs!!!  Also, absolutley LOVED the book Choosing to SEE.  The stories we fantastic and Mary Beth's humor is so wonderful.  My favorite story is/was when she talks about rafting!! I was crying b/c I was laughing so hard!
5/5/2011 4:00:31 PM
Kevin United States
Kevin
I can only tell how powerful SCC's journey has been, and I recently had the opportunity to share that witness with the staff at KLOVE.

Years ago I was listening to KLOVE in the car when Steven Curtis Chapman was being interviewed about his family and the impact of adoption.  I pulled over my car in tears, my heart bursting.  What had been a whisper in my heart that made no sense, suddenly became a call clearer than anything I had ever sensed in my life.  Through that process I learned about my great aunt who died many, many years ago as a medical missionary to orphans in China, and is buried there not far from MBHOH in Luoyang.  I learned that, even without knowing, the prayers of another generation can be answered in this one.  And that despite all obstacles and hurdles, our daughter is home.  Through that we learned that our God is the author of our redemption and the One who intends to adopt us all into his family in accordance with Ephesians 1:5.  And He can use anything, including a radio station, to move us along according to His redemptive purposes.

So, this morning as I watch my beautiful six-year-old girl sing along with Third Day's "Children of God" as its playing on KLOVE as we're driving to school, I wanted to say thank you.  Thank you for your ministry and for your abilility to continue to impact lives in service to Him.

Through their music and testimony the Chapmans continue to impact others.  Mary Beth Chapman recently spoke at my daughter's school this March, and in the crowd were families representing more than 40 adoptive children, mostly all from China, currently attending that school.  Bless you and your family, SCC.
5/5/2011 4:00:49 PM
Rose Taylor United States
Rose Taylor
Cinderella has to be my favorite song of yours. Can u tell us how u get inspired for each song? Please! and is there one song that just touches you and makes you want to keep writing and recording songs? Thanks Steven for all your hard work.
Love
Rose Taylor
5/5/2011 4:01:29 PM
Judy United States
Judy
I recently read Mary Beth's book.  I have been a foster parent for 20 years, 42 foster children.  I have 3 birth children and one adopted child.  I'm 57 years old and one of the many lines that stuck with me is, "Isn't it better to have an old mom than no mom?"  I loved the book and could relate to so much of it.  It is a priviledge to care for and love on these children.  Thank Mary Beth for sharing her heart.
5/5/2011 4:06:09 PM
Gabi Keenum United States
Gabi Keenum
The Chapmans have blessed us greatly!  Through their music, their adoptions & their real walks with Christ.  To allow us to be a part of their grief and healing has let us stand and watch God's tenderness and mercy.  I feel that we are standing on holy ground when we pray for their family and are able to see how God is using them to be a voice for little ones who so desperately need homes. They have been geunine & honest and we are amazed at God's redemptive work.  Our little Chloe (who is now 7!!) is here due to the Chapmans testimony about adopting Shoey.  Thanks for the gift of hearing his voice today LIVE in my car!  Concert in the car!!!!  Smile
5/5/2011 4:12:27 PM
Gabi Keenum United States
Gabi Keenum
Ok.  Have to post again.  Chloe came running in and said, "Mommy, it's my song on the radio!!!"  That song is why she is here!  Also, Show Hope gave us a grant. How can we ever say "Thank you enough!"

5/5/2011 5:15:30 PM
Christy Henderer United States
Christy Henderer
Thank you Steven for the song "Next 5 Minutes."  Many days it is my theme song.

That's all God asks of us.....do whatever in the next 5 minutes to give HIM glory NO MATTER WHAT.
5/5/2011 5:16:42 PM
Debbie Hershey United States
Debbie Hershey
Love your music !  Wish I could find your early Christmas album (cant even remember the title but its the best!); also have 2 Westies (they are very hard to housebreak!) but they are incredible dogs - dogs are a gift from God to show how just how much He loves us, how unconditionally He accepts us and forgives us no matter what we do or have done - its His little early gift to us with a little bitty part of Himself contained in each (good) dog ! ha isnt dog God backwards ?
5/5/2011 5:22:49 PM
Matthew United States
Matthew
I just wanted to tell Steven Curtis Chapman thank you for his music. My first christian album was The Early Years on cassette and have loved his music since.
Matthew
5/5/2011 5:23:04 PM
Linda United States
Linda
I went to an event for Show Hope in Jacksonville,FL several months ago.  I knew that the Chapmans were in the process of grieving, and hoped God would use the evening to help me find a way to grieve for my losses.  I have been trying to deal with several major losses for five years, and Satan has been beating me up so badly.  I tried to kill myself the November before.  I just can't seem to let the most profound loss go, the death of my mom.  So much sadness, and I don't know how to live with it.  I'm still seeking God's comfort and strength, but watching this family stand with such grace, and knowing that they absolutely could not do this on human strength, has been my life line.  My biggest encouragement.  I got Mary Beth's book while I was there, and am getting through it slowly.  There are no words for the God who loves us.  I have cried and laughed with her for months now.  God has used this family in a miraculous way to show me more of who He is.  I love the line in the song about Heaven is the face....NO MORE ENEMY!
5/5/2011 5:26:33 PM
Carrie United States
Carrie
I Grew up with steven curtis my self love all my favorite are the fun ones like great addvantures and songs saying wake the neibors also cindrellia very hard to pick a songs and when did dutthe sones with geroff morre and distancgs tank you for using your talnets to express days life
5/5/2011 5:26:42 PM
Danette Owens United States
Danette Owens
Steven,
My husband and I lost our infant daughter Phoebe who would be 10 now.  Our hearts broke for you and your family at the loss of your precious little girl.  But!  We know that God is faithful and that He would bring you through this as He did us, to be stronger on the other side, and to minister in an even more powerful way!
God bless you and your family Steven,
Danette
5/5/2011 5:29:11 PM
Heather United States
Heather
"Sup doc?"
I wanted to let Steven know that I really love his song "Dive", It reminds me that you have to trust in God, no matter what. "Sink or swim i'm diving in" in to faith. Thank you Steven for such wonderful music that I can truly connect with. You are such a wonderful blessed person
5/5/2011 5:32:35 PM
Nancy Turner United States
Nancy Turner
We lost my husband John's only child, Rebecca, in 1999 when she was only 16.  She was my only also, the child of my heart, and it took a long, long time before I realized that I got to the end of a day and I hand't cried sometime during that day.  The "Speechless" CD was fairly new and we played "With Hope" and "Fingerprints Of God" at her memorial.  Thank you for ministering to us in our grief.  We prayed for you and your family when we heard of your devastating loss.  We realized that we truly had to depend on God for the comfort of time, and finally understood the meaning of the words tragedy and weary.  We also got to the point of not wishing she was still with us because where she is is so wonderful! May your family be truly blessed.
5/5/2011 5:33:19 PM
David Plekenpol People's Republic of China
David Plekenpol
This is David & Victoria in Shanghai.  Hi Steven.  Great to hear your voice.  Congratulations on becoming a grandparent.  We are excited for Emily and Tanner. We are streaming in KLOVE with Kailin Grace, our amazing 18 month old adopted daughter.  Thanks to your inspiration, we have enjoyed the gift of adoption.  Come back to Shanghai!!
5/5/2011 5:35:01 PM
Heather United States
Heather
If I may say one more thing. Steven, even though what you have gone through you still keep going, and you still keep up your music. It inspires me to keep going even in the hardest times. If you can do it with what you've gone through, then I can do it and help others do that to. Thank you and God bless you
5/5/2011 5:39:07 PM
Peggy Gibson United States
Peggy Gibson
Thank you for being faithful and serving God, even now I have the stereo turned all the way up so that I can hear your inspirations as I weed around my daughter Hannah's tree, she died on October 15, 2009 at 8 1/2. Because only someone who has lost a child knows there are days when we want to go home now! Thank you! (I was unable to post earlier and sent an email that I would love for Steven to see.)
5/5/2011 5:40:33 PM
Courtney United States
Courtney
I want to thank you for everything you've done. I'm 15 and a sophmore in high school. I love your music. About a month ago we did a poetry project in my english class and had to present a song of our choice to the class. I played "Cinderella", and afterwards several people said they purchased it. It's amazing how one song can touch the lives of people of all ages. God is truely amazing.
5/5/2011 5:43:43 PM
Sarah Bovee United States
Sarah Bovee
Hi! My name is Sarah I'm 17 years old and I love your music. I wanted to tell you that a few years ago I had the opportunity to make a music video for a media class and I could pick any song I wanted. I chose "Cinderella" I had so much fun making it with my sister and some of the young girls at my church  and now i know the whole song by heart. I had the opportunity not only to present it to my class by all the students in my grade. Being able to share about God in my school through your song was truly a blessing! Thank you!
5/5/2011 5:43:54 PM
Andriea Smith United States
Andriea Smith
I had recently heard Cinderella and just became a fan of Chapman. 'Cinderella' makes me think of the amount of things i won't be able to do with my dad, he had died 2 weeks before my 12th birthday. But i never once Asked why or was it needed!
I looked to the sky where my help came from and I asked God specifically that i would love a father figure. The ones i see with thier daughters and their sons, even though my mom remarried to a very nice and funny man i still couldn't find what i was looking for in him.
Though Everytime i looked to God It never ceased That he was always a father to me and i haven't been more content with my dicoverey. Jesus on the other hnd is an awesome older brother! ^_^
5/5/2011 5:46:32 PM
Staci United States
Staci
In the summer of 2010, my then 18 year old son, Josh had to rush me to the ER because I was having hallucinations. I was crying, pleading, and praying as hard as I could. Josh grabbed your CD Beauty Will Rise and put it in the stereo. When it started I could not focus on anything. I took out the lyric sheet and tried to focus on it. You see, July 20, 1992, my son Mikey died from injuries received from a car accident he and I were in....Your words and music had been helping wounds heal. So Josh knew what I needed that night. The hospital wouldn't let me keep the CD that night, but I was allowed to keep the lyrics. Whenever I did not think the depression would lift I would focus on the songs' lyrics. Unfortunately, that car was repossessed while I was in the hospital and the CD was in it. But I still have the lyric sheet from inside the case. I will treasure it for a very long time. Thank you putting your pain and God's guidance to music. I hope I am able to buy a new one soon.  THANK YOU AGAIN
Staci
5/5/2011 5:47:11 PM
Roberta Vander zwaag United States
Roberta Vander zwaag
I will forever love the song dive and listened to it over and over while waiting for our son to arrive in our arms forever 5 years ago in Guatemala. Now whenever we hear Dive on klove, our Guatemalan son Sebastian says "that's MY song!" thank you Steven Curtis chapman and Show Hope for helping to bring our son home to us!!!
5/5/2011 5:51:32 PM
dave and yvonne United States
dave and yvonne
Love hearing the new songs from the upcoming CD Re:creation as well as some "old chestnuts being re-done.  When Aug 9th comes, I am compelled to buy 5 copies because my wife and daughters "Have to have it" in their collection for themselves. Looking forward to you coming back to Massachusetts soon. Love your music and ministry. I also have every CD you have put out.  Keep up doing God's work through your ministry and music!
5/5/2011 5:58:02 PM
Connar United States
Connar
Mr. Chapman,

I have a confession and an apology. I will be honest, I have grown up around the Christian faith and have heard your name often, and unfortunately I associated you with those who seem "holier than thou". I made this accusation without one bit of evidence or reason. I have recently gotten into Christian music (thanks to K-love) and that's where I heard about the Dove Awards. After seeing you and your wife during the awards and hearing your amazing story I was so ashamed for judging you! I could not have been more wrong. I apologize and I admire all that you do for children and the love that you and your family spread. I've also become a big fan of your music-incredible lyrics. You are an amazing man. Thank you so much for all that you do!!!! Again, take my apology....  =)   God bless you and your family!
5/5/2011 5:58:34 PM
Jan Brunner United States
Jan Brunner
After going thru almost losing both of my boys in the span of one year due to head injuries I found great comfort in Stevens book Speechless. How can God be so good as to fully restore both boys when the prognosis was so grim. Who was I that I deserved that. What did I do to be so lucky?  Seems odd to ponder those questions instead of just rejoicing in their recovery. Your book reinforced to me the abundance of His grace. That there is a master plan that I cannot comprehend and that I had nothing to do wit cause or recovery. So many were blessed thru both accidents most believe we witnessed two miracles. Would love to share the whole story especially the small parts that show how God is even in the small details  Peace and grace to you brother and thanks for your many years of encouragement thru music and words.
5/5/2011 6:00:50 PM
DEBBIE GOODRICH United States
DEBBIE GOODRICH
When you lost your Little Maria, I prayed for you and your family, such heartache. I had no idea I would soon walk the path of my youngest daughter going home to Jesus also.
MaryBeth's book "Choosing to See" has blessed me beyond words.

May God continue to bless you and your ministry!
5/5/2011 6:05:54 PM
Beth Josam United States
Beth Josam
Love your heart and love your music. Just recently gave a copy of my nephew's CD to the Casting Crowns Crew. My nephew was shot and killed in July by Random gang violence. He had recorded a beautiful song shortly before his death. His dad said that God told him that "Steven Curtis Chapman" would play his song, but give it to Casting Crowns if they would listen to it. During our Women of Joy conference, Mark Hall said that he had been touring with you, and thats when I knew God was in control. I hope they share track one with you. It's called "Two Step"  by Josh Mckenzie. If you don't see them, I would love to send you a copy. Josh wrote the words and music to it. It is such a blessing, I would love the world to hear it.
5/5/2011 6:11:04 PM
Kim Endraske United States
Kim Endraske
God is such a God of perfect timing and today is just one more example of that.  Today is the 14th anniversary of my nephew Brady's death.  At only 16 months old, he was tragically killed as he stood unseen in his driveway.

When I heard about Maria Chapman's death I was so moved by the similarities of their pain and have prayed consistently for the Chapman family.  I was blessed by Mary Beth Chapman's book "Choosing to SEE."  But today I am awestruck that God had Steven Curtis Chapman on the radio on this very day.  I have been thinking of Brady and my sister often today and I thank God for His comfort.

Hod has used Brady's tragic death to bring Himself glory in so many ways.  The day before Brady's death my sister's second son Matthew was born.  In fact, she had just returned from the hospital with newborn Matthew hours before.  She and her husband had named him Matthew because the name meant "Gift of God" and he certainly has been such a GIFT.

A few months after Brady died, my sister (who was not a Christian at the time) looked up Matthew 5:4 in a Bible she had received shortly before her son's death.  She looked that verse up because Matthew was born on May 4th - hence Matthew 5:4.  Do you know what that verse says, "BLESSED BE THOSE WHO MOURN FOR THEY WILL BE COMFORTED."

Who can say God is not REAL?  Who can say that God is far off and does not care for His creation?  God knew that on May 5th Brady would be called home and so He, in His infinite wisdom and goodness, chose to bless this family with a son, a gift, to comfort them in their grief.

Today we thank God for creating Brady and for giving us 16 months of joy with him and look forward to being reunited with him in Heaven.  We thank Him for the gift of Matthew, and the three additional sons He has blessed this family with.
5/5/2011 6:11:52 PM
Gloria United States
Gloria
My husband and I lost our 18 year old son to complications of treatment for leukemia the day after you lost your Maria.  It was sudden and unexpected.  I remember reading about your tragedy while still in shock over my own.  My heart went out to your family knowing the depth of your sorrow.  I have found so much peace in your album Beauty for Ashes.  The lyrics could have been taken directly from my soul.  The way you talk about asking questions that have to be asked and not understanding why yet through all that there are the lyrics of trusting God and believing that God is in control. Love the song Spring is Coming, which to me signifies the time I will see my son again, it's coming and I can't wait to hug him again! Thank for you sharing your heart!
5/5/2011 6:27:18 PM
angel lewie United States
angel lewie
i was listening to klove down in my room and decided that i wanted to tell you how many kids my parents adopted. now i don't expect you and your wife to adopt this many kids at all but my parents adopted 15 kids over 16years ago they adopted their first and kept on dopting for a few more years i was adopted on august 9 2000 with my 2 older sisters and my little sister. i have 5 older broy=thers, 10 older sisters, 1little brother, and 1 little sister. our lives have been hard we have had hard times but we always make it through it with God's help. oh and i love your song "finger prints of God" that has helped me through some self-isteem problems.
5/5/2011 7:46:25 PM
Kathy United States
Kathy
I love your songs they minister to me, thank you for your ministry. I love listening to Klove going back and forth to work, they speak to my heart, mind, and soul. I love the cds I have of you.

Love in Christ,
Kathy Allen
5/6/2011 1:33:00 PM
linda United States
linda
i love cinderella my dauter and my husband used to dance to that but now she is older
5/6/2011 2:45:49 PM
Lindsey United States
Lindsey
I listened to the interview yesterday with tears rolling down my face.  Last week was the 12th anniversary of our sons passing.  He was 4-months-old when he was shaken by the babysitter with blunt force trauma to his head.  I was not a believer then and it took 6 long angry years before I my life turned around.  I would want to throw-up any time I heard the word God, saw a church or a Bible.  In 2005 I started having the opposite reaction.  I would just burst into tears.  It took a full year before I finally understood what was happening. God was working in me all along I just wasn't getting it.  I have been a believer ever since 2007 and I have to tell you life has been amazing. The heartache from losing a child will never ever go away.  I still miss him tremendously every day.  I just wanted Steven to know that I have been praying for him since day one of his loss and will continue to do so.  You and your wife need to stand by eachother through all the hard times and never give up on one another.  You will grieve differently and that is ok.  Love eachother more than you have ever loved eachother.  The pain will never go away but with God on your side it will get easier.  You can do it.  Love to all of your family!  Lindsey  By the way - I love every song of yours that I have heard.
8/18/2011 6:27:41 AM
Kristi Anderson United States
Kristi Anderson
He just keeps getting better. I have cassettes of his that I listen to still right along with the CD's. I prayed for him and his family through their loss, cried/worshiped and rejoiced at his concert, and now am encouraged through this video. Amazing ministry, amazing family, amazing man of God. Thank you for sharing, both KLOVE and SCC.
8/18/2011 8:03:35 AM
Bree14 United States
Bree14
love that video and the song
8/18/2011 8:38:36 AM