Aug 24 2011

Home Delivery, News and "Super Mom What?"

Chris August Recaps on Kansas City, MO

Chris August is heading to Pheonix, AZ tomorrow.

Stories and details here.

Supermom myth can make you miserable. CNN Health

NASCAR driver Kyle Busch loses license for 128mph joy ride.

Facebook Simplifies Privacy Settings After Complaints. ABC News

Irate football dad arrested after biting 2 cops. CBS News

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/24/2011 2:45:42 PM
Kimberly Bittick United States
Kimberly Bittick
You do not want to be super mom. I was the mom who volunteered at the school, went on all the field trips, baked treats, was at all the school meetings, and all the school dances.  I cleaned, cooked, drove, had 2 biological kid, two adopted special need boys, and at one time four other kids who moved in with us for one reason or another.  With 8 kids and never saying "NO" I caused myself to have a series of mini strokes caused by stress, damaging my brain. Once I had to stop being super mom and saying NO, I went into a severe depression. Stopped going to church and basically stopped life. slept for about 2 yrs not doing anything or going anywhere.  I am back to living now but the damage has been done at 43 I have been diagnosed with early onset dementia due to the damage of the strokes.  My one last thing I am doing for my kids before it is to late is I am going back to school to finish my degree.  They will have no reason not to go to college and finish, if I can do it with all my challenges.  My advice be a good mom and leaver the super part for TV shows
8/24/2011 3:31:24 PM
Jaime Crandell United States
Jaime Crandell
I am a mom of 4, under the age of 8!  I am a pastor's wife, lead worship on Sunday and I work full time...I have lots of days when I am reminded I am not SuperMom!  On Mother's Day I had the opportunity to preach and of course I turned to my favorite/least favorite chapter in Bible, Proverbs 31.  Whenever I read it, I am always reminded how incapable of perfection I am.  I compare myself to this woman and I immediately freak out!  However, this time I saw something different...I realized the only way this woman could do all that she did was because she had...wait for it...maidservants!  So I told the men in our congregation if they wanted Proverbs 31 wives, they had to hire them some maidservants! Smile
8/24/2011 3:37:51 PM
Cece United States
Cece
I think that we are all super moms in are own way. Giving birth to a child is something amazing and powerful to start with. And not only that but, we have full responsibility of these little people until they start a life of their own. My children are awesome each one helps around are home and I think that makes a huge difference. I do most of the harder work once they go to bed thats the only time where I know my house will stay clean and I can sleep well knowing that I will wake up and relax for most of the day. So to all moms who care and love their children plus have time to spend with your hubby. lolSmile I think you are a supper mom no matter what!!

8/24/2011 3:45:07 PM
Sarah Elizabeth Self United States
Sarah Elizabeth Self
Sorry, Chris didn't get a date from that 'cutest guy in the world' gag.  I totally would have jumped at that chance, lol. Smile
8/24/2011 4:30:18 PM
Alyona United States
Alyona
Im a very big fan ok klove I listen 2 u all the time
8/24/2011 5:41:23 PM
Marlene United States
Marlene
Did I hear correctly?  Donna of Phoenix, AZ did not write the letter but won the contest anyways? Is this fair to the other contestants who actually wrote their  letters and did not win? What message are we sending our listeners when we reward this type of behavior?
8/24/2011 11:46:02 PM
Karen United States
Karen
Hi, Yesterday you were talking about (Super Moms), well I was one.

My house was clean, I did the laundry twice a week.  I spent time with the kids (3 of them). My children ate 3 meals a day.  I walked my 9 & 5 yr old to school, and then went back to pick up my 5 yr old because he only had a half day.   I did the laundry twice a week.  And on top of that I had to put in 66 hrs a week at my job. Phew!  Well that didn’t last long, after 2 yrs I had enough of being super mom, because I never had time for myself.  The other down side to being super mom is that nobody appreciated what was being done for them, my family took me for granted.  When I  got sick, they expected me to take care of myself and still take care them.