Aug 31 2011

Life Light, Bambi & Sports

This weekend September 2 - 4, 2011

Some of the artists that will be there: Chris August, Building 429, Britt Nicole, Sanctus Real, Tenth Avenue North, Jeremy Camp and more.

Someone save Bambi's mom! Worst kid films. TODAY

The real reason he won't talk? Most guys think discussing problems is a waste of time. Shine from YAHOO!

What To Do If You Don’t Like Your Child’s Teacher. Shine from YAHOO!

San Francisco Giants Fellowship Night Saturday, 9/3 vs. ARI 6:05pm

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/31/2011 3:12:40 PM
Betsy United States
Betsy
I think Bambi was not good for children because it portrayed mankind as totally evil.
Bambi'smom told her tiny son (Bambi) we must leave because MAN has come to the forest.  Hey- maybe they were picnickers, photographers... or a nice family taking a walk
8/31/2011 3:24:40 PM
gracie a. groh United States
gracie a. groh
I don't like Bambi because of the poaching other wise it is a good kids show

Gracie A.Groh age twelve
8/31/2011 3:27:59 PM
Yvonne Carter United States
Yvonne Carter
the voice of Bambi, Donnie Dunagan was born in my town, San Angelo, Texas. He was only 6 yrs old when he did the movie. Read about it in our newspaper, the Standard Times at GoSanAngelo.com in the March 5, 2011 edition. His own life actually ended up mirroring the life of Bambi. He is now 76 yrs old and very unassuming
8/31/2011 4:51:28 PM
craigthedad United States
craigthedad
I liked Bambi and thought it provides a good example of real life. The reality is that bad things happen to good people. Once something bad or even catastrophic happens in someone's life they have a choice: embrace living or embrace dying. In the case of the enchanted life of Bambi his father was always near to guide his son. When the worse thing does happen he pulls his son close to him and gives him direction. Isn't that what we want to teach our kids? When life get's bad you can rely on your parents and ultimately God to pull you close. My goal is to use the movies my kids watch as a tool for teaching them. Ariel and Jasmine rebelled and look what happened. Dash and Violet put themselves in danger by disobeying (as did Mr Incredible's ego). Lightning McQueen realized he was self centered when made to serve others and see their needs. The opportunities are endless! Bambi = trust your Father especially in the hardest of times.
8/31/2011 5:37:55 PM
Lauren Hickman United States
Lauren Hickman
I can definitely see Bambi being a bad kids movie. Making his mom die, making a bad impression on man kind, shooting, killing. Ya. It may be a huge Disney classic, but that doesnt necessarily make it a good kids movie.
8/31/2011 5:55:46 PM
Melinda Bandy United States
Melinda Bandy
A few things can used as positive and encouraging messages to our children from Bambi's experience:
1) teaching our children coping skills through traumatic experiences in that life goes on after the death of loved ones, people do care about them, and to have compassion for others that may have lost a loved one.
2) Respect animals as they are God's living creatures, too; and when we choose to take their life, there are consequences in the animal kingdom.
8/31/2011 6:00:58 PM
Natalie Totire United States
Natalie Totire
There are some good parts about Bambi, such as watching him and all his friends grow up and go through the life cycle.  However, it does give a warped view of man, especially of hunters.  Most hunters use their wisdom and do not go out and just shoot anything, especially a mother animal.
8/31/2011 6:58:54 PM
loric United States
loric
Who are these people that say Bambi and Ol'Yellar are bad kids movies?  These were great movies with a heart and a message.

I bet these people are the same ones who have no problem letting their 4-year old watch every Harry Potter movie.

Why are they so focused on a few movies that were made 40 or 50 years ago but have no problem sitting down and letting their children play any of the video games that have been released in the last 5 to 10 years ago.

9/1/2011 7:39:11 AM
gracie a. groh United States
gracie a. groh
I think that dear season is alright. I hunt but I agree with Kelly the plot is a little harsh for little children.
9/1/2011 7:50:22 AM
gracie a. groh United States
gracie a. groh
this is totally off subject but I just wonted to tell Kelly "your not old I have a typewriter that I use for writing  my books" p.s I think recerd players are awesome!