May 30 2014

The K-LOVE Fan Awards Are Here!

Fan Awards Selfie! #klovefanawards

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
May 29 2014

Remembering 9/11

Story Behind the Name

"The Other Country" Live

"Treasures In Heaven" Live

John Philippidi Near Death Experience

Pastor Rick Del Rio recalls being there in New York 10 years ago on 9/11

Pastor Rick Del Rio talks about what his church is doing on the 10th Anniversary of 9/11

Chuck Stetson talks about what we can learn from 9/11

Hope you made it to the FREE Concert at the East River Park Bandshell today with Brandon Heath, Natalie Grant and Burlap To Cashmere.  If not we will be in studio with the artists talking about the concert and remembering 9/11.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/8/2011 2:03:57 PM
Daniel United States
Daniel
Its so nice listening to your station, it just make me feel so safe being a christian.
Praise god for all he created and everything he has given us.

peace with you all

love
Daniel
9/8/2011 2:05:05 PM
Brenda United States
Brenda
I love listening to you guys anyway, but I have to tell you that rendition of the Star Spangled Banner by Natalie Grant actually gave me 'goose bumps'.  It was by far one of the best that I have ever heard and I love hearing people sing it-as I am retired AF and I LOVE AMERICA!!
Thank you Natalie and KLOVE crew!
9/8/2011 2:19:34 PM
Teresa United States
Teresa
I agree, I was in my car driving with the sun roof and windows open. I had the radio turned up. The Star Spangled Banner sung by Natalie Grant was AWESOME!!!! Was it recorded or is there any way to post the sound clip on Facebook?
9/8/2011 2:23:29 PM
Brandi United States
Brandi
I LOVED Natalie's Star Spangled Banner! It's such a great thing y'all are doing up there! I just went to NYC in May and even then it was such a solemn experience there. I was only in 7th grade when it happened, but my class turned on the tv and we actually saw the second plane hit the towers. I can't explaine the feeling that overcame the entire class! I want to tell y'all that the only two victims from Mississippi (where Im from) were both from my moms home town and they grew up together. The strange thing about it is that one was on the plane that crashed into the Pentagon and the other worked as a Lt. Col. in the Pentagon.. Their bodies were found ten feet from each other!

On a side note, can I BEG for Natalie to sing "Held" or even just play it on the radio. It's my all time favorite and it got me through some of the toughest times in my life
9/8/2011 4:18:56 PM
Iris Rodriguez United States
Iris Rodriguez
New york was home for my first 19 years of life, I was 16 on 9-11 and happen to be in Dallas, TX that day. I had just moved there and at first thought what I saw was a movie. When it finally hit that the place I call home was in such pain, I couldn't believe that we lived in a world where a person or people would ever cause this much pain purposely.Three months later I was back home in New York and I knew that New York was changed forever. Every thought I have of this day brings sadness for those lost, those that haven't regained there lives back due to the tragedy they faced and the hurt we as a nation have had to face. As a military wife with friends in Iraq it gives me a compassion to help and pray for all who have been affected and those who are still fighting for what happen that day. It's only by Gods grace that we have come this far after that life changing historic event.

Love,
Iris Rodriguez
9/8/2011 4:44:01 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Star Spangled Banner was INCREDIBLE!!

I love Love LOVED it! Bravo. I caught myself singing it afterwards LOL.

You guys are amazing God Bless and have a good time in NY.
9/8/2011 4:53:48 PM
Alyona United States
Alyona
You know I think its great that you guys are so helpful to all the people out there having a lot of problems and u guys encorage them and help them get closer to God.God has set a big plan 4 both of u God bless you guys wish u guys the best!!!! ponka gutsman a.k.a. Alyona Gutsman
9/8/2011 9:16:05 PM
Heidi Paulson United States
Heidi Paulson
Scott and Kelli,
I am so thankful for K-Love. You have been there for us in good times and bad, and that is just awesome!
I only caught a little bit of your show this afternoon, on my way home from work. I came in when you were talking with Burlap/Cashmere about Johnny. What a blessing that he is still here and able to minister through music. I just want to say to him, may God bless you and use you in a big way Johnny!
In 2002 my husband was police officer who was run into during a car stop. His injuries should have been fatal, according to this world's standards, but God had a different plan. Due to his injuries, he was forced to retire from the job he loved, serving our community. Just as he was starting to get on his feet, he was badly injured again in another accident that left him permanently disabled. God is using his struggles, and our family's struggles; and building our faith in so many ways. He is the master at turning pain into blessing. Although he still faces every day in pain, he has a message that encourages many, and God is using that. He's my hero.
See www.dependence-day.com for his story
9/9/2011 1:41:34 AM
Sandra United States
Sandra
So I am listening to Natalie Grant with you this 9/8/11 1pm CA time. And all I have to say is OMG. She was sing the national anthem. Do you know how hard it is to listen to that beautiful voice, drive and cry. It was beautiful. I have been looking all over for that song she did today. Loved it! Thank you Nalalie
9/9/2011 1:54:37 PM
Marybahmgoodfriend United States
Marybahmgoodfriend
I thank. God,for the gift of life. My parents were told,at my birth,to leave me at the hospital.to die,that I was born with too much spinal fluid on my brain.sixty one blest years later, thanks be to. God, i cared for my dear husband. Richard. Gerard. Goodfriend,who died. Nov 6,2009. Our eleven dear children,and three grandchildren,keep us busy,and we have thirty dear heart-adopted children,who asked to be family,because they didn't have anyone to love them.I have a little job at  m c e racing,in willows ca,up here,near  Chico,capassing out coupons,for a friends business.my bosses wife  Sharon. Darsey is a social worker at. Susanville ca Indian health,and she has me doing volunteer work for starting over strong as receptionist.they help formerly incarcerated ppl get their criminal records expunged so they can work.I'm physically and developmentally handicapped but I need to be out here helping ppl as u guys do.prayers r with u all.Ty Ty Ty for yours.mrs Mary b.goodfriend economy inn unit 117.willows,ca95988-2534phone1(530)448-2620. God  bless each and every one of u 4 being such a blessing to all.of. Gods precious ppl. Forever n. His. Grace and. Love, Mary. B. Goodfriend
9/9/2011 2:08:33 PM
Karen United States
Karen
Where were you?
.by Karen E. Evans on Friday, September 9, 2011 at 12:47pm.I knew nothing about the 9/11 attacks. I was a teacher at the local school and was home sick that mornng. My son went t o school as normal and I went back to bed. The phone rang, the secretary of the school asked me if the Hatfield children could spend the night with us because their parents were stranded in Dallas. I said sure; but, why are they stranded in Dallas? A shocked voice on the phone asked what I had been doing all morning? I said I have been in bed sick. She said you need to get up and turn the television on there has been a terrorist attack in New York. When I turned on the television I was like everyone else, SHOCKED! Not a saved Christian at the time, a person would think I grew up with a sailor because I sure did cuss like one.

Now, as a saved Christian I grieve along with others for the loss of life; but, my grieving is different as it includes some joy. What much of the world does not know is how Jesus used this horribe act of violence for countless people to turn to Him. Some making that profession literally living their final moments of their life. None of us know the Chritian that did not witness much, but through the rubble of a collapsing building; the smoke too thick to see the person in front of them; shared a personal testimony that lead whatever ears that coud hear to Christ.

When much of the media focuses on tragedy, the Christian chooses Christ and how His pattern is to take something thats seems horrible turning it into good. I have not only experienced it in my life, but witnessed it in many others as well.

I in no way intend to minimize the many heroes from 9/11 and after as I am sure there are countless. I am grateful to live in a country where I can freely share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As long as this country and its leaders include THE Higher Power Jesus Christ in decisions God will bless America.

9/9/2011 7:26:04 PM
casey lee lanoux United States
casey lee lanoux
hey guys
absolutely loving listening to yall.
but curious, I heard half of a story yesterday regarding 09/11. a female in listed into the service, to save money for college. without knowing the tragedy that would change her lifes plan.
I've been searching for her name.... any help?
9/10/2011 6:14:07 AM
Lois United States
Lois
Hi Scott and Kelli,
I may or may not have said this enough, but I think it was so awesome you did this free concert on Thursday -- thanks to you guys for coming here and for Natalie Grant, Burlap to Cashmere and Brandon Heath as well.  The fact that they all went out of their way to come here for a free concert, I feel honored that they'd all do that for us!  And even with the "speaker farts" it had to be one of my favorite concerts ever (and I've been to a lot!)

We haven't had a really good Christian station here in a long time, and before you guys started broadcasting to NYC, the only one of the three I'd even heard of was Burlap to Cashmere, and that's just because a friend of mine was really into them in high school.

I absolutely LOVE hearing new music, and having your station has been that breath of fresh air into my listening habits.  It's also pretty cool to be able to sit in my car in traffic-filled Long Island and instead of getting mad at the people who drive obliviously, or frustrated at the amount of traffic between myself and Starbucks, being able to use that time as an opportunity to worship.  You guys are my commute home, and I have come to enjoy leaving work even more in the past few months (shhhh don't tell my bosses!)

Thanks guys, you have no idea how happy we are to have you here in NY.
9/12/2011 4:59:44 AM
Julie Manwarren United States
Julie Manwarren
I was listening to KLOVE the other day and I think it was during an interview you had with Brandon Heath in which he spoke of Adam and Eve sinning in the garden of Eden and how God cursed the earth and he could never understand why God would curse the earth. But that God showed him that if imperfect people lived in a perfect earth we would have no knowledge of our sin, or our need for God.  He quoted C.S. Lewis "God shouts to us in our pain."  I haven't been able to find that interview here on the Scott and Kelly page.  Can you tell me if its available online somewhere?  I would love to hear the interview in full.  Thanks!  jmanwarren@gmail.com