Sep 26 2011

Having a favorite?

"Survey of 26,000 moms this summer, one in 5 moms admitted to having a favorite child (19 percent, to be exact)."

Moms and dads fess up to having favorites. TODAY Moms

"The U.S. postal service announced Monday that they're ditching the rule that you must be dead at least five years to appear on a postage stamp. Now living people can be on stamps too."

Which celebrities should be on postage stamps? TODAY Celebrities

"USA Today's Twitter account was hacked, apparently by the same group that breached the Twitter accounts of NBC and Fox News."

USA Today Twitter account hacked. Technolog on msnbc.com

"Daughter Jana Hacker says the family plans on "tossing Doritos chips in before they put the dirt over the urn."  Can we put him on a stamp?

Man credited with creating Doritos dies in Dallas. USA TODAY

"Most Americans know the facts about low-wage work, but many have been lucky enough to avoid actually having to live on $8 or $9 an hour. A computer game calls Spent gives you the opportunity to see what it would be like to walk in a poor person’s shoes."

Can you live on $9 an hour? Play the game. LIFEINC. on TODAY

Seasonal Help Section:

"Many Americans will want to consider going for that staple of seasonal employment, the Christmas holiday job."

How to get a holiday job. TODAY Money

"Macy's said this is an increase of 4% from last year, when the retailer hired 75,000 seasonal jobs."

Macy's to add 78,000 holiday jobs. CNN Money

"Toys "R" Us started hiring this week for retail positions such as toy demonstrators and sales associates."

Toys 'R' Us adding 40,000 holiday jobs. CNN Money

"Retailers and other big seasonal employers won't be hiring as many people this year as they did in the last years before the recession began, but some of them are looking to take on thousands of workers."

Who's hiring the most this holiday season. TODAY Money

The kindness of a stranger saved the race....

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/26/2011 2:30:03 PM
Raylene United States
Raylene
I have a favorite child but then I only have one. Which is a problem when I'm mad at him. My mom said she loved all of us equally but sometimes she didn't like us.
9/26/2011 2:34:44 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
I don't think I want to get a twitter account now if people are actually hacking a large company's account.
Why would a parent actually have a fav child anyway? Tong
I have one niece and I love her so much she probably will be my fav of my other nieces and nephews that don't even exist yet. XD
9/26/2011 2:35:39 PM
Karen United States
Karen
I am the last of 13 children.  My parents told me the one that is the favorite was whomever was sick at the time or needed the most prayers at the moment. This meant we were all the favorite at one time or another.
9/26/2011 2:51:23 PM
Ken United States
Ken
I vote for Tony Dungee to be the first on a stamp.
9/26/2011 3:06:24 PM
Dianne United States
Dianne
For a postage stamp - why not the LIVING recipient of the Medal of Honor - to honor not only him but all the service men and women serving our country.

thanks!
9/26/2011 3:10:05 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I have 4 children 3 girls and a son. Our 3rd and youngest daughter was was killed in a car accident 7 years ago, her name was Annie and she was 7 years old. 2 1/2 months after her departuure, the Lord placed a little boy in our lives. He was 1 hour old at the time. He is now 7 1/2. As to the mention of a "favorite" child, I wuld have to agree with Kelly in that our children are all different, and yes I believe there are those that myself connect with better than others regarding personalities and likings, BUT I have also learned and contiue to learn that the Lord hand picks each and overyone of our children according to His purpose. As to what is needed in each of our lives to draw us closer to Him and make us more like Jesus. So for me as a mom of a 25 year old, gettting married nesxt weekend, a mom to a 7 1/2 year old little man, and a grandma to our first grand-daughter placed in the lives of our 21 year old daughter, not to mention allowing the Lord to open my heart to "love" the sons I am recieving and have recieved through marriage. Motherhood is a sanctifying calling that the Lord has called to women, I laugh at how many times the Lord let me believe it was "my idea" only to be humbled by one of my children as He has and continues to use them in my life to teach me each and every day about HIM. Even through the lost life of our daughter. There has been no sweeter thing to see His kindness.
9/26/2011 3:42:38 PM
cece United States
cece
In regards to the post stamps I would not like to see any celebrities. Most of them end up in the news any-ways. I dont think this door should be opend at all. Instead why not honor the people who lost their life's on 9/11. I would like to see something that would always remind me of that day. Once's a year is not enough! Yes I know maybe it's not going to bring a smilie to ur face but, it will remind you to be greatful for what you have. god bless us all (:
9/26/2011 3:49:51 PM
Lee United States
Lee
I have never heard of this but I have to say I totally agree! I had a sister that the Lord took home at the age of 31. I have a brother that is 10 years younger than me. I have believed my sister then my brother was my parent’s favorites! I am not sure about love, they probably love us the same, however this article made my day!! I have felt this all my Christian life, so this lifted me up to know I wasn't the only one to believe this. However, I know how much my heavenly Father loves me so nothing else maters!!
9/27/2011 1:24:34 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Chad Graham of Anthem Lights (lol)

9/27/2011 2:05:32 PM
Barbara Romero United States
Barbara Romero
I know this is yesterday's story but didn't have time to get this to you: My Mom used to always freeze half a batch of her cookies and then she would get one or two out every night for my Dad (and he often snuck them out of the freezer when she wasn't lookin' so she would eventually find an empty container). Days after my Mom passed, my sister found one last container of chocolate chip cookies in the back of the frig.. So, when we buried my folks ashes together , the four sisters and three br-in-laws each ate a few bites of our cookie and then sprinkled the crumbs over the box, before they threw in the dirt. My Mom and Dad would have loved to be there!
9/30/2011 3:41:43 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
Or Chuck Norris. THAT totally needs to happen.
10/3/2011 3:49:53 AM
hh United States
hh
10/3/2011 5:35:02 AM
wasteking United States
wasteking
Thanks for a timely and pertinent post. I will share this post with my students and get them to act upon your advice. However, I am also going to check through all your procedures and make sure that not only my students but I also, am as safe as can be with a personal digital identity.
<a href="www.newwastekinggarbagedisposals.com/.../a>;