Dec 24 2009

Have Some Fun With Your Christmas Lights

Before you put your Christmas lights for the year... You may want to have some fun!!! Here is an idea!

Dec 17 2009

Help to Teach Your Kids Manners

If you have ever thought that good manners have sort of disappeared, you are not alone. I think that we all have wondered that at some point theses days. Teaching your kids good manners is not always easy, but I just heard that Chuck E. Cheese wants to help!!! I love this... They want to help you teach your kids good manners by offering them a little incentive, FREE TOKENS! Here is the Link, PLEASE check it out when you can!

Dec 16 2009

What Makes Christmas So Great!

Christmas is my favorite time of the year!  I love the fact that there are so many people open to hearing of Christ’s love.

There are so many things that make Christmas wonderful, like spending time with your family, the ample opportunity to love on others, and all the celebrating, Christmas parties at work, school, in the neighborhood, at church, in the community… they are everywhere!

For me, Christmas brings back such great memories.  I remember the road trips to grandma’s house, the cookies that my grandpa used to make, my favorite are those Russian Tea Cakes!  I remember the thrill of picking out our Christmas tree, and decorating it as mom played Christmas carols on the piano, or the Carpenter’s Christmas record, and of course I loved the presents.  I think half the fun was trying to figure out what we were getting, one thing that was never a surprise, new underwear! (thanks Mom)

I loved being in the church Christmas play every year, I got to be Joseph a lot, that was fun, I am just glad that I was never a cow!  I remember all the band and choir Christmas concerts, and the fun we had, and oh I remember when I was in high school, singing in the Madrigal singing group, I wasn’t thrilled about having to wear tights though!  Ewwwwwww!

As an adult, I have a whole bunch of new reasons to love Christmas.  Christmas was the first time I kissed my wife.  It is a blast surprising our kids with gifts under the tree, there was that one year though where we found out they peeked… we weren’t happy!  Watching all of their Christmas plays and concerts, and being the dad who pointed out, “that’s my kid!”  I can only hope that our kids will have as fond of memories as I did growing up!

I have lost both my parents now, sadly, both of them passed during the Holidays, which makes it especially hard.  It makes me realize just how important it is to make the most of every moment that we are given.  I hope that you have an amazing Christmas this year, may the Peace ushered in by the birth of Jesus be with you and your family, and may you soak in every moment!

Set Others Free
Oct 04 2011

Set Others Free

We are able to share the love of Jesus when someone listens to K-LOVE because you gave.  Share how has K-LOVE impacted you here.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (18) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/4/2011 3:57:35 PM
john United States
john
hey scott i was listening on the way home today and heard you say something about the dukes of hazzard. just letting you know they were from hazzard county GA not hazzard KY. god bless you guys  enjoy your show
10/4/2011 4:30:13 PM
Doug Helton United States
Doug Helton
I have enjoyed planting a seed with KLOVE in the past and have reaped the rewards... Starting in 1992 I pledged planting a seed of $30 per year.  My prayer was answered... by the way my prayer was that I would find a godly wife.  it was about 9 months later we were maried.  I have back sliden and been out of church for many years.  This past year I had rejoined the church.  Our son was baptised, we renewed our faith, joined the church now sign on te praise and worship team nd my wife teaches Sunday School.    I also planted a seed later to stop smoking that God would give me the will power; I have been smoke free since 7/30/2010.  God answers prayers!  Seed money isn't needed but this tells GOD that we're serious in helping the ministry.  I now only listen to KLOVE, I have turned off secular TV and try and surround myself by Christians.
10/5/2011 3:32:01 PM
Denise Daugherty United States
Denise Daugherty
I began listening to your station two years ago, the day K-LOVE began airing in Pittsburgh.  During the first pledge drive that I experienced I became a regular donor and was able to increase my donation during the following pledge drive.  I need K-LOVE now more than ever and am so grateful for this wonderful ministry.  In February there was a fire at my home and I am still not back in the house, my 21 year old daughter had surgery in March, my 25 year old son has been dealing with a medical issue and needs surgery, my 23 year old daughter is still dealing with the after effects of the fire and in September her car was destroyed in flooding, and I was scheduled for surgery October 10 and my EKG showed some abnormalities so tomorrow or Friday I will be undergoing a 3-5 hour stress test.  While I know God is with me, I would be lying if I said I was not frightened.  Listening to K-LOVE helps me to calm down and to hear the word of God.  Thank you to all of you who make K-LOVE happen.
10/6/2011 7:08:55 AM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
KLove is always there.......you always play the right song at the moment I need it most. Klove songs and Gods word has made me realize He never left me...He loves ME and will always be there unconditionally............ and listening to you everyday on the way to work - on the way home - cleaning house - it gives me strength to overcome any obstacles of doubt and fear that try to plague me from my past, it allows me to praise God no matter where I am and feel God's presence in my heart, life and soul like I never have before.  Thank you for all you do.
10/7/2011 4:11:28 AM
Priscilla United States
Priscilla
I heard the other day about a book. The prodigal son but
Don't know who wrote it. And also if anyone knows of good books to send my husband in prison I would love to hear about them. To encourage him and so his life would be changed and he would be saved. thank u
10/7/2011 1:22:32 PM
Laurette Champagne United States
Laurette Champagne
got mad love for Scott-ur funny. :0)
10/10/2011 2:48:35 PM
VS United States
VS
With various things going on in my life, I was wondering if I should donate during the donation drive, then I read the following:
www.lhm.org/dailydevotions.asp?date=20111010

and gave
10/10/2011 2:54:14 PM
VS United States
VS
(Sorry for the typo) Actually, the devotion that spurred me to donate was about spiritual needs:
www.lhm.org/dailydevotions.asp?date=20111006
10/11/2011 11:28:18 AM
Sharon Fewell United States
Sharon Fewell
I have been listening to Klove for years and last year started sending in $20 a month easy pay and I haven't even noticed that money coming out. God has provided so much for us that we decided to sponsor a child with Food for the Hungry this year and now I know God will provide for me to send an extra $20 a month to Klove. I do it willingly and happily since my kids Ayden (6) and Schuyler (12) and Tristen (15) have no choice but to listen whenever we are in the car and to hear Ayden asking me to turn it up when Third Day comes on just brightens my day. Thank you so much.
10/11/2011 2:43:55 PM
Mark United States
Mark
I travel quite a bit with my job covering NC and SC. Since I am in the car for several hours during the day, I love to listen to Christian radio. It helps to bring me back to the reality of who I am in Him. Thanks for your ministry.

My wife was reading http://www.pointemag.com !pointe magazine the other day and an article talked about how listening to Christian music helped to smooth out the rough spots in your day.
10/11/2011 3:50:58 PM
Daiane Ferreira United States
Daiane Ferreira

My name is Daiane F. im from Brazil ive been in the USA since I was 10 years old and Klove has been part of me since I first stepped my foot in this country KLove has been there for me even when I have no idea what the songs meant because I knew no English I thank God for this radio station!  i am 18 years old now just got married on July and my husband lost his job the first week we came back from honeymoon he still haven't got a job since then and today my mom had a cancer surgery it's been alot for us but to handle but like Mathew west's song says that God must think I'm strong enough to give me what I'm going through.... It's hard but like I said I think God I have KLOVE to encourage me every day! I wish I could give a donation of money but right now all I got is a prayer I want  to be part of this the same way that KLOVE has been a part of my good and bad times God bless everyone!
10/11/2011 7:38:57 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
AMEN scott
10/12/2011 1:50:06 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
Hey Scott, I heard you say you were from Windom, I have family in New Ulm, Mankato, Lamberton(My Uncle played for the twins as a pitcher for a short time and now is with the Razorbacks in managment), Sleepy Eye, etc.  My parents are from there, I was born there but dad transfered to the South(Louisiana) when I was a kid. I have spent many summer and winter vacations up there with family. Its my second home up there!!  You betcha, glad to hear from a fellow small towner up there.  P.S.  As a family we already give during the pledge drive.  My story is no different than most---- the people and music on this station lift my spirits---- At church we have many people whom listen.  We LOVE you guys!!!!!  Thanks for always being there and having on all the talented artists ,many days your songs bring me back to God and remind me just how LOVED we are by God!!!!  Peace and Grace with you and Kelli and all who are a part of your Ministry!!!! Love Tammy
10/13/2011 11:04:38 AM
Rod United States
Rod
Hi Kelli, I've been a supporter of KLOVE ever since you have been on the air in Knoxville,but I thought that I wouldn't be able to donate this year because my 45 year old darling wife Janet was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. Money is going to be really tight for a while and we are going to have to be careful how we spend it, but when we were making out our revised budget, the first thing Janet put on the list was our KLOVE donation. When I asked her about it she said "we'll make cuts somewhere else,God's message still needs to get out there and change lives" That won't surprise anyone that knows her,as she always puts others before herself. Please pray for our family and all of the others suffering with this awful disease. God Bless the wonderful work that you do.
10/14/2011 5:46:39 AM
grace the 11 year old United States
grace the 11 year old
hey everybody! I have a website for you guys to check out. It's about a little boy with surious brain damage. www.DeMarionslaw.com . This kid is amazing.
10/14/2011 5:09:28 PM
Kristin United States
Kristin
Scott and Kelli, I was listening to KLOVE tonight and I think it was Scott who told the story of a girl named Sarah who had called into the station and told you that KLOVE had saved her from committing suicide because of troubles she was having with her mother and other problems and tribulations she had been going through. This story really hit home for me because I to have thought about committing suicide because of family troubles. I want Sarah to know that she is NOT alone and that God is good and to keep faith in him and through him we can do all things!!
10/14/2011 7:59:28 PM