Oct 19 2011

Have You Seen The Sign?

I was at a restaurant the other day after church and noticed I could not read the score of the football game, but my son rattled it off like it was nothing.  I then realized that I am getting old, and that I need glasses.  What has made you say, "I am getting old?" Share your story here or on Facebook

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (18) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/19/2011 6:56:17 AM
Ann United States
Ann
Get contacts, they are great, then no one will know you are wearing them
10/19/2011 6:57:16 AM
Missy United States
Missy

I realized I'm getting old when my 15 year old daughter is telling me a story about what happened at school that day and sees a perplexed look on my face and says "Oh Mom you wouldn't understand, it is teenage talk."  I thought....didn't I JUST graduate from High School a couple of years ago? Ya........like 22!!!  Oh and praise the Lord for the people that invented glasses!  Much Love, Missy
10/19/2011 6:57:44 AM
LEVONIA JAMES BROTHERS United States
LEVONIA JAMES BROTHERS
Well Scott, I'm 54 years old and I am still wearing contacts - In denial about bifocals and all, so join the gang! AARP is just around the corner - And I love your show - Been a faithful listener for the last (4) years since my co-worker Julie Jackson turned me on to KLOVE!!
10/19/2011 7:11:36 AM
Sherry United States
Sherry
My husband is a school teacher and he says you know your getting old when you are having parent/teacher conferences with former students!
10/19/2011 7:11:37 AM
Rebecca Dawson United States
Rebecca Dawson
You know you're getting old when you groan getting in the bed and groan getting out of the bed... that is when I knew I was getting old... lol
10/19/2011 7:25:42 AM
Kevin United States
Kevin
You know you're getting old when you can apply for an AARP account and start getting discounts!! Smile
10/19/2011 7:26:05 AM
Michelle United States
Michelle
When you think to yourself, "Oh I wish they would turn that music down!"
10/19/2011 7:28:23 AM
Janine United States
Janine
I noticed that I was getting old when I heard my husband grunt as he leaned over to pick something up and then realized that I had done the same thing!!
10/19/2011 7:32:19 AM
Pat United States
Pat
You know you're getting old when the easy listening station your parents used to listen to is now playing the hits of your youth.
10/19/2011 7:39:56 AM
Rhonda Vance United States
Rhonda Vance
I called the eye guy and asked "Can you do that surgery that lengthens your arms, 'cause mine must be getting shorter?"  He made me new glasses!  (I got no-lines!  I really knew I was getting old, he was younger than meFrown
10/19/2011 7:41:07 AM
Mindie United States
Mindie
My husband and I both hit the "I feel old" at the same time.  My husband has started his 24th year of teaching  and I have been  blessed to get to help in his classroom all these years.  We were honored to be invited to one of his former students weddings, but boy did that make us both feel old.  He is now teaching children of former students.  We are having fun getting to know the second generation of families from our district. :o)
10/19/2011 7:48:08 AM
jeff United States
jeff
hi guys, hey you know your gettin old when your ears have more hair than the top of your head....trust me i know!!....lol
10/19/2011 8:00:54 AM
Jackie United States
Jackie
I found myself complaining about getting older...to my 92 yo Mother...who sagely said, "Age is a state of mind." Then she went off to her volunteer Native Indian prison ministry, turned over compost in her garden, baked someone a pie, played with her dog, hauled wood in for the fireplace AND takes care of her husband...married 72 years. Will I ever grow up?
10/19/2011 9:23:40 AM
Millie United States
Millie
I knew that I was getting old when my eye doctor said that I needed bi-focals.  It still took me a year to accept the recommendation.  Out of vanity, I got the no-line bi-focals so no one can tell.  By the way, I think you look very hip in your new glasses.
10/19/2011 8:46:25 PM
Kristin United States
Kristin
I almost came undone, and knew I was getting old when my daughter turned 30!
She had no problem with it, but as I said to her, "how can you be 30 when I'm only around 35?!"
She told me to "get over it..."   Happy to say I guess I have, as at age 57 I am currently half way through nursing school Smile
10/19/2011 9:32:54 PM
Tawnya United States
Tawnya
I new I was getting old when my niece got into my car (which I bought when it was only 2 years old) and said, "Hey your windows roll down like a jack in the box!" I never knew she had never been in a car without automatic windows. Frown
10/20/2011 6:35:39 AM
Ramirez family.from corpus christi tx United States
Ramirez family.from corpus christi tx
I lost my mom and dad then brother as well due to cancer
10/21/2011 9:03:14 AM
Dana United States
Dana
Well, I'm almost 15 and I wear glasses. I remember for about maybe 3 years ago I was in church standing by my friends singing a song and I couldn't see the words, even if I had squinted. So I finally ot red glasses and now I have "fish scales" glasses. Haha. Smile