Oct 20 2011

Self Advice

If you could give your "teen self" advice, what would it be?

Kelli Caldwell: "Don't worry so much about what the other kids are thinking. They are most likely not thinking about you at all!"

Hugh Jackman: "Love life? (spoiler alert) You will meet an incredible woman, and the choice to marry her will be the easiest choice of your life."

Alice Cooper: "Trashy girls are excitin' for about 5 minutes. Keep your eye out for a really good lookin' church girl. Then you'll have the best of both worlds."

Ricki Lake: "Talking is good … so speak up, and continue to be heard. Someday soon, the world is going to be listening!"

What advice would you give your teen self if you could? Share here or on Facebook.

Famous people give their teen selves advice USA Today

The restaurant provides gourmet-quality meals to the hungry while enabling them to volunteer on community projects in return without the stigma of visiting a soup kitchen. Bon Jovi opens charitable Pay-What-You-Can Restaurant in NJ HuffingtonPost

7 workplace blunders and how to avoid them Shine from YAHOO!

1. Taking things too personally

2. Not asking enough questions

3. Shrinking back instead of speaking up

Read full article for more tips.

Today's retailers have uncovered the science behind shopping. Your favorite mall stores actually hire such retail researchers as Paco Underhill, author of "Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping." 7 shopping secrets retailers won't tell you Bankrate.com

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (16) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/20/2011 2:29:45 PM
Amy United States
Amy
I would not give myself any advice. Advice may make me change some things I did which in turn could change how my life has turned out. I may have made mistakes and been hurt along the way but I would go thru it all again so I could end up right where I am now, married to my soul mate and part of a fabulous church and an awesome Celebrate Recovery program to help us get over life's hurts, hangups and habits.
10/20/2011 2:38:12 PM
Billie Jo United States
Billie Jo
I would of listened to my parents.  Today I see my parents were just doing what they knew best to do.  My parents were not christians, but God was spoken of and I thank the Lord that they knew of Him. Just a little bit of Him brougt me to know Him.
10/20/2011 2:44:35 PM
Addie United States
Addie
I am 12 and I spend every week taking care of my three sibbling while my Dad and Mom work at a family owned business. We listen to Klove a LOT. I am greatful for the advice from you Older folks. Smile
10/20/2011 3:08:02 PM
Jen United States
Jen
I would tell myself that my worth doesn't come from approval - even God's. My worth is strictly found in who God is. I am worth something because He has chosen to make me so, and no matter what I do or don't do, whether I please or displease Him, I cannot change my worth or His love for me 1 iota.
10/20/2011 3:15:18 PM
Renee United States
Renee
People look on the outside but God looks into the heart.
10/20/2011 3:25:25 PM
Sheri United States
Sheri
If I could give my teenage self advice, I would say " if in doubt... Don't!"

If I would have followed my instinct and the leading of the Holy Spirit, I could have saved myself a lot of hardship and heartache.
10/20/2011 3:53:07 PM
Anna United States
Anna
The 'nerds' are the ones who are successful. Always put your worries in the hands of God because he will ALWAYS take care of you. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!
10/20/2011 4:01:25 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
I would tell myself,"Don't try so hard to fit in, because standing out is what makes you beautiful."
10/20/2011 4:04:07 PM
Samantha Marion United States
Samantha Marion
I totally agree that we need some easy detox diet to detoxify our entire body. Detox Diet reflects healthy body and mind!

Samantha Marion
10/20/2011 5:14:13 PM
Stacy Wright United States
Stacy Wright
I would tell myself to keep all the clothes my classmates made fun of me in, so I can sell them to their children for 10 times what they were worth.
10/20/2011 5:53:42 PM
Amy Saunders United States
Amy Saunders
I would tell myself to keep standing up for Christ you will see when you get older that you have changed someones life and they will become saved by what you did. Also don't let people that are teasing you hurt you because you are stronger with Jesus on your side.
10/20/2011 8:33:46 PM
Heather United States
Heather
I would tell my 16 year old self that you can do anything that you set your mind to do.  Try out for the volleyball and softball teams.  Who cares if the other kids don't think that you're "cool".  You matter to God and that is what counts.  Besides, at your 25 year reunion, most of the boys will be fat and balding. Also, I would tell her that it is OK to tell someone that you are being sexually harrassed.  You don't have to take it just because you are shy.

10/21/2011 4:19:02 AM
Eric United States
Eric
Scott, it is called capitalism....does any really need to spend $500k on a Rolls-Royce? It seems senseless...but, someone will likely buy it.
10/21/2011 7:10:40 AM
Jenni United States
Jenni
I would tell myself to relax and try not to take everything so seriously.  And that perfectionism only drags you down:  "Sometimes 'good enough' is okay."
10/21/2011 8:54:08 AM
Dana United States
Dana
What would I say? Well, if I changed anything it would have changed my future. I listen to my parents, help people, etc. Maybe I would say, "Speak up, let people hear your voice as to what you have to say." I say a lot of things under my breath and occasionally I'm right. But I reall need to let my voice be heard for the LORD.
10/21/2011 11:24:07 PM
WordPress Theme India
WordPress Theme
IF I COULD GIVE THEM ADVICE I WOULD GIVE ASK THEM TO BE GENUINE TOWARDS ALL EFFORTS OF LIFE WITH TOTALLY INVOLVEMENT TOWARDS GOAL WHILE ALSO FOLLOWING LOYALTY.