Feb 08 2013

Heard on Today's Show

Robin Roberts' Return

We have watched Robin Robert's journey with cancer, and along the way she has continued to share her faith. We are so excited to see that she is returning to Good Morning America on February 20. How awesome is it to see everyone - even her "competitors" in the industry - welcome her back!

Dad Pays Daughter to Quit Facebook

Would you ever pay your child to quit Facebook? This dad did that exact thing:

Cat Takes 35 Minute Bath

Have you ever bathed your cat? In the washing machine?

Beiber Fever!

There are quite a few teenage girls that are excited about Justin Beiber being on SNL (even camping out in the blizzard!) - but we wanted to share his mom's amazing story of how a crisis pregnancy center helped changed her life and what she's doing to share:

What's For Dinner?
Nov 03 2011

What's For Dinner?

Trent Glaze Touchdown Story

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Expect cash from your ATM? So did THIS customer...!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (26) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/3/2011 1:47:17 PM
Eric Frazier United States
Eric Frazier
Scott:  If you cook tonight you need to do the best you can because remember, you do everything for the glory of God. Would you warm up some slop for Jesus if he were coming to dinner?  BTW I didn't think I was cooking tonight until now... thanks!  I kidd I kidd
11/3/2011 1:55:54 PM
Dwaina United States
Dwaina
ok, and I heard that the rules are at least 4 ingredients in the main dish, at least one utensil besides a FORK used, and he shops and cleans up...
I told my hubby though, that a restaurant menu counts in MY book as a "utensil"!!  LOL!
11/3/2011 1:59:19 PM
Madeline McClinton United States
Madeline McClinton
I'm blessed to have a husband that cooks a meal for for his family a least twice a week. His specials range from his roasted tomatoe pasta to "Sweet Daddy's Turkey Burgers". He even brought home a delicious Zachary's pizza with Pesto and pepperoni last week. The kids were in heaven and I had a relaxing evening after a long day of work. He even cleaned up the dishes for the night. What a MAN!!!
11/3/2011 2:00:30 PM
Deborah United States
Deborah
So - what about those of us who don't have men in our lives?  I suppose we have to fast tonight??  :-P
11/3/2011 2:17:30 PM
Veronica Santillan United States
Veronica Santillan
I am blessed enough to have a husband that has no problem starting dinner for me on any given night.  Ours is a true 50/50 marriage.  Something that is rare, even in this day and age.  A shout out to the love of my life, Juan Santillan.  Love you!!
11/3/2011 2:19:45 PM
Crystal United States
Crystal
If the wife just picked something up for dinner, would it be considered making it?   The husband should do what the wife normally does.
11/3/2011 2:23:08 PM
TRS United States
TRS
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is thinking like Deborah.

It's a cute idea and I'm sure it's fun to joke around, bending your gender stereotypes... but please don't forget that there are many faithful people out there listening who would love to have a spouse or boyfriend/ girlfriend and don't...  and you are purposely excluding them from your ministry when you overlook them consistently through two drive times.

How about invite your single friends and neighbors to dinner night?!!!

T
11/3/2011 2:26:46 PM
Brent Weaver United States
Brent Weaver
This is great. Not only is it National men make dinner day, but it is also National Sandwich Day.
11/3/2011 2:30:17 PM
elaine United States
elaine
11/3/2011 2:33:41 PM
Monica Edwards United States
Monica Edwards
As a single lady, I enjoy cooking and experimenting in the kitchen.   However, I love, LOVE, love it when a man knows his way around the kitchen!  Definitely bonus points for dates who cook!  Extra bonus points if his repertoire is not limited to hamburgers and hotdogs....lol
11/3/2011 2:51:35 PM
Aleena United States
Aleena
well, my man can only "make" microwavable meals..haha..does that count?
11/3/2011 2:56:14 PM
Kris United States
Kris
My husband LOVES to make dinner!  Sometimes he makes reservations, sometimes he makes a phone call (to order pizza) and sometimes he makes a stop at the local fast food drive thru!  But I am always grateful because it helps me out!
11/3/2011 3:02:50 PM
Tamara Horton United States
Tamara Horton
My husband, Nate, is an excellent cook. We talk a lot about him making a cookbook so tonight's dinner is Kung Tao. I am treated all the time to amazing meals.  He is also a designer and today we finished up designing an amazing holiday cookbook by The Healthy Edge. We are looking forward to trying out these recipes in the next two months.
11/3/2011 4:09:04 PM
Abigail United States
Abigail
I am only 10 years young(almost eleven) but my dad never really cooks but he does make breakfast every saturday. Either pancakes, french toast or baked oatmeal ;) he does a great job though he can  cook but he doesn't.
11/3/2011 4:42:07 PM
Luisa Penaherrera United States
Luisa Penaherrera
Hi!! So I heard this on K-love and thought, "wow, I didn't know there was such a day". So when my husband came home, I gave him a kiss and asked him if he knew what today was and when I told him, he said "alright, we are going out to eat!" he's so funny! And that is what we did Smile
God bless you guys! Love Klove!
11/3/2011 4:44:21 PM
Paul United States
Paul
Scott, I put this on Facebook but it's also Sandwich Day!  Be creative and make a sandwich!  That should count!
11/3/2011 4:50:06 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
Believe it or not, it's my 17 year old son who volunteered to cook tonight. Score!
11/3/2011 5:01:53 PM
Scott United States
Scott
I don't think this man making dinner is fair a when I make dinner every other night...lol
11/3/2011 5:04:14 PM
Danielle United States
Danielle
I really don't want my dad to cook dinner because once he made scrambled eggs for breakfast. But he put crushed graham crackers in them and they sank to the bottom of the pan and made a black crispy crust. Yuck. He made us eat the eggs anyway. They were disgusting!!
11/3/2011 5:45:07 PM
Dee flores United States
Dee flores
My macho truck driver hubby not only made his famous Thai peanut butter chicken for dinner but he also went shopping for the ingredients after work!! He was happy when JD announced the day today!! Thank you Honey you are the best it was yummy!!
11/3/2011 5:51:33 PM
Colleen SImons United States
Colleen SImons
Scott & Kelli,

I just wanted to note that I am an avid listener, especially during my deadline of designing and publishing a direct mail publication in eastern NC-all myself. I am a single mom, and my soon to be husband has loved my child dearly for 7 years no and has ministry mising sound at a local church which has an awesome worship team. That being said, it truly wasn't unitl listening to your show this evening that I knew anything about the "National Man's Night to Cook Dinner", and as God would have it, he was making chicken nuggets and instant mashed potatoes for me and my daughter while in my file upload crunch time. I know it may not seem like the most extravagant dinner, but I wanted to say he is a blessing to me while I work as I am self employed, as is he. we all had alot of laughs over the reality of the 'Man Cooking Dinner Tonight' theme and wanted to pass it on to you, my special radio/miinstry hosts. I really am blessed by all you do and the music which speaks volumes into my heart.

Colleen
11/4/2011 11:34:54 AM
clarence United States
clarence
Scott & Kelli.  I took you at your word.  I went home last night and prepared dinner.  A really nice frozen pizza, but my wife and daughter went to Bible study and didn't have time to eat much.  My wife only ate one piece and my daughter none.  When she came home she wanted something else.  I ended up bringing the leftovers to work today for lunch, so effectively, I made dinner for myself, and leftovers made lunch for me today.  I guess I'll have to plan dinner for another day!...
Clarence-ps, I love your show!...
11/4/2011 3:33:39 PM
Jon United States
Jon
I don't understand this holiday, as most married couples have an established dynamic that works for them. For my family, I work, my wife stays home, and she cooks. Why? She can start at 5 so we eat at a decent hour. If I were to cook, we'd eat at 8. For one of my friends, it is exactly the opposite. We each have our responsibilities to fulfill in the family. Who has what responsibility is unimportant, and in this case I find it somewhat spiteful in that it implies women are unfairly burdened by having to cook. Do we need a national women mow the yard day? A national women change the oil in the cars day? No. We just need to joyfully share in the responsibility that God has given us.
11/4/2011 3:34:15 PM
Jon United States
Jon
I should say you guys are doing a great job keeping it fun, but I'm way over it.
11/7/2011 8:01:59 PM
Ricki United States
Ricki
I love ya'll..I listen to ur show everyday..When my sons and I get in the car my 2 1/2 year old ask for me to turn the Radio on ..He loves ya'll too...so as my pastor would say " SOW SOW SOW"!!!!Have a Great Time!!! Thanks You and God bless u and ur family!
11/8/2011 7:20:35 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
My dad fixed Chicken And Rice soup (didn't exactly follow the rules for Men cook dinner day but oh well) and my mom and I left the house to run errands. Well, we come home and eat and he peppered it so much, that the soup turned brown and it was almost too spicey to eat!!!! LOL!!

So much for Men Cook Dinner Day haha.