Nov 11 2011

Thank You Veterans!

Happy Veteran's Day! We are SO grateful to all who have served to protect us. Tell us about the veteran you are honoring today. What makes him/her so special? Feel free to share photos with us on our Facebook Page!

The Top 3 Reason You really Need a Good Night's Sleep. Shine from YAHOO!

UCLA Operation Mend Reconstructs Severely Burned Military Faces. Huffington Post

Life in a Military Family: 5 things You Might Not Know. Shine from YAHOO!

Top 10 Reasons to Hire a Military Veteran. abc NEWS

Husband digs through nine tons of trash to find wife's ring. TODAY

Yankees, Bank of America and ServiceNation team up to honor veterans and prepare "comfort packs" for troops on Veterans Day at Yankee Stadium. yankees.com

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/11/2011 1:54:13 PM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
I salute my baby brother Michael.  He lost his life in Iraq 6/4/2006
11/11/2011 3:34:43 PM
Kayla Hornbeck United States
Kayla Hornbeck
I want to salute my sister and BEST friend, Miranda Landrum. She spent a year in Iraq and it was a really hard year for. Letters came and went along with lots of tears! I thank God that she is back. Shes was so brave and i couldnt have asked him for a better sister!!
11/11/2011 4:03:05 PM
Greg and Trina United States
Greg and Trina
This is for my step daughter Kerinne and her new husband Stephen. They are newly weds and serving in Afganistan. This is his first tour and her second including one in Iraq. They were just home briefly and I told them they are both my heroes. We pray for there saftey every night. They are in two differant companies and are Blackhawk mechanics. Interesting note, she is a sargant,door gunner, crewcheif and flight instructor. He is a newbie on the block. We love then both dearly. God Bless you our heroes.
11/12/2011 4:06:34 PM
Ken Bucy United States
Ken Bucy
I want to honor my mother & father, both WWII veterans.  Dad, Wm. W. Bucy, was a Staff Sergeant and a tanker in Belgium when his unit was ambushed.  The top of his skull was literally blown off and he was left for dead.  Another unit down the road heard the firing and came a rescued him (that's another story).  Several surgeries and rehabs later he was introduced to 1LT Maxine Windsor, an Army nurse.  They fell in love (taboo in those days for an officer an enlisted to fraternize).  Mom resigned her commission and they were married Sept. 1, 1945.  She is still taking care of him 66 years later.  Dad was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.  I owe my faith in God and my sense of patriotism to their strong examples in my early years.
MSG(ret)USA
Ken Bucy
11/13/2011 5:24:14 PM
Lois Franz United States
Lois Franz
My brother-in-law, Bruce Brumfield, retired from the Air Force.  While he served during a time of relative peace, I'm thankful for those who serve during war time and peaceful times.  It proves that they are willing to protect and guard our freedom and keep our country prepared in the event of attack.
11/15/2011 5:14:52 PM
Christine United States
Christine
I am grateful for my daughter's boyfriend Adam who has been serving the country that he loves for nine years now.  He is currently on tour and I lift him and his entire troop up in prayer.  God bless and protect our military so that they can continue to protect us.
11/15/2011 8:50:39 PM
Monica Vance United States
Monica Vance
Having been a military wife, I know the heartache of seeing my husband go out on deployment for 6 months at a time...  but what joy to know that each time he left , God kept him safe to return home.  After ten years of serving our country and two wars, I will always rememeber why he did what he did, and it was so we can have freedom here..May God continue to protect our military as they continue to serve..