Nov 14 2011

Coming Together to Make a Difference

Thanks for helping us make a difference!  You can hear about our weekend adventures and how we came together with you to Make a Difference.

Kelli spent the day at the Sacramento, CA Operation Christmas Child Packing Party, over 6,500 shoeboxes packed.

Chelsea Clinton to report for NBC News. CBS NEWS

'Hawaii Five-O' cast to aid veterans project. Miami Herald

Justin Timberlake Goes to Ball with Marine Who Posted YouTube Invite. abc NEWS

Ride Amagara: Africa 2011

11/14/2011 2:02:08 PM
Debbie United States
Debbie
Scott - you just read something on the air... based on Psalms 105:4... can you post that? Would love to have it where I could read it every day! Smile
11/14/2011 2:49:51 PM
les United States
les
Hey scott and kelli. Was great to meet you scott in san antonio. Keep up the lords work. God bless
11/14/2011 2:52:10 PM
Audrey United States
Audrey
Scot - I just heard you ask for a miracle for Lynsie (sp?) and wanted to let you know our God is still in the miracle business, I am walking living proof of it. 11 months ago today I went in for gastric bypass surgery was to be in hospital 2 days. I had a leak in my colon and got sepsis and was at deaths door, kidneys failing I was on a respirator for 4 days and God heard the prayers of many prayer warriors and helped me live. I was in the hospital 13 days I had to learn to walk again and came home using a walker and on a feeding tube.

I was off work 3 1/2 months. It has been a long dark valley in my life but my Loving Lord kept reminding me to take hold of His hand (Isaiah 41:13)and he has healed me. And I might add I am healthier than I have ever been I have so far lost 115 pounds and I am NO LONGER on any medicine for diabetes, high blood pressure or cholesterol.

So please know I will be praying for God to perform a miracle in Lynsies life as well.
Keep up the great work at K-Love you touch so many lives.
God bless you
Audrey in PA
11/14/2011 4:00:48 PM
Melissa United States
Melissa
Since it is Make a Difference Monday I just want to share something special that happened yesterday with my second grade Sunday School class. It was the last day for our Operation Christmas Child shoe box collection at my church yesterday. As a class, the kids had not contributed much to our little box, and I was feeling a bit discouraged. At the end of Sunday School, Kiera, one of my students, reached into her backpack and came up to me (her dad was there to pick her up.)She gave me a handful of dollars and said that she wanted it to go for Operation Christmas Child. This little girl gave ALL she had saved to help a child she didn't know. I was speechless! What a generous and loving heart.
11/14/2011 5:11:00 PM
Lucinda United States
Lucinda
Hello my name is Lucinda. In regards to make a difference Monday, i would like to share my story of what happened this monday morning...its something simple but the simple things mean a lot to a person when it makes them feel loved.

I work at a spa as an esthetician(skincare, waxing, makeup)I never work Sundays or Mondays and one of my clients called me this morning on my cell phone. She told me that she had a last minute job interview this morning and asked if there was any way I could get her in for a face waxing because she has thick facial hair. So I agreed to meet her at the spa within 15 minutes. when she arrived, I took her to the back room to do her waxing. We got to talking about how she had lost her job and couldnt find another.she is about to loose her car and house. I wanted to do something extra special for her. She never wears makeup because she cant afford it, so i offered to give her a free makeup makeover.While i was doing her makeup she mentioned that she was praying to God that she would get a job, which opened an opportunity for me to ask where she was in her walk with The Lord. She told me she doesnt go to church regularly and she has been thinking about it a lot lately but she hadnt found a church she enjoyed going to.i invited her to come to the church i attend and explained how awesome it is. i went on to tell her how i got baptized earlier this summer and have been growing in my relationship with The Lord and that I have learned how he takes care of us when we are faithful to him. I finished her makeup, she took a look in the mirror and was amazed at how beautiful she looked...(and one of the hairsylists styled her hair free of charge) so she was feeling so beautiful! SHe handed me her credit card to pay and i took her hands, looked her in the eyes and said " i dont want you to worry about paying me today, i will be praying for you. I want you to go to that interview and get that job!...but I want you to do one thing for me...come with me to my church this Sunday" Smile Se gave me a big smile and agreed.

Glory to God! Showing people the love of Jesus! I have been praying for God to place me in situations and with people to let God love His people through me and lead them to Him. I want to encourage others to ask The Lord for these opportunities because no words can explain the joy i felt in having those prayers answered to bring God glory! Ask Him to work through you to bless others and He will!
11/14/2011 5:58:37 PM
Mark United States
Mark
I was really moved by Jason Gray's Remind Me Who I Am and this weekend I found the video on youtube.  I decided to post it on my facebook wall with the following note:

No matter how much we know another person, they may hide something they are ashamed of or don't want to talk about something that hurts them. They may feel no hope. Those you know, reach out to them, even if you just spoke to them 5 minutes ago and remind them how important they are to you, thank them for being in your life... remind them who they are...let them know they are so beautiful, cared for, loved and mostly - they are not alone. I promise you, you will change their life.

There was someone in my life hurting and I hadn't taken the time to remind her how important she is not just to me but others also, so I did this thinking of her.  Then after about 2 minutes I realized, I couldn't expect others to do it, if I didn't do it myself.  So I spent most of Saturday evening going through my facebook family and friends writing a note to them and thanking them for being in my life and how better off I am for knowing them.  Some were moved by the video.  But what moved me the most were the responses of those who said what I wrote to them they really needed at that moment. I could only thank God for working through Jason Gray to inspire me.  I take no claim, I know it was God the Spirit working through me to let them know they too are beloved - not just by me, but God.  And as Robert Frost wrote: and that has made all the difference.