Nov 25 2011

Thankful for ___? Day 5

Good friends! - Kelli

Friends and a great church. - Scott

11/26/2011 8:15:38 AM
Denise Trone United States
Denise Trone
Thankful for my husband's salvation.  Bret and I had taken up your challenge to play KLOVE always for the past two years, and we both enjoyed it so much.  I know that listening to worship songs about our Savior only made our relationship better.  As I mourn the sudden death of his beautiful soul, I am being blessed by the life and legacy Bret left behind.  There is too much to tell about what has been happening in our community after his passing, but I am asking you to pray, pray, pray.  Bret's memorial service is on December 3, 2011, and God is working in the hearts of Tehachapi.  Our goal is to celebrate Bret's salvation and tell the people who love and miss him that the love of God he portrayed sprang from his relationship with his Savior.  Pray that people will hear and understand the salvation message and that they will receive Christ as their Savior.  I would like to leave you a link to my Facebook post to give you little more background.  Thank you for holding up Jesus every day!  http://www.facebook.com/deeskee?ref=tn_tnmn#!/deeskee/posts/2657412359356
11/26/2011 5:03:10 PM
Mabel United States
Mabel
My very dear  scott &kelli love u both but I realy get very sad when I hear either of u use the word holiday for the most bless time of the year, it is christmas  season, not holyday season cos Jesus is the reason    for the season the world has realy  realy tried to remove Jesus from the  whole season,and call it holyday   season but it will not work,but do not help them by calling the most bless time of the holiday, pls  help by not using that word and    remain bless in Him luv u all mabel. sac  ca
11/26/2011 6:19:14 PM
bubba United States
bubba
thankful for my closet Friends and few family members that i have left
11/28/2011 1:42:29 PM
Andree Brunk United States
Andree Brunk
I am thankful for this year.  At the beginning of the year when the morning show has us choose a word for the year, I choose "Obedience. I can't even begin to tell you how God as used me this year.  It has been incredible and He is still moving me to "obey" Him.  I am so thankful for God, that He wants me to obey Him so that we can have a relationship that will last my lifetime and beyond.

I hope you will do it again this year.  I am looking forward to God giving me a new word.  Actually I think He already has.  Thank you God.
11/28/2011 2:22:50 PM
Regan United States
Regan
I am thankyou for Scott and Kelli.  I listen to y'all every day and you really inspire me.  I've been struggling in my faith lately but by listening to you guys i'm doing better and growing stronger.  Thankyou so much for all you do (:
11/29/2011 2:54:43 PM
SANDRA United States
SANDRA
I AM THANKFUL FOR MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS; AND MY GRANDMOTHER.  I hope this is the right place to write this..so here we go.  My brothers and sisters and I were separated from each other and our grandmother when we were little...4 of us were with grammy, the summer of "73";we were seperated for aprox 20 years, that fall; and placed in the state's care. I am 48 now and my brothers and my sisters and I, take care of grammy, who is 90. This is a little Christmas story for you, about Christ strength in love in family.  When we were at grammy betty's house that summer of 73, grammy bought my lil brother a tonka truck; and i got a froggy!  ( yes, the lil gal is talking here...lol) I was 09, my lil brother john was almost 5; I was not always the nicest big sister; especially that summer.  My lil brother got his tonka truck taken from him, by me ...the big mean sister.  I took the tonka truck and ran with it ...because dang it !! I wanted to play with it! In my selfish greedy state of mind, my brother started chasing me through the front screen door...face and forearms  first...(he ended up with cuts on his arms and his face from me ) and proceeded to chase me through to the back screen door as well; Johnny then tumbled down the back porch steps needing stitches and we were heading to the hospital; 157 stitches later, and myself feeling very, very guilty, grammy did not spank me ...but she had a long talk about how lil brothers are special...we both cried together while she held johnny in the hospital. We went home and johnny was healing that summer with big sister getting paid back. This is where the lil froggy comes into the picture.  My froggy was my "security blanket"! not long after that' as johnny healed, he got revenge, he took my froggy and tore the legs off the frog!...he won...  I did nothing but cried for quite awhile.  We were  separated for 26 years that fall of 73.  My grandmother in Michigan, us children separated in Missouri, the boys in one foster home; us gals in another; We grew, had families of our own, the four of us have been through many changes and growth. We kept in contact one way or another; sparsely; as we have gotten older; we have become closer to one another; And grammy is our icon!!!  Ok, now about the tonka truck and the froggy; every year at Christmas, My lil brother gets a tonka truck...and i get a froggy;  and alot of hugs and laughter; the point being made; For us Christmas is about family, and forgiveness, to those who hurt us; tore us apart; and now, well now, God seems to have allowed us to see that we are blessed because we learned at an very young age to forgive, and I pray often; and when I do not think that I have the strength to forgive, I see my brother johnny's face, he smiles and chuckles at me everytime we hand one another a tonka truck, ...and a froggy! Johnny has a scar on his chin, and a lot more on his forearms, and he still loves me anyway! Unconditional Love; My brother is a rolemodel when it comes to Unconditional Love to me. I am thankful for my lil brother who is now 45.  God, thank you for my grandmother and my brother,sisters, and your hand in bringing us back together to be a family again.  Your blessing is with me as i hug my granddaughter . Thank you Jesus for my bible that was given me as well, because I found you.  Heavenly father, thank you for your son, the true gift of unconditional love!!!!!