Dec 08 2011

I Can See Clearly Now

Do I look smarter? I had to get glasses... I am feeling older BUT man I can see better! It's like having HD eyes. Ironically enough Kelli is too because I see more wrinkles!

ViginiaTech updates

Please join us in prayer for the students, faculty and family.

Live Stream PRESS CONFERENCE

food for thought, EATING WELL ON A BUDGET. SESAME STREET

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/8/2011 12:58:57 PM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
Scott----I think you better with glasses.  Not that you looked bad without them.  Just saying Smile
12/8/2011 12:59:18 PM
John United States
John
Sorry, Scott, but those glasses look a lot like mine.  I do not look smarter for wearing mine and you don't either!
12/8/2011 1:03:04 PM
angie United States
angie
They should hand out filters with those new glasses so you don't slip and offend your friends or co-workers!  My kids hate when I get new glasses they have to clean their rooms on a whole new level!!!!
12/8/2011 1:09:24 PM
NIKKI United States
NIKKI
WOW SCOTT YOU'VE LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT! SORRY JUST LOOKED AT THE MAIN PIC WITH KELLY AND YOU LOOK GREAT! NOW YOU CAN SEE CLEARLY THROUGH THE RAIN NOT ONLY PHYSICALLY BUT SPIRITUALLY! MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!

P.S. K-LOVE IS APART OF MY DAILY ROUTINE AS SOON AS I GET TO WORK I TURN ON THE COMP. AND FIRST THING I GO TO MY FAVORITES KLOVE.COM- I DO THIS EVEN BEFORE I TURN ON THE PHONES. THANKS FOR BEING THERE WHEN I DID MY CHRISTIAN LIVE RADIO SEARCH ON GOOGLE. MAY GOD BLESS BE WITH YOU Smile
12/8/2011 1:16:54 PM
Brian United States
Brian
The 'HD' vision is fabulous, I know, but I hope you told your wife how much more beautiful she is... (just helpin a brother out!)
12/8/2011 1:25:10 PM
Jane United States
Jane
Scott, you look fine. Just knowing you can see as God designed you to see, should make you glow! You look cool. I am older than you and my distance vision started to just get blurry. When I got my glasses, I was so surprised how much I had been missing. Wow!  Not to bifocals yet, but still blessed to have my vision.
12/8/2011 1:28:13 PM
Gia United States
Gia
Scott,your glasses look great on you.  Whole new guy, invisiline and glasses!!!!  I miss you 2 on my drive home.
Gia
12/8/2011 1:38:23 PM
Lynn Robinson United States
Lynn Robinson
Hi Guys.
I have a funny glasses story too.  I first started having vision problems at 10 years old.  I was near-sighted and could not read the board in school.  I did not want glasses so for a whole year, I did not tell anyone that I could not see, including my parents.  Well a whole year went by, and when I was 11 years old, I was sitting in the car with my dad and he asked me to read the license plate on the car in front of us.  Well, I could not read it.  Then, he asked if I could see and I admitted for the whole last year that I could not see.  He was a little bit mad at me but soon after, I got glasses and used eye drops to supposedly reduce my nearsightedness. The eye drops did not do anything so I quit using those after a time.  But, when I first got the glasses, it was amazing how clear things were after living w/o them for a year.
12/8/2011 1:56:14 PM
Maggie United States
Maggie
Scott - I like the glasses, but what's with that shirt!?
12/8/2011 3:23:01 PM
amanda United States
amanda
your glasses look great! i just got new ones and seeing the world is worth it Smile
12/8/2011 3:44:48 PM
Alayne Stevens United States
Alayne Stevens
Common Scott, Michigan definitly has more of a thumb than Wis. Not even a fight.
12/9/2011 9:32:45 AM
Teresa Matthews United States
Teresa Matthews
Scott,

Several years ago my husband had the LASIK procedure, and at that time the patient had to wear special protective eye guards and not open their eyes until the next morning after the procedure.  (My hubby had worn glasses for over 30 years at this time and has a wee bit of a hypochondriac...) So, the next morning prior to his post-op visit, he tells me he thinks something has gone very wrong.  I asked him what was going on with him and he replied that he was seeing "black lines when he opened his eyes".  After a few more questions from me, I "diagnosed" him with seeing his eyelashes for the first time!  We still tell this story in our family when in need of a good ribbing for Michael, my husband!
12/9/2011 9:38:33 AM
Teresa Matthews United States
Teresa Matthews
Scott,

I also have a story of my own - back when I was around 20, 21 years old, I had to have "tubes" put in both ears (the very same type used for small children with ear problems).  The procedure was painful, but a total success.  My little brother had taken me to my physician's office and was there to drive me home.  While we were backing out of the gravel parking lot, I became extremely alarmed and cried out to my brother, "What is that ROARING sound????".  Turns out it was just the sound of tires on gravel - something we most of us hear subconciously, but WOW - it really made me appreciate the gift of hearing!
12/12/2011 11:07:02 PM
Allison Hogan United States
Allison Hogan
You look great, Scott!  You look more distinguished and hip with your new glasses on.