Dec 20 2011

Dog Gone It

Yahoo! Shine got an advance peek at this year's most popular dog names list:

Most popular canine names for females

1. Bella

2. Lucy

3. Molly

Most popular Canine names for males

1. Max

2. Buddy

3. Charlie

Sneak Peak: Top Dog Names of 2011. Shine from YAHOO!

Your supermarket shares much in common with your county fair. Roll your cart down the aisles and you’ll be assaulted by bright lights, enticing smells, and row upon row of shameless hucksterism (“9 vitamins and minerals! Everyone’s a winner!”)

Eat This, Not That: Surviving the supermarket. TODAY

hose baby changing stations found in public bathrooms often look a little suspect when it comes to cleanliness. But of all the things you might imagine would be mucking up the surface, probably cocaine didn’t cross your mind.

Baby changing stations: Convenient for swapping diapers -- or doing a line. TODAY

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (145) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/20/2011 1:14:37 PM
Athena United States
Athena
My Dad read my brother Treasure Island for the first time this past fall, and soon after we got my brother his first puppy. Being in the mindset of the book, my brother named his puppy Hispaniola, after the ship. Well...that's a mouth-full to yell across the yard, and people thought we were calling her Espanola. We've taken to calling her Hissy for convenience.
12/20/2011 1:15:10 PM
Maria United States
Maria
We rescued a Beagle 4 months after my mother passed away from a brain tumor because the puppy's breeder was just hospitalized with a brain tumor!  We shortened my mom's maiden name and call our stinker dog - Laney!  She's the best!
12/20/2011 1:15:39 PM
Heather Ferren United States
Heather Ferren
We lost our family dog after 12 years. So we got a rescue puppy. She had crazy, wiring hair and she was so little. They all had names picked out but I looked in my grandma's big white Bible and I found the name "Adaiah" in the back of the Bible. It stuck and to my knowledge it's a man name but everyone loves and I still haven't heard that name for any other dog. the meaning of "Adaiah" (a-day-ah)is witness to the Lord.
12/20/2011 1:15:53 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
We had a dog that we named Timex.  Our last name is Licking.  So...  we went with the old commercial.  "Timex takes a licking and keeps on ticking"
12/20/2011 1:19:11 PM
Arcie United States
Arcie
A friend brought a dog in to the office and was cuddling it. I said it was so precious why was it here. She found it and it was full of fleas. It was a small white multi-poo. She put it on my lap and asked me to keep it until she found the owner. She never found the owner and I couldnt give it up. The only name I could think of then was Precious, so that was her name. People would come up to me and say she is so precious whats her name. I would say PRECIOUS......
12/20/2011 1:19:49 PM
Jean United States
Jean
We got a new puppy 9 years ago and our family of 5 decided we had to all agree on a name. So we went to a website of alphabetical dog names and started through the list. It took us all the way to the "W's" to agree...and we named our loveable puppy "Winston".  He was with us until just a few months ago when he passed away. This Christmas we are getting a new puppy on Christmas eve and her name will (most likely) be "Wilhemina" and we'll call her "Mina". We hope to have her as a part of our family for a long time!
12/20/2011 1:24:28 PM
Debbie United States
Debbie
Well, we had a dog named Spike Lee he was a minicher poodle that was very aggresive...

We also had a dog named Wolf-Gang who was a Corgi-German Shepard mix who won 1st place in an ugly dog contest because he had ears that went up-over-then down, a black diamond on his head (natrual hair not actual diamond...), so being a Corgi-German Shepard mix he had a German Shepard body on little Cogi legs...
12/20/2011 1:25:10 PM
Diane United States
Diane
Growing up, whenever my Mom had a frustrating moment, she would say "Sugarfoot" instead of a bad word that starts the same.  So when I got a puppy, and she kept having accidents in the house, I named her Sugarfoot.  It was a good name for her because she is mostly black with white feet and is a very sweet dog.  She's 13 years old now and has been a very faithful friend to me, she follows me everywhere.
12/20/2011 1:26:03 PM
Angela United States
Angela
My dog is a 70lb Pitt Bull that was born with a little hinge for his bottom jaw. He has to eat out of a flat dish and cannot bite. I used to take him running with me but he got attacked by another dog and could not protect himself. I now keep him safe inside our home. He is so kind and loving towards people and other animals. We call him BUCKIE! He is the best!!! He will be 8 on 1/11/12!
12/20/2011 1:26:59 PM
Heather United States
Heather
Our six-year-old golden retriever's name is Roux, pronounced "roo" like the end of kangaroo. A roux is a French cooking term. It is the flour/butter or oil mixture that is cooked to a caramel color to start a gumbo or sauce. We used to live in Louisiana, so Roux's name is a nod to Louisiana cooking and the time we enjoyed there. He is also the color of a light brown roux. Also, while we lived in Louisiana we knew someone with a bulldog named Gumbo.
12/20/2011 1:27:58 PM
Jan United States
Jan
We had a dog that we named wäshsha, we pronounced it wooshaw. We had just gone to Ethiopia and adopted 3 siblings, so we named our dog that because that is how you say dog in Amharic.
12/20/2011 1:28:55 PM
Linda United States
Linda
Rapha Nissi - We named our therapy dog - in training Rapha Nissi because it means Healing Victory.  Since we know our words have healing we wanted to keep speaking over our mission: to serve and be of healing service to those in mental distress.
12/20/2011 1:29:58 PM
Kim United States
Kim
I named the pup Mytor - The Triumphant. He is living up to his mighty dog status. This March 1st, he ran across the street avoiding being crushed under a car. I called this little pup toward me to console his fear and whines. I was going to give him to a good shelter or rescue, but I bonded with him while I consoled him in my arms. I used to think he was part terrier, but he ended up looking more like a muscular, gold, golden eyes, Labrador, looking German Shepard/ Husky like dog that runs like a greyhound. He is a spiting image of an American Dingo/Carolina dog.
12/20/2011 1:35:10 PM
Carmeleta Randolph United States
Carmeleta Randolph
I have a beagle/jack russell named Spudder and we just lost our wolfe/chow mix who was 14 years old. Her name was Mrs. Beasley.
12/20/2011 1:38:15 PM
Danielle United States
Danielle
My husband and I have 3 dogs. A yellow lab named Cooper, a black and white mut named Lola, and a mini wiener dog named Frank.
12/20/2011 1:38:33 PM
Mary United States
Mary
I had a German Shepherd named Audrey Pupburn. I am a huge Audrey Hepburn fan, and my friend Mitch said I should name my dog Audrey Pupburn instead of Audrey Hepburn b/c she's a dog.
12/20/2011 1:40:39 PM
Anon United States
Anon
As I can't own any pets (apartment rules), I would like to share the name of a friend's pet: Okie

Here is his story:

Following a devastating twister several years ago, my friend went out to Oklahoma to help them recover what they could. After several days there, she spied something on the side of the road on her drive to the airport.

It was a little puppy, somehow separated from his mother before he should have been. Not wanting to leave this defenseless pup to fend for himself, she adopted him on the spot and took him to the airport with her. He was named "Okie" after Oklahoma.

Southwest Airlines had a carrier for the pup so he could go in checked luggage, and they promised to keep an eye on him. At the layover, however, a flight attendant told her that Okie wasn't doing so well. The pup was very frightened and had been anxious and crying non-stop. They admitted that if Okie were to ride in checked luggage the second leg of the flight, he would not survive the trip.

They gave the pup some water and took him for a walk around the tarmac under the docked plane. Then the captain himself brought the pup to her and, against regulations, they allowed her to carry him to her seat and hold him in her arms the second leg back to New England.

Being held helped calm the pup and he did survive the ordeals of storm, separation and flight. Okie lived a full and happy life - just a month shy of 14 years.
12/20/2011 1:42:04 PM
Nathalie United States
Nathalie
I had a little dachshund named "Beignet", named after the powdered sugar coated and fried doughnuts you get in New Orleans.  I had another dachshund named Sienna, named after the crayola crayon of that color.
12/20/2011 1:43:09 PM
PAULETTE United States
PAULETTE
When my daughter was younger she had a little mountain feist that loved French Fries so she named her "French Fry". Her first litter of pups, my daughter kept a male pup and named him "Tater Tot".
12/20/2011 1:45:00 PM
Marc United States
Marc
We have a "rescue" that was named Randy Travis. We call him Travis. His brother, another rescue was named Conway Twitty....with those names, maybe that is why they needed to be rescued!
12/20/2011 1:45:40 PM
Andrea United States
Andrea
No dog, but I have a great cat. Her name is Ms. JacksonSmile
12/20/2011 1:45:55 PM
Becky Brown United States
Becky Brown
We have a Chiahuahu family, mommy, daddy, and puppy. The mommy is named Almond Joy, daddy is Toby for Sir Toberone, and puppy is just plain Chocolate. We named them all candy names.
12/20/2011 1:47:18 PM
Karen United States
Karen
My rat terrier chomped on everything when we brought her home as a puppy, so we named her Chomper.   When she was 3 she was hit by a truck and lost an eye.   She lived 14 years until this past October.  Hence, she was dubbed Chomper1i.
12/20/2011 1:48:09 PM
Gloria United States
Gloria
I know this is for dog names, but we have two rescue cats:  Molybdenum and Penicillin.  Molly and Penny for short.  My son was a chemistry major in college, and the names were suggested as a joke.  The vet loves the names!
12/20/2011 1:48:18 PM
Esther United States
Esther
We had adopted 2 puppies which are longer with us.  Chihuahua Terriers and one was active and one was very relaxed.  I told my kids that the perfect names would be Speedy and Sleepy.  We eventually gave them away and Sleepy was changed to Mickey and they are now about 10 yrs.
12/20/2011 1:48:30 PM
Drew United States
Drew
My Norwegian grandfather  inspired the name for my boxer Nordische lowe!  http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordische_Löwe
12/20/2011 1:51:28 PM
Dawn United States
Dawn
I've had dogs by the name Streaker,Mooch, and now Freebie and Debit.
12/20/2011 1:51:59 PM
sandra United States
sandra
Our dog is a rat terrior and is a real terror. My mom named him Festus, after Matt Dillon's side kick deputy Festus Hagin. He didn't look like much either but was full of spunk just like our Festus.
12/20/2011 1:52:13 PM
Mike H United States
Mike H
To be fair to the family, everyone was able to pick part of a name for our new German Short Hair Pointer.  (Since we had a 4 year old,) the full name is 'Gretta Garbo Popscile Belly Scooter'. Gretta for short.
12/20/2011 1:53:39 PM
Karen United States
Karen
Our dogs name was Laoni (lay-o-nee) We were told she was a Hawaiian poddle and it was a Hawaiian name. Not sure how true that was, but it was a cute name for a cute dog.
12/20/2011 1:53:45 PM
Rebecca Wolfe United States
Rebecca Wolfe
Ok well we have 9 dogs 6 Chiahuahu's 1.Queen Tinky Winky(Tink Tink),2. Grayer,  3.Squishy, 4. Mrs. Bear,  5. Bella, and  6. Skibo.

2 labs Katie and Molly and Then one pomeranian named Beans.
12/20/2011 1:54:27 PM
rachel barr United States
rachel barr
I had a mixed dog. part terrier,lab and golden retriever. He was born on 2/11/04 this also happens to be my daughters birthday and Thomas Edison's. My son on this same day was doing a report on Thomas Edison. So we named him Edison Thomas. Called him Eddie. He was like a cat, laid around. Was scared in storms. I moved and had to give him away. I so miss him.
12/20/2011 1:55:59 PM
Rochelle United States
Rochelle
My older brother bought us a pure breed Yorkie about 11 yrs ago from Brooklyn, NY so on his way back to the Bronx, while on the train, he started bonding with the dog and started saying different "dog-type" names. Of course it would be our dog that wouldn't respond to any of them.  So he started using "human-type" names and our Yorkie lifted his ears up when he heard JUSTIN!! =) So Justin it was! He passed away about 1 yr ago.  He was the best companion anyone can have!
12/20/2011 1:57:15 PM
Nathalie United States
Nathalie
My dogs name is Petunia Chanel Zapata Pimentel!!!! ...I loved the name Petunia but i had to pick a middle name for everyone else lol. I picked Chanel because my dogs dad is called Gucci (the brand) so Gucci, Chanel!
12/20/2011 1:58:44 PM
Kelli United States
Kelli
about 1 1/2 years ago I was feeling really down. I felt as though God was testing me and my faith. I had to put down my yellow lab and best friend in the world due to a rare condition that left her completely paralyzed. We were moving across country and because of our jobs, my husband had to move 3 months before me. I was all alone for 3 months, I couldn't find a job in our new location, I had just lost my best friend, and we had been struggling to get pregnant for years. The day before I made the drive across country to meet up with my husband, I found out about lab puppies from the same mother as my previous dog. I picked up a 6 week old black lab and took him on the 36 hour drive with me. I named him Job because he was the beginning of a new beginning Smile For a long time i felt like I was Job from the Bible, but because of my husband's strong faith in the Lord, I also remained faithful. What better, more fitting name, than Job for my puppy? I am proud to say that not only am I a mother to Job, but I also have a beautiful 8 month old daughter! God is good!
12/20/2011 2:00:19 PM
Deb United States
Deb
We have a toy poodle named Napoleon because he is a little guy who thinks he rules the world.  A cocker spaniel named Josephine because really...who is Napoleon without Josephine.  We have a Westie named McGregor for his Scottish temper and a mixed breed named Jezebel because she loves the men!
12/20/2011 2:02:03 PM
Teresa United States
Teresa
haha i must say that me and my sister pick the most randomest names for our dogs: Bucket, Dopey, Punch.
Bucket-he got his name because he always loved to play around with a bucket but his head would always get stuck!!
Dopey: he jst reminded us of Dopey from "Snowhite & the 7 Dwarfs"
Punch: it's a long story...lol
12/20/2011 2:02:33 PM
Tammy Derryberry United States
Tammy Derryberry
My little rescue doesn't have a unique name but she is uniquely named!  Smile. She is named Abigail after the Abigail in the Bible. Like the one in the Bible our little Abigail saved her household (and apparently also lived with a Nabal, or foolish person). She was found in the snow last year under a porch with 11 puppies, 2 of which had frozen.  Animal control picked the family up and took them in for a most certain unhappy ending.  But the rescue group got her and the pups and after nursing her 9 + 1 orphan puppy, she went through heartworm treatments, was spayed and now gets her happily ever after". Also, in Hebrew, Abigail means "source of joy" and that she is!  Smile
12/20/2011 2:04:17 PM
Lisa Deedon United States
Lisa Deedon
I have American bulldog-great dane and her name is Zeva. We love NCIS and that is one of the main characters names
12/20/2011 2:04:54 PM
David Rollins United States
David Rollins
We have a dog, mixed lab and chow. She looks chow, but has the docile lab personality. Her name is Tipper. My daughter picked her out of a litter 13 years ago, and the puppy was still pretty unstable walking. Every slight slope that she walked on, she would "tip" over and fall. My wife suggested "Tipper", and it stuck! She's the best pet we've ever had! Smart, beautiful, and loyal!
12/20/2011 2:06:09 PM
sherry United States
sherry
5 years ago we found a German shorthaired pointer under our car right after Christmas. It was one of the coldest days of the year and we took him in and put up posters to see if anyone had lost a dog. I called the pounds - got no response so we decided to keep him - he and our other dog were inseperateable by then anyway, I did not know what to call him so I looked up German names and Hanz is what we called him - it means "Gift from God"
12/20/2011 2:06:44 PM
Kerri United States
Kerri
I have an American bulldog named
Folly. I named her after Folly Beach, SC
which I love. She definately
is my folly.(a foolish & expensive undertaking)
Her vet has never heard the name before.
12/20/2011 2:10:39 PM
Tina United States
Tina
I had a solid white minature Spitz, I got her right around Christmas time in the snowy weather and named her Star. She was a great companion for almost 15 years until she developed seizure disorder along with other normal aging ailments, and I had to put her down. I thought I would never love anything as much as I loved that silly dog UNTIL... I now (at 41yrs old)sit holding my 7 month old little girl (only child) and thank God everyday for the amazing love He has allowed my husband and I to experience!!
12/20/2011 2:11:10 PM
Jayne Beezley United States
Jayne Beezley
We had a dog named Bruiser, but thats not so uncommon.  My son brought home a kitten and I was afraid Bruiser would eat it so we name the kitten Lunch, that way if Bruiser ate him I could say Bruiser had Lunch today
12/20/2011 2:13:30 PM
J.S Canada
J.S
We named our dog mango because when she was a puppy she had mango colored ears Smile She is now 10 years old!
12/20/2011 2:16:14 PM
Katie Parker United States
Katie Parker
I used to have a dog named Atticus from To Kill A Mockingbird.  I've always loved that name.  Right now, my dogs have common names (Jezebel, Pirate, LuLu) but I do have a pony named Ditto.  We recently lost a pony and I needed a replacment buddy for my other one, so we bought him but he did not have a name.  His personality strongly resembles that of the pony we lost so we started calling him Ditto.
12/20/2011 2:16:30 PM
Lauri United States
Lauri
Some of our dog names

Leipshen means my love in German
Suki
Cody
Tippy
Queenie
Kanga
Midnight
Zues
Zakia
12/20/2011 2:16:41 PM
Cel United States
Cel
I have SAD (seasonal anxiety disorder) and I get really down in the winter time more so when the sun is not out. Last winter i bought a Chihuahua and he was my sunshine so I named him Sol. (Sun in spanish)
12/20/2011 2:16:43 PM
JO United States
JO
My son (Lucas) and I got a dog from a rescue shelter.  His name was Luke.  My Bible study group was going thru the book of Luke where I learned it was written for Theophilus (which means "Lover of God").  So we adopted Luke, named him Theophilus and call him Theo!  He is a great dog!
12/20/2011 2:16:58 PM
carley stevens-mclaughlin United States
carley stevens-mclaughlin
My beautiful 5 year old Border Collie is named, Breezey!!! What a perfect name for a perfectly beautiful girl of the wind!! She is her name!! The love of my life!! Carley-Peace
12/20/2011 2:18:16 PM
Linda United States
Linda
We named our Basenji mix "Zeus" because of his indomitable spirit. He has his own Facebook page, Zeus Knol
12/20/2011 2:19:00 PM
Nicole Connor United States
Nicole Connor
My Newfoundlands name is Eggnog Nashville, and we call her Nash. The best dog in the world@
12/20/2011 2:19:01 PM
Lonnie United States
Lonnie
Our female rottie was named Jinx. One of the best dogs we ever owned. One of our current dogs a German shepherd is "Otto". My husband was a mechanic so every one thought auto for his job. My little dog is Sissy. All of them not very common.
12/20/2011 2:19:15 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
We have a 13 week puppy Named Gizmo! he is all black and has a little white beard!
12/20/2011 2:19:35 PM
Jenna Pepper United States
Jenna Pepper
My family's beagle's name is Cayenne because my last name is Pepper. My family's previous dog was named Ginger so we had to name my dog a spice. Smile
12/20/2011 2:20:28 PM
Cyndi United States
Cyndi
We got a rescue puppy about 12 1/2 years ago...he was a really cute ball of cocoa brown fur.  My kids were 5,3, and 1. We had a discussion about what to name him over the dinner table and landed on our favorite Braums ice cream flavor, since he was just that color...Cappuccino Chunky Chocolate, usually referred to as Cappuccino, or Cappy, for short.  And he is the best dog ever, going on 13 years!
12/20/2011 2:21:51 PM
Teresa United States
Teresa
I have a chocolate brown poodle mix she is spunky and I have had her since she was 6 weeks old.  She has alway acted like she is a little diva or princess.  When I named her I wanted to name he something different.  So I named her Kopela which is greek for beautiful lady.  The name seems to suit her attitude.  I'm 44 and don't have any children, so she is my little girl just a little spoiled.
12/20/2011 2:23:09 PM
Shelby McGavin United States
Shelby McGavin
the origin of my dog's name is interesting. what I was younger, there is a guy on myspace, yes that's how long ago was, and his myspace name was donnie darko. wanted to find out what his real name was and when I found out he told me it was Beya. cement and I forgot my next dog named would be there. Sure enough I got a little baby boxer puppy and his name is Beya Smile it's pronounced Bay-uh
12/20/2011 2:25:27 PM
Debbie Comparetto United States
Debbie Comparetto
We have a Poochon puppy and his name is Pino.  It is Italian for king or great.
12/20/2011 2:31:07 PM
Tina Sedlock United States
Tina Sedlock
Scott,
Our dog's name is Rebound because I got her for my son when I was going to have to put our 14 year old Dalmation to sleep and my son decided to name her Rebound since she was kind of a rebound relationship for the dalamation, he was kind of being a smart alec as he is 18 but I liked it for its originality so that is her name.
12/20/2011 2:32:19 PM
Julie United States
Julie
I have two Labs; one black and one yellow. I named my black one, "Noche' Bella" which translates "Night Beauty" and I named the yellow one, "Bon Giorno" which translates "Good Day". For short, I call them Noche' and Giorno which translates Night and Day. Get it? Black and Yello.....Night and Day! At first, people kind of looked at me with a raised eyebrow. But now they have to admit it's pretty original. Have a GREAT DAY and may God Bless you ALWAYS!
12/20/2011 2:36:55 PM
BERTHA United States
BERTHA
When my daughter was little, she could say very few words!  One of her favorites was apple jacks (breakfast cereal).... so we named our little white puppy "Apples"!!!
12/20/2011 2:39:37 PM
Joey United States
Joey
I have a 3 year old boxer, and he is named Vander, which is short for Evander. He is named after the famous heavy weight boxer Evander Holyfield. He is by far the best dog we have ever had. He is very protective and wont let anyone near us who he thinks may cause harm. He is very, very loyal and obedient. He is truly a blesssing!
12/20/2011 2:39:57 PM
Randy United States
Randy
Cya is our dog's name.
Our daughter came in the house one afternoon saying that there was a rat out side.  After some investigation, it turned out to be a baby Chihuahua small enough to fit in your hand.
I didn't want to keep her so I said, "Cya."  My wife said, "That's it.  Cya will be her name."
12/20/2011 2:40:33 PM
Gretchen United States
Gretchen
Soon after seeing Toy Story 2, my boys named our female puppy "Bullseye."  Hard to explain to people who haven't seen the movie, that we never intended her to be a target.
12/20/2011 2:41:04 PM
Julie United States
Julie
When I was a little girl, we had a poodle that my dad named, "Winnie the Poodle". Later we got a Shitzu (they have a pug nose), we called her Puggins Pooh. Dogs are awesome and I thank God for them quite often.
12/20/2011 2:41:14 PM
Linda Life United States
Linda Life
Several years ago, I was given a wonderful sweet white puppy for Christmas and I named her "Cherub Noel". When she began having puppies,her first batch of puppies each daughter, I have two, picked a puppy to keep. The first one was the first born, was male and he came out looking like a little cow and my youngest daughter named him "Moo Jersey". The fourth puppy born out of the five was my oldest daughters choice. She named her female puppy; D.O.G. Which can also be for a  male dog. When you wrote out her name it was spelled Dee-0-gie. It was an awesome collection of dogs we had!  They are all in heaven now. We sure did love them all and miss them!
12/20/2011 2:44:15 PM
Mindy United States
Mindy
Atticus is my dog's name.  He is a rarer breed within the States.  He's a South African Boerboel.  They are in the Mastiff family.  I figured, since his breed is somewhat rare, his name should be as well.

I also have dogs named Jazmine (female Pit Bull), Kameo (female Pit Bull), Tux (male Rat Terrier) and Elly (female Black Lab).

In the past I've had dogs names Haminee, Mowgli, Sampson, Pixie, Brinx, Avalanche, Ariann.........just to name a few.  Smile
12/20/2011 2:44:33 PM
shannon United States
shannon
when my son cody was 7 we had gotten a dogfromone of his friends.it was a mutt. my husband and him went to pick it up and bring it home. they got her home and we were wondering what to name her. it so happened that we were having hamburgers ad tater tots that night. when myson picked up his tater tot he looked at her and why dont we name her tater tot.so to this day her nameis tater tot.
12/20/2011 2:50:50 PM
Bruce United States
Bruce
Scott,

The most interesting dog's name that I ever heard was about 27 years ago.  A new a guy who had a dog that he named D-O-G.
12/20/2011 2:52:16 PM
Sandy United States
Sandy
I got my sky terrier about 5 years ago from a lady who had rescued him from the pound. She had named him "Frank" but when I looked into his cute little face I thought to myself, "That name doesn't fit him  at all". So, now Dexter and I are best of friends and he's the best little buddy that I've ever had. (He prefers Dex so that's what I call him)
Happy Holidays!
12/20/2011 2:54:41 PM
Andrea United States
Andrea
I have two cats, and they both have unique names.  One is named Mortimer, who I call Morty for short.  My other cat is named Amoeba, a name I picked out in college since I figured as a science teacher, my cat should have a really nerdy name.
12/20/2011 3:00:42 PM
Carol Fruin United States
Carol Fruin
Hi, We have a dog named Flash.  She is a little Jack Russel Terrier.  2 years ago, our oldest son Grant passed away.  He was 15 years old.  One of his favorite shows to watch was the Dukes of Hazzard.  He had the whole collection of all the series.  The dog on that show was named Flash.  After Grant passed away our niece Tonya had a cute little puppy she brought over a lot to visit our other kids Hayden and Emilie.  One time at a football game our son Hayden got hurt, Tonya brought her little puppy with to his game, she let her dog spend the night because she felt so bad for Hayden.  Well my kids kept her, and renamed her Flash.. we owe Tonya a dog. She is the cutest thing, and she even has a little lightning bolt flash type thing on the top of her head, and she runs faster than fast., her name is perfect.  I sometimes wonder if Grant can see her from heaven.  He would totally love her!
12/20/2011 3:01:34 PM
Linda Hurst United States
Linda Hurst
My little sweetie's name is Tiffany Twirl.  She's a registered Pomeranian.  We just call her Tiffany but the Twirl part was part of her kennel name.
12/20/2011 3:08:28 PM
Barb Stacy United States
Barb Stacy
I think our animal names are relatively unique.
Dogs: Rugby, Wilbur and Moo.
Goats:  Gretta, Mable, Jack & Jill and Lolly.
Cats:  Crackers, Pip, Squishy, Tux, Cloudy, Rupert, and Snacks
Bird:  Kokie
Duck:  Quackers (okay so that is not uncommon)
12/20/2011 3:17:57 PM
Renee Klimchock United States
Renee Klimchock
Growing up I lived on a small farm, and I know you're not supposed to name farm animals, but the cow was Pretzel, the ducks were Waddles and Speed, rabbits- Thumper and Bunny (original huh?), Cats were Ginger, Nutmeg, Marmalade, Tabby, Stonewall (our son is a History buff), and Kobe (the other son is a basketball fan), April and our current cat is Moby.  We found him as a kitten half dead on the side of the road.  Our dogs lived very long lives, Prince was 18 when he passed, and last week we had to put down Yeller, he was 17 Frown  I have a Jack Russell named Myah, she came with that name, as she was a rescue.  Our first rescue was a Jack Russell named Wendy.  Oh! and our hermit crabs, Junior, Jeff, and Jimmie.....  I love NASCAR, what can I say Smile
12/20/2011 3:20:37 PM
Ben Brown United States
Ben Brown
We had a black Labrador Retreiver named Dioge - pronounced Dee-OH-gee (phonetically that's DOG)  He answered to Dioge, Dog, Puppy, and Mutt, but nothing else.  Wasn't supposed to be his name...was sounding off names to the kids and they didn't like anything else until I got to Dioge and the WHOLE family immediately turned to me and said YEEEES!While I tried to dissuade them, the name stayed.  Best pet we ever had!
12/20/2011 3:22:44 PM
Pam Spencer United States
Pam Spencer
Had a dog I named Herkemer
12/20/2011 3:26:27 PM
Maria Riebe United States
Maria Riebe
I have an almost two year old rescue puppy that was suppose to be a nice small 10-15 pound indoor dog...his mom was a dachsund and he was the runt of the litter...after he hit 6 months old AND 40 pounds he looks nothing like a dachsund.. (except his giant paws that love to dig!)   After a doggie DNA test we found he's part Australian Cattle Dog, Sharpei and Dachsund...his name you ask?  Starbuck, our Venti Brindled caffeinated one!  LOL
12/20/2011 3:27:10 PM
Roxanne Bryson United States
Roxanne Bryson
We lost one of our dogs a few years ago and we had another dog and his name was maxamillion. well the dog we had before him, her name was sugar bear. She helped raised Max and we lost her to an illness. So we decided at the time that Max needed a mate. Well my son said when we go look for another dog we need to name him zeus. Well I came home one day and there we had.... Zeus. My son was in total shock because he thought we would have brought home a bigger dog instead of what we did. Zeus is a bichon poodle. His full name is Zeus Apollo Bryson. Unfortunatly last year Dec 29th 2010 we lost Max due to cancer. So now all we have is Zeus and is he ever a blessing. I have lots of illnesses and being a diabetic and having heart problems our little poodle after Max passed away started to alert me or my family when I started to have problems. He was never trained to be that kind of dog. He knows before I know when something is going to happen and he will stay glued to me until it passes. He has alerted my family on so many occassions. He is truley a blessing. I know hes just a dog as some would say but my husband knew 6 hours before I had a stroke all because zeus was letting him know. He is an amazing dog that God has given to our family.
12/20/2011 3:27:48 PM
Sherri Phillips United States
Sherri Phillips
Our little Miniature Pincher is named Tyson Mike after Mike Tyson. He is brown in color and thinks he's a tough guy.  Oftentimes, he postures and shows his little man syndrome. He is a little cutie. We also had a Doberman male, over 100 pounds that we named Chigger.  He died 4 years ago on December 13, which was also our first granddaughter's birthday and she turned 13 that day.  Sad time for all.
12/20/2011 3:30:05 PM
Rheba United States
Rheba
My family and I have owned a couple dogs with unique names. The first one was a girl that we named: Polar. She was a a golden retriever mix. She was more white than yellow, so that's why we named her that. As of right now, we have a male pomeranian. We named him: Horatio after Horatio Cain from CSI:Miami. =]
12/20/2011 3:36:43 PM
Becky Byers United States
Becky Byers
We have a German Shorthaired Pointer and his name is Bogger. Named after a tire by my son-in-law. He thought of something differant. Our Blue Tick Hound is called Louie and she is a girl, also named by my son-in-law, who originally owned them.
12/20/2011 3:44:56 PM
Just me United States
Just me
Our last name is McDonald and our son named his dog Big Mac.
12/20/2011 3:48:53 PM
Diana Smith United States
Diana Smith
We have a Blue Heeler named "Orphie".  We named her that because someone dumped her in our neighborhood and she was very scared, very hard to catch and we decided she was an orphan - thus the name Orphie Annie.
12/20/2011 3:53:34 PM
kris United States
kris
This is the best solution for teenagers at Christmas time for gifts.
If you've had a disrespectful teenagers this is the quickest way to cure them at Christmas time. If they continue to choose to be disrespectful in word or deed during the year. You have warned them that if they don"t straighten up the attitude or their actions. You will buy them gifts that they can only use after they have moved out on their own. Such as Pots and pans,silverware, towels, blankets, emergency car care kits. the list is endless. They cannot take the gifts back to the store for exchange.  I did this with my 15 year old daughter. She was furious with us. But she had also been given some decent gifts to. She learned later on after going into the Air Force that these household items that we bought her were life savers. She actually called one day and Thanked Dad and Mom for giving her these gifts. My Daughter and Son In Law are both serving in the Air Force. She got married at 18 to her High School Sweetheart. She has already served in Iraq. And this once drama queen daughter is now an Intelligent well mannered and respectful Daughter. Now my teenage son has experienced the same rule of thumb. Last year he got the same treatment. This whole year he has done much better. But as a joke we did buy him a mini shop vac. Oh and you always use black magic marker on the actual gifts to remind them of that Christmas. They won't hate you for it. They will in the end Love You for it. Because they will realize Dad and Mom really do care. So they have learned not to take Dad and Mom for granted or become  disrespectful. And eventually they will use those gifts and see the value in them.  I got a call also one day for my daughter telling me 3 times in a row she Loved Me. Because I bought her a AAA Membership. Which saved her from a $500.00 towing charge. She was in a total White Out in a Blizzard in North  Dakota. She didn"t know she was driving on a snow mobile path instead of a side road. Praise God for the Lords Protection. We   live in Indianapolis and miss our daughter and son in law. Wont  be seeing them for Christmas. But we Praise God they are doing well in the Air Force. Love K Love Kris
12/20/2011 3:58:13 PM
Sue United States
Sue
My son has an amazing dog, He is golden in color and his name is, Aslan.
Dont you just love that name?
12/20/2011 3:58:51 PM
Jean United States
Jean
I had a minature schnauzer named Carolina Legend. We called her Legend. She has passed on but now I have another schnauzer named Carolina Legend's Little Sister we call her Sissy
12/20/2011 3:59:44 PM
cindy United States
cindy
We named dog Nadja, which is German for HOPE
My HOPE is in the Lord!
12/20/2011 4:02:40 PM
Marsha United States
Marsha
My four boys are:
Joseph Michael - Samoyed/Chow mix
Theodore Darius - Shizzu mix (can't spell!)
Nicholas Alexander - Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix
Patrick Demitrius - Pug

The names aren't so unusual except that they are on four legged kids instead of two legged! Of course they all have nicknames:
Joey
Teddy
Nicky
Patrick

Merry Christmas to all of you at K-Love!
12/20/2011 4:06:37 PM
Serena Sparks United States
Serena Sparks
I have a Rotty named Taya and a lab mix named Kyree after video game names. We wanted something different.
12/20/2011 4:13:31 PM
Heather McAndrew United States
Heather McAndrew
I had a dog growing up whose name was Dahlia. She was a little Lahso Apso. My parents now have another Lahso named Addy.
12/20/2011 4:14:53 PM
Joy Corey United States
Joy Corey
Our dog is named Inspire. She is 1/2 chocolate lab and 1/2 dash hound. She is so loving ad inspires us every day.
12/20/2011 4:25:08 PM
Sue Burckhard United States
Sue Burckhard
When I adopted my 4 week old black kitten four years ago, I wanted an unusual name and came up with C-fer. It stands for C for cat. I thought it was clever.
Merry Christmas to all of you and may God bless your 2012.
12/20/2011 4:45:14 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
When a stray puppy came to our door we just could not turn him away. He is such a big baby, but it didn't take us long to figure out a name for him.  He sounds just like a little pig!!!  So we named him Gruntz.  He is one of our 3 puppies and we dearly love all three.  I better name the other 2 or their feelings will be hurt.  There is Sadie and Dexter.  They make my heart smile Smile
12/20/2011 4:49:39 PM
Shirley United States
Shirley
As we were bringing our little boy puppy home. my husband and I were throwing out all kinds of names, but none seemed to fit.  The puppy is part Rat Terrior and part Bishon.  His name became Mr. RB.  R for Rat Terrior and B for Bishon.
12/20/2011 4:57:15 PM
Gayle United States
Gayle
I have a black poodle named Tar.  I didn't name him.  We got him from friends when he was three years old.  They bred him with a female they had.  She was a white poodle named Feather.
12/20/2011 5:00:07 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
Our minature wiener dog's name  Deogi  Pronounced: D O G !
12/20/2011 5:16:32 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
We started out naming our new puppy Little Dude and over time it turned into Dudie. But he answers to Bumpkin too. SmileOur oldest girl dog is named Panther since she was so black when she was born.
12/20/2011 5:17:45 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
When I was a kid we adopted a mangy dog from the shelter and named him Scrubs.
12/20/2011 5:37:41 PM
KG United States
KG
First we had Taters our older dog, now we have Meat our adorable puppy.  Love my clever husband who named them!
12/20/2011 5:44:47 PM
Kelly Sterling United States
Kelly Sterling
I rescued a small black schnauzer.  He loves everyone.  He's all about peace, love and happiness, he'd make the peace sign if he could.  So we named him Greg Brady.  He's groovy and happy all the time
12/20/2011 5:47:53 PM
Lisa Wilson United States
Lisa Wilson
I have a little rat terrier and chihuahua, female.  Her name is Riley.  My other dog is a Beagle and his name is Wilson's Roscoe P Coaltrain.
12/20/2011 5:59:55 PM
Sandy United States
Sandy
While living in Alaska, we got a 6 week old black lab/mastiff out of a milk crate at the grocery store parking lot.  He didn't stay little very long and eventually grew into a magnificant 165 pound adult dog.  Because he was so gentle and kind, we picked the name SQUANTO for him.  His best buddy was our Chihuahua named CARLOS.  Squanto was Carlos' couch, with Carlos laying on top of Squanto, going to sleep with the rhythm of Squanto's breathing.  Carlos even learned to ride while Squanto was walking.
12/20/2011 6:00:32 PM
Nancy Gordon United States
Nancy Gordon
Our dogs are Bonnie and Clyde.  We had Bonnie,a rescued beagle mix, when we rescued an Australian Shepherd. Clyde seemed the logical name for him.  We also have a rescued Yorkie named Gigi.
12/20/2011 6:39:52 PM
Nanci United States
Nanci
When we adopted my little shih tzu from a friend, we misunderstood what she said she'd named him, sounded like Miko to us.  Turned out to me Neeko.  We left it as Miko, after my husband, because they both sniff everything before they eat it.  We also have a cat, Miko's cat, that we named Escape, because he is so good at doing just that!
12/20/2011 6:41:01 PM
Jenn Baumgartner United States
Jenn Baumgartner
Bingo Bone-Head Smile
12/20/2011 6:43:18 PM
Paul Puscizna
Paul Puscizna
My dog is a chihuahua his name is Arhilles of Troy because when he's around other dogs he thinks he a bad mamajama

12/20/2011 7:04:53 PM
D. Shumsky United States
D.  Shumsky
My husband and I had a Collie mix named Angel for nine years.  The dog loved to play fetch with a tennis ball.  One day she was playing fetch and was tragically killed by a car.  We were grief stricken with this loss and prayed that we could get another dog similar to her.  I searched rescue sites, shelters, and even online.  Finally, I was contacted after 6 months by a lady that bred Collies and she told be I have 2 female pups and you will have 6 weeks to think I you are ready for another dog (the dogs were two weeks old then).  My husband and I traveled 4 hours to get this dog.  When we arrived at the breeders house, we chose the dog that we wanted.  The lady of this dog that I want to give her to you as a gift.  We were in shock, but so grateful for the gift.  We named this dog "Spirit" and her AKC Kennel name is "Spirit of Angel" and that is what we feel she really is.  God is Good... All the Time!

My husband and I also now have two male Shelties and they are father and son.  So, now we have the father,  the son,  and SPIRIT!!!!

This has really been a blessing to us.
Denise

12/20/2011 7:14:04 PM
Celeste United States
Celeste
i have a Jack Russell/Chihuahua ( in Britian, a Jachuahua) originally named by my son as Tesani, shortened to Tesa as the original was too much name for such a small puppy. She likes cats and thinks she can take on other dogs in spite of size.
12/20/2011 7:21:34 PM
D. Shumsky United States
D.  Shumsky
. Shumsky

This has really been a blessing to us.
Denise

12/20/2011 8:12:25 PM
Sonia Woolf United States
Sonia Woolf
All of my boxers are named after Kid Rock lyrics - yeah I know - weird...Platinum for "going platinum"
Rebel for "hear the rebel yell"    , and Blue for "the red, white, and blue"....that's what is on the official AKC papers.
12/20/2011 8:18:31 PM
Donna Del United States
Donna Del
I love animals and have names for my each of chickens, miniature goat, miniature pony, llama and alpaca;  but, my husband’s Boykin Spaniels have the most unique names - Goodness and Mercy.  He says he feels a bit self conscious in the field when he calls their names.  Think I would like to get a cat and name her Shirley and the dogs and cat can follow me around.   Prov. 23:6
12/20/2011 8:21:15 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
I have three dogs. Mackenzie, a German Shepherd, was my first, and I had her name picked out for 6 years before I ever got her...and it fits perfectly.  Rogue, also a German Shepherd, was named by my husband after his favorite comic book character, Rogue from X-Men.  Her name fits her perfectly as well, she is a crazy beast!  Lastly,I have a sweet old lady, Tweed, an Australian Shepherd adopted at age 9 from her breeder.  Her show name was Quiet Riot...she is ridiculously sweet and loved by everyone! Smile
12/20/2011 8:21:23 PM
Donna Del United States
Donna Del
Woops - Psalms 23:6
12/20/2011 8:34:25 PM
cheryl United States
cheryl
Fall 1998 our son, first of 4 kids, went off to college. My husband decided to adopt a German Shepard pup, missing our son more than he'd admit.
I wasn't crazy about house-breaking a male dog even though it was the umpteenth pet we've had over the 30+ years of marriage. My husband was not a cat lover. Now it is late cold rainy October night in the country on his way home working in southern Iowa...he calls..."Honey, I have a suprise for you!"...now I'm nervous...hear
a weak meow...can't be a cat! Really?  Yes, he found a tiny kitten on the side of the road, barely had it's eyes opened, with kitty lice, very very weak, apparently abandoned by the mother per the vet and not sure she'd live. The kitty was gray and as we are saved by the grace of God and John most certainly saved the kitty by grace (not liking cats), I named her Gracie. After weeks of special care, she is now 13 years old and, yes, my husband loves her very much. She became his best bud when he had his hips replaced a couple of years ago and she would sleep on his stomach!  The dogs are a bit jealous!
12/20/2011 8:51:40 PM
Paula United States
Paula
Our dog's name is Merciful Grace.We call her Mercy.    She is part airdale and part chow.  She is a fun loving pistol. She does require lots of mercy and grace.  Her favorite past time is to play hide and go seek with me.
12/20/2011 11:09:53 PM
Rosemary United States
Rosemary
My dogs name is Foxy Roxie, she's a pomeranian. My Mom's dog, fiest mix is named Dixiebelle.
12/21/2011 3:20:02 AM
Jill Jensen United States
Jill Jensen
I lived in Australia for 25 yrs came back o the States got a weiner Dog I called her Vegemite, She is a service Dog she goes with me everywhere . Vegemite is a very much Loved dog. So I say Vegemite is the name. Be Blessed everyone
12/21/2011 3:32:07 AM
Lonni United States
Lonni
Congratulations on being a Boston Parent!  They are the best dogs 'paws down" ~ so smart, clever, etc.    We are the proud parents of two:  a boy named DJ (Deuce Junior because he is the spitting image of his biological daddy) and Bella Regazzi (Bell for short).  We don't follow the mainline movies and books, so that is not the reason we named her Bella.   We saw a truck with Mama Bella on the side of it and decided it suited her well.  We LOVE your station and YOUR PROGRAM/TIME SLOT!   Thanks for stirring the pot!
12/21/2011 4:34:56 AM
Katkhy United States
Katkhy
We picked up to rescues about 6 years ago.  Named the little boy, Romeo because he was so sweet.  He has lived up to his name...he is such a lovey huggie dog.  Has no idea that he is not a little dog and expects everyone in the family to love him up!
12/21/2011 5:09:26 AM
Patty Flowerday United States
Patty Flowerday
I have 3 Shih-tzus: a rescue~Tasha Toodles, a 5 year old~ Eloise at Christmastime~and a 2 year year old Madelyn who we call "Miss Maddy".  Two years ago I had to put down my 12 year old Shih-tzu who had the most unique name ever (she was named after teddy bears!) Punkin Face Pooh Ling I.  We called her Punki Pooh, Pooh or Pooh Ling for short!
12/21/2011 6:38:38 AM
Linda Keith United States
Linda Keith
I have 2 dogs, One is a black lab named Brisco Darling from the Andy Griffith Show, and the other is a little stray I picked up at my job and we named her Little Molly Gal.
12/21/2011 6:55:01 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
My parents have had 3 Portugese Waterdogs, the names on the papers are quite long (3+ names), so they shortenend all 3: Quintensensa - "Quinty", Mackenzie - "Kenzie", and "Friar Tuck" - Tucker.
12/21/2011 7:05:36 AM
Stace Wilson United States
Stace Wilson
I found my Belgian groenendael as a starving stray wandering along a railroad track looking for food three years ago. When I opened my car door, he jumped over me, snagged the pack of crackers on his way by, ate them package and all. His name is Hobo. Smile
12/21/2011 7:41:21 AM
Angie United States
Angie
I have a large dog, boxer and rottweiler, and her name is Pearl.  My Pearl of great price!!  She is very loving to everyone.

I also have a small dog, not sure of the breed,but lots of hair, thus is name, Hairee.

They are both rescue dogs.
12/21/2011 7:50:07 AM
Christi Moorehouse United States
Christi Moorehouse
My coworker Laura named her dog Ellen
And my other coworker Susan named her dog DiNozzo
Of course I think those names are unique b/c my dog's name is Jake Smile
12/21/2011 8:31:54 AM
Randa United States
Randa
All of are dog's names have to start with D's. So we have Duke,(German shepherd),Diamond,(Black lab),and Dixie,( black lab-shepherd mix). We also have cows their names have to start with T's. We have Tutti and Taffy, Teddy, and Tallia!! Smile
12/21/2011 8:32:59 AM
Jesse Massey United States
Jesse Massey
I'm a police officer in San Antonio TX.....I have a police k-9 narcotics detection dog....I love the band sting and the police so that's his name....Sting, and I'm the police...lol anyway he's 22 months old and I've had him since he was 8 weeks....he's the best dog/friend I could ask for. The intelligence, love, and loyalty we share is amazing....
12/21/2011 11:25:53 AM
marci hallock United States
marci hallock
Mitzi is my dog .Shes a 6 pound mutt.Shes named after Mitzi the dolphin who was the first flipper,who belonged to my cousin Milton Santini. I used to swim with flipper. I love Mitzi.Shes a great dog.
12/21/2011 1:28:25 PM
Amy Chumah United States
Amy Chumah
I have 2 Chihuahuas and one is male and one is female and I named my male Chico and my female Minka, it is German for strongSmile
12/21/2011 3:09:40 PM
Lou Amundson United States
Lou Amundson
We used to live in rural Iowa and had several cats in our yard. One hot summer night we heard a kitten howling non-stop near our bedroom window. I finally got up, in frustration, and went outside only to find this kitten had gotten into our burn pile and stuck it's head in a Hot Dog wrapper and couldn't get it off.  I picked her up to show my wife and then removed the wrapper.  Hence we named her "Wiener" in lieu of her ordeal!
12/21/2011 3:16:43 PM
Lou Amundson United States
Lou Amundson
We had some outdoor cats in our garage one winter, and they had kittens.  One day we were missing one that was about a week old. The next day I was in the garage, and heard a distant meow. I finally isolated it in my 69' Chevy Blazer... I realized it had climbed the tire, and found a small hole in the frame in front of the rear tire.  I was finally able to coax it to the rear by scratching the frame. I could only get my ring and middle finger in the hole, but I was able to grasp just a little fur and pinched it between my fingers and pulled him out.  We named him "Blazer"!
12/21/2011 4:38:10 PM
Leslie United States
Leslie
I have a yellow lab named Dagon Sawyer. Dagon means lover of the earth and Sawyer means boy who loves the outdoors. He is my running buddy and protector. Several times he has alerted me when people around me where not safe to be around.
We also have dahtson named Hunter,my husband found him at his hunting lease on a death bed,its been over a year and he is so loveable.
12/21/2011 4:59:00 PM
Tonie United States
Tonie
If you remember back in the day the tacobell dog.Well there was a dog who showed up at my house about 14 years ago looked like death and smell was not good. It took us months to catuch this dog. But when I first layed eyes on him he was so cute and looked like tacobell dog.With my high pitch he bit my husband. He was around 2 the vet said and he old can't walk to much but praise God he is still alive. He has had a rough life got bit by dog, big dog, Got hit by car a lost most of his teeth and pirced his tongue.He had 9 kindey stones and had to have emeg. surgery. And who ever had him must of beat him he hated men. But tacobell has be a blessing and loveable pet and still is.
12/21/2011 6:31:59 PM
Karen Zirkle United States
Karen Zirkle
I realize this is probably a dead topic but wanted to add some of my dogs unusual names:
Kula (Hawaiian for golden)for my yellow lab
Kahlua for the brown cocker spaniel
Pixie for my Shih Zsu who was always in trouble
Marble for the Australian Shephard
Candy for a cockapoo
Love your show
12/21/2011 7:11:47 PM
Annie McGee United States
Annie McGee
Hello, I'd like to share my dogs name's.
I have two very cute fuzzy blessings their names are Cheetah and Cha Cha they're sisters and are 8 months old. They bring me lots of happiness. Smile
12/21/2011 7:29:34 PM
Nicole Sexton United States
Nicole Sexton
We have two mini schnauzers, which are named Toby and Mac Smile
12/22/2011 6:33:34 AM
Margie Opp United States
Margie Opp
When I was in high school I got my first dog and named him after a favorite teacher from junior high - Luedde.  He's the only dog I ever knew with that name.
12/22/2011 7:26:05 AM
David United States
David
We name our femail Lab Sedona after Sedona, Az.
12/22/2011 9:59:28 AM
Debbie Albertson United States
Debbie Albertson
We have a Yorkshire Terrier whom we named Zacchaeus Abu.....Zacchaeus because he is a "wee little man"...and Abu because when he was a baby he made noises that sounded like the monkey Abu on "Aladdin"... Zach or sometimes Zachabu for short.
12/22/2011 10:02:38 AM
Debbie Albertson United States
Debbie Albertson
We have a Yorkshire Terrier whom we named Zacchaeus Abu...Zacchaeus because he is a "wee little man" and Abu because when he was a baby he made noises that sounded like the monkey Abu on "Alladin".....Zach or sometimes Zachabu for short.
12/22/2011 6:40:48 PM
Dona United States
Dona
We had a dog named Einstein - he passed away 6 years ago...still miss my boy....still have a dog named Chipmunk, one named Cali, had one named Dace and one named Dakota.
12/22/2011 7:40:56 PM
Brian United States
Brian
We brought home two male pug puppies. one for the boys and one for the girls. My oldest son, 17,  named one Alexander The Great. I asked why and he said, " He's going to concour Europe one day". Then came the unique name. My 3 year old daughter named the other one " Monkey Strap" I asked her why and she said " because that's what i picked".
12/28/2011 6:50:14 PM
Ann United States
Ann
I rescued my Jack Russell/Border Collie mix from the SPCA almost 8 years ago and he is my baby.  His name is Tokala, which means "kit fox" in Lakota. At almost 8 years old, he is finally beginning to lay down sometimes!  He is full of energy and obsessed with his toysSmile