Feb 07 2013

Heard on Today's Show!

Below are some of the stories shared on today's show!

Be looking for the audio from Joel Houston's interview - coming soon!

Woman with terminal cancer a model of beauty!

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Chia Seeds are the new super food! Hard to believe they were considered "pets" just a few short years ago!

Parents - How would you like to get a discount at a restaurant for having well behaved kids? It's happening!

Feb 06 2013

Heard on Today's Show!

Joel Houston of hillsong united stopped by our studio today! Here's a great quote from today's interview:

"Wherever we find ourselves, whatever we do, whether you go to school, or
you're a mom taking care of your family, or at the shopping mall - remember
whatever place God puts you - you can be serving God by simply smiling and
encouraging people, just being a light. However small that might feel,
when we are obedient to the call, God uses those opportunities, and opens
up more of them." - Joel Houston

Be looking for a guest post from him later today!

Video story from about Michael Oher and Leann Touhey.

Trick Shot basketball kid - look for him in the NBA in 20 years!

World's Smallest car:

Another asteroid is heading close to Earth.

February is National Heart Month for obvious reason…But what is not so obvious are the signs when a woman is having a heart attack.

The Post Office is stopping Saturday Delivery - be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get cards to your loved ones.

Nov 04 2009

Parking Lot Failure

About a week ago, a woman tried to park her BMW X5 in a gym parking lot in Thornhill, Ontario. For some mysterious reason, she instead drove over two other cars and sat on top of them for a few seconds, like a big game cat savoring her kill. Then she drove off. One of the demolished cars was a 2004 Hyundai Elantra that the owner had just finished paying off, and on Friday Hyundai gave him a new car. Luckily the incident was caught on a security camera, so if you haven't seen it yet, here ya go:

The 62-year-old driver returned to the scene of the crime—she was a member of the gym—last week, where she was identified by a gym employee with a special interest in solving the case. The Globe and Mail writes, "She was identified when an Extreme Fitness staff member, whose own car had been crushed in the Oct. 22 incident, spotted a similar-looking SUV in the parking lot again Wednesday morning [October 28] and called police.

"The Elantra owner, Todd Jamison, was surprised last Friday by a Hyundai representative in the parking lot: ...when colleagues called him into the office on a pretense, he found a shiny 2010 Hyundai Elantra in the lot along with a smiling Hyundai representative. ""We wanted to help the guy," a Hyundai spokesman told TheStar.com. "This was our random act of kindness." Either that, or it's the best viral advertising video for both BMW vehicles, and Hyundai customer service, that I've ever seen.

Categories: General
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
New Year New Adventures
Jan 09 2012

New Year New Adventures

Why am I knitting...Listen here for the answer.

I will be heading to Afghanistan in Feb. I am going with CURE Intl. To deliver knitted baby beanies and blankets. I just finished my 1st! Will you help me make more???

Join us in Making A Difference today by forgiving someone who has wronged you! "Forgiven People... Forgive People."  Click like on our Facebook Page.

makes you want to jumbee bunching...

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Disabled man given $5,000 after car stolen. msnbc.com

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (34) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/9/2012 2:03:08 PM
Cathy United States
Cathy
hey I am anutrtion educator and i am so happy to hear about all the great changes you all are trying to make.  Just a comment about the juicer, the USDA states children should not s=consume more than 6 ounces of juice per day and adults no more than 12 ounces, this is because while you are getting lots of nutrients you are also getting lots of sugar and for children especilly this can mean they will eat less of other foods their growing bodies need.  Also we need the fiber in the fruit and vegetables and juice does not provide that.  So as always God states moderation in all things for good health!!  God Bless you both and keep on making those great changes/.
1/9/2012 2:32:56 PM
Jeri Retzlaff United States
Jeri Retzlaff
How can we get the hats and blankets to you? I'd love to contribute.
1/9/2012 2:34:43 PM
Robin United States
Robin
Where would we send the hats/blankets????? And when is the deadline?
1/9/2012 2:35:54 PM
tasha United States
tasha
that hat looks great! good job Laughing
1/9/2012 2:36:10 PM
Dallas United States
Dallas
I would also like to know how to get beanies and blankets to you...
1/9/2012 2:36:28 PM
Amanda Gerodias United States
Amanda Gerodias
Have faith and stick with the Zumba classes Kelli! I have not been able to fit a class in to my schedule yet, but my husband has a PS3 gaming system, and he was kind enough to buy me the Zumba fitness game! I am hooked and "play" the game frequently. It is a great workout; I love to dance, so why not do that to get my body moving and into shape!?
1/9/2012 2:37:24 PM
Theresa Hafen United States
Theresa Hafen
love that hat.  You stopped me in my "tracks" as I listened of your journey to Afghanistan.  God bless you and go with you, those hats and blankets...  So powerful thank you for sharing that.  I serve with a group of christians in Jerusalem a bit like what you are going to do...  Shevet Achim.  www.shevet.org   Check them out.  You'll be blessed.  Thank you / Shukrahan  Smile again for all that you do.  K-love is a blessing and tool of God to many....

Sincerely,

Theresa
1/9/2012 2:47:04 PM
Joy Al-Nimri United States
Joy Al-Nimri
I heard you talk about how you were going to Afghanistan and you need hats/blankets and that the hats have to be homemade.  Well, I kept the hats that were put on my kids when they were at the hospital.  My kids are 18, 16, 14.  Why should I keep them? What really will happen to them?  I think that sharing them this way is better than leaving them in a box somewhere.  So, How can I share them with you?
1/9/2012 2:48:37 PM
Miriam Boyd United States
Miriam Boyd
I, too, would love to contribute.  I've been knitting since the early 80's, first for my children and now for my grandchildren.  I currently have four baby blankets that I would love to send you.  It would be such an HONOR to know that an Afghan baby was being warmed by the blanket I made with loving hands.  Tell me how/when to get them to you.  All I ask is a picture in return.

Scott -- great job on the baby hat!  Keep it up.  You'll find that knitting get easier and easier with practice, and someday you'll be able to do it without (hardly) even looking.  It's my favorite way to spend a relaxing evening.

I listen to you guys on my way to and from work every day -- you are such a blessing in my life!

1/9/2012 2:53:10 PM
Kristin United States
Kristin
I would love to make some baby hats and send them to you! When is the deadline and where do I send them to?

Thanks!
1/9/2012 3:02:50 PM
Kathy Owens United States
Kathy Owens
My 15 year old heard you talking about the baby hats the other day and wants to make some and send them to you to take.  We started working on them this weekend and finished four already.  just let me know where to send them and we will ship them to you.
1/9/2012 3:05:50 PM
Robin Brand United States
Robin Brand
I would love to make some hats and blankets for your trip. How can we get patterns and where and when to get them to you?
1/9/2012 3:21:26 PM
Ellen Clegg United States
Ellen Clegg
I too would love to make hats and blankets for your trip.  Do you have specific patterns or whatever we make?  Where do we send them and when do you need them?  I crochet so my hats and blankets would be crocheted.

I thank God for a place for Christians to celebrate their faith through all of you.

1/9/2012 4:00:44 PM
Bev Ohlendorf United States
Bev Ohlendorf
I sponsor a knitting club at the middle school I teach at in North Carolina, and we have been looking for a project.  This would be perfect!  We would love to make baby hats for your trip.  Please email me with the necessary information.  My students will be so excited to have a foreign project, and at the same time we can learn about Afghanistan and the needs of the people there.  Can we use the round knitting looms?  Thanks for this opportunity to serve the Lord and our students at the same time.
1/9/2012 4:37:47 PM
Erin United States
Erin
Yes, please let us know where and when we can send our contributions.  I want to do what I can and never thought it could be through knitting.  Smile
1/9/2012 4:42:56 PM
Sue Sidensol United States
Sue Sidensol
Like all these other people emailing you, I'm interested in finding out more about knitting hats, delivery, deadlines, etc.  Thank you.
1/9/2012 6:56:46 PM
Robin Rollins United States
Robin Rollins
Can I crochet instead of knit??  I would love to help!  Also, where do I send them, and what is the cut off date?
1/9/2012 8:06:44 PM
Kelly Michaud United States
Kelly Michaud
I would also like to help with the hats. Where do we send them?
1/9/2012 8:59:40 PM
Kaylea United States
Kaylea
I would also like some information about the hats
1/10/2012 8:16:49 AM
Mindy United States
Mindy
I would like to make a blanket, where would we send it?
1/10/2012 9:14:34 AM
Kathy Tomcik United States
Kathy Tomcik
I love the idea and the thought! I can CROCHET hats and blankets...
I would like more info on where to send them..
1/10/2012 11:31:34 AM
Heather United States
Heather
I'd love to participate, too, but could you let us all know how we should get the hats to you & by when?

By the way...you did a great job with the one you made!!!!

Thanks.
1/10/2012 1:07:14 PM
Rose Taylor United States
Rose Taylor
My grandma tried to teach me to Knit, I actually made a pretty nice Moth Ball. My poor grandma Smile
1/10/2012 3:02:35 PM
Sharon United States
Sharon
I'd also like to know if crochet is OK, and details on deadlines and shipping. Thanks!
1/10/2012 6:28:15 PM
Edna United States
Edna
Would like to know when and where to send the baby hats, I was talking to my mom about this, and she would like to donate as well.
1/10/2012 6:44:44 PM
Debbie United States
Debbie
Can you send me the preferred pattern/instructions along with size preferances.And along with everyone else, where do I send the hats.  This is such a great idea.  Love K Love. I start my day listening on the way to work.
1/11/2012 11:12:48 AM
Mary United States
Mary
Waiting anxiously for instructions! Heard Scott & Kelli talking about on the radio this past Monday and would LOVE to get involved.
1/11/2012 7:49:22 PM
Kecia United States
Kecia
I would like to know where/when i need to send in the hats please. Are crocheted hats okay, too? I think this is such a great idea.
1/13/2012 7:57:36 AM
Steve United States
Steve
This is a great idea!  I wonder if you woud be interested in using yarn or hat kits from kidknits.org?  The yarn is handmade by widows in Rwanda, and provides them with sustainable jobs.  Using this yarn would extend the benefit of your wonderful project upstream as well as to the recipients of your hats!
1/14/2012 8:47:21 AM
Jennifer M. United States
Jennifer M.
I have been crocheting some hats for you to take with you and would like a address to where I need to send them before you leave. Please let me know. God Bless
1/14/2012 9:39:58 AM
Christy United States
Christy
My church has a yarn ministry.  Most of our ladies crochet but I would love to get them involved in this, if it would be possible.  Are crocheted items acceptable?  If so, when and where do they need to be sent?
1/17/2012 3:32:31 PM
Susan S. United States
Susan S.
I am praying for you and your mission.  My husband is currently there working with Afghan police officers.  I pray that he imparts Christ's love to them while he shows his genuine compassion for their situation.  You will be added to my prayers!  God bless you for going over and shining your light!!  I hope you see my hubby!  Smile
1/17/2012 4:22:00 PM
Marti United States
Marti
Where do I send them when I'm finished?
1/17/2012 4:25:50 PM
Angie Mendenhall United States
Angie Mendenhall
I would love to crochet if that is acceptable? I thought it was a desert climate, does it get cold there?