Jan 12 2012

Scott and Kelli's Croc-pot

Rule-keeping does not naturally evolve into living by faith, but only perpetuates itself in more and more rule-keeping, a fact observed in Scripture: "The one who does these things [rule-keeping]continues to live by them." Galatians 3:12

Watch this and tell us what you think?

Lessons From Leaving a Desk Job. RELEVANT

Jon Acuff, author of the book Quitter, writes, “We’re becoming the ‘I’m, but’ generation ... We inevitably say, ‘I’m a _____, but I want to be a ______.’ ” “There’s an old Pentecostal saying that goes, ‘Different levels, different devils,’ ” Simon said to me in his rich British accent while on a walk around the Christ Church meadow in Oxford.

Still in ruins: Haiti marks two years after quake. YAHOO! NEWS

Haitians flocked to churches Thursday to mark the second anniversary of the catastrophic 2010 earthquake that killed a quarter-of-a-million people in the poorest country in the Americas.

12 Foods To Add To Your Diet In 2012. Huffington Post

8 goofy gadgets from CES. CNN.com

Skinny Crock Pot Facebook Page, check out some of their recipes.

Crocs sells $1 billion worth of shoes in 2011. SHINE FROM YAHOO!

Either you love Crocs or you hate them. If you're among the hate-them crowd who never enjoyed the gimmicky trend, you probably think most others do, too.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (64) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/12/2012 2:09:54 PM
Aaliyah Phillips United States
Aaliyah Phillips
this video explains exactly how I feel. It's more than claiming a religion, its building a relationship with god.
1/12/2012 2:23:40 PM
Michelle Duncan United States
Michelle Duncan
Love this video!  So true, honest, real!  So passionate!
1/12/2012 3:02:02 PM
Mari-Ann Stumblingbear United States
Mari-Ann Stumblingbear
I viewed this video this morning.  My young cousin had posted it on her FB.  After viewing it, I shared it on my FB.  There are many folks who think that "faith" is a "religion" and I think this poem puts it into perspective; especially for the younger generation.  Many have not given Jesus a chance because they believe they must behave or look a certain way.  It's regligion that judges, not the faithful. . . .Can you say Pharisee??
1/12/2012 3:03:48 PM
Carmen United States
Carmen
I totally agree and I love this video. People think that its all anout religion and its not its about Jesus. Religion is just a title and people are so big on it when the main focus is God like he said " Religion says DO
Jesus says DONE
Religion says SLAVE
Jesus says SON
Religion puts you in BONDAGE
Jesus sets you FREE
Religion makes you BLIND
But Jesus sets you FREE"
Religion is pretty much keeping us closed up n Jesus is setting us free.
1/12/2012 3:05:48 PM
Carmen United States
Carmen
He has another video called Sexual Healing and its talking about his past and how you should wait until marriage and that video really touched me and made me realize alot
1/12/2012 3:06:07 PM
Vinny Falcone United States
Vinny Falcone
I know of who he speaks. I don't go to church to be seen or so I can go to heaven. I go to hear the word, connect with others, lead my children in their faith and learn. I don't consider being a Christian a religion, but it is my faith. My religion is Lutheran, but that hardly matters when I speak to God.

The truth is power and this message is very powerful.
1/12/2012 3:12:12 PM
Shannon United States
Shannon
I LOVE this!!!  This is the epitome of our faith. It is Jesus, period, nothing more, nothing less.  Jesus says He is they way, the truth, and the life; not Him and anything else.  We could fill in a million blanks with what the world turns to in our daily lives, during our struggles, but everything else that we turn to other than our Lord and Savior will leave us empty.  Nothing but the Trinity and His Word is flawless, so if you try to add to salvation by works, laws, thoughts, or possessions; you negate what Christ did for us and in fact tell Him it was not enough.   He broke all chains and bondage on the Cross that day for everyone and everything.  He paid the debt.  No where in scripture does it say that sacrifice is not enough.  God demands perfection, in Christ we obtain the cleansing power needed to stand before God.  He promises to never leave nor forsake - a promise that will always hold true in the best and worst of times.  Law will leave you hopeless, Jesus will set you free.
1/12/2012 3:12:26 PM
Rev. Raul Escudero Jr. United States
Rev. Raul Escudero Jr.
Hmmm,What does the scriptures say about religion?

Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.  James 1:27

1/12/2012 3:14:41 PM
Jill United States
Jill
I liked this video a lot. I have struggled for many years with the concept of "Religion". I am a Roman Catholic, born and raised. However, when exploring other religions, I became quite confused. Who were they praying too? Was it the same God that I was praying to? I feel/have felt for the longest time that there is one God, one Christ. I liked how the video defined the two. I want to follow Jesus. I want to live my life to serve Him. But which "religion" do I pick? I am not opposed to religion, just leary of the many different ones and how they are interrupted. For now I remain a Roman Catholic, who desperately loves Jesus Christ.
1/12/2012 3:28:57 PM
Colton United States
Colton
Fantastic! Thanks for reposting.
1/12/2012 3:35:38 PM
Jeff United States
Jeff
I have felt that way about religion fromthe timeI first was saved. Too many people are turned away from God because of the many pious people that are supposed to represent Him. Denominations are too caught up in their traditions and rulesto see who Christ really is and what He represents for a fallen mankind.The road to Salvation is really a simple acceptance of His saving grace. But we have put too many conditions on it when there are none.If we would just remember that the effectiveness of evangelism would be so much easier.
1/12/2012 3:41:06 PM
David United States
David
1/12/2012 4:02:43 PM
Monica Williams United States
Monica Williams
I love this video the first time I saw this video I was Impacted and touched that I said God I have to show this video to my Youth group. Last Night I preached about this video and Its affect in our lives. Do we choose to live in a Religion or have a relationship with God? I hope people can realize that we shouldn't be comfortable with just being a christian on facebook or on Sunday. We should talk to God at all times and be the light in darkness. May God bless you
1/12/2012 4:07:51 PM
Kristin United States
Kristin
Although I feel that sometimes, he's right, religion today (in the sense that so many people see it) isn't what it should be. Some (and I really mean some) people go to church to be seen, and are a part of a church just to say they're Christian, but really don't believe anything the church is talking about.
Yes, part of your religion is that personal relationship with God, but another part is to help others in their faith and relationship with God. When churches become corrupt, that's when, yeah, I say that there is a problem, but when there is a church that stands on God's word then I think that the church and the religion is a very good and beneficial thing for everyone involved.
The thing is, no one is perfect. No one can have that perfect relationship with God 100% until we get to heaven. Also, no church is perfect. Each church may have their flaws. I think in this case, we need to focus on God's grace, but we shouldn't focus on self-righteous grace. Instead, we should focus on God's grace for everyone around us, including ourselves, but not limited to ourselves. God loves us and His love is unconditional. We all make mistakes, but as long as we repent our sins, God forgives and forgets. His love: the best this in the world.
There are flaws in this video, but it gives us a chance to think about what we really want to believe, and maybe even the changes we need to make in our lives to become the person we want to be, whatever we choose to be.
1/12/2012 4:08:08 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I agree that religion is a man made thing and to be a christian you don't need to belong to a certain religion.  However I di believe that the church, us, needs to improve.  Not knowing how to understand the bible and bing a single mom of a biracial son who has Down Syndrome I felt ashamed and unwanted in a few churches.  They really did not welcome us into the family.  I believe we need the church and fellowship with other believers.  Religion to me is just another word that Satan uses to deter people from knowing the Truth.  I thank God everyday for my son and believing in me and loving me.  Now all my family loves God and listens to Klove
1/12/2012 4:17:06 PM
Brian United States
Brian
I agree it is dangerous when your religious identity become more important that your relationship to Jesus.  Many church goers get lost in church identity.  On the flip side, church is supposed to be a place where people gather together to worship Jesus.  Personally, I find it difficult to maintain my relationship to Jesus without having a regular place (a commitment) via Church.  Take to heart what this guy says, but also don't give up on the church - it's important to have a spiritual community to keep you going!
1/12/2012 4:18:56 PM
I. Torchia Canada
I. Torchia
Fantastic. Love it. Love it.  Keep preaching the Word!  God is with you.
1/12/2012 4:48:09 PM
Jack United States
Jack
Nice try at being cute with rap but that is about it.  Yes, people fall short and we always will but that does not negate religion.  Christ gave us a structure to work within otherwise we are on our own and will end up lost.  Religion is not the problem it is what folks do with it that is.
1/12/2012 4:54:01 PM
Adam Wallace United States
Adam Wallace
I agree with some of the things he says but I don't understand some of it.

It almost sounds like he's pro alcohol.  Jesus did drink wine but you've got to remember he never got drunk.
1/12/2012 4:55:57 PM
Chris G. United States
Chris G.
This video is amazing. However, having read through some of the responses I think it would be important to say that the man isn't calling Religion as in the form of a specific set of beliefs evil. The man is making the point that Religion has become an institue where it's more about personal feelings than Christ's work. I wonder how many people never go back to a church because they feel judged. Often times when a church looks at a person we find it easier to say "you're a sinner" than "Christ died for you" The absolute truth is that today most churchs wouldn't let Jesus through the door. Also there's an old joke about the money issue.---Two stewards sit down in a vault counting the money the church has made. One begins to run the coins through his fingers and says "No longer can we say 'Gold and Silver I have not'" The second steward looks up from his paper and replies "Ah, yes. But neither can we any longer say "Rise, take up your bed and walk.'"--The point is that Church as in INSTITUTION is not okay. The catholic church seperates sin into Mortal and Veneal. However, I've never seen those words in the Bible. I see SIN is SIN. By making an institution someone gets the power to make the rules. Someone gets to say "I don't know, let me think about it and I'll some up with something." While in Religion in the form of which Jesus presented it allows us to say "I don't know, Let's ask God." The real problem we have today is that we don't use words like we are suppose to we've warped them so that Hypocrite means someone who says one thing and does another even though it's real origins and meaning is ACTOR. Someone who pretends to be something they're not. This goes back to the Bibles reference for Christians to be "Innocent as a dove but Wise as a serpent."
1/12/2012 5:02:23 PM
Tammy Maldonado United States
Tammy Maldonado
I love this video and its message. I have felt for a long time now that our religion is getting in the way of God's message. Of course we have to follow rules, but salvation is not gained by being (or trying to be) flawless. If we give our lives to Christ, following the rules will be something we desire even though we realize that we will make mistakes. As for the church, I agree that many go for the wrong reasons, there is corruption there and many pulpits are being used for worldly politics instead of otherworldly leadership. However, I don't think we should stop going to church. We should, instead, take this message, this attitude, this faith into the church with us and back out into the world when the service is over.
1/12/2012 5:17:39 PM
Brett United States
Brett
Right on the head, this guy nails it.  This is what makes the Gospel "good news"!

Jesus said"“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves. Matthew 23:15

Unfortunately this applies to a lot of religious people today, we get saved and then the next message we hear is "OK, now you have to clean up your life."  We need to do this, and this, and then this. But the question should be, "Wait a minute, didn't Jesus already clean up my life?  Isn't that what just happened?!"

Like the poem implies: Religion is man's attempt to reach God. We see it exemplified in Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and yes even many versions of modern Christianity.  True Christianity is God reaching down to us, not for the purpose of cleaning us up or making us "better", but to restore relationship with us. That was the "joy set before him" in Hebrews 12.

Jesus didn't come to make bad people good, but to make dead people live.
1/12/2012 5:21:00 PM
Gary United States
Gary
It's encouraging to see this man so passionate for Jesus.

Thank you for sharing!
1/12/2012 5:23:03 PM
Ray Owsley United States
Ray Owsley
This is exactly how I feel and I have shared this with all I know. I am so glad that "KLOVE" has been brought into my life. God told me to listen, and listen I have done. Thanks KLOVE for bringing hope and great music inti my life. I will always be grateful.
1/12/2012 5:36:56 PM
Jasmine United States
Jasmine
It's true and it's simple because Jesus is not a religion period. He is love and we need to focus on HIM not on men. We need to hear the truth about God in the church whether we like it or not and not use it just as a social club to meet once a week where pastors just preach what makes people happy. This is why God said "my people are captive for lack of knowledge" but not worldly knowledge but His knowledge. He told us to gather together always to be united and to pray for each other to remain strong. That's the purpose of the church.
1/12/2012 6:13:20 PM
Mark AnthonyGarcia United States
Mark AnthonyGarcia
      To get to heaven one must live by rules. These are in the Bible. What he fails to state is Jesus taught and learned by the Bible. Obviously he and all who agree with him have not read the Bible if he/ they did they would understand Jesus died for our freedom this is why he can say that and still breath today. I bet he is one of the believers that the world is going to end in 12/12/12. OH THOSE WITH LITTLE FAITH.
1/12/2012 6:24:01 PM
Karen Cote United States
Karen Cote
Thanks so much for sharing this.  Perhaps it depends on how we define "religion" - my dictionary uses the word "system" and I would surely rather have a relationship with Jesus than fit into a system.   I would hope I'd be open to a person and not tell them the system couldn't accommodate who they were.  What a great conversation starter when you feel like going deep - again, thank you!
1/12/2012 6:35:46 PM
true religion joey United States
true religion joey
I like your article.And you can have a good see in <a href='http://www.true-religion-joey.com' title='true religion joey'>true religion joey</a>.
1/12/2012 6:59:11 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I agree with him. We can follow those rules all we want but lets face it that wont give us a relationship with Jesus and that is want God wants a relationship with him. I believe its callous to blame all the wars on religion when they were just as much if not more about power and possessing more land and more people.
1/12/2012 7:01:09 PM
Leslie United States
Leslie
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Smile This is what my church believes, and I am so thankful to have a church home that our basis is loving Jesus, and living like he did. I think "religion" is why a lot of people don't want to come to a Bible study or a church service. It's our jobs to make this change to show everyone that loving and living for Christ is what our soul purpose is.
1/12/2012 7:34:25 PM
k United States
k
Pure clarity!

Since at times we are all ignorant, weak, confused ect. we can not always "find" God yet he is always with us.  It makes more sense to me to believe that God is the one who does the finding and we go to him when we are ready.

If God is love then he only wants to build us up and make us better.  All of us.  No one deserves less no matter what building they walk into to connect with God.
1/12/2012 8:11:17 PM
Alfred Guzman United States
Alfred Guzman
I agree with his message but when talking about Jesus and how wonderful he is, I can’t in the same breath say I hate anything. We are in God’s image, and he who was without sin (Jesus) died on the cross for us (all of the human race) for our sins, and we are all sinners. His act of love reminds me of how imperfect I am as man and that I am a sinner, but I can be forgiven. That we as an entire race have been given forgiveness and a chance to redeem ourselves through Jesus. This is my point. To do anything through Jesus means to live in his light… to live by his example. Although we may never be perfect like Jesus (and I to do feel hate at times) we should strive to be Christ like. And I don’t believe that Jesus had hate for anything he would be disappointed, aggravated and even saddened by certain things, but Hate is not something he possessed. Hate leads to hostility. Hostility leads to War! You don’t have to look in the Bible for that… You can find that in the Dictionary. But here is some black and white from The Word.

Proverbs 26 : 24

Matthew 5 : 43-45

1 John 3 :15Anyone who hates  his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding within him.16By this we come to know the love: that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay our lives down for are our brothers.

Hate-
verb (used with object)
1.  to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion foror extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
2.  to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.
verb (used without object)
3.  to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.

Hostility-
noun, plural -ties.
1.  a hostile state, condition, or attitude; enmity; antagonism; unfriendliness.
2.  a hostile act.
3.  opposition or resistance to an idea, plan, project, etc.
4.  hostilities,
a)   acts of warfare.
b)  WAR.
1/12/2012 8:43:33 PM
JUDITH KNOWLES United States
JUDITH KNOWLES
THIS IS WHAT HE WANT ALL HIS CREATION TO HEAR ALL ABOUT JESUS NO OTHER JESUS SAID I AM WAY THE TRUTH AN THE LIGHT.JESUS LOVE US SO MUCH(EVERYONE)
1/12/2012 9:17:29 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
While I agree with the video that some "religious" people are hypocrites and lose sight of what's truly important-their relationship with God, religion itself is not a bad thing. Religion and religious institutions (our brothers and sisters in Christ) are a support network for us; they're supposed to help us in our walk with Christ: let us know when we're doing something wrong, encourage us when we're struggling, and celebrate with us in our little victories. I feel like turning our backs on the Christian families/support systems that God has made for us here on Earth because we feel that "religion" is too controlling. Of course, religion can be a bad thing if people just use it as a label-something to belong to or to show the outside world-and forget about building their relationship with Jesus.
1/12/2012 10:46:39 PM
sandi gundersen United States
sandi  gundersen
I love this video. Too much stuff about splitting hairs on face book and youtube. OMG the guy is simply saying Jesus is not about religion Even Jesus criticized the Pharasies who were the       righteous religious people for the very reason this guy is making his point about. He love Jesus it's obvious!
1/13/2012 2:49:27 AM
Jerry United States
Jerry
This video is obviously done to crack on Barron's video on Catholicism. Although it was nicely produced and directed and the words nicely rhyme, how does it proclaim God's Glory?  It only shares a strong subjective bias.  Jesus came to abolish religion?  I thought Jesus came to give life in abundance. John 10:10.  How can you claim to believe in Jesus yet still hate? He also states that he is not judging but the entire premise of the vides is just that, judgement.  "I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold.  I must lead them, too, and they shall hear my voice. There shall be one flock then, one shepherd.  It appears to me that instead of trying to divide believers like all the comments here suggest, we should try to unite God's people as one body in Christ.  People should not use Jesus' name to promote their own little agenda.  No one should add or take away to the Truth that is Jesus.  He came to set the captives free and we should be proclaiming His message of Love and not hate.
1/13/2012 6:53:14 AM
Shari United States
Shari
Interesting, many excellent points!
1/13/2012 7:14:40 AM
Rick Chisnick United States
Rick Chisnick
Love the video!  I've read a bunch of criticisms saying how it doesn't directly mention the truths of James 1:26-27.  While those criticisms are valid, I still think the poem gets right to the heart of the matter.  I especially liked how he mentioned something along the lines of the church should not be a "Museum for good people" but a "Hospital for the broken."  I shared this on my FB page.  Great video!
1/13/2012 10:19:30 AM
John Bridges United States
John Bridges
All I can say is, WOW!  We need this type of "real preaching" in all of our churches today.  I can honestly say he hit the nail on the head.  God is real, therefore He wants us to be real, not fake, not putting on a facade.  This is how we truly will reach the world, when we get real with God so He can be real in us!
1/13/2012 10:22:25 AM
Dawn Waller United States
Dawn Waller
Awesome message!! We all need to check our hearts to see if inside we are actually a pharisee in disguise. How many people have turned away from Christ because they see the hypocrites of the church and don't want any part of it. I didn't either but God helped me understand the difference between Religion vs Relationship.
1/13/2012 10:34:05 AM
Michael J. United States
Michael J.
Good responses. I think the issue is NOT with Jesus, it's with the man-made religions. Jesus is THE Man! No doubt about it! However, men have used fear & murder for centuries in God's name, and that's not what religion should be about. Also, since there are SO many religions, each one thinks theirs is THE ONLY one to salvation! Even Catholics believe that and I totally disagree with this coercion to make people follow the Catholic way - that goes for any religion.
Jesus' goals were simple - do as I do and you shall inherit the Kingdom of God. Love...Unconditionally. Forgive, Unconditionally!
The opposite of Love is not hate, it's fear. Religions need to get on board with Love, not kill thy neighbor if they don't follow our religion.
Just my 3 cents ;)
1/13/2012 10:35:40 AM
Heidi United States
Heidi
I glanced through some of the comments...seems like there are varying opinions about the video. I think when the opinion of PEOPLE is taken OUT and the BIBLE is the ONLY voice heard, the TRUTH speaks. I liked the video a lot...strips it all down and gets the the heart...
1/13/2012 10:39:21 AM
kd United States
kd
I think the question is - What would Jesus think?

Jesus was not sent to divide believers.  He came so that all would know God's love for us.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

I do not care for this type of message.  There is nothing in it that proclaims God's love or glory.
1/13/2012 11:16:16 AM
Angie Moseley United States
Angie Moseley
While I agree with this video, I think we must strike a balance between relationship and religion to a degree.  I agree with the heart of this video.  The follow blog post is quite thought provoking and represents that balance perfectly... in my opinion.  Would love for you all to take a look at see what you think!  Blessings!

raymondmorehouse.blogspot.com/.../...religion.html
1/13/2012 11:26:50 AM
Neal United States
Neal
This is a dangerous video for Klove and individuals to be spreading.  While there are some positive elements and some accurate descriptions of some aspects of some churches, the blatant attack on an undefined religion is inaccurate.  Further, he puts words in Jesus' mouth on 2 separate occasions that aren't found anywhere in scripture (He hates religion).

Even if this video makes us feel good, we cannot replace the accuracy of scripture and history (most wars were started by non religious factions for instance) with inaccurate displays because we agree with one or two points.

There are more than a dozen inaccuracies in this "spoken word" and that troubles me greatly.

Pastor Neal
1/13/2012 11:26:56 AM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
Wow! This really made me think, but it was great! Thank you so much for sharing
1/13/2012 11:57:23 AM
Gina United States
Gina
Wow!  This was great and very moving!  Thank you for posting this.
1/13/2012 12:04:16 PM
Nicole United States
Nicole
I have seen too many churches be a museum for the healthy...where people are dressed up in their best & nice but, very judgemental of others. I always felt judged.   That is the reason I left the church 20 years ago.  However, about 5 yrs ago, I knew i needed Him in my life and for my young son.  I made sure I choose a church that was not judgemental as I had experienced yrs earlier.  I found a really awesome christian church that really is a hospital for the broken.  We have a great homeless ministry and kids ministry which I serve in and love it.
1/13/2012 12:12:07 PM
Lindsay United States
Lindsay
My favorite line is "When I was God's enemy,and certainly not a fan, He looked down and said, 'I want that man.'" I remember that moment in my life vividly, and it's so humbling to me to admit that I am no better than the worst of the worst.  We ALL have invaluable worth in God's eyes, and He sent His son to die for every single one of us. Why is it so easy to forget who we were before Christ when we encounter the ones who need Him the most?
1/13/2012 4:34:48 PM
Vera United States
Vera
I would love for you and Scott to have this young man on your show the same time you feature Tim Tebow.  If you look at what's going on with his channel on youtube, and more specifically on the page on which he posted this poem, you'll see that within 36 hours he has accumulated over 7 million views.  A lot of people are up in arms about that vid, but what's more important is that, based on the comments on that page, a lot of people are wondering what that poem is really about and what this guy has to say.

I equally applaud both Tim Tebow and this young college student for visually and orally demonstrating that they have taken a stand for Christ.  I'd love it if you could bring them together on the air.  Since they are in the same boat and people are being very vocal about their actions, I think a camaraderie between the two might encourage them both, as well as the K LOVE listeners.
1/13/2012 9:34:22 PM
Thomas Hill United States
Thomas Hill
I think this video has some great points, but some of it can be mistaken or taken the wrong way.  When I first watched it I like it, but after thinking further there are some statements in the poem that aren't spot on biblical.  The Gospel Coalition has a great article that breaks down the poem verse by verse in light of spiritual truth...thegospelcoalition.org/.../
Thanks for your work Klove!
1/13/2012 10:04:55 PM
Kaitlin United States
Kaitlin
I have never been so disappointed in K-Love as I have at this moment for posting this video. I understand so well why everyone wants to love this video and is so swayed by its message. Please don't get me wrong: we should all love Jesus Christ, our Savior with the same passion this man displays. But I agree with Pastor Neal above who says that this video is dangerous. If you see in this video a reason to be passionate about the truth and wonder of our Savior's sacrifice, I am thankful. But if you see in it a reason to hate religion, I am saddened.

This video is woefully inaccurate in so many ways. I would beg and encourage everyone to please read this amazing response to the video, especially if you get the sense that something about the message he sends is not right. Because it isn't. This response is phrased better than I could ever put it:

www.patheos.com/.../...ove-jesus-the-smackdow.html

Let me just say for now: remember that Jesus Christ DID NOT come to abolish religion or the law; he came to fulfill it. Jesus Christ did not say you were free from rules; He said "If you love me, keep my commandments."

Please, please read the above blog. Jesus Christ knew we needed instruction in this sad and confused world. You simply cannot be spiritual alone; that will not cut it. You were made for more.

In Christ,
Kaitlin
1/14/2012 3:12:49 PM
Ali United States
Ali
Katilin, please remove that twisted clip. There are laws we should follow yes, but all of those are summed up in Matthew 22:37-40. The Priest is twisting the bible for his own benefit and you are going along with it blindly. "religious people" and others will not see the truth behind the poem but I am thankful that Jesus is not religious he went against the norm during his time on earth eating with the least of society and caring for their needs. I choose to follow him and not play church, warming the bench on Sunday morning and little else. I hope you are up for the challenge as well.
1/14/2012 3:31:48 PM
David United States
David
Thank you for your response Kaitlin! I agree with you 100%.  God bless.
1/14/2012 7:34:42 PM
sandi gundersen United States
sandi  gundersen
Katlin,
First of all I want to support K=-Love in posting this video because they are neither condoning nor condemning it. Obviously Christians need a place to post their views about a hot topic as this and Klove has provided that! other wise it would be on Youtube where there are horrible posts being posted most of them anti-Christian. K-love gives Christians a safe place to discuss our controversial comments. Second of all people love this video because this young man has the love of God in him and his dis-like about Jesus being about religion. Sure there are faults in this. Who here has posted something is without sin? The message is touching so many people because it is about JESUS who loved a man who went to church who was involved in pornography Jesus loved him anyways. There are so many lyrics love here but I don't get that message in www.patheos.com/.../...ove-jesus-the-smackdow.html I have a    hard time understanding what his message is really. It's not about how Jesus can change a man's  life and that is what I get when I listen to and watch  the video posted by Klove
Thanks KloveSmile
1/14/2012 8:47:08 PM
David United States
David
Perhaps what this generation needs is to stop watching YouTube so “religiously” and, instead, spend that time in Scripture (as the video suggests). After the Gospels, I’d suggest the Acts of the Apostles. It teaches followers how to live as a Church…as they work out their new religion and religious practices, known – in the early Church – as Christianity…Catholic Christianity, if you want to get specific.
1/14/2012 10:38:41 PM
sandi gundersen United States
sandi  gundersen
Hi David,
This isn't about you tube it's about a video posted on you tube. I rarely go on you tube. I do however spend too much time on face book and that's where I saw this video.As I read thru the posts I notice how people pick out quotes that the writer puts in to support the main point Jesus is NOT a religion and his point is that Jesus wants all of us to belong to Him and not belong to a religion.  I love his question If Jesus came to your church would you accept him? Great question to think about.
This video makes people think!!! it's terrific!
1/15/2012 11:53:24 AM
David United States
David
1/15/2012 3:08:12 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I have watched this video twice now and at first loved it and knew exactly what he was talking about! The word HATE is too strong of a word I believe to be used.  I do know that at some churches that I have belonged to he must have been attending the same church I was.  I think if we spent more time and energy on knowing Jesus
instead of all the other "STUFF" we would be better off!
1/16/2012 1:20:52 PM
Perry United States
Perry
Great video in that it makes you think and reflect on what religion means to each of us.  However, I would be interested in knowing what his goal was in writing the poem.  I also feel many churches are still museums for good people...but also many churches have become hospitals for the broken and have valuable programs and small groups to help "heal" the broken.  I think the key is for church goers to not be auperficial and allow for their inner hurts and struggles to be known.
1/16/2012 2:07:43 PM
Angie United States
Angie
I don't think you can claim you know Jesus' love and then say you "hate religion".  I think that if you know his love and have experienced it, then hate cannot be a part of your volcabulary.  Just sayin.

www.youtube.com/watch
1/17/2012 12:06:05 PM
Juan Frank United States
Juan Frank
I posted this video to my Google + stream a day before you guys when the views were 595k... and now a less than a week it's over 13 mill...

it is unbelievable how this poem get it with a microscopic precision.
1/20/2012 12:05:00 PM
Kaitlin United States
Kaitlin
David, I saw that YouTube video you posted. A really great response! A lot of people are writing some great poems as a rebuttal and uploading them - I hope more people take a moment to watch those.

Also, Sandi, thanks for your point about how K-Love did not support or condone the video. That's very fair and I will agree with you that perhaps it's better for them to post it and give us all a chance to discuss our faith than let verbal wars escalate on YouTube comments.

To everyone else, I guess I'll return to my original point. I believe it's worthwhile to consider the possibility that Jefferson Bethke's video is a bit simplistic as far as what he's lashing out against. I do understand that his focus is on loving Jesus, but he does spend the other half of the video ranting so I think the ranting part deserves a response. I have absolutely no argument with the rest of his message.
1/20/2012 12:20:30 PM
Kaitlin United States
Kaitlin
Also, best video response I've seen yet.
www.youtube.com/watch!