Jan 24 2012

Knifty Knitting

A Celebration of Peanut Butter. Delish.com

Heading to Afghanistan at the end of February with Cure Internaitonal to take knitted hats and blankets to children.

K-LOVE Knifty Knitters with me and Kelli.

Aaron Shust update about his son Michael Aaron.

Some surprises in Oscar nomination list. TODAY

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (31) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/24/2012 2:28:48 PM
Adriane United States
Adriane
How can I get involved with the knitting?! I don't know how, but the moment you said that something I make could wrap a newborn in just had me sunk! I want to get a bunch of ladies, sit around, learn to knit with laughter, food and prayer over the blankets.
1/24/2012 3:31:11 PM
Daphne Alberts United States
Daphne Alberts
Scott and Kelly, I just wanted to comment on the knifty knitters. A friend of mine from church started Hats for Orphans and has been doing this for years. It has just taken off and grown so much. Another friend and I even learned how to knit to be apart of this wonderful ministry. I encourage anyone to join or start a group themselves. It is not only rewarding looking at this little hat that you made ALL BY YOURSELF but to know that you are helping a child. Very moving and praying for the child while your making it makes a connection that is unexplainable. God Bless!
1/24/2012 3:35:33 PM
Dave Diaz United States
Dave Diaz
HA HA,  Sorry, but I like the missing cat video.  You have seen NUTHIN ! Smile

dcd
1/24/2012 11:46:51 PM
**Cami** United States
**Cami**
24-Jan-11

Scott & Kelli:

Trying to find a way to message you personally, but this will have to do! Faithful listener of KLOVE on 88.5 FM!!

Please plug another extremely talented brother-in-Christ's clever commercial for the Doritos Crash the Superbowl contest: SLING BABY!!!

As you know, we need votes to win! This is just a humble and hopeful request for your support!  I believe Kelli mentioned that she went to the same highschool as Sling Baby's director: Kevin T. Willson! He is also my fellow graduate from Biola University in La Mirada, CA.

Your ministry at KLOVE far reaches to our nation and the world! If you could be so kind as to help turn the eyes of your many listeners toward SLING BABY! We need to help more men of the faith, like Kevin, exposed in the industry where they can make a difference, if not always measurable by man, but only known by our Great God!

Only a few more days left to vote!  Please post this link and video on your FB page and blog!

www.Vote4SlingBaby.com

Thank you!!

1/25/2012 4:36:57 AM
Melissa Miller United States
Melissa Miller
Can we buy the looms to make the hats anywhere?
1/25/2012 9:39:44 AM
Kina WIlson United States
Kina WIlson
Would love to have a knitting pattern for the baby hats!!  Thanks and God bless
1/25/2012 12:37:21 PM
rose United States
rose
Can u Please play voice of truth, i need to hear it. Im having really bad headaches
1/25/2012 12:54:28 PM
Mary Lee Nance United States
Mary Lee Nance
I help knit blankets hatsand a variety of things for Children's Mercy Hospital and Truman Medical Center in Kansas City, Mo.  Most of these patients would not have these things if they were not given to them at the hospital. Also several ladies at church helped and we made hats and scarves for all the children in our church cor Christmas this year. We made 51 sets. Most of our children are "bus kids" and need whatever we can give them in addition to the Love of Jesus every Sunday & Wednesday. We also make prayer shawls to give out as needed. A lot of these items are made on teh looms and many are knit or crochet items.
1/25/2012 2:15:05 PM
Donna Martin United States
Donna Martin
I have signed up to knit hats for Afghanistan!  I have participated in Debbie Macomber's Knit 1, Bless 2 project for over two years and it is a blessing to know that my hats are going to little innocent baby out there!!
1/25/2012 3:09:31 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
Knifty knitter and similar brand round looms can be purchased at Wal-Mart, Michaels, Joann's, and Hobby Lobby.
1/25/2012 4:42:06 PM
Adriane United States
Adriane
So how can I get involved? Where do we send in the (I hope mine at least Looks like one anyway hehe) the blankets?
I'm gathering friends to get a little party going, but I don't know when they need to be sent or anything. Smile
1/25/2012 7:02:51 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
trying to find the off the hook facebook page that they were talking about earlier..can anyone help me?
1/25/2012 7:21:56 PM
Glenda Mc. United States
Glenda  Mc.
My granddaughter started making hats with the Knifty Knitter when she was 7 years old.  She is my inspiration for doing this.  I have been making hats for the tornado survivors in Joplin, Mo. and I think this is a wonderful cause too.  May God richly bless each and everyone of the "knitters".
1/25/2012 8:42:56 PM
Angela United States
Angela
When my babies were in the NICU last year the hand made baby hats were one of the only things that really took my focus away from the sterile isolettes and beeping wires. It's amazing what comfort something so small can give. I have been knitting baby hats for months now, planning to donate them somewhere eventually.It's strange, I made probably 20 without a real plan for them. Today when I heard about the K LOVE knifty knitters I knew where those hats were supposed to go. Thanks for making this opportunity available!
1/25/2012 9:24:34 PM
Carol Kromer United States
Carol Kromer
I would really like to get involved with Nifty Knitters.  I started knitting a few years ago and have made several scarves and hats for my kids.   I would love to make hats and blankets for babies in need.  Thanks you and I look forward to hearing from you.
1/26/2012 12:36:05 PM
Deborah United States
Deborah
sarah....it's Hot Off The Hook Crochet on facebook. I am really interested in getting into Nifty Knitters! I love the idea of sending things over there for people. I crochet only, but I do hats, blankets and scarves!
1/26/2012 3:41:22 PM
Carol Carroll United States
Carol Carroll
OK you have me. I have made hats for premies for low income mostly single moms in our area but want to send some hats to Afganistan also. where do it send/take my hats? I'm in the Knoxville Tennessee area. I also would be interested in ongoing hat ministries. Could you please let me know?
1/26/2012 5:00:16 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
I heard about this on the radio! I wanna help! I love to crochet! Where do we send these hats and blankets?!
1/26/2012 5:06:23 PM
Marcia Hicks United States
Marcia Hicks
Just wondering, do the hats have to be knitted?  I crochet, would crocheted hats work as well?
1/27/2012 6:19:55 AM
Bonnie Wrede United States
Bonnie Wrede
Praise God ! He has given me the gift to knitt & crochet ! I make prayer shawls, and Lapghans for people in need ! I have made Hats and premie blankies for Hospitals in my area!
  I would like to make Prayer Hats for babies & children & adults in need in Afghanistan ! How do I join the Nifty Knitters ? And where do I send the Hats? Knitting or Crocheting a gift in giving part of your love and prayers to others! What a Blessing to give of your gifts God gave you! Amen <3
1/27/2012 12:37:53 PM
Lynette United States
Lynette
I LOVE to crochet! How can I get involved with the Nifty Knitters? I would like to donate blankets to babies in need. Thanks, and God Bless.
1/27/2012 2:08:54 PM
Patti Stringer United States
Patti Stringer
Tell me about the knitting project idea. I can crochet and knit -would prefer to knit the blankets - what size do they need to be and are hats just for babies? Let me know thanks.
1/27/2012 4:10:29 PM
Marisa Monk United States
Marisa Monk
Can we knit the blankets and crochet hats?? Laughing
1/28/2012 6:01:18 AM
lynda shaw United States
lynda shaw
I know how to crochet. will that work. and is anyone out there with a patern that is simple and quick. i work alot and want to do as many as i can. thanks God bless
1/29/2012 1:54:17 PM
Vicki Holland United States
Vicki Holland
Just got my yarn and pattern, count me in!!  What an awesome idea.
1/29/2012 2:10:53 PM
Janette United States
Janette
Looking foward to doing what I can to help.  For those looking for how to help click the top of the page where it says  Cure Internaitonal in blue letters.  I did and it took me to thier page with all the info.  Happy Knitting!!!
1/30/2012 5:03:36 PM
Cinda Kelly United States
Cinda Kelly
what size blankets are they wanting? i passed the link on FB and people want to know size and where to send them
1/30/2012 7:37:35 PM
kathy United States
kathy
heard about the knitting on the program today.i thought it said we could go to the k love page for instructions but i cant find anything. where do we get more info?
1/31/2012 7:36:03 AM
valarie United States
valarie
I also heard about the knitting program, and can't find anything on the Klove page. Can you let me know too as I love to knit! Thank you!
1/31/2012 10:40:10 AM
Terri United States
Terri
Have 4 hats ready to go and want to know when and where to send them.  Thanks
2/1/2012 7:54:10 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
I just recently heard about the blankets and hats. I don blankets but not hats. Can I send them? What is the address?