Sep 09 2011

Day Four in New York and Serving Relief

Serving in The Relief Bus

A great opportunity to serve others and offer some relief.

Interview with Big Daddy Weave

The Relief Bus

"What Life Would Be Like" Live

"Love Come To Life" Live

Remembering 9/11

Our Military

"I'll Be Brave This Christmas" Military Tribute Live

"Let It Rise" Live

Full interview here.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (3) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/9/2011 1:35:15 PM
Robin Walters United States
Robin Walters
Was listening this afternoon and heard you were with NY City Relief. Love this ministry. Our ministry Care-A-Van Ministries in Batavia, NY has teamed up with them twice.. love being in the city! Pics are awesome of you guys! Have a blessed week-end
9/9/2011 2:55:42 PM
Carolann V. Jerkovic United States
Carolann V. Jerkovic
Keep the memory of the fallen on Sept. 11th strong
in our hearts...this is something I wrote when I was reflecting on 0/11 2 yrs. after the towers fell...and still reflect on today.

“ Do You Hear? “

Do you hear my silent voice, quieted by the
terror inflicted on me one September day?
Can you hear me cry out to you?
Do you pay attention to what I say?
My life was ripped away from me, I
had no choice like you who remain,
Did thousands like me who perished…
have our lives taken in vain?
Demons from hell struck at my tower, I fell
to the ground under the crumbling stone,
So many fellow Americans died
there with  me….I was not alone.
Have you forgotten the horror that swept our nation, the
men, women, children and families who screamed and cried?
Have you forgotten how we were slaughtered by cowardly
dogs…who are committed to Unholy suicide?
Do you think they are satisfied with one action?
Can you not see they plot against you still,
Do you really think the war is over, that
terrorists no longer plot to destroy and kill?
Wake up my fellow Americans!  Review
the news of 9/11/01 once more,
The terrorists have brought the battle to this country,
it’s no longer just fought on foreign shores.
They despise our way of life, our freedom
of choice and what we want to be,
They despise our trust in a caring God,
and want to bring us to our knees.
Rise up against these evil men, who say
they serve God, yet they have no soul,
Fight them wherever and whenever
you can! Never let them take control!
Why do you turn against the leaders who hunt these
murderers down, even when they hide in foreign lands?
Do you not see their intent is to completely destroy you?
What is it you still don’t understand?
Americans are no longer sheltered, we must
fight evil till it no longer exists,
If and when you begin to doubt again….
review the names on the 9/11 death lists.
Give a voice to we who were silenced forever, help
us scream out the voice of freedom for all generations,
Make the ideals for which we and so many Americans
died for…be an inspiration to our country and other nations.

Written by:  Carolann V. Jerkovic  9/24/03  5:55PM
9/9/2011 4:40:49 PM
Deb Hackman United States
Deb Hackman
I just heard you mention something about a woman having the opportunity to read a poem this Sunday, which then will be sent to the wife of the pilot of United 93.  She will be so blessed.  I know her personally.  She lives in my hometown and even though she has remarried, Leroy was her hero.  She exhibits such grace.  Melody even started a foundation to support future young pilots, believing in what her husband accomplished as a pilot.  He certainly lived his dream.

I hope she knows what an inspiration she is to so many people around her.

I will be spending the day with her and her family this Sunday when my township does a special service to honor all the fallen of 9/11.

Smelling Freedom
Jan 25 2012

Smelling Freedom

Vote for the Bird of Prey Doritos commercial (www.vote4bop.com)

Will women give Axe fragrance the ax? TODAY

American hostage in Somalia rescued by US Navy SEALs in overnight raid. msnbc

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Girl Scout Cookies Nutrition Facts. Huffington Post

Facebook Timeline Roll Out: Everything You Need to Know. Mashable.com

1/25/2012 1:24:07 PM
Nick (WV) United States
Nick (WV)
I heard you talking about cookie body sprays.  I think food odor is good.  In high school I had a crush on a girl who worked at "Steak Escape".  She would hang out with a group of us after she got off work, and would say she wanted to go home and change because she stunk.  I always thought to myself, "No you don't; you smell like steak, grease, and french fries."
1/25/2012 1:33:22 PM
james United States
james
the ax spray cookie thing. i think we should put it on broccoli and feed it to the cookie monster, so he can eat healthier
1/25/2012 2:22:27 PM
terri suarez United States
terri suarez
hey scott. Iam asking about the blankets, I do fleece baby blankets, I want to make some and send them is that ok, or does it have to be knitted? also where do we send the hats and blankets to?terri,I even am getting my girls to use the loom, they love it!! tnurs08@hotmail.com
1/25/2012 2:57:47 PM
Juliana United States
Juliana
YUMMM! Cookie body spray doesn't taste good though, never tried it before. Me i am a NO FOR AXE BODY SPRAY and CUTE HAT!!! Beautiful! I'm still working on my "project" for making scarfs for the homeless not really working out yet I have 1/4 done out of about 20 scarfs I want to make Smile!! hilarious. But I'm only 13 so I have some years to try!
1/25/2012 3:04:07 PM
The Lazy Mom United States
The Lazy Mom
Heard you talking about these hats on KLove just a few minutes ago. We also heard about the lady that will knit one hat for each "like" on her facebook page, up to 300 hats.  So my 10 year old wanted to figure out how many hours it would take her to do that... great word problem we came up with on the drive home tonight!  Smile
1/25/2012 5:55:48 PM
Sherrie United States
Sherrie
I've been hearing you talk about the "Bird of Prey" commercial and just had to get online to see it for myself.  You're right - very funny!