Jan 13 2010

Haiti Needs Your Prayers...

Find out how to help Haiti

This morning I called my friend Will McGinnis from Audio Adrenaline to check on him and the orphange that they run in Jacmel, Haiti.  He said that he is thankful that everyone at the facility is OK, but the destructuion is overwhelmming.  Audio Adrenaline Mark Stuart and his family are there right now and Mark sent this email this morning.

Hi everyone.... Our internet is working finally. So I'm sending this to a few of you.... Everyone here is ok, but we are all very scared. The buildings held up great, but there are several houses right around us that have collapsed. Also, Hotel Cyvadier had major damage, while the brand new three story "peace of mind" hotel was demolished. Francine, one of our teenage nannies was in afternoon school and escaped while the building was collapsing around her because she was sitting by the door...however many of her classmates died yesterday. Many houses and and buildings have collapsed in Jacmel including the hospital. I know most of the news there is coming from PAP, but there is substantial loss of life here on the south coast. We need prayer for wisdom and strength. Its very chaotic here. We were able to buy diesel this morning and hopefully get more propane for cooking tomorrow. Last night was crazy...slept on the dirt in the center of the village...away from the buildings. Tonight we may venture back indoors, but that is yet to be decided. We go in and out to get necessities. The Haitian people are numb and sad to say very used to death, but this has created what seems to be a hypnotic state. I've never been in a situation were you feel SO helpless, fearful, and small. The tremors are coming again as i type this. Whoa!!!

Mark

Thanks so much for praying for Haiti and all those that God has there to minister to those who are hurting.  Please continue to pray!  I am also sharing a video from Mark and Will so that you have an idea of what God is doing through the Hands and Feet Project.  God Bles You, Scott!

Jan 12 2010

New YOU in 52 Week 1 Tips!

If it's you're goal to take better care of the body that God gave you.  New YOU in 52 is a chance to learn something new every week that will help you stick to your resolutions and reach your goals.  Nutritionist Christine Avanti shared some great tips with us this Friday.  Here is what she says about a great place to start!

1) Clean out your pantry and fridge of any foods that have more then 10 grams of fat per serving. Also remove any foods that are high in preservatives i.e., package foods such as Ramen noodles, sugar loaded cereals, soda, juice, frozen pizza, ice creams etc.

2) Grocery shopping tips: a) Healthful carbohydrates: buy fresh or frozen fruits and veggies that are in season such as apples, oranges, grapes, squash, artichokes, sweet potatoes, bok choy and broccoli. b) Healthful protein sources that won't break the bank: whole chicken, frozen shrimp and low fat cottage cheese.

For more tips go to www.christineavanti.com.

Categories: NYin52
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Jan 12 2010

Help!!!

As a parent, it is really hard to resist your kids when they give you that "Ahhhh mommy or daddy" look! You know the one...The one that just melts your heart. Well my little girl Charin got me this weekend when we were at the pet store. We lost our favorite cat ever a few months back, and have been heart broken! So while we were there, we adopted a cat. She is beautiful and sweet!... BUT we have a dog, and now here's where I need your help!

How do you get them used to one another?  Is there a right way to do it?  Is there a special formula?

Tags: ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Pinterest
Jan 28 2012

Pinterest

What is Pinterest?

Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.

People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes.

If you have Pinterest then pin the Encouraging Word.

For more informaiton click here.

1/28/2012 4:36:50 PM
Miranda United States
Miranda
I love pinterest!  But I can't figure out how to follow you on there....does klove have a pinterest account?
1/28/2012 7:52:48 PM
robb knaub United States
robb knaub
Hey Scott and Kelli, I absolutely love your show. You guys make me laugh all the time, while I'm in my car driving!!! Two Things: Testimony 30 day challenge and Tim Tebow. 1) I first began listening to KLOVE way back when it first came on the air in Denver and Northern Colorado, our station is 91.1. This was at least 15 years ago. At that time I made a pledged to myself and the Lord, only to listen to Christian Radio. To help me with my promise I set all the buttons on my radio to 91.1 (back then in the old days, there were only 6 buttons on radios). I have been a faithfully KLOVE listener ever since! However, there is more to the story: I am so glad I kept my promise because in 1999, 2002, and 2007 my wife and my two daughters were diagnosed with the same Autoimmune Genetic Disorder which caused serious health issues for the three of them. My wife MS, my oldest daughter Type 1 Diabetes, and my youngest daughter (Bailey) Wegener's. Bailey is 16 and had the toughest time. She has had 73 surgeries and lost one lung to her disease. I can't tell you how much the music at KLOVE has helped me and my family get through some very very very tough times, these past 12 years. Thank you and KLOVE for your awesome radio and music ministry. It is greatly appreciated by us and millions of other listeners! 2)Which brings me to the second thing: Iv'e  heard you and Scott mention on your show that you wish you could get Tim Tebow on for an interview. I might be able to help, you see Bailey was Tim's WISH 15 KID just a couple of weeks ago at the Bronco's playoff game with the Pittsburg Steelers. The Lord has done some Amazing and Miraculous things with Tim's and Bailey's Testimony following the game. You see, Tim mentioned her on National Television in his post game press conference. The next day Tim and her were on the front pages of several newspapers including the Denver Post, USA Today, and ESPN.COM. Also, the next day Bailey was interviewed on two Denver Television stations. The game has also is being called the 3:16 game (John 3:16) because Tim threw for 316 passing yards, for an average 31.6 yards per pass, and TV rating of 31.6. Lastly, God wasn't done, a week after the game Tim and Bay were asked to do a nationally televised interview on CBS SPORTS with James Brown. It was broadcast before the Bronco's New England game. I said all that to say; that I have a couple of phone numbers with which I can contact Tim's WISH 15 FOUNDATION in Jacksonville, Florida. I would be happy to relay a message or an invitation to Tim for an interview on KLOVE. He is such an Awesome Christian guy, who truly lives his Faith. I'm sure he would love to do an interview on KLOVE. Scott or Kelli you can reach me at robbk53@aol.com or (970) 214-4899. God Bless you and your families, Love always in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rob Knaub
1/30/2012 8:53:10 AM
Rachel Skwortz United States
Rachel Skwortz
Hi Scott and Kelli!!
You guys are fantastic!! I LOVE listening to K-LOVE as much as my mom has. Just the simple thing of a Christian radio station to listen to that's positive and encouraging is a big blessing! When I would have a hard time falling asleep, sometimes I would grab my MP3 player and turn on the radio and listen to K-LOVE and usually I would fall asleep within 10 minutes because I remembered that Jesus was with me! One question, have you guys ever considered playing some Cindy Morgan songs on K-Love? I had a thought maybe you guys could announce it on the radio and have the listeners vote weather to add her or not.. Just a thought! My Dad Loves Cindy Morgan, and she is a fantastic Christian artist! You can email me on your answer if you get the chance~ rslove1@live.com is my email! Anyway, Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the work you guys do! God bless the K-LOVE family!
~Rachel Skwortz
PS. The pinterest virtual pinboard was an excellent idea!

P.P.S. Scott and Kelli, you make me, my mom, and my dad laugh our socks off! Smile
1/30/2012 11:49:51 AM
mike rose United States
mike rose
I need an invite to the pinterest.
1/30/2012 5:43:20 PM
Sasha United States
Sasha
Kelli, I too would love to follow you on Pinterest.  How can I find you?  Thanks.
1/31/2012 2:50:39 PM
Gem United States
Gem
Scott and Kelli
I heard a quote from kelli on air 1/30 from Pinterest. It was about the US helping the poor. Does anyone know where I can find that?? Thank you. I hope someone heard it too!