Feb 22 2012

Amazed By God

Scott is leaving on Saturday, please join us in prayer that God's presence would be felt by the people in Afghanistan.

Dr. Hashimi Talks About Cleft Lip from CURE Video on Vimeo.

K-LOVE Cruise ship for next year is the Carnival Destiny. (Click image to see photo tour)

Please pray for Scott's friend who just lost his house and my friend who just lost her house due to fire (picture below).

How Waiters Read Your Table. THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

10 New Weight Loss Myths and Facts. SHINE FROM YAHOO!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/22/2012 1:33:57 PM
Damion Riggle United States
Damion Riggle
my heart goes out to this family and my prayers are with you all god does work in misterious ways and i do belive that he would not do this unless he has a greater plan for this family i will continue to pray for your friends ..god pless
2/22/2012 2:42:54 PM
Stacy United States
Stacy
Scott,
I have a quote taped up in my office. It is there because I am a military wife and I must always remember who is holding my husband securely! "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not cover you. Therefore, we are to walk by faith not live in fear." Afghanistan will be blessed by our Great God, however so will you. Praying for your trip. - Stacy
2/22/2012 2:46:44 PM
Larry United States
Larry
Hi, I saw the article on Ali.  I too was born with a cleft palate and cleft lip.  I was fortunate to have one of the top surgeons in the country to do corrective and plastic surgery.  It's still been a challenge.  While the outward man was corrected to the best ability possible, there were still plenty of emotional, psychological, and spiritual scars.  As a child, I can remember 21 day liquid fasts, while more surgeries were completed.  Fortunately raised in a Christian home was the catalyst for me.  At the early age of 10, the voice of an anointed evangelist caught my attention, and the word of God was planted deep, and I got a hunger for God's word.  Oddly, I started reading the Old Testament, and read how God would not accept a sacrifice that was lame, spots or blemishes and I cried - because I was born with a birth defect that I had no choice in.  It was sometime later when I read about the sacrifice of Jesus who said, "come whosoever will", and to call the halt the blind and lame.  I cried again, but this time it was joy.  Since then, I've been ordained as a minister, licensed as a Christian counselor and author several Christian books to minister to the spiritual health of others.  I hope those who have opportunity, pray to impart wholeness into every part of Ali, not just his physical man, because they are all important.  God bless - Jesus rocks!
2/22/2012 4:40:45 PM
Shirley United States
Shirley
Scott prayers are being lifted for the entire troop of people going to Afganstan I ask the LORD to wrap his arms around each of you and protect you while over there! Also for the doctors to change as many lifes as humanly possible in the LORD's name so that they see GOD is so good! GOD's speed and safe trip to and from GOD bless you all!
2/22/2012 5:19:15 PM
Jen United States
Jen
Praying for safe travel as you go to Afghanistan and  for the work of your entire team of doctors and staff.  May each life that you come into contact with, be richly blessed so that they can begin to immediately see miraculous change both physically and emotionally as the healing occurs.
2/22/2012 5:22:35 PM
Mike United States
Mike
Scott- Be strong brother and go into this new place with the light that God has placed in you as your body is the Temple for Christ to shine on others. Let them see that light and want to know more so that they to will seek the Living Water that is in you. Be strong and take up the Armor of God every day as you are there. That passage has gotten me through some really hard times and it is one of my favorite verses in the bible. With the Armor of God you can do anything by the Grace of God. Be safe we all can not wait to hear how great the trip went!
2/23/2012 8:12:00 AM
Linda United States
Linda
Scott,
Praying God's peace, presence, and protection over you and those travelling with you.
2/23/2012 12:33:07 PM
holly United States
holly
is borrowing without them knowing and remembering them still borrowing?