Feb 27 2012

Ali's Surgery

The surgery is complete! Ali, a one-year old boy in Afghanistan has just finished his life-changing surgery to fix his cleft palate through a CURE hosptial. The procedure was more complicated than some because the gap in his lip is greater than usual, but the doctor measured the two sides of his lip and made points with a dye to determine the best way to make the correction. Note: Despite the scrubs, I did not perform the surgery.

Viewer discretion advised, some parts of the surgery can be seen in this video. Thank you for your support and making this surgery possible.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/28/2012 5:58:06 AM
Michelle Suchomma United States
Michelle Suchomma
Praise God! It is amazing to see what God is doing through the effort of klove and the listeners. Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with the world.
2/28/2012 7:01:21 AM
Casey United States
Casey
I was so excited to get on the computer and see how Ali's surgery went today.  I've had it on my mind ever since I found out about little Ali.  Myself and my son both have cleft's so we're well aware of the process of getting it repaired.  I'll be praying that Ali makes a speedy recovery and for his family as well.  Thank you Dear God for bringing help to families like this that need it.  Also, thank you to the surgeons and the staff at Cure Hospital!  Praise God!
2/28/2012 7:20:57 AM
Kristen Lambert United States
Kristen Lambert
Praise God! All things are possible through him. It's amazing what people can do when they come together for a great cause. God Bless Cure Hospitals and all the staff!
2/28/2012 7:24:02 AM
Susan United States
Susan
Praise the Lord!  Praying for little Ali's surgery and recovery and the safety of all of those traveling with the CURE International Team! Our God is an Awesome God!!!
2/28/2012 7:24:16 AM
Hailey United States
Hailey
So happy he's fine. 🙏👏 hope to see more soon!😘😃
2/28/2012 8:51:41 AM
Maria United States
Maria
Wooow! God is good, and all the time!  We continue to praise Him and pray for all of you who are involved in little Ali's life, especially his parents, this is truly awesome.
Thanks Scott for sharing, kudos to the entire team, we pray for your safety and return home, mission accomplished!!!! yeeeehhhh!!!
Maria
2/28/2012 9:14:02 AM
Michael Hensen United States
Michael Hensen
Praise God!  Thank you so much for all the caring people at KLOVE and the surgeons who do wonderful work!  God bless you all! -Mike
2/28/2012 9:30:09 AM
RobfromVA United States
RobfromVA
Jesus said, "suffer the little ones to come unto me". I'm sure Jesus is pleased that Ali has had a successful surgery. Thanks Scott for your unselfish concern for this beautiful creation of God!

Since Ali's body is only temporary and "life is but a vapor", I pray that someday ALI and his family will hear the gospel of Jesus and will come to know Jesus as their personal savior. If not, we will have only made a temporary difference in Ali's life, one that will not last through eternity.

Matthew 10:28 "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." NIV
2/28/2012 12:17:40 PM
Jeannie Faulkner Barber United States
Jeannie Faulkner Barber
Amazing grace, extended across the world, because of God's love for us. Praise the Lord for any and all who even watch this life-chaning video. Pray continually for God to continue to bless KLOVE, the listeners, the staff, and those who donate to keep THE GOOD NEWS ALIVE. Those firey darts of satan cannot stop the Great Physician!
2/28/2012 12:27:31 PM
Cindy Howard United States
Cindy Howard
I am in aw that Ali can get this surgery and his life will be changed forever.  This is amazing.  I am in tears as I type this.  We take our healthy children for granted.  We take access to health care in American for granted.  Ali is a beautiful creation of the Lord Jesus Christ!
2/28/2012 12:32:07 PM
Patricia Estatico United States
Patricia Estatico
Praise the Living Only God!  & on my Birthday too, Praise God for Ali's gift of Love!
3/2/2012 10:59:48 AM